Page 354 of 371 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods.

“Than summon it by its name, and your two wishes shall be granted.”
    Maiz nodded. "OH GREAT ETERNAL DRAGON, HOULONG! COME FORTH AND GRANT OUR WISHES!!

At her command, the seven dragonballs began glowing, the balls themselves a bright white and the stars a bright orange. The sky grew dark and menacing, a far cry from the bright and sunny day it had been mere seconds ago.

On the other side of the planet, construction workers busy at work in the capital city stopped what they were doing and looked skyward, brows furrowed with utter confusion. Among them was Avoca, who had traveled to the build site to inquire of its progress. She sensed Maiz, Sarada, and Slak, but had no idea what was going on. "What are they up to?" she muttered.

Meanwhile, the balls flashed, unleashed a serpentine beam of light that arced upward and stretched across the sky. The light faded, leaving behind an outstretched body of a massive creature, blue in color and with a pair of jagged horns on its head. It three eyes glowed a daunting azure color; there were two energy balls in its hand of the same color, presumably one for each wish.

Sarada and Maiz stared in utter amazement at the creature floating high above them. They had both seen Tiamat, Earth's dragon - Sarada on multiple occasions - but the moment didn't fail to enrapture.

"I am the eternal dragon, Houlong," it spoke in an unmistakably male voice, deep like thunder and imposing like the greatest lighting flash. "State your two wishes."

Maiz swallowed. "There were many people who were unjustly killed by the Arcosian slaver Tundra's army during his invasion of the Saiyan race. My first wish is to bring back to life all those slain by him and his army during that time!

Houlong said nothing, but slightly raised his right arm. The energy ball hovering in his hand flitted upward and expanded like a supernova, filling the sky and beyond with an impossibly bright flash of light. The two Saiyans had to cover their eyes and avert their gazes to keep from being blinded. Yet, just as quickly as it appeared, it dissipated, returning to the sky's temporarily darkened state.

"It is done. What is your second wish?"

"Hey wait, how will they get back?" Sarada whispered to Maiz.

"I guess Parsley can just bring them back from Otherworld? She's the only one who can travel there and back freely."

"Maybe a portal or something." Sarada stepped forward and craned her neck to look upon the dragon. "The beings known as the Ulthan have been a thorn in my and my allies sides for the last eight months. They've killed many of my friends unjustly and they're targeting my Queen. They need to be stopped. Please, Great Dragon, inform me of all their plans and intentions. That is my second wish."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinzi leads the two into another lab area, the two women chatting quietly with each other as they sit down on two lab tables before Jinzi.

“Now than, you both agree that this is what you want?”

The two nod and the one on the right speaks up.

“Yeah doc, me ‘an Shiro are ready!”
    Shiro

The name brought up memories of the original, six years prior. Shiro had been initially one of their group along with the other one, whom he now assumed was the one speaking to Jinzi. Although he was curious on what the androids were doing nowadays, his interest waned knowing that it had nothing involving him.

Content to leave Shiro, Midori, and Jinzi to their own devices, he began to back away from his position.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maiz nodded. "OH GREAT ETERNAL DRAGON, HOULONG! COME FORTH AND GRANT OUR WISHES!!

At her command, the seven dragonballs began glowing, the balls themselves a bright white and the stars a bright orange. The sky grew dark and menacing, a far cry from the bright and sunny day it had been mere seconds ago.

On the other side of the planet, construction workers busy at work in the capital city stopped what they were doing and looked skyward, brows furrowed with utter confusion. Among them was Avoca, who had traveled to the build site to inquire of its progress. She sensed Maiz, Sarada, and Slak, but had no idea what was going on. "What are they up to?" she muttered.

Meanwhile, the balls flashed, unleashed a serpentine beam of light that arced upward and stretched across the sky. The light faded, leaving behind an outstretched body of a massive creature, blue in color and with a pair of jagged horns on its head. It three eyes glowed a daunting azure color; there were two energy balls in its hand of the same color, presumably one for each wish.

Sarada and Maiz stared in utter amazement at the creature floating high above them. They had both seen Tiamat, Earth's dragon - Sarada on multiple occasions - but the moment didn't fail to enrapture.

"I am the eternal dragon, Houlong," it spoke in an unmistakably male voice, deep like thunder and imposing like the greatest lighting flash. "State your two wishes."

