Page 365 of 371 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    To his remarkable gaze, the planet wasÂ…mostly healed. The runes pounded into it by Banespell had done, and still were, an excellent job mitigating any damage and healing what has been done to it. In another year or so, the planet would be like nothing had happened at all.
    Over the horizon on the other side of the world, where the ashen roots knotted themselves in the forest the Ulthan had once gathered at behest of the Lord Forger, a thin fissure remained where Inanna and Ishtar had clashed, a scar miles long entrenched into the planet's tectonic plates, and by Hakai and Ruin and ill intentions, there it would remain, forever rendered in the planet's own memory, suspended there in its life force.

And yet here Darkle remained, turned beneath its shadowed skies as it ever did.

The power of Creation, Ochazuke mused, holding fast the grip on the hammer as he witnessed its master stroke. No, it alone was not enough to enact this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    He nods slowly.

“You came at an auspicious day. Today is my rest day, the rest of my time is spent doing penance. It is also a sacred day to my people: tonight a Green moon rises, an event that occurs only once every 600 years. It is an omen, or so some believe.”

“Now than, Beast God’s wife: she was slain some time before the incident that the GP accused him of doing. It was believed that in his grief he caused all that destruction. In truth, he was framed and joined me in exchange for finding out who was responsible. It was the Cabal of Thorn and Stone, but he cannot gain access to them. Nor could I so we had resolved to use Lady Binder later, once Inanna had been….dealt with. However, if he intends on answering Sakin’s call, he must believe he can fulfill what I could not. I would imagine if Last Daughter also joins, she believes it as well. Though she sought her mother’s last incarnation, not so much revenge against her killers.”

“Ishtar……….is dangerous. Unbalanced. In her timeline, she went full crazy when her first love was killed. After that, she fully embraced her power and superiority. The fact that Inanna defeated her drove her even further off the deepens, because in her mind her actions were the only way she could process and survive, controlled by no one. Beyond that, I would imagine she has joined Sakin because he’s the only one who will help her gain her hearts desire: killing Zurvan and absorbing his power.”
    For a while, he allowed Parsley to lead the conversation, loaning another witness along with Zaofan to get the measure of their enemy. They clashed and forced a route, and that was it; what was it that drove them to this?

And what desperation led them to ally with this Ishtar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The green moon tidbit made her a fair bit nervous. While she was certain they would be gone by the time the moon rose, she couldn't help but be wary of whether said moon was a full moon or not. The last thing she needed was a spontaneous transformation, one she hadn't had since she was a child. Saiyans went to great lengths to avoid gazing at full moons, even equipping their worlds with blutz wave blocking barriers during full moon periods. Darkle obviously would have no need for such a provision. "Apologies for disrupting. We'll wrap this up quickly, then."

His answer came forthwith, and as she suspected, he had a wealth more insight than the Judge. Beast God's wife - who was Last Daughter's mother, it seemed - was slain by the Cabal of Thorn and Stone, a faction Auroc noted in his journal was located within the Way Between Worlds. He was framed by someone for mass destruction which earned him a spot on the GP's most wanted list. He intended on joining Sakin in hopes of gaining access to the Way Between Worlds and wife's murderers. It just so happened that they were currently working on unlocking the doorway to the Way. The way forward was becoming ever clearer.

"It just so happens we have learned the location of the Cabal and we have a means of accessing them." Getting to them was a different story, but that was Beast God's problem, not theirs.

As for his daughter, she intended on finding her mother's incarnation. She assumed that meant something related to reincarnation. Interesting. "What was her mother's name?"

Finally, Ishtar. As boring as she was, her intentions were dangerous. Killing Zurvan, she assumed, would have untold consequences. It didn't take much reasoning to determine why she wanted to kill her former father figure - or rather, an incarnation of him. Parsley could only assume she suffered the same degree of psychological abuse as Inanna, what with her suffering through the death of Sekhmet. Her being a fully-fledge GoD would make her monstrous to be, her Ruination even more so. Though, it was curious that she, as far as Parsley knew, had never used her Hakai. "What can you tell us about the nature of Ishtar's abilities? Namely, her Ruination in relation to her Hakai."
    "Moreover, how was it that you pulled her from her universe into this one?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He raises an eyebrow.

“Prant. Her name was Prant, though I was lead to believe that was her original name, during her first incarnation. Beyond that the only name I ever heard was Mosu.”

“As to Ruination, it’s a subset of Destruction. A more…tainted version. It rots, decays, and more than just the physical at powerful enough levels. Ishtar uses it for supplement her Hakai, as even though she unlocked hers earlier than Inanna did, she did so improperly and thus never gained full access to it. Ruination is also addictive, and if not careful can subsume ones whole body. Ishtar is currently going through that herself.”
    "Interesting."

