Page 40 of 371 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva looks at her before looking back at the orb.

“I think.....I think it’s in no danger of that.”
    "So long as you're sure, but all the same." Inanna said with a grunt.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auroc View Post
    Auroc keeps at Sarada while dodging and dancing around the Bidrae technique, until a katchin spear punches into him.

Which does nothing.

“Funny coming from an attack from behind. Too late anyways.”

His hand reaches out and grabs Sarada by the throat. He then vomits a massive deluge of black sludge onto her face and body, a concentrated form of the transmutative power he used to turn the Saiyans into Threshlings.

His head spins around and smirks at Inanna.

“Far too late.”
    The last thing Sarada remembered was being puked on. Whatever the **** kind of sick **** this pink blob of actual horse **** was into, she wanted no part of it. She could even feel her body being repulsed by the vomit, burning and pulsating on its own according. ...no, this wasn't repulsion. Well, it was, but it wasn't what she thought. Something was happening. Or, trying to happen.

...no. He was trying to turn her like he did those other Saiyans. And there wasn't a damned thing she could do about it. Darkness was quickly creeping into her field of vision. Color was draining fast. She was feeling weaker by the second. She wanted to protest, to fight back, to do something, damn it! Her brain made a last ditch emergency command to her body, but it never reached anything. Unconsciousness overtook her, followed by pitch black darkness. Whatever was going to happen from that moment forward was out of her hands, out of her control.

She hated being out of control. Despised it. She had been subjected to so much in her life that was decided for her by other people. Only recently did she manage to gain some autonomy over her life, only for it to once again be snatched away. That Auroc's grinning face was the last thing she saw made her sick to her stomach. Inanna, Parsley, it's up to you now. Please, save our people. And kick Auroc in the sack for me.

She had to leave it up to her wife and sister. Her only hope was that they defeated this monster and saved her baby before it was too late. If she came to and found out that he got what he wanted in exchange for her life, it would kill her. Please save my baby.

She nods and makes her way back to Sarada.

A few moments later, Eva returns with a curious look in her eyes.

“The aura is gone, she can be awoken now, Inanna. Perhaps seeing you or Parsley first would be better for her.”

Eva then steps aside, curiously looking at a strange blue orb in her hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Dispose of the orb, or give it to me for disposal. The last thing we need is more unnecessary artifacts to be acquired by would be enemies," Inanna commented before stepping into the room.

"Sarada?" The golden-eyed woman called out then, softly.
    A familiar voice pierced the darkness, calling her name with tepid softness. Inanna? How much time had passed? Did they win? Was Auroc dead? Was her baby...

Her eyelids started to flutter open. As they did, light from the bright sun poured in through the crack, poking countless holes into the darkness that had enveloped her and held her captive for however long.

"She's coming to."

Another familiar voice. Was that Avoca?

"Wake up. We have important things to deal with."

Parsley.

Sarada let her eyes open gradually, hissing slightly as the full breadth of the sun hit her. Her body ached, felt stiff. She must have been out for a while. As her vision cleared, her surroundings became clear. She expected to either be in the palace on Vocado or one of the Saiyan worlds. Instead, she was on Earth; the Lookout to be precise. "What the hell?" Her voice felt weak from thirst and disuse. Three familiar faces were staring down at her -- her wife, her sister, and her sister-in-law. They were alive, but they weren't home. Something bad must have happened.

"Auroc... where.... my baby!" Despite the silent protests of her back and torso, she shot into a sitting position, nearly headbutting Avoca in the process. "Where is my--?"

"The baby's safe," Parsley reassured. "Auroc was dealt with on Vocado. The invasion was thwarted, thanks to Inanna and Nevanlinna."

Safe. Their child was safe and not in the clutches of that madman. She silently thanked whoever.

Her eyes drifted over to Inanna. She felt relieved that she wasn't hurt, as if that was even possible -- it was, but some bitch Majin wasn't strong enough. "Did you kill him?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada was awake, their baby safe. And while Inanna hadn't been exceedingly worried after finding out that her Little Love hadn't been whisked away it was... more than a little relieving to see her waking up. And that she had the presence of mind to ask the relevant questions, brought a smile to Inanna's face.