Maiz swallowed. "There were many people who were unjustly killed by the Arcosian slaver Tundra's army during his invasion of the Saiyan race. My first wish is to bring back to life all those slain by him and his army during that time!

Houlong said nothing, but slightly raised his right arm. The energy ball hovering in his hand flitted upward and expanded like a supernova, filling the sky and beyond with an impossibly bright flash of light. The two Saiyans had to cover their eyes and avert their gazes to keep from being blinded. Yet, just as quickly as it appeared, it dissipated, returning to the sky's temporarily darkened state.

"It is done. What is your second wish?"

"Hey wait, how will they get back?" Sarada whispered to Maiz.

"I guess Parsley can just bring them back from Otherworld? She's the only one who can travel there and back freely."

"Maybe a portal or something." Sarada stepped forward and craned her neck to look upon the dragon. "The beings known as the Ulthan have been a thorn in my and my allies sides for the last eight months. They've killed many of my friends unjustly and they're targeting my Queen. They need to be stopped. Please, Great Dragon, inform me of all their plans and intentions. That is my second wish."
    “The Ulthan are scattered, their intentions many. The Beast God seeks his promised answers on who set him up and slew his wife. The Last Daughter seeks the knowledge to restore her mother. Lady Binder seeks souls to bind to the Fae, great and small: she has committed great works to keep even my eyes off her. The Wolf God is dead. The Judge seeks information regarding what he truly desires, working at Capsule Corp even now to learn to be human once more. Ruination Ishtar has aligned herself with my forbear, though her main reason in doing so has been taken. Lord Banespell seeks truth and absolution in prison, now that Inanna is slain and his vision of her cannot come to pass.”

“Beyond that, three intend on answering the Great Call:Ruination Ishtar, Lady Binder, and potentially the Beast God.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Shiro

The name brought up memories of the original, six years prior. Shiro had been initially one of their group along with the other one, whom he now assumed was the one speaking to Jinzi. Although he was curious on what the androids were doing nowadays, his interest waned knowing that it had nothing involving him.

Content to leave Shiro, Midori, and Jinzi to their own devices, he began to back away from his position.
    “Midori, a bit more decorum please. Dr. Jinzi, we are ready for our upgrades.”

“Very well, hold still.”

It appears Jinzi is upgrading Midori and Shiro, probably to make them stronger. Apparently, judging from some more conversation you overhead, Jinzi has slowly been contacting other fighters across Earth and getting them ready to act as a second line of defense, or offense, should the need arise when Sakin is assaulted.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“The Ulthan are scattered, their intentions many. The Beast God seeks his promised answers on who set him up and slew his wife. The Last Daughter seeks the knowledge to restore her mother. Lady Binder seeks souls to bind to the Fae, great and small: she has committed great works to keep even my eyes off her. The Wolf God is dead. The Judge seeks information regarding what he truly desires, working at Capsule Corp even now to learn to be human once more. Ruination Ishtar has aligned herself with my forbear, though her main reason in doing so has been taken. Lord Banespell seeks truth and absolution in prison, now that Inanna is slain and his vision of her cannot come to pass.”

“Beyond that, three intend on answering the Great Call:Ruination Ishtar, Lady Binder, and potentially the Beast God.”
    Houlong gave his answer, pulling back the shroud that had been serving as a veil to obscure the Ulthan and their intentions from the M-Fighters. Whereas before when they were cloaked in mystery, they were then stripped naked. Sarada knew exactly what they were doing.

Yet...

Inanna... She's dead...

The air became heavy. Sarada's hand clenched at her chest. It was hard to breathe. The air felt heavy and hot, like fire. She made a choking noise, something that sounded like a sob and rocketed up skyward, past Houlong and past the limitations of the planet's atmosphere.

Maiz watched her leave with a saddened frown. Heaving out a heavy sigh, she turned to the dragon again. "Can you tell me what this Great Call is?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Midori, a bit more decorum please. Dr. Jinzi, we are ready for our upgrades.”

“Very well, hold still.”

It appears Jinzi is upgrading Midori and Shiro, probably to make them stronger. Apparently, judging from some more conversation you overhead, Jinzi has slowly been contacting other fighters across Earth and getting them ready to act as a second line of defense, or offense, should the need arise when Sakin is assaulted.
    It was apparent that Jinzi was taking the threat of Sakin heavily if he was bringing the sisters out of retirement. Then again, he himself had not been taking this lightly, considering Sakin was the angel Islay wanted dead, no doubt. While Eva had shown him the goings-on, he was still left wondering what was happening with the other M Fighters. Were they still training, or did they have their own troubles to sort out at the moment?