Ishtar's tainted Destruction was killing her; or at least that was what it sounded like. At the very least, it was a serious threat to. That could be played to their advantage, and she knew just the person to open it up for them. Once again, Avoca's unique techniques were going to play a pivotal role in the upcoming battles.

If only she could convince her to actually take part.

"That addiction may be something we can take advantage of," she said to the others. If they could nullify her Hakai, she wondered how complete dependence on Ruination would effect that her plight. Would it subsume her faster until it completely ate away at her being? Only one way to find out and she was interested in learning.

Finally, the most important question needed to be addressed. "Ishtar, we can deal with later. As for Beast God and Last Daughter, we believe we can turn them if not to our side, then away from Sakin. We have the means of entering the Way Between Worlds, or will very soon. We just need access to them. We also know from the Judge that they are currently in a magic pocket dimension of Binder's making. We were hoping you knew how to access this realm."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Over the horizon on the other side of the world, where the ashen roots knotted themselves in the forest the Ulthan had once gathered at behest of the Lord Forger, a thin fissure remained where Inanna and Ishtar had clashed, a scar miles long entrenched into the planet's tectonic plates, and by Hakai and Ruin and ill intentions, there it would remain, forever rendered in the planet's own memory, suspended there in its life force.

And yet here Darkle remained, turned beneath its shadowed skies as it ever did.

The power of Creation, Ochazuke mused, holding fast the grip on the hammer as he witnessed its master stroke. No, it alone was not enough to enact this.

For a while, he allowed Parsley to lead the conversation, loaning another witness along with Zaofan to get the measure of their enemy. They clashed and forced a route, and that was it; what was it that drove them to this?

And what desperation led them to ally with this Ishtar?

"Moreover, how was it that you pulled her from her universe into this one?"
    “Timeline, technically. Ishtar is from another timeline, small difference but necessary to know if one intends to pull someone from there. Of course, unlike with the Judge or some of the others, I had no hand in her being here. The Gallows Lord was the one that pulled her, mostly defeated, form into our time. He said we’d need her for later on, and when we discovered her abilities, we agreed.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Interesting."

Ishtar's tainted Destruction was killing her; or at least that was what it sounded like. At the very least, it was a serious threat to. That could be played to their advantage, and she knew just the person to open it up for them. Once again, Avoca's unique techniques were going to play a pivotal role in the upcoming battles.

"That addiction may be something we can take advantage of," she said to the others. If they could nullify her Hakai, she wondered how complete dependence on Ruination would effect that her plight. Would it subsume her faster until it completely ate away at her being? Only one way to find out and she was interested in learning.

Finally, the most important question needed to be addressed. "Ishtar, we can deal with later. As for Beast God and Last Daughter, we believe we can turn them if not to our side, then away from Sakin. We have the means of entering the Way Between Worlds, or will very soon. We just need access to them. We also know from the Judge that they are currently in a magic pocket dimension of Binder's making. We were hoping you knew how to access this realm."
    He nods slowly.

“I…do. However, I cannot help.”

He gestures to his handless arms.

“The spell work to go there is complicated, as one would expect form a Fae. I was given the knowledge how to access it in emergencies, but Lady Binder was our primary means of access. Without hands, I am unable to physically do the spell work.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Timeline, technically. Ishtar is from another timeline, small difference but necessary to know if one intends to pull someone from there. Of course, unlike with the Judge or some of the others, I had no hand in her being here. The Gallows Lord was the one that pulled her, mostly defeated, form into our time. He said we’d need her for later on, and when we discovered her abilities, we agreed.”
    The corners of Ochazuke's mouth lowered as he rephrased his question. "Regardless, the Gallows Lord, the Judge, the Binder, they came here from other Universes. Who brought them here?"

With what they knew now about the Ruined Ishtar and that this was another one of their...'necessary calculations', a clearer picture was beginning to form of their motivations, but last time had been abrupt and he wanted to hear it from the man itself.

"Necessary for later on...to bind Inanna with that wish?" From what he had heard from Parsley and Totoma, the Gallows Lord's thoughts were entirely mad to the point where his agenda was to get into the Afterlife to make an attempt on Sihn's life.

"I suppose after all this time, there's one thing that eludes my understanding, Forger. What were you planning to do after you loosed this plot and placed the fate of our Universe in the hands of vengeful others?"

"Interesting."

"Striking the Ruin from her can be done. Of course, what the embers of Hakai use for kindling, most of it was already burned away before we met her" Ochazuke said, then cast a look back to Zaofan, "Eh, Sheriff?"

Zaofan cheekily narrowed his eyes, and point his index fingers in miming the Optic Blast. "The way she cuts through and absorbs the attacks though, you'd have to beat her to the draw before she can execute."

