Page 38 of 371 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma grinned and gave his heroic young friend a thumbs-up. "That's the spirit. We'll go ask Eva if it's alright--don't see any reason why it wouldn't be--go get a ton of home-cooked meals, and then head on in. And... well, we can also talk to her about using Earth's dragonballs to bring back everyone Tundra's killed once we've delivered a heaping dose of justice to his smug face."

His grin deepened. "And just imagine... once she's back and seen how strong you've gotten, Rutaba will definitely want a turn in the room." The two had always been close peers in power, and Pinach pulling ahead like that would definitely make Rutaba redouble her efforts. The heroic pair were friends and partners, but... Totoma suspected there was an undercurrent of friendly competition between them, as well.

And that was perfectly fine. Rivals, especially friendly ones you could sit down and have a fun meal with, were important for a saiyan's growth, at least according to his mother.

"Anyway, let's go talk to Eva about this," said Totoma, motioning for Pinach to follow him.

As he walked, he continued to speak. "I figure Parsley and... probably my mom had the same idea about using the room, too. Won't just be me and you going after Tundra, but all the Super Saiyans we have!" He, of course, implicitly included Pinach in that group. He wasn't yet a super saiyan, but Totoma was confident the young hero could pull it off.

Finally, after some walking, Totoma found Eva. "Yo, Eva... how ya feeling? Sorry to be so, um, abrupt, but I was wondering if that Room of Spirit and Time was up and running yet? There's a villain called Tundra running amok on the Saiyan worlds and Pinach and I need to get in a ton of training real quick to, ya know... kick his smarmy ass."

It occurred to him that if Parsley or Sarada found out about this idea, they may try to shut it down, but if it came to that, he'd stand his ground. Not only would another Super Saiyan be a great help, but... this was important for Pinach's sake, too. He was a warrior, albeit a young one, and a heroic-minded one, besides... it would be unbearable for the boy to just sit back on the sidelines.
    Him? A Super Saiyan? Ever since Sarada and Parsley transformed, he and Rutaba had always wondered if it was possible them to achieve this milestone. It was abundantly clear that his sister were special, and way beyond any other Saiyan besides Vocado himself. But, that didn't mean that Pinach wasn't just as special, right? He had the same parents they did. Plus, there was no evidence -- that he could see -- that showed that there was any other kind of determining factors for who turned Super Saiyan and who couldn't besides strength. Even motivation wasn't as important as they thought, thanks to Just Saiyan's mom.

So, Pinach concluded right then and there that he was going to leave this Room of Spirit and Time as a Super Saiyan. It was so exciting! And once Rutaba was wished back to life, they could be Super Saiyans together!

The only thing holding him back was whether his sisters would let him. But he doubted they would raise objection. They were going to need all the help he could get, and Parsley's days of holding family back for silly reasons were long over.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Well, um, in that case. Why not let Sarada stay in the full day, but you an everyone else only go in for six hours? Sarada could have her child in there. Ah'm sure you can mange with just six months of training."
    "In that case, I might as well stay the entire day myself also. Three months won't be enough to deal with Tundra. Or Auroc, assuming what I saw on Vocado wasn't his full power. And I doubt it was," Parsley responded.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "If you needed time, you could have called me." A familiar female voice cut the tense atmosphere of the lookout. "Or called me in general.....What the hell has been going on up here."

Stepping her way past the others to Kai was a woman with a very familiar air about her, but a look that was somewhat new.....seemingly 3 years had been a long time in terms of growing for a certain mage.

Attachment 94487

"You wouldn't be having this conversation if you hadn't settled for a fixed variable time chamber.....You have an isolated temporal flow, damn well use it." Etrina chided with barely suppressed annoyance. "Now perhaps someone could fill me in on what we haven't the time to deal with this time...."
    A "mysterious" woman made herself known, chiding Kai about some time nonsense that she couldn't quite understand. Parsley could have had some fun and pretended that she didn't know who she was, but Etrina had helped her out quite a bit in the past. It seemed that had long since worked through their problems, as she felt no hint of the animosity she felt for her years ago.