Houlong gave his answer, pulling back the shroud that had been serving as a veil to obscure the Ulthan and their intentions from the M-Fighters. Whereas before when they were cloaked in mystery, they were then stripped naked. Sarada knew exactly what they were doing.

Yet...

Inanna... She's dead...

The air became heavy. Sarada's hand clenched at her chest. It was hard to breathe. The air felt heavy and hot, like fire. She made a choking noise, something that sounded like a sob and rocketed up skyward, past Houlong and past the limitations of the planet's atmosphere.

Maiz watched her leave with a saddened frown. Heaving out a heavy sigh, she turned to the dragon again. "Can you tell me what this Great Call is?"
    “It is a Reckoning. It builds even now, I can taste it on the wind and in the ether. A Call shall go forth, and you and yours will be beset by enemies all around. A Final Battle, for the fate of your Universe.”

The dragon sighs and starts dissipating.

“Farewell, Saiyans. I would wish you luck, in the coming storm.”

It vanishes, the sevens balls fly off and scatter.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was apparent that Jinzi was taking the threat of Sakin heavily if he was bringing the sisters out of retirement. Then again, he himself had not been taking this lightly, considering Sakin was the angel Islay wanted dead, no doubt. While Eva had shown him the goings-on, he was still left wondering what was happening with the other M Fighters. Were they still training, or did they have their own troubles to sort out at the moment?

Leaving the lab, Charco is surprised to sense two other familiar Ki energies not too far away. Chuan, the healer, and Miras Thane, the GP officer. They seemed to be engaging in light sparring in a nearby park.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“It is a Reckoning. It builds even now, I can taste it on the wind and in the ether. A Call shall go forth, and you and yours will be beset by enemies all around. A Final Battle, for the fate of your Universe.”

The dragon sighs and starts dissipating.

“Farewell, Saiyans. I would wish you luck, in the coming storm.”

It vanishes, the sevens balls fly off and scatter.
    The final battle. The ultimate fate of the universe hung in the balance, and was very much in the hands of a disjointed group of people who had effectively splintered at the worst possible time.

Inanna was dead and there was no telling when Sarada would feel up to fighting again. At least until she was wished back.

Maiz sighed heavily and bent down to pick up the bust Sarada made the day before. "I believe she wanted to give this to you, Slak, as thanks for your efforts." She handed it to him. "It sounds like you'll have to return to the battlefield soon. At least one last time."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The final battle. The ultimate fate of the universe hung in the balance, and was very much in the hands of a disjointed group of people who had effectively splintered at the worst possible time.

Inanna was dead and there was no telling when Sarada would feel up to fighting again. At least until she was wished back.

Maiz sighed heavily and bent down to pick up the bust Sarada made the day before. "I believe she wanted to give this to you, Slak, as thanks for your efforts." She handed it to him. "It sounds like you'll have to return to the battlefield soon. At least one last time."
    Slak nods.

“It’s beautiful. Please, thank her for me and offer my condolences as well. As the battlefield….I shall not shirk this duty. I shall see you there, when the time comes Guardian Maiz.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Slak nods.

“It’s beautiful. Please, thank her for me and offer my condolences as well. As the battlefield….I shall not shirk this duty. I shall see you there, when the time comes Guardian Maiz.”
    Maiz nodded and offered him a half-smile. "I wish us both good luck. Oh, before you go, please give this to your father," she said while handing him an old-fashioned manila folder. It was her detailed report about Letchee's violation of the Guardian Network and his eventual defeat. "Tell him he has nothing to worry about now in this regard."

She stepped back and conjured a portal from Sarada to Namek.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Maiz nodded and offered him a half-smile. "I wish us both good luck. Oh, before you go, please give this to your father," she said while handing him an old-fashioned manila folder. It was her detailed report about Letchee's violation of the Guardian Network and his eventual defeat. "Tell him he has nothing to worry about now in this regard."