The corners of Ochazuke's mouth lowered as he rephrased his question. "Regardless, the Gallows Lord, the Judge, the Binder, they came here from other Universes. Who brought them here?"

With what they knew now about the Ruined Ishtar and that this was another one of their...'necessary calculations', a clearer picture was beginning to form of their motivations, but last time had been abrupt and he wanted to hear it from the man itself.

"Necessary for later on...to bind Inanna with that wish?" From what he had heard from Parsley and Totoma, the Gallows Lord's thoughts were entirely mad to the point where his agenda was to get into the Afterlife to make an attempt on Sihn's life.

"I suppose after all this time, there's one thing that eludes my understanding, Forger. What were you planning to do after you loosed this plot and placed the fate of our Universe in the hands of vengeful others?"

"Striking the Ruin from her can be done. Of course, what the embers of Hakai use for kindling, most of it was already burned away before we met her" Ochazuke said, then cast a look back to Zaofan, "Eh, Sheriff?"

Zaofan cheekily narrowed his eyes, and point his index fingers in miming the Optic Blast. "The way she cuts through and absorbs the attacks though, you'd have to beat her to the draw before she can execute."
    “It took me ten years to gain the proper magical incantations to access another universe. I went to Lady Binder after visiting her mother, Pacted with her and she aided me in recruiting many of the others, including the Judge here. Lady Binder was key to accessing other universes. The Wolf God himself gained the ability to travel as he hunted Sihn, something to do with his God Ki making traversing universes easier. It’s no great mystery how they all got here, Goodman Ochazuke.”

He shrugs.

“As to how to deal with them once my plans had been met? Simple, the Judge would be sent home, the Beast God and his Daughter given access to the Cabal by Lasy Binder, and the Wolf God was to kill Ishtar if Inanna didn’t. After that, the Wolf God was to kill Sihn and go back to his universe as part of the Pact he made with Lady Binder.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Queen in Black 3, Part I (Month 9)

A small part of Sarada wished she had inputted the correct coordinates and arrived on Planet Sarada like she intended. Yet, she subconsciously knew she wasn’t ready to see anyone. Her mind wasn’t right. She had barely had any time to process anything, never mind to the point that she was able to treat people fairly.

Blaming Ochazuke and Parsley for Inanna’s abrupt departure from the group wasn’t fair. As easy as it would have been to simply dump the blame onto them and call it a day, that would have been ignoring the greater issue that was lying underneath the surface. There was a serious lack of trust in the group, at least when it came to a few members. People going on secret intelligence missions and then hoarding that intel from everyone... What was the point? Why?

Sarada tried her best to be open and honest with everyone. That may have rubbed people the wrong way, but they could never call her a liar or accuse her of hiding pertinent knowledge from them. If someone needed to know something, they were going to hear it, whether they wanted to or not. What she didn’t understand was why some couldn’t treat everyone that way.

Sarada frowned and sat down at the base of a large tree. The planet she appeared on was much closer to one of the Saiyan worlds, in that it had breathable air, fresh water nearby, and plenty of food for her to eat. Whatever barren wasteland she crash-landed on before paled in comparison. There, she could sustain herself easily for however long she needed to be away. There, she could think and actually sort some shit out before returning to the others. What she wasn’t going to do was treat them like shit and blame them for shit they weren’t responsible for, even if that was the easiest thing to do.

First, she focused on getting herself acclimated to her new surroundings. The planet was beautiful and appeared to be uninhabited by intelligent life. There were only animals as far as she could tell; which was good, because she didn’t want to deal with people.

She built herself a small shelter out of wood from a tree she cut down, mud, and straw she found nearby. Then, she shed her armor and tights and stored them away so they couldn’t get even more messed up than they already were. Besides, she wouldn’t be needing clothes on that world. Being naked and one with nature just felt... natural. Like she was harking back to the Saiyans on Sadala, even though they wore clothes... oh well. She sometimes preferred being naked anyway.

After she was setup and in a relatively comfortable place, she focused on finding a source of water and food. Hunting and fishing, they were ways she could clear her mind and return to her baser instincts. It was just her and nature in a battle of wills to determine who would break who first. Little did nature know, though, her will had been cast in iron and forged in the fires of endless strife and tribulation. She didn’t break easy. In the days that passed, she fell into a nice routine. By the sun, she was able to determine when to hunt. Initially, a few hapless “rival” predators tried to steal her food, but they only succeeded in providing her more food and pelts.

I’ll have to think about it eventually, she realized.

It was hard to do. All she wanted was to ignore it and settle into her new life; that, she knew, wasn’t possible. It was the entire reason she even had a new life to begin with. If she was going to ignore it, she might as well have cleaned herself up and gone home.

No.