"Ah, Etrina. You finally bless us with your presence." Parsley explained Auroc's invasion of Vocado and Earth and his attempt to abscond with Sarada, Maiz, Jinzi, and Eva. She then explained why he wanted them -- Jinzi was obvious, Sarada because he wanted her unborn child for its birthright, and Maiz and Eva because he wanted creation energy for himself and his own set of dragonballs to make a wish to either resurrect a person named Lampton for a bit of information he possessed. After that, she moved on to the attack on the Saiyan world Ruco and the sudden death of her cousin Rutaba, both orchestrated by an Icer named Tundra. She finished by explaining that they needed to train in the RoSaT to gain sufficient strength to destroy the tyrant and his army or the Saiyan race was going to be wiped from existence.

"...I believe that covers it," she finished. "We have very little time to work with. I'm hoping you have a solution of some sort for that."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

edited out for now
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lightbulb

Lantro stood, taking in everything. Is this what these people had to deal with on a regular basis? Interesting. No wonder Vocado's royal family had gotten so strong. For them, there truly was no offseason.

As for himself, he had no means to return to Vocado even if he wanted to, so he stuck around on the Lookout, quietly observing the various conversations and listening to their game plan going forward. He was a stranger here, that was certain. But he did have a common goal in that he wanted to see justice inflicted on the Threshlings....but this frost demon, this Tundra. Such a threat to the galaxy couldn't go unchecked.

"I don't know half of what any of you are talking about..." he began approaching the others, pointing at the Rosat "But if that place is good for what you say it is I'd like some time in there, myself when there's a chance. Alone, preferably."

"If you needed time, you could have called me." A familiar female voice cut the tense atmosphere of the lookout. "Or called me in general.....What the hell has been going on up here."

Stepping her way past the others to Kai was a woman with a very familiar air about her, but a look that was somewhat new.....seemingly 3 years had been a long time in terms of growing for a certain mage.

Attachment 94487

"You wouldn't be having this conversation if you hadn't settled for a fixed variable time chamber.....You have an isolated temporal flow, damn well use it." Etrina chided with barely suppressed annoyance. "Now perhaps someone could fill me in on what we haven't the time to deal with this time...."
    "My, my..." Inanna said with an almost... hungry smile. "It would appear the Time Mage, has a bust to match her ego now. Delicious~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It was as she suspected. Tired of being on the sidelines, Avoca had come to her for training. And, for that, Tasure gained a measure of respect. Younger saiyans didn't have quite as much irrational pride as her generation, but even for them, asking for help could be... difficult. Tasure believe that what set Queen Sarada apart, at least initially, from many of her peers was her willingness to accept help... and very occasionally request it. Competition was good to a certain extent, but cooperation and collaboration were just as important to one's growth.

After a brief moment of consideration, Tasure nodded. "Fine. I'll training, but... two things. One, I am not going to use kids' gloves with you. I fight hard, train hard, and play hard. But, I suppose someone who's trained with the Three themselves won't have any issues with that. Second... while we're doing this, I want to see what those three taught you. Don't worry, not gonna steal your secret techniques, just... see if I can figure out if I can work the principles behind 'em into my own repertoire. Deal?"

As much as she could teach Avoca, there was quite a bit the younger saiyaness could teach her. Tasure preferred the 'basics perfected' approach to combat, but from what she knew, Avoca's techniques were quite impressive--among the most unique any saiyan had to offer. Yes, there was certainly the potential for a mutual exchange here.
    Tasure agreed to train with Avoca, on two conditions. The first was that Avoca know going in that she wasn't going to go easy on her. That was fine; Parsley and Sarada didn't deal with her with kiddie gloves just because she was weaker, and she didn't expect a peer of theirs to either. In fact, she would have resented it if any of them had. How was she supposed to get stronger if she didn't get roughed up?