"Not dead, but not fit to trouble anyone for at least a little while," Inanna explained. "Nevanlinna set it up really, but punched a hole through Nevanlinna and turned him to paste. Between the two of us, we put a stop to his conversion attempt as well. He's not the problem now, however..." the Golden-eyed woman said, before gesturing toward Parsley.

"Tell her."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Sarada was awake, their baby safe. And while Inanna hadn't been exceedingly worried after finding out that her Little Love hadn't been whisked away it was... more than a little relieving to see her waking up. And that she had the presence of mind to ask the relevant questions, brought a smile to Inanna's face.

"Not dead, but not fit to trouble anyone for at least a little while," Inanna explained. "Nevanlinna set it up really, but punched a hole through Nevanlinna and turned him to paste. Between the two of us, we put a stop to his conversion attempt as well. He's not the problem now, however..." the Golden-eyed woman said, before gesturing toward Parsley.

"Tell her."
    So, Auroc wasn't dead, but got his ass kicked so hard he had to retreat? Good. It gave Sarada a chance to kick his ass herself and make him pay for what he did to her people. Hundreds fell because of him, and he was going to die for it.

With Parsley's help, Sarada rose to her feet. "Tell me what?"

Parsley sighed and hesitated for a moment. Sarada felt a wave of anxiety wash through her. In the distance, she could feel that Pinach was also there, but there was no sign of Rutaba. Strange; those two were never away from each other for very long, and never came to Earth without the other. "What's going on?"

"I'll be brief," her sister started. "Tundra attacked Ruco. One of his subordinates, Daroga, killed Mato and Rutaba. As I speak, his army is attacking the other Saiyan worlds."

Sarada's face was blank for a very long time as her mind struggled to comprehend what was just said to her. Tundra... now? Attacking Rucu? Killed Mato and... and Rutaba? No, that wasn't possible. Not only a few hours after Auroc attacked Vocado. It couldn't be.

"No..."

More Saiyans were dying, and she was on Earth sleeping. Her hands clenched into fist. "Tundra," she growled. Her aura flared to life, shaking the Lookout. Her fangs bared, an enraged growl rumbling from her throat. "I'll kill you! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!"

"Sarada, stop!" Avoca yelled. The powerful winds produced by her sudden outburst threatened to pick her up off her feet and hurl her off the Lookout. Parsley grabbed her hand and stood steadfast against it.

"Enough. We have little time to respond and there's none to waste on an outburst!"

Parsley sharply spoken words slipped through Sarada's rage-hazed mind. Her golden aura remained, but she calmed down gradually. She was right, they didn't have the time to waste on her expressing empty threats at the air. She needed to train. If what Maiz said was true, then Tundra was stronger than a Super Saiyan. There were... one, two, three, four present at the time, so that was an advantage in their favor. But he likely had his two stooges, Daroga and Letchee, with him, and they were also as strong as Super Saiyans. At least they were a few years ago.

"Eva's allowing us to use the Room of Spirit and Time, but we may only be able to use it for six hours to keep things from getting too far out of hand. That translates to three months inside."

That wasn't going to be enough. And even if it was, she was going to be going into labor soon after getting out, if not before. "I'll go into labor right after that," she replied, sounding utterly demoralized. "And after that, I'll feel too weak to fight, much less fight someone way stronger than me. Not only that, but I don't want Inanna to miss the birth of our child." She glanced at the Oni, hoping she had a better idea.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva looks at her before looking back at the orb.

“I think.....I think it’s in no danger of that.”
    Sarada noticed Eva holding a familiar looking bead. She immediately recognized it as the bead Hilda made her swallow years ago in exchange for giving her Blizz's name. "Hey, where'd you get that from?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Kai shakes his head.

“Yes and no. For brief, very brief, periods more than two can be inside. However, anything passed an hour outside starts to....detrimentally effect those inside. Something about Temporal Warp theory. Part of the reason why without a stable Temporal Portal, or a temporal entity like Zurvan stabilizing it continuously, Time Travel is almost impossible for more than one or two people at a time. Time itself starts to warp and weaken then and the field fails.”

Kai shrugs.