Thus, on Day 10 of her stay on that mysterious, unnamed world, she began to delve into the uncomfortable and painful argument that proved to be Inanna’s last. It started with a discussion about prior knowledge of the Ulthan that, in hindsight, was irrelevant. The important bit began when Parsley moved to inform the others of what they had learned. At that point, Sarada was absent, so all she had to go on was Parsley’s recounting. She was an honest woman - at that point - so she felt she could trust what she told her.

"We need to tell the others everything we've found out in the last two days," she told her. "And you need to tell us what else you've found out during your recent travels. We're supposed to be allies, at the very least, right? Why are we keeping intelligence from our allies?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna tilted her head.

"Tell them everything?" "No."
    "No? What the hell do you mean no? Have you learned nothing? We know of entities who are far, far worse than Banespell and these Ulthan idiots could ever hope of being, and you still want to keep that from the others?'...

..."After Forger and his Cabal caught us off-guard, we can't afford to let that happen again. I don't know why you insist on keep your cards close to the chest," or vest, or whatever the human phrase was, "but the time for keeping our friends in the dark is over."
    "It's a simple calculus." Inanna replied, calmly.

"We're already fucked." Harsh, but true, "and we, that's you and I, know less about what's out to kill us now, than we did Banespell." ... "So, I saw, and still see, no advantage in telling everyone that now, and not say, after Sarada has stopped Tundra? Or do you feel it's a now or never situation."
    "I see no reason or advantage to wait, either, but fine. Have it your way. Whatever you've found out, keep it to yourself until Sarada gets back"
    "I'm not trying to stop you, or even saying I don't intend to tell them what's relevant. You asked me if I was going to tell everyone, everything and the answer is no." She explained.

"Not even you know all of it."
    Inanna readily admitted she was hiding things from others - with zero shame, even - and claimed there was no advantage to divulging those secrets right away. She even used Sarada’s battle with Tundra as an excuse, as if a single battle due to take place a few days later - at the time - would excuse her wife from actively keeping secrets from her. Even discounting the Palatines and whatever had her spooked, there was apparently even more that even Parsley didn't know about that was being kept from Sarada and the others.

One thing about Parsley was that she could be very reckless with her words when she was compromised, preferring to go for "gotchas" and barbs, rather than actual truths. As tired as she was, she got careless and made herself into a hypocrite.

She mulled those words shared between culprits over and over again over the next several days. Certain phrases rolled around in her head more than others. ‘A simple calculus’ in particular. The thing was, it was simple, but not in the way Inanna thought. There were enemies on the horizon. They had been caught unaware mere moments before. Knowing there were enemies still gunning for them, and knowing at least the names of those enemies would have been a very big boon. They could have run investigations on those fucks months ago. They could have gotten answers, leads, clues into what they wanted and how powerful they were, and prepared accordingly with all that in mind. Even if those that found that information were still trying to sift through it themselves, they could have put their minds together and figured it out together. That was what they should have done. Nothing justified keeping everyone in the dark, even for a short while. It wasn't fair. Darkle and the Ulthan proved how stupid that logic was. Arrogance prevent her from learning. Arrogance, or something else.

They had no right. And using her battle with Tundra as an excuse? As if her battle had anything to do with Ochazuke. Or Zaofan. Or Etrina. Or even Parsley and Totoma - who she thought had come back to life by that point. Tundra was her battle, no one else’s. Even if the latter two joined her, she was going to tell them to handle his army, protect the Sadalans, and nothing more.

Why would Inanna think that made any sense? Was there some miscommunication? Confusion? Sarada thought she had impressed on her enough how important the battle was.

“I impressed too much,” she realized. The intention during their training was for both her and Parsley would face off against Tundra, which was why they were both in Vaikuntha together. At some point - likely when the call to travel to Reshlan went out - plans changed. The sisters went their separate ways, with Sarada waiting for Sellerie on Earth. If Darkle never happened, she would have faced Tundra alone.

Maybe Inanna didn’t get the memo, or thought that the importance of that battle to Sarada trumped the necessity of the others being informed as soon as possible. But, it didn’t. Even then, Sarada would have said that it didn’t. Because it didn't. It was her fight, not theirs. In no way did her trial mean they should have also been kept in the dark.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Queen in Black 3, Part II (Month 9)

Despite all that, Parsley wasn’t innocent. She couldn’t help but wonder if she would have been so forthcoming with that intel if Darkle never happened. If the battle with Auroc on Reshlan concluded with them returning to Earth and everything going according to plan, when would they have learned about everything? The next day? Next week? Next month? Eventually? When they deemed it absolutely necessary for them to know? By then, it would have been too late.

She remembered what she said to Zaofan when they spoke in the Lookout’s kitchen and her thoughts therein. Back then, she thought that information was on a need to know basis, relating on her own experience when dealing with her people. That was wrong, at least as far as those gods and cosmic plots went. Any bit was better than nothing. Going in with incomplete answers to numerous questions was better than being blindsided again and again.