She stepped back and conjured a portal from Sarada to Namek.
    He nods, bows, and steps through.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Cruiserweight Division: Takeover (Month 2)

The clerk handed over the stiff paper folder containing the room's keycards. Like everything else in the lobby it was new. It fell in common over the faux-marble linoleum and rose from the carpets and made everything smell of artificial freshness.

"...alright, that does it for your registry. Fourteenth floor, second door to the right."

Zaofan marveled at the rush of people in the dark, busting in the business of shuffling cards and pulling slots. The desert sun outside fell heavy and bathed the frosted glass doors an opaque white. It sucked the life out the silt and made it into dust, and standing out in it would make the most dedicated highroller tilt. But in here, with the lights dimmed halfway, it was by design keep you in the zone, and as the rush of recirculated air shooting down from the high ceilings his sweaty, sunparched face like a punch, and in an instant the film of sweat became icy cold and his instincts sharpened with the refresh. Oh, the Fire of the Dragon School which had passed to him, that made it rather modest, really, but having minimized his ki as instructed, he had his mind on making sure there would be no rousing suspicion here. Even for an island boy like himself, the sunshine of the midday desert was something else. So was the company.

"...Mr. Thompson?"

She stood there with the baggage at the decorative white column - concrete wrapped around support poles in the image of fake marble. Her red hair was bundled under a straw sunhat that shaded her olive skin. Dressed in a chemise, jean shorts and sandals that , her arms were folded, eyes hidden behind the blind of dark aviator shades. He exchanged a look with the clerk who bowed his head courageously.

"Ah. The wife?"

Cover story. Gotta remember that.

"Yes. Just married, in fact!" Zaofan said, clearing his throat, simpering wide and laughing deeply as he peered behind him with a wide-lined smiled that hung beneath narrowed eyes. Her face flushed, and her dimpled chin quivered. He was unsure if she was bottling in laughter or an explosion of something else entirely. "Been a long time coming, too, you know? Waiting for nearly a year and we just couldn't lock down a date."

"Picked a heck of a time to come in."

"What can I say? My baby deserves the best, and I promised her the perfect nuptials, ahahaha," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, "And it's Fight Night tonight! Can't imagine a better time than Unlimited Class Grappler's League!"

The clerk nod and thumbed his chin. "If you hurry, you can put a bet down. Odd are on The Viper Lord, 4:1; Madame Odango, 3:1; and the smart money's on the Champ retaining, Dixon Gordon Blue, 105:1."

Zaofan smiled, but his eyes narrowed tightly as he shook his head.

"Oh you're good, but I think we'll just enjoy the spectacle."

"Well, y'all have a good time now here in New Anvil City! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!"

_____

The electronic lock buzzed as it turned and as the suite opened, Zaofan burst inside and threw himself face-down on one of the beds. Luxurious sheets fitted and folded so tight you could bounce a coin off of them! Flung belly down on one of the fullsize mattresses that smelled freshly of borax and steam-cleaning. Lately it had been day-in, day out with the fighting, and the training, and the training, and the fighting! If it wasn't with Master Balon's insistence on remastering the old forms, Ochazuke refining the sequences that fed into the Wolf, Spider, and Bear, it was bringing the new elements into that brought what the already knew to new levels. Oh the nuances and motions, those were hardly the problem, and the writings of a very esoteric, very dead order had come, time and again, with their very particular problems: Application.

To have a vision and to bring it into a reality, that was a journey that left its mark in the myriad welts and bruises from his calves and over his back. All thanks to his newest master, who, once she'd offloaded her duffel, began inspecting the walls and ducts before turning her attention to the bed as she tore off the sheets and flipped the mattress over, searching fervently for...something.

The closest thing they had to an Orthodox Master of the Ten and he had to share a room with her for the weekend. Now under Kenshiko's tutelage himself, over the last month he had a taste of just what his brother had been missing those long years ago. Turns out a Tiger's Claws can very well shear the Sheep....only just so. He still had only one Mistress, and he'd determined that when she came back, he'd be a more fortified man than ever.

"May Etrina forgive me, but for the necessity of these formalities," thought Zaofan, the Martial Chef fell haplessly at the mercy of the catered creature-comforts of the resort hotel. Room service! Fluffy towels! Air conditioning! Black card renewal! He flipped on the TV and began to channel surf. With a fresh new city comes fresh new programming on the networks.