“With Etrina here we could possibly extend it to three for six to twelve hours, or four for three to six hours if she was willing to spend her magic and concentration on the RoSaT the entire time. Maybe.”
    "Maybe is the mage equivalent to a challenge you know. " Etrina crossed her arms and gave him a defiant smirk. "I'll do you one better and keep three in for the full 12, should be doable by using my foci to maintain a stabilizing field inside while I channel magic from outside....just need to cast a spell for 12 straight hours.....nothing to it." The mage patted her non existent arm muscle. "......just to be on the safe side though.......keep some coffee and energy drinks on hand...."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada noticed Eva holding a familiar looking bead. She immediately recognized it as the bead Hilda made her swallow years ago in exchange for giving her Blizz's name. "Hey, where'd you get that from?"
    Eva looks up.

“It’s what saved your life. A...Preservational force envelopes you from this orb. It protected you and your child from Auroc.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Maybe is the mage equivalent to a challenge you know. " Etrina crossed her arms and gave him a defiant smirk. "I'll do you one better and keep three in for the full 12, should be doable by using my foci to maintain a stabilizing field inside while I channel magic from outside....just need to cast a spell for 12 straight hours.....nothing to it." The mage patted her non existent arm muscle. "......just to be on the safe side though.......keep some coffee and energy drinks on hand...."
    Kai quirked an eyebrow.

“You know no one here doubts your skills, Etrina. Don’t force yourself: time burnout is...an unpleasant thing to witness.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Doing a quick calculation in her head, "That's 3 for 12, 2 for 6, an 2 for 6. There's Sarada, her sister, her sister's mate, Totoma, Pinach...oh, and Sarada's demon ... that works out to 'bout 6 with room for one more Sayian ... oh, that might be Sarada's kid."

Dash shrugged her shoulders, then smiled wryly, "Ah guess that should be enough to take care of most of the Sayains here."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Doing a quick calculation in her head, "That's 3 for 12, 2 for 6, an 2 for 6. There's Sarada, her sister, her sister's mate, Totoma, Pinach...oh, and Sarada's demon ... that works out to 'bout 6 with room for one more Sayian ... oh, that might be Sarada's kid."

Dash shrugged her shoulders, then smiled wryly, "Ah guess that should be enough to take care of most of the Sayains here."
    "Unless Sarada needs to stay in for the full 24 hours." Dash considered this, "Then they'd only be room for 4 more Sayains, so 2 might have'ta go without train'in."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, Auroc wasn't dead, but got his ass kicked so hard he had to retreat? Good. It gave Sarada a chance to kick his ass herself and make him pay for what he did to her people. Hundreds fell because of him, and he was going to die for it.

With Parsley's help, Sarada rose to her feet. "Tell me what?"

Parsley sighed and hesitated for a moment. Sarada felt a wave of anxiety wash through her. In the distance, she could feel that Pinach was also there, but there was no sign of Rutaba. Strange; those two were never away from each other for very long, and never came to Earth without the other. "What's going on?"

"I'll be brief," her sister started. "Tundra attacked Ruco. One of his subordinates, Daroga, killed Mato and Rutaba. As I speak, his army is attacking the other Saiyan worlds."

Sarada's face was blank for a very long time as her mind struggled to comprehend what was just said to her. Tundra... now? Attacking Rucu? Killed Mato and... and Rutaba? No, that wasn't possible. Not only a few hours after Auroc attacked Vocado. It couldn't be.

"No..."

More Saiyans were dying, and she was on Earth sleeping. Her hands clenched into fist. "Tundra," she growled. Her aura flared to life, shaking the Lookout. Her fangs bared, an enraged growl rumbling from her throat. "I'll kill you! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!"

"Sarada, stop!" Avoca yelled. The powerful winds produced by her sudden outburst threatened to pick her up off her feet and hurl her off the Lookout. Parsley grabbed her hand and stood steadfast against it.

"Enough. We have little time to respond and there's none to waste on an outburst!"

Parsley sharply spoken words slipped through Sarada's rage-hazed mind. Her golden aura remained, but she calmed down gradually. She was right, they didn't have the time to waste on her expressing empty threats at the air. She needed to train. If what Maiz said was true, then Tundra was stronger than a Super Saiyan. There were... one, two, three, four present at the time, so that was an advantage in their favor. But he likely had his two stooges, Daroga and Letchee, with him, and they were also as strong as Super Saiyans. At least they were a few years ago.

"Eva's allowing us to use the Room of Spirit and Time, but we may only be able to use it for six hours to keep things from getting too far out of hand. That translates to three months inside."

That wasn't going to be enough. And even if it was, she was going to be going into labor soon after getting out, if not before. "I'll go into labor right after that," she replied, sounding utterly demoralized. "And after that, I'll feel too weak to fight, much less fight someone way stronger than me. Not only that, but I don't want Inanna to miss the birth of our child." She glanced at the Oni, hoping she had a better idea.
    It always sent a current of excitement shooting down Inanna's spine, at the sight of her Little Love's golden hair. A carryover from the prolonged connection shared between herself... her former self, and Sarada. As to whether or not she had an alternative to the Room of Spirit and Time, however?

The excitement faded, and a smirk replaced her smile.

"Nevanlinna is to thank, in part... but yes. I have my own Room. How do you think I managed to scrape what was left of of my mind together and restore my former glory in only two and a half years?" The golden-eyed demon asked, playfully. "Hmm~ there are certainly limitations... mind you; the same sort of occupant restriction as the proper 'Room'... but I can maintain the effect with minimal strain for what's necessary. It would also allow me to be there for the birth of our child, while affording a few other perks, besides~. Namely... the Eleven."

Entities to rival or surpass Inanna herself, and ones Sarada at least was familiar with.

Arx Inosaan

Eva looks up.

“It’s what saved your life. A...Preservational force envelopes you from this orb. It protected you and your child from Auroc.”
    "Lady Guardian," came Nevanlinna's voice. "May I inspect that orb? That power it is giving off, it feels..." She trailed off, but mentally finished the sentence.

Familiar.

If she didn't know better, it felt like a small part of Vaikuntha had been taken and solidified.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

It always sent a current of excitement shooting down Inanna's spine, at the sight of her Little Love's golden hair. A carryover from the prolonged connection shared between herself... her former self, and Sarada. As to whether or not she had an alternative to the Room of Spirit and Time, however?

The excitement faded, and a smirk replaced her smile.

"Nevanlinna is to thank, in part... but yes. I have my own Room. How do you think I managed to scrape what was left of of my mind together and restore my former glory in only two and a half years?" The golden-eyed demon asked, playfully. "Hmm~ there are certainly limitations... mind you; the same sort of occupant restriction as the proper 'Room'... but I can maintain the effect with minimal strain for what's necessary. It would also allow me to be there for the birth of our child, while affording a few other perks, besides~. Namely... the Eleven."

Entities to rival or surpass Inanna herself, and ones Sarada at least was familiar with.
    Sarada had forgotten about Vai...whatever it was called, that place Nevanlinna gave them access to a few years ago. This, despite her and Parsley training for the better part of three years. If it was just as good as the RoSaT, but with fewer drawbacks -- and more importantly a way for more than two people to safe train there for a period of time -- then she saw no reason not to train there. It would allow others to use the Room, allowing them to get their training done more quickly and go about shoving all their feet up Tundra's ass at the same time.

Plus, training with eleven different comparable fighters -- all with a wide array of different abilities -- instead of just one would only benefit them.

"Then, that's where we'll go. I think it best if Parsley and I train for the full day. I don't want to take the risk of not being strong enough. There's too much at stake." She looked at Parsley, who nodded in agreement.

"Let's get started right now, if that's possible. You don't have to prepare anything, do you?" she asked Inanna.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva looks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Lady Guardian," came Nevanlinna's voice. "May I inspect that orb? That power it is giving off, it feels..." She trailed off, but mentally finished the sentence.

Familiar.

If she didn't know better, it felt like a small part of Vaikuntha had been taken and solidified.
    Sarada didn't know what Eva meant by "Preservational", but it sounded like Nevanlinna did. "A being named Hilda gave that to me a few years ago. I didn't think anything of it at the time. That name doesn't sound familiar to you, do it?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Sarada heard what she couldn't see as anything other than an insult to a certain someone. Her eyes narrowed. "Don't got any demons, Dash. I exorcised those a long time ago."

She also didn't miss that she mentioned Pinach in the list of Saiyans going into the Room. It made sense, even if she didn't want him going into a battle this dangerous. They had already lost Rutaba; losing him too would kill her. And Maiz. Speaking of Maiz, she needed to give her a call to let her know she was alright and everything was going to be taken care of.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!