It was arrogance to feel otherwise.

Parsley admitted her own hypocrisy - though not without a fair amount of prodding - so there was that, at least. Whether Inanna would admit she was wrong remained to be seen. She... honestly doubted it, but she was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

By the time Sarada came to that conclusion about the part of the Darkle argument she missed, another month had passed. She didn’t want to rush to judgment. If she was going to let go of all the resentment, she needed to make sure that she herself was absolutely certain. She may have been wrong - and probably was - but at least she could face her sister with a clear mind and fair heart.

The next part was going to be harder.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“It took me ten years to gain the proper magical incantations to access another universe. I went to Lady Binder after visiting her mother, Pacted with her and she aided me in recruiting many of the others, including the Judge here. Lady Binder was key to accessing other universes. The Wolf God himself gained the ability to travel as he hunted Sihn, something to do with his God Ki making traversing universes easier. It’s no great mystery how they all got here, Goodman Ochazuke.”

He shrugs.

“As to how to deal with them once my plans had been met? Simple, the Judge would be sent home, the Beast God and his Daughter given access to the Cabal by Lasy Binder, and the Wolf God was to kill Ishtar if Inanna didn’t. After that, the Wolf God was to kill Sihn and go back to his universe as part of the Pact he made with Lady Binder.”
    "God Ki," he chuckled, "As if the matters of gods were not untenable enough across one universe. I have seen firsthand what happens when such duties are neglected and they deal instead in death and judgement."

The field of Cairnstones Wilhelm had led them to marked Terra as a grave, and the man adrift but for his long life and unyielding sense of purpose. The death of that world was seared into his mind since that day, and it seemed that the rot had only spread.

"Only the Beast God and his Daughter, then, are from this Universe, bonded by word to empty promises," he said, looking to the Judge for a moment, "How ironic, your fell your sentence upon the wrong place."

With all that was revealed, perhaps there was indeed no great mystery, save one.

"You know of the Way Between Worlds, experienced firsthand the promise and potential it had. Perhaps it was fear that moved your hand so swiftly as much as it was utter faithlessness. Be that as it may, your reputation, Banespell, was that of a Palantine," he said, "The runecraft like those etched upon this hammer was cast into the heart of Vermillion and was what chained Alakazah to the Earth thousands of years ago, where you once stood side by side with King Vocado and Master Zxu'ro."

Placing the craftsman's tool before him, never to be lifted by his hand again, he continued.

"I want to know everything about what happened that day. About Eldfen, the Palantine, the Masters. Because of your machinations, the Dragon has found his way to Sakin's side. All other transgressions and grudges throughout the ages pale before this, Banespell. Tell us how we can stop them before they destroy this and all universes, for this is the only battle that truly matters."
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-05-2021 at 10:26 PM.

"God Ki," he chuckled, "As if the matters of gods were not untenable enough across one universe. I have seen firsthand what happens when such duties are neglected and they deal instead in death and judgement."

The field of Cairnstones Wilhelm had led them to marked Terra as a grave, and the man adrift but for his long life and unyielding sense of purpose. The death of that world was seared into his mind since that day, and it seemed that the rot had only spread.

"Only the Beast God and his Daughter, then, are from this Universe, bonded by word to empty promises," he said, looking to the Judge for a moment, "How ironic, your fell your sentence upon the wrong place."

With all that was revealed, perhaps there was indeed no great mystery, save one.

"You know of the Way Between Worlds, experienced firsthand the promise and potential it had. Perhaps it was fear that moved your hand so swiftly as much as it was utter faithlessness. Be that as it may, your reputation, Banespell, was that of a Palantine," he said, "The runecraft like those etched upon this hammer was cast into the heart of Vermillion and was what chained Alakazah to the Earth thousands of years ago, where you once stood side by side with King Vocado and Master Zxu'ro."

Placing the craftsman's tool before him, never to be lifted by his hand again, he continued.

"I want to know everything about what happened that day. About Eldfen, the Palantine, the Masters. Because of your machinations, the Dragon has found his way to Sakin's side. All other transgressions and grudges throughout the ages pale before this, Banespell. Tell us how we can stop them before they destroy this and all universes, for this is the only battle that truly matters."
    The Judge nods slowly, watching Banespell as the Darkling looks at his hammer, eyes flickering over its surface, gaze far away in the distant past.

“I cannot say what happened. To put into words……it would not be enough. I can show you, instead.”

He closes his eyes, breathes deep, and faintly the runes on the hammer glow. Not brightly, no longer in connection to Banespell, but still sympathetic to his energy.

“Place your hand upon my head, and I shall show you what happened.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Judge nods slowly, watching Banespell as the Darkling looks at his hammer, eyes flickering over its surface, gaze far away in the distant past.