The second was that she show her the techniques Brocado, Beatz, and Buffet taught her. That was also fine. Perhaps now that she would have a year -- or three months or whatever -- to use them, she could hone them and turn them into something unique for herself. Sounded like Tasure wanted to do the same, which, in the end, was what everyone did.

"Yeah, you got a deal." She nodded once to seal the deal, then took her leave to stand by Parsley.

"She agreed," she told her quietly.

"I knew she would. If this new plan for the RoSaT holds up, it shouldn't be more than a day until you're a Super Saiyan." Parsley smiled and patted her on the butt. "I can't wait to see you with blonde hair."

Avoca smiled back and gave her a nice butt slap in return. "You really think I can do it?"

"Of course. I wouldn't have married you if I thought you were weak. Just because you aren't as strong as Sarada and I doesn't mean you can't reach our level. we aren't any more special than anyone else."

Hearing Parsley say that -- and knowing that she just wasn't saying that to be nice -- made Avoca feel a lot better. And made her excited about the upcoming training. No one could confuse her and Tasure as friends, but that really didn't matter. And it may have changed by the time they came out. There was no better way to gain a person's respect and friendship than fighting them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "In that case, I might as well stay the entire day myself also. Three months won't be enough to deal with Tundra. Or Auroc, assuming what I saw on Vocado wasn't his full power. And I doubt it was," Parsley responded.

A "mysterious" woman made herself known, chiding Kai about some time nonsense that she couldn't quite understand. Parsley could have had some fun and pretended that she didn't know who she was, but Etrina had helped her out quite a bit in the past. It seemed that had long since worked through their problems, as she felt no hint of the animosity she felt for her years ago.

"Ah, Etrina. You finally bless us with your presence." Parsley explained Auroc's invasion of Vocado and Earth and his attempt to abscond with Sarada, Maiz, Jinzi, and Eva. She then explained why he wanted them -- Jinzi was obvious, Sarada because he wanted her unborn child for its birthright, and Maiz and Eva because he wanted creation energy for himself and his own set of dragonballs to make a wish to either resurrect a person named Lampton for a bit of information he possessed. After that, she moved on to the attack on the Saiyan world Ruco and the sudden death of her cousin Rutaba, both orchestrated by an Icer named Tundra. She finished by explaining that they needed to train in the RoSaT to gain sufficient strength to destroy the tyrant and his army or the Saiyan race was going to be wiped from existence.

"...I believe that covers it," she finished. "We have very little time to work with. I'm hoping you have a solution of some sort for that."
    "Ugh.....Two headaches for the price of one......You have my sympathy for Rutaba......actually no, I'll give you more then Sympathy, I'll make sure you put the one responsible in the ground." Etrina huffed. She had no idea who this Tundra character was, but Rutaba was a good kid....not one she dealt with, but clearly the sour mode went a long way to show how much damage this one ice demon had done.

Also Tundra was a stupid name and Etrina had devolved a crippling hatred of the Cold in general.....so unintentional puns were right out.

"Kai, Suggestion...." Etrina turned back her attention back to him. "Nothing can be done for the room itself at this point without heavy work, but what about a temporal pocket space? Time within a chamber like this is already flowing out of sync with time in general.....Think we could bend it a little further for a small space within the chamber? It won't help for the training, but we could eliminate the time lost to some of the less mobile tasks inside....Eating and Sleeping specifically."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "My, my..." Inanna said with an almost... hungry smile. "It would appear the Time Mage, has a bust to match her ego now. Delicious~"
    "Its been three years and you open with a chest comment...."Etrina contained a chuckle. "I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or look into how big my ego actually is......and please don't lick your lips like that, I've half a mind to file a restraining order for all the good it would do."