"Tonight at the Anvil Dome, a clash of Titans like none seen before in history-"

A shadow with a long face crossed into view, and what he first thought was a hood was slowly revealed to be an raptor's beak. The ferocious facade concealed the warrior's face trailing down his broad back to the feathered cape held in silhouette.

"32 combatants have made it this far and now the final!"

Zaofan paused as he studied the fighter's techniques. The montage of headkicks and jointlocks, they spoke louder than the blaring noise, even the roar of the crowd. And yetwhen he spread the wings of his costume, jumped off the edge of the steel cage into a diving kick...No way, this had to be a performance, right? That was completely telegraphed!

There was martial arts as a discipline, a subtle craft honed over years at a time. Conditioning, spirituality, the philosophy of life, and unfortunately the ethics of death.

"They say, a man cannot fly! They say, champions are not made, they are born! I say, it's time for change, and at the top of the Roost is where I'm headed!"

This, however, it was something the like he hadn't seen since...exactly five years ago. My, how time flies.

"But I don't want you running off of excuses! I want you at your best! When I take you down the Anvil Dome will recognize only one champ is the World's Strongest!"

"If his kouhai was so important, you'd think he'd come along."

Her voice was flat and cut like a knife. Conversation had been sparse since they left the airport. When they flew here, it was in their usual, unusual manner they had to keep on the downlow, but entry to the city needed paperwork to honour the reservation, and when they rented a vehicle, he was dismayed at how he hadn't moved this slow in years! But normal people weren't quite ready for the world they dabbled in.

At least with the convertible canvas rolled up, the air was as frosty...so was the talk. Like always, she was business as usual, and with it the pangs of bitterness from bloody business neither she nor his absent brother seemed to want to talk about with the other.

"Well, he did write the letter," Zaofan said, "If it's official Crane School business, he'll get to the bottom of it, but as I understand it, this is something...traditional? Master to Master, what's the harm in a gesture of good faith, and who better than you?"

"So like him to hold up the old ways. Birds and Tigers don't mix."

"Well I know that's not true..."

"Come again?" She snarled, before the sound of impact filled the room. Waistlock, position shift, El Pollo Loco picked up the Iron Toad from behind and rammed his head through the ring canvas. "....that's Bedlam's technique, isn't it?"

"Master Brutus's signature," Zaofan said, beaming with pride, "Guy was a legend, got to the grand finals of the old World Tournament long ago, he was the one who popped Battersea's right arm out of its socket!"

The Champ, such as he was, got him DQ'd on some trumped up charges, something about the legality of it.

"All this time...who knew that two of Zxu'ro's Hidden Hand were right under our noses?" Kenshiko's aggression fell, her words more whistful for a moment. "What could've been different had we known?"

"Who knew the last Ajarn of the Tiger School was training the Red Raiders?" he replied, tilting his head towards her with his verbal riposte. "I know he'd be here if he could. Well, suppose we can thank the former president for that, but with him out of the picture, we now have our work cut out for us."

"He went into space with the Xenos, chasing over something Gero left untended to...which leaves this task to us," came the gruff reply, "Apparently his former protege attends the events."

"Right, Aiko Fukuhara, Master of the Crane School! ...what is she like the mayor as well or something?"

"Bigger. She's bankrolling everything. After Fife glassed the city, she somehow bought the land under Alakazah's nose."

"Huh. Wonder how she managed that one?" I suppose someone thought it was worthless and figured they'd cast it off? "If this works, it'd be unprecedented. Why, to gather all the remaining Four Heads of the Five Schools together? For the sake of Zxu'ro's legacy, I'll do anything!"

"If she's better than her predecessor, I suppose we'll find out tonight. And if not..." Kenshiko dashed a fist against her palm and Zaofan shuddered.

Even as the years go by...guess it's difficult to let a grudge fall from mind-

"After vanquishing Ninpou Ginga Gear, tonight it is time! El Pollo Loco takes on Dixon Gordon Blue, only on The Unlimited Class Grappler's League!"

"...outrageous," Zaofan said through clenched teeth. "That guy looks nothing like me, oooh!"