“I cannot say what happened. To put into words……it would not be enough. I can show you, instead.”

He closes his eyes, breathes deep, and faintly the runes on the hammer glow. Not brightly, no longer in connection to Banespell, but still sympathetic to his energy.

Even in his condition, it seemed the Lord Forger still had a bond with his artisan's tool, yet as he made his offer, Ochazuke was cautious.

If it were a subtle trick of the mind, he would be mad to pull something at this late stage.

Zaofan took this as a cue to move over to them as well. "Zxu'ro did leave quite an impression, but that's only one part of the picture," he remarked, "Even after all this time, chasing to grasp his shadow, as far as this goes we only know he was one of seven."

Between the warriors gathered here and Banespell, if there were anything they held in common, is that they fought to preserve life in this universe. Ochazuke placed one hand on the hammer and one on the Forger's head as instructed, and Zaofan followed suit, leaving just enough room for Parsley to get in as well.

"Show us."

Even in his condition, it seemed the Lord Forger still had a bond with his artisan's tool, yet as he made his offer, Ochazuke was cautious.

If it were a subtle trick of the mind, he would be mad to pull something at this late stage.

Zaofan took this as a cue to move over to them as well. "Zxu'ro did leave quite an impression, but that's only one part of the picture," he remarked, "Even after all this time, chasing to grasp his shadow, as far as this goes we only know he was one of seven."

Between the warriors gathered here and Banespell, if there were anything they held in common, is that they fought to preserve life in this universe. Ochazuke placed one hand on the hammer and one on the Forger's head as instructed, and Zaofan followed suit, leaving just enough room for Parsley to get in as well.

"Show us."
    Parsley moved quietly and placed her hand on Banespell's head. The journals that they knew to be of Vocado's battle with Alakazah alongside the other seven hadn't been translated. Even if they had, reading the account a single person's perspective wouldn't have done it any justice, even if the writer wasn't one to exaggerate.

Let's see how the Elder Dragon was bound, but not slain.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The Judge also lays a hand on Banespell.

In an instant, like watching a movie from the first person perspective, they all see what Caladash Banespell saw.

All those watching have been in fights. Have been in battles and even prolonged confrontations, such as the assault on Reshlan. Only the Judge has seen what Banespell is seeing though.

War.

Great, old ships of the First Race lay burning on the ground and fall burning from the sky amidst great golden Ankh shaped ships you are unfamiliar with, the two pitted against a fearsome looking fleet of dozens of different races, manned as the memory says by Alakazah’s thralls. Dozens of different worlds he had conquered, their resources now thrown against the Palantine’s and their allies. All around on the ground, amidst this ancient city, ground forces fight with sword and magic and weapons Banespell (you) don’t know the name of.

Banespell (you all) are running on the ground amidst a ruined ancient city, the sky a swirling vortex of grey as sick green hail pelts down upon the ground, eating away whatever it touches like acid. A beautiful Kitani, Kyuubi the memory says, runs alongside you as another woman, older and matronly and vaguely catish wields her Heka flow energy and wards off as much of the acid rain as possible.

Cleos, your memory says. A Guardian and Queen of Amonra. She stands tall and proud, the heart of the group. You feel your (Banespell’s) heart clench a bit as you know that she’s dying, a fierce warrior Queen and Guardian who has given her all to get them here, who now died by inches the more her Heka flow was used to save others.

Flying just ahead is Vocado, hair glowing golden in Ascended Saiyan as he punches a creature the size of a small mountain, engaging a protector of Alakazah’s the memory says.

Distantly, in the raining sky, three forms dart and dance around a massive dragon form that puts even Tiamat and Jormandur to shame. And past that thousands of ground and air forces do battle against the Paletine’s allies (old First Race ships and legions of Cleos and Banespells’s kin manning them against Alakazah’s forces).

A bone weary tiredness eats at you (Banespell) as you heft your hammer and ready your power. For over a year you have fought day and night, driving Alakazah’s forces back and back and back, until you we free able to lay siege to Earth. Vocado and Kyuubi launch into the sky and attack more of the mountain sized foes (there are dozens now), leaving you and Cleos to sneak into a strange but familiar looking temple.

Going deep, you run across Alakazah’s greatest secret: his Dragonballs, protected by those creatures outside, they would be almost impossible to gain access to.

Cleos staggers and you (Banespell) catch her. She smiles and lays a hand on your arm, Heka flowing into you and down into the Hammer, Creational energy sparking.

“Do it, while Durga, Haden, and Zxu’ro keep him busy. Now is our only chance.”

You nod and continue on, your hammer glowing with creation as you start striking the ground around the balls. Ancient and intricate runes are stamped into being (each meticulously crafted to perfection, meant to sever and hide and transport the balls to another place each) one after the other, as creation from Cleos works it’s way into each strike. After about five minutes of pounding hundreds of runes, the dragonballs all float up, than one by one vanish. You (Banespell) feel the connection between Alakazah and them vanish, shielded so he could no longer draw upon them, and you feel the world actually shake as the ancient dragon roars in anger.

———————

The memory fades as back in real time, Banespell nods tiredly.

“That was the second to last confrontation. That was when we conned our way into his inner sanctum and stole the dragonballs, severing his ability to draw upon or find them. We had one more confrontation after that, if you wish to see that as well.”

He closes his mind and prepares to call forth that memory too.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The memory fades as back in real time, Banespell nods tiredly.

“That was the second to last confrontation. That was when we conned our way into his inner sanctum and stole the dragonballs, severing his ability to draw upon or find them. We had one more confrontation after that, if you wish to see that as well.”

He closes his mind and prepares to call forth that memory too.
    It was uncanny. When the four of them placed their hands on Banespell's head, they were instantly shunted thousands of years into the past. They saw what he would call the penultimate battle against Alakazah.

The army of First Race ship laid on the ground, shot out of the sky and set ablaze by the supernatural army enthralled by the Elder Dragon. They were from worlds he conquered and twisted to his own desires. "It's the same story as always," Parsley muttered. "Only larger in scale." A tyrant, a conqueror of worlds who stepped on those smaller and weaker than he was. Why?

Why not?

Why would anyone do anything? Because they could.

One by one, the Palantines were given faces. She had to admit, her heart skipped a beat when the legendary Super Saiyan Vocado came into view. Seeing him live - well, livish - and in living color as opposed to in a portrait was... astonishing. She could practically feel his huge, throbbing power thrumming against her senses.

Beyond that, Parsley paid close attention to what was happening. Cleos in particular seemed to be vital in the mission. Her Heka Flow, as it was called, seemed to be some kind of magic that she used to save the others. With each use, it seemed the embers of her life grew dimmer and dimmer. Further ahead three figures later identified as Haden, Durga, and the Martial Master Zxu'ro. They were somehow fighting the Dragon directly, keeping him distracted and giving Banespell time to use his hammer to sever Alakazah's ties to his dragonballs. Not only that, but he also transported them to other locations.

With that, the memory ended.

That was how they themselves came into possession of the Dragonballs.

However, it didn't answer how the Eldfen got to be bound to Earth. That, she assumed, would be answered with the next memory, so Parsley nodded. "Yes. Show us, please."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-07-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

“Don’t worry, husband. I have every faith you’ll succeed. Our….date night can happen after.”

The two step through the cave entrance and Held feels a pulling sensation. Once it fades, he blinks and finds himself standing at the temple Samson Balon helped create back on Earth. And not twenty feet away we’re Zaofan and Ochazuke.

Timeline wise, 11 months and 28 days have passed.

Hilda looks around, nods, then smiles at Held.

“A one way portal. A gift I…liberated from another person. They won’t miss it.”
    "Liberated, eh?" Held asked with a smirk, "One of my favorite types of acquisition."

Month 12

The turn of the seasons on Earth had been unusual, and the winter was particularly cruel on the cusp of the New Year. Upon the black stone of the New Dragon Temple, yesterday's delicate snows had collected into large banks in the courtyard that had slowly thawed into the drains until they scabbed over the instant the winds hit them. Though the hail had ceased, the air remained biting, bitter, and merciless as it poured down on the assembly there. To the one side, students of many ranks and disciplines, the attendant groundskeepers of the grounds, stood in rows, standing in deep, rooted stance as they sustained themselves through the ki shroud of the Dragon's Endurance. Next to them stood their comrades, some of them brothers in different uniforms. Some of these members of the Earth Defense Force stood ill at ease huddled beneath their greatcoats as the winds whipped upon them, while others who had returned from active duty or the frontier.

Many things had changed over the last year, progress had been moving inordinately fast that many of them had lost perspective, whether trainee aspiring to find greater thresholds in their practice of ki cultivation, or the ones gone to soldier returning here to where their journey had began. The world turned beneath them, a festive time for celebration, but here neither their minds not their eyes needed rest.

Upon the Artificial Gravity Lei Tai Platform, slowed under the compressed atmosphere of 300 Gs, they could see them. The black katchin cudgel, Bojack, whirled in Zaofan's hands, whining through the air as it shook with hypersonic vibration that threatened to pulverize whatever it touched through the veil of Kaiten. Carried upon his experienced hands, it cut through the air with the Fist of the Altered Beast as he moved with footwork so sublime that even under the crushing gravitational force it seemed as if he was gliding. Both force and agility brought into a synthesis guided by the system of the Ten Hands of Zxu'ro put on display.

The bostaff shot forward. A feint from the hip level, fake block, changing direction from below to above, to no avail as it smashed into resistance and shook with a small explosion. Ochazuke weilded what appeared to be a simple wooden jo some two feet shorter than his opponent's weapon; however, when he pulled his martial brother off-line, forcing him to over-commit, for a fleeting second he created an angle to pursue. Ishiki Toei reinforced the weapon, countering Zaofan's rippling aura with a structure of steadfast rigidity as they clashed, pulled apart, then pursued, over and over, testing each other's defenses. The black staff swirled, the length creating deception as it darted in and out, sifting new patterns that took advantage of its range, yet when it encountered a clash its momentum was countered by fundamentals, trading force for angles to nullify the distance, and in the race to return to position the shorter weapon was swifter to redraw, but for the thousand of paths the weapon could take in an instant, and as Ochazuke got closer, Zaofan suddenly planted his pole and vaulted upward, committing entirely to bringing the staff down. Impacting into the nano-concrete surface of the platform, its force shook the entire temple grounds. All for naught as Ochazuke hooked the jo and pried Bojack from Zaofan's hands. Yet when he pursued, the Pressure Kicker shot around in an arc and blew his guard wide open, and the Chef's eyes lit up burning red.

OPTIC BLAST!

Ochazuke found his footing and threw his finger forward. Dodonpa! The energies impacted in a dead heat, expanding slowly in a blinding flash. The clatter of wood sounded out as Ochazuke was forced to abandon his weapon, with need to reinforce his technique, and soon one of the duelling red beams shift blue as he threw the principles of the Kudaku-Ken of the Tiger School behind it, rupturing the very structure of the opposing stream of power until the beams folded in upon each other and detonated.

When the flash died down, within the containment shield, the fight went hand to hand. Zaofan pressed on the attack with strikes from long range, snapping to maximum distance and shifting momentum into the next, chambering and whipping blows even as he weaved through them, for he knew all too well the moment Ochazuke found a single opening to his central line, no number of rapidfire strikes could stand to the principle: Ikken Hissatsu - One Strike Certain Death. It was a maxim that went behind any fully committed technique of several disciplines, but the man standing before him took his martial education from Grandmaster Chahan of the Crane School, and used this very principle refined over 2000 years to stake his claim as all but his named successor. The Hands of Hokuto loaned speed to hands fashioned after vipers, piercing just short of anything vital, palms impacting upon his foe's body with enough pain to push him back. In this state, both were used to the pain, it cut through the fear and tension, left Zaofan with the focus to roll and shift to make killer blows into glancing ones.

It was during this course of leaning back hard and pressing the Sheep's Fortitude as knuckles ground into his solar plexus that he saw Ochazuke's view turn to the side for a moment, and it was an opening he seized with an elbow that cut and bled his brow. The strike was true, his eye was sealed, but he'd sacrificed his footing for a sure hit, and with that slight tilt in balance, Zaofan found himself thrown over Ochazuke's shoulders and slammed onto his back, and his brother drove his fist into his throat mercilessly.

Thankfully, he did not follow through, instead stepping off slightly as he dabbed the welling over his eye, for there was a strange presence among their crowd of observers.

"...Held?"

Laying flat on his back, Zaofan too sensed the familiar aura, and kipped up to his feet, cringing and wheezing instantly as he felt his abdominal crunch would spill everything from the pain.

"...what the heck took you so long?!"
    It took a moment for the Nevadian to register that he was being spoken to. The display of combat prowess the two had displayed was positively breathtaking. The two had managed to evolve their skills in such a short time, to the point that they might as well have been different fighters compared to the duo Held had fought alongside a year ago.

Oh. Right. I should say something.

The Nevadian rubbed his head nervously as his exhausted ally rose to meet him.

"Would you believe I lost track of time?" Held asked his friend sheepishly.

It would take some time, getting used to having his hair so short. In the back of his mind, he missed the long braids that adorned his head....If nothing else, they kept his skull warm.

Held considered his response to Zaofans query. His first instinct was to tell his great friends of all that transpired: Whis, Vados, his training in the afterlife, and the torment Crazy Horn had inflicted upon him. It would have sounded insane to the universe at large, but stranger things had happened to those he fought alongside.

It also was too much work. Even now, the Nevadian was still tired, the fatigue of his body still making itself known.

He also couldn't resist being a smart alek.

"I mean...Open bar, Great food." Held replied with a smile, "I figured if Jack's always so non-nonchalant about dying, I might as well see what it has to offer."

A loud laugh escaped the Nevadians mouth "Although, I think I might have ended up taking the VIP suite, so it's hard to compare."

He shivered slightly as the blistering cold of the locale stroked his head. Of course these two would think to take up training in such conditions.

"But enough about that! It's good to see you both. I'd ask if you've been well, but just taking a look at you answers that. "