"Its been three years and you open with a chest comment...."Etrina contained a chuckle. "I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or look into how big my ego actually is......and please don't lick your lips like that, I've half a mind to file a restraining order for all the good it would do."
    "It may behoove you to ask a better question..." Inanna said with a grin. "Namely, is the woman licking her lips; the woman I knew three years ago." The answer of course, was no. Which is why a restraining order was probably prudent.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eva walks back in, shaking her head.

“Sarada is....still sleeping. There is something, some strange energy, that I don’t recognize surrounding her. She’s in no danger, and the baby is also safe from what energy I can sense of it. I cannot attempt to wake her though, without your permission, Inanna. Do I have it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    OT: Cleric is this okay?

Time rewind.

Praxat arrives at the spot where she and Dash met the Threshling Archer. "Threshling if you still here, I have a few questions to ask you. First, do you know where I can find the resources for this?" Praxat said.

Praxat opens up her right hand and shows the shimmery black material." Second, can those resources be used to make an environmental suit? Third, what do you know about swordsmanship?" Praxat said.
    Siew quirks an eyebrow.

“The material is from one of Reshlan’s worlds. It can be made into several items and suits. As to swordsmanship....that is not my forte.”

She nods to her bow.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: Cleric, you probably missed it due to, well, the post being directed to sub, but Totoma did approach Eva in... this post.

(He's been out of the loop with the main discussion about the ROSAT, so this is basically to get him in that loop, lol.)
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva walks back in, shaking her head.

“Sarada is....still sleeping. There is something, some strange energy, that I don’t recognize surrounding her. She’s in no danger, and the baby is also safe from what energy I can sense of it. I cannot attempt to wake her though, without your permission, Inanna. Do I have it?”
    "The energy, what is it?" Inanna asked, simply, before making a final decision on the matter.

Arx Inosaan

Totoma grinned and gave his heroic young friend a thumbs-up. "That's the spirit. We'll go ask Eva if it's alright--don't see any reason why it wouldn't be--go get a ton of home-cooked meals, and then head on in. And... well, we can also talk to her about using Earth's dragonballs to bring back everyone Tundra's killed once we've delivered a heaping dose of justice to his smug face."

His grin deepened. "And just imagine... once she's back and seen how strong you've gotten, Rutaba will definitely want a turn in the room." The two had always been close peers in power, and Pinach pulling ahead like that would definitely make Rutaba redouble her efforts. The heroic pair were friends and partners, but... Totoma suspected there was an undercurrent of friendly competition between them, as well.

And that was perfectly fine. Rivals, especially friendly ones you could sit down and have a fun meal with, were important for a saiyan's growth, at least according to his mother.

"Anyway, let's go talk to Eva about this," said Totoma, motioning for Pinach to follow him.

As he walked, he continued to speak. "I figure Parsley and... probably my mom had the same idea about using the room, too. Won't just be me and you going after Tundra, but all the Super Saiyans we have!" He, of course, implicitly included Pinach in that group. He wasn't yet a super saiyan, but Totoma was confident the young hero could pull it off.

Finally, after some walking, Totoma found Eva. "Yo, Eva... how ya feeling? Sorry to be so, um, abrupt, but I was wondering if that Room of Spirit and Time was up and running yet? There's a villain called Tundra running amok on the Saiyan worlds and Pinach and I need to get in a ton of training real quick to, ya know... kick his smarmy ass."

It occurred to him that if Parsley or Sarada found out about this idea, they may try to shut it down, but if it came to that, he'd stand his ground. Not only would another Super Saiyan be a great help, but... this was important for Pinach's sake, too. He was a warrior, albeit a young one, and a heroic-minded one, besides... it would be unbearable for the boy to just sit back on the sidelines.
    “I’ve been better, but we persevere. The RoSaT is viable now.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "The energy, what is it?" Inanna asked, simply, before making a final decision on the matter.
    “I would say it was some sort of....cousin...to Creational Energy, but shifted somehow. I’ve not seen it’s like. It’s some sort of protective aura that keeps harm from her and the baby. I believe my own Creational Energy can make the aura retreat away so we can wake her.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM