Page 41 of 371 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada didn't know what Eva meant by "Preservational", but it sounded like Nevanlinna did. "A being named Hilda gave that to me a few years ago. I didn't think anything of it at the time. That name doesn't sound familiar to you, do it?"
    Nevanlinna shook her head. "I am afraid not. However, it seems that she did you--and us--quite the favor. Many would be quite dismayed to see you fall."

Not just the saiyans, given that Sarada was their queen, but herself as well. As crude as Sarada could be at times, Nevanlinna had grown to like her. They were by no means friends, of course, but she had handled herself well as a head of state and was an outstanding warrior, both things meriting respect.

She would of course never admit this outwardly.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Lady Guardian," came Nevanlinna's voice. "May I inspect that orb? That power it is giving off, it feels..." She trailed off, but mentally finished the sentence.

Familiar.

If she didn't know better, it felt like a small part of Vaikuntha had been taken and solidified.
    Eva nods and hands it over.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada heard what she couldn't see as anything other than an insult to a certain someone. Her eyes narrowed. "Don't got any demons, Dash. I exorcised those a long time ago."

She also didn't miss that she mentioned Pinach in the list of Saiyans going into the Room. It made sense, even if she didn't want him going into a battle this dangerous. They had already lost Rutaba; losing him too would kill her. And Maiz. Speaking of Maiz, she needed to give her a call to let her know she was alright and everything was going to be taken care of.
    Dash flinched slightly, "Ah, no, ah meant that 7 foot tall person who seems to care about you. Don't know her name, only that she looks like a Demon, or an Oni. Ah meant no insult."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-16-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash flinched slightly, "Ah, no, ah meant that 7 foot tall person who seems to care about you. Don't know her name, only that she looks like a Demon, or an Oni. Ah meant no insult."
    Sarada sighed. She assumed Inanna would have introduced herself by this point, but the circumstances probably didn't let her. "It's fine. This is my wife, Inanna. She used to be Ishtar."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada sighed. She assumed Inanna would have introduced herself by this point, but the circumstances probably didn't let her. "It's fine. This is my wife, Inanna. She used to be Ishtar."
    "Woa, really? She sure has grown." Dash, looking up, raised a hand in a hesitant wave, "Um, hya Ish..I mean Inanna. Sorry ah didn't recognize you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I’ve been better, but we persevere. The RoSaT is viable now.”
    Totoma gave Eva a thumbs-up. "Awesome. Glad you survived... and glad we gained some pretty tough new allies, too." He didn't know what in the heck that... Neva chick did to free the bow knight, but whatever it was, he was glad.

Sarada heard what she couldn't see as anything other than an insult to a certain someone. Her eyes narrowed. "Don't got any demons, Dash. I exorcised those a long time ago."

She also didn't miss that she mentioned Pinach in the list of Saiyans going into the Room. It made sense, even if she didn't want him going into a battle this dangerous. They had already lost Rutaba; losing him too would kill her. And Maiz. Speaking of Maiz, she needed to give her a call to let her know she was alright and everything was going to be taken care of.
    Sarada's outburst alerted Totoma to the fact that she was now up-and-about. Once she had calmed down a bit, Totoma walked up to her and patted her on the shoulder. "Hey hey, glad to see you're as lively as ever. So... I'll be taking Pinach into that chamber to train. Given how strong that Tundra guy is supposed to be, we're gonna need as many Super Saiyans as we can muster."

Totoma grinned. "And... it'll be good to fight alongside you again."

Nevanlinna shook her head. "I am afraid not. However, it seems that she did you--and us--quite the favor. Many would be quite dismayed to see you fall."

Not just the saiyans, given that Sarada was their queen, but herself as well. As crude as Sarada could be at times, Nevanlinna had grown to like her. They were by no means friends, of course, but she had handled herself well as a head of state and was an outstanding warrior, both things meriting respect.

She would of course never admit this outwardly.
    "Yeah, she did, surprisingly."

Sarada walked over to Nevanlinna and held her hand out. "Parsley told me that you were a big help in saving the throne world. You didn't have to help. Saiyan business has nothing to do with you, but you did anyway. Thank you."

Totoma gave Eva a thumbs-up. "Awesome. Glad you survived... and glad we gained some pretty tough new allies, too." He didn't know what in the heck that... Neva chick did to free the bow knight, but whatever it was, he was glad.
    When Eva gave her approval for him to go into the RoSaT, Pinach gave an excited whoop. "Thanks, Ms. Eva. I can't wait to get started!"

Sarada's outburst alerted Totoma to the fact that she was now up-and-about. Once she had calmed down a bit, Totoma walked up to her and patted her on the shoulder. "Hey hey, glad to see you're as lively as ever. So... I'll be taking Pinach into that chamber to train. Given how strong that Tundra guy is supposed to be, we're gonna need as many Super Saiyans as we can muster."

Totoma grinned. "And... it'll be good to fight alongside you again."
    Sarada turned to find Totoma's face in her face. Behind him was Pinach. It was still surreal seeing him without Rutaba somewhere nearby. It didn't feel real. It felt like a bad dream. She couldn't believe her cousin was dead.

"It's good to see you, Totoma." She moved past him and put a hand on her brother's shoulder. "I'd rather you be wherever Maiz is, but it can't be helped. I'm glad you made it out of there okay." She couldn't help but notice Avoca flinch when she mentioned Maiz. Strange.

"If I hadn't, we'd both be dead," he said.

"I figured. That's why I'm glad you made it out." She gave him a half smile. "So, you're going into the RoSaT with your hero. You'd better come out golden or you'll be staying here."

"Don't worry, I'll be a Super Saiyan just like you and Parsley. And then when Rutaba gets wished back to life, we can help her become a Super Saiyan, too!"

His spirits weren't as down as she feared. The dragonballs gave him hope of seeing his cousin again. She hated using those things because using them too much made them a crutch. It gradually made people who had them or knew of them reckless since they could mop up any mistake with a wish to a magic dragon. But this... she knew that this was a special case, even if they had been abusing a set of balls whenever they could.

This one hit closer to home than the attack on Turrip.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Praxat hurries to Capsule Corp. Once there, she goes straight to her Lab. Once there, She deactivates the security force field and enters a section of her Lab. In this section, she grabs a box that is neatly wrapped, and next to a cake in a box. Above the cake are balloons and a sign that reads Happy Birthday Dash in colorful letters.

( I was going to throw Dash a Birthday Party here. Oh well, I better head back to the Lookout now, ) Praxat thought. Praxat then hurries back to the Lookout.

Once there, she hands Dash a neatly wrapped box." Here Dash Happy Birthday. " Praxat said.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-16-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

While Dash is distracted talking with the others, she suddenly senses Praxat coming up from behind. Turning around, she sees Praxat holding out a wrapped box.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat hurries to Capsule Corp. Once there, she goes straight to her Lab. Once there, She deactivates the security force field and enters a section of her Lab. In this section, she grabs a box that is neatly wrapped, and next to a cake in a box. Above the cake are balloons and a sign that reads Happy Birthday Dash in colorful letters.

( I was going to throw Dash a Birthday Party here. Oh well, I better head back to the Lookout now, ) Praxat thought. Praxat then hurries back to the Lookout.

Once there, she hands Dash a neatly wrapped box." Here Dash Happy Birthday. " Praxat said.

A twinge of guilt over not finding time for her, combined with that rare happy feeling one gets when receiving a present, made her hesitate at first. She then smiled broadly as she accepted the gift. Before she even opened it, she gave her friend a quick hug, "Ah'm sorry for not goin with you, but thank you. You didn't have'ta but ah do appreciate it."

With that she quickly opened up the box and looked inside. Reaching in, she pulled out what looked like a wristwatch.

After looking at it for a moment, she placed it on her left wrist, "It's beautiful! Fits me like a second skin."

Looking up at Praxat while holding her wrist up, 'Aside from tellin the time, can it do anything else? Ah heard of watches that can monitor your heart rate and do other fancy things."

While Dash is distracted talking with the others, she suddenly senses Praxat coming up from behind. Turning around, she sees Praxat holding out a wrapped box.

A twinge of guilt over not finding time for her, combined with that rare happy feeling one gets when receiving a present, made her hesitate at first. She then smiled broadly as she accepted the gift. Before she even opened it, she gave her friend a quick hug, "Ah'm sorry for not goin with you, but thank you. You didn't have'ta but ah do appreciate it."

With that she quickly opened up the box and looked inside. Reaching in, she pulled out what looked like a wristwatch.

After looking at it for a moment, she placed it on her left wrist, "It's beautiful! Fits me like a second skin."

Looking up at Praxat while holding her wrist up, 'Aside from tellin the time, can it do anything else? Ah heard of watches that can monitor your heart rate and do other fancy things."
    " It doesn't tell time, that's not a clock it's a timer. This bracelet will allow you to turn invisible for 10 minutes. The timer tells you how long you have left until the effect wears off," Praxat said.

" Oh, and I'm sorry for trying to make you come with me to my Lab. That was selfish of me. Oh, and I would like to train with you," Praxat said.

" I have been doing intense train for the past few years. Whatever you're thinking, I can assure I'm much stronger than you realize, Dash. So if you think I'm the same as I was three years ago? You're going to be in for a surprise," Praxat whispered.

Praxat takes off her boots, and her claws which before were dull are now razor-sharp. Praxat then does a few stretches and showcases uncanny flexibility. As she swiftly goes into a lot of unusual positions.

Praxat then goes back into a normal position as swiftly as she went into those positions.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-17-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Sarada walked over to Nevanlinna and held her hand out. "Parsley told me that you were a big help in saving the throne world. You didn't have to help. Saiyan business has nothing to do with you, but you did anyway. Thank you."

When Eva gave her approval for him to go into the RoSaT, Pinach gave an excited whoop. "Thanks, Ms. Eva. I can't wait to get started!"

Sarada turned to find Totoma's face in her face. Behind him was Pinach. It was still surreal seeing him without Rutaba somewhere nearby. It didn't feel real. It felt like a bad dream. She couldn't believe her cousin was dead.

"It's good to see you, Totoma." She moved past him and put a hand on her brother's shoulder. "I'd rather you be wherever Maiz is, but it can't be helped. I'm glad you made it out of there okay." She couldn't help but notice Avoca flinch when she mentioned Maiz. Strange.

"If I hadn't, we'd both be dead," he said.

"I figured. That's why I'm glad you made it out." She gave him a half smile. "So, you're going into the RoSaT with your hero. You'd better come out golden or you'll be staying here."

"Don't worry, I'll be a Super Saiyan just like you and Parsley. And then when Rutaba gets wished back to life, we can help her become a Super Saiyan, too!"

His spirits weren't as down as she feared. The dragonballs gave him hope of seeing his cousin again. She hated using those things because using them too much made them a crutch. It gradually made people who had them or knew of them reckless since they could mop up any mistake with a wish to a magic dragon. But this... she knew that this was a special case, even if they had been abusing a set of balls whenever they could.

This one hit closer to home than the attack on Turrip.
    Hmm. Lantro had sensed she had been awake for a bit, but he wasn't sure if he shpuld approach her. After all, the last he saw of her she had tried to wipe him put with a virus after he attempted to lead another race in a vengeance-driven March against the Saiyans. But after living there a while, he...

...**** it. It was awkward enough standing on this platform, trying to take in just how prepared all these Saiyans were to save their homeworld from a genocidal monster when he had begin to feel, he wouldn't have cared less years ago. But the violently disturbing gyrations, he managed to catch out of the corner of his eye sealed the deal and gave him cause enough to leave to ask for....forgiveness? That would be too much, perhaps. Even he knew his distaste for what the Saiyans once were was hard to let go of. But whatever he was searching for, maybe it would grant him some peace of mind.

"Sarada," he commented a flying down over to where she was speaking. He almost didn't find the words. Almost. Can't freeze up on the free throw line. "I wanna join the starting line-up," he continued. "But maybe I should earn my spot, first. I never really had to ask permission before to join in on a fight, but I'd like to think it's up to you to say whether I deserve it or not. After all, it wasn't that long ago that I nearly helped let another monster lose on your people. But I...." he paused, taking a moment to press his shades up against the bridge of his nose. "...there's things to make up for."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Hmm. Lantro had sensed she had been awake for a bit, but he wasn't sure if he shpuld approach her. After all, the last he saw of her she had tried to wipe him put with a virus after he attempted to lead another race in a vengeance-driven March against the Saiyans. But after living there a while, he...

...**** it. It was awkward enough standing on this platform, trying to take in just how prepared all these Saiyans were to save their homeworld from a genocidal monster when he had begin to feel, he wouldn't have cared less years ago. But the violently disturbing gyrations, he managed to catch out of the corner of his eye sealed the deal and gave him cause enough to leave to ask for....forgiveness? That would be too much, perhaps. Even he knew his distaste for what the Saiyans once were was hard to let go of. But whatever he was searching for, maybe it would grant him some peace of mind.