He nods, bows, and steps through.
    Maiz watched him leave silently, then dissipated the portal when he was through and safely back home. Alone on what was to serve as her new home in the very near future, she let out a ragged sigh and dropped to the ground. Stay strong, Sarada. They'll need you. She didn't know exactly how her daughter was feeling at the moment, but she knew the feeling. When her husband died years ago, she mourned in private just like Sarada was. While their relationship wasn't based entirely on love the way Sarada's and Inanna's was, she did care for him a great deal. Even if the fool got himself killed because he was being an arrogant prick during a conquest - one he had to take up on his own because that was around the time she turned her life around - losing him still hurt.

It hurt especially so because he was at least supportive of her dream of reforming their race, even if he didn't understand the need for it. That was the kind of love and support that spouses gave to one another, even if they didn't see eye to eye on any given issue.

The sound of someone landing softly nearby attracted her attention. It was Avoca; the woman carried a confused frown. With Houlong's disappearance, the darkened skies returned to their normal bright blue hue. Without doubt, they saw the flash of light just like she and Sarada did, as well as the dragonballs scattering to the far corners of the planet. "We have dragonballs," was all she said in answer to the unasked question.

"Ah." She slowly walked toward her. Seeing the young woman in high heels and a pencil skirt was jarring, to say the least. At least she was committing fully to the role of working girl. "So, the people on Ruco and Sadala."

"Not sure, actually. They were wished back, yes, but I'm not sure if Parsley will have to pick them up from Otherworld." It was then that she received a ping from Pinach. If he was calling her, then that could have only meant one thing. "I... I'll see you later." She hastily opened a portal to Ruco and all but sprinted through it as Avoca was bidding her an even more bemused farewell.

Maiz, when she stepped through, was greeted with pandemonium. People she knew to have died during the initial skirmish were hugging their loved ones. If they were alive, then -

"Oof!" she grunted as something, or someone, wrapped around her tightly. She looked down and saw a long black ponytail and just knew it was her. "You're here!" she said joyously as she hugged Rutaba for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

"I missed you so much, Maiz," she replied, voice slightly muffled from the way Maiz had her face pressed into her bosom.

She smiled tearfully and ruffled her hair slightly. Then, she caught sight of Mato approached him and yanked him into the hug. "My boy. I'm so proud of both of you. If it wasn't for you, Sarada would have died and we all wouldn't be here."

"You mean she won? It's finally over?"

"Yes." At least as far as Tundra went. There were still scores of enemies of a grander scale than that despot could hope of achieving left to deal with, but she kept that to herself for right then. There was no need to ruin the moment with tales of the morose future ahead of them.

"Where's Sarada?" Rutaba asked. "I need her to tell me how she kicked the guy's butt!"

It was then when Maiz hesitated, her smile faltering noticeably.

Mato frowned. "Is she okay? She made it back, right?"

"Y-yes. She was with me a short while ago while we were making our wishes." She didn't want to tell them Inanna was dead because that would have ruined the mood. She had always had a friendly relationship with Sarada's family. As for everyone else, she was the Queen Consort and had been with them for years. There was a certain amount of respect to be held for someone who could attract the Queen so completely, even if they couldn't sense her power. They knew she was strong, and that was enough for many to stow the dislike and accept her.

"She'll be back at some point." That was all Maiz said.

Mato's frown deepened, but he thankfully didn't press. Rutaba was distracted by Pinach approaching them.

"Rutaba told me she got to train with Vocado!" he said.

"Wait, what?"

"That's right! The galaxy's greatest heroine, Rutaba, was trained by the great Vocado himself. And now I've become Super Rutaba!" She clenched her fist and instantly transformed into a Super Saiyan. "Tada! Super Rutaba!"

None of the people who were nearby, numbering well into the hundreds, could believe their eyes.

"No way!" Pinach exclaimed. He also transformed instantly. "Now that we're both Super Saiyans..."

"...criminals won't stand a chance against..."

Suddenly, music started playing out of nowhere.

"The Magnificent Pinach!"

"And the Phenomenal Rutaba!"

"THE HEROES OF JUSTICE!!"

Maiz watched her children fly around and pose unrepentantly. Pinach had been in a funk ever since Rutaba had been killed. Not surprising; they were about as close as close could be. he had been more reserved and kept to himself, even when they were at "home". Watching him with his cousin by his side and compared to how he was just the day before, it was night and day. And she couldn't have been happier.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It eventually appears to here tools to be a cleverly designed door that emulates a wall. There appears to be a pattern that requires tapping that will engage the door to open.
    ( Ah, so it's a door) Praxat thought. Praxat then taps on the door.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.