"Sarada," he commented a flying down over to where she was speaking. He almost didn't find the words. Almost. Can't freeze up on the free throw line. "I wanna join the starting line-up," he continued. "But maybe I should earn my spot, first. I never really had to ask permission before to join in on a fight, but I'd like to think it's up to you to say whether I deserve it or not. After all, it wasn't that long ago that I nearly helped let another monster lose on your people. But I...." he paused, taking a moment to press his shades up against the bridge of his nose. "...there's things to make up for."
    Sarada had sensed his energy once she got her feet under her and calmed down after her outburst. She didn't bother to approach him because she figured he would have left once she woke up to avoid any confrontation. Apparently, he wasn't as smart as she thought.

She hadn't forgotten how Lantro allied himself with those damned Tuffles and attacked Turrip. Her parents were nearly killed in that attack, so forgiveness wouldn't come easy. Yet, him even asking for it was surprising. Saiyans weren't ones to apologize, even if they knew they were wrong. His time in prison and on Vocado -- yes, Maiz told her that he was there from the moment he arrived -- must have changed his outlook on a lot of things.

He wanted to... join the starting lineup? She still didn't understand half of what he was talking about. "I'm assuming that means you want to fight for us against Tundra." She looked him up and down, her hardened gaze eventually settling on piercing through his dark shades. "Fine. The only reason I'm letting you is because we need all the help we can get. Whether I let you stick around depends on what happens. Understand that?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " It doesn't tell time, that's not a clock it's a timer. This bracelet will allow you to turn invisible for 10 minutes. The timer tells you how long you have left until the effect wears off," Praxat said.

" Oh, and I'm sorry for trying to make you come with me to my Lab. That was selfish of me. Oh, and I would like to train with you," Praxat said.

" I have been doing intense train for the past few years. Whatever you're thinking, I can assure I'm much stronger than you realize, Dash. So if you think I'm the same as I was three years ago? You're going to be in for a surprise," Praxat whispered.

Praxat takes off her boots, and her claws which before were dull are now razor-sharp. Praxat then does a few stretches and showcases uncanny flexibility. As she swiftly goes into a lot of unusual positions.

Praxat then goes back into a normal position as swiftly as she went into those positions.
    "Oh? And you made this?" Dash looked at the device with surprise and antipation to try it out.

Her revelry was broken when Praxat continued to talk. "Nah, it's fine. I'd love to come to see your lab, after all this is over."

When Praxat made her case to be her training partner, Dash realized she was being unfair to her. "Praxat, yeah, sure," she smiled, "Of course we can train togther."

"Oh? And you made this?" Dash looked at the device with surprise and antipation to try it out.

Her revelry was broken when Praxat continued to talk. "Nah, it's fine. I'd love to come to see your lab, after all this is over."

When Praxat made her case to be her training partner, Dash realized she was being unfair to her. "Praxat, yeah, sure," she smiled, "Of course we can train togther."
    "Thanks, Oh, I haven't told you this, but three years ago something terrible, happen in my life. Three years ago, my grandmother Araxat murder nearly all my siblings. Cyanna, Althena, and I were helpless to stop her. Not being able to stop my grandmother from murdering most of my siblings, was a shock to my system," Praxat whispered.

" It made me realize that I had to train hard and get stronger to protect those close to me. After that tragedy in my life happen. That's when I start to do intense training," Praxat whispered.

" Yeah, I made it. It uses Luue Radiation, and it's composed of composite Iridium Diamond. All you need to know about Luue Radiation is it is something I discovered three years ago," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 03-19-2020 at 11:50 PM.
    My Forum check it out

<snip>
    Nevanlinna reached out to take Sarada's hand, but hesitated for a moment. After a bit of thought, she formed a fist and instead fist-bumped the Queen. It was perhaps not an action befitting a royal, but it was something she'd picked up... somewhere. Probably the Saiyan worlds, but she couldn't quite say for certain.

"On the contrary... it was Threshling business, and thus, my business. I just happened to have come to the conclusion that Auroc's way of doing business is flawed. Fatally so, in his case... eventually, anyway," she said. "And besides that, it wouldn't do to simply... betray Seri's expectations of me by doing nothing."

Understandably, her young friend had a somewhat idealized view of her. She was no hero or paragon of virtue, by any measure, yet... she found that Seri's belief in her had pushed her towards being more... heroic, for lack of a better way of putting it. By no means did she fly about rescuing or helping people, but if an injustice were occurring before her, she simply couldn't ignore it, as she might have early in her travels.

"I may not be able to assist you with this Tundra individual, but you and the others are more than welcome to use Vaikuntha to prepare," she said. Truthfully, while she had gone around and familiarized herself with Vaikuntha's new inhabitants, she had not actually gotten a chance to train in that... modified bit of space-time Inanna had somehow set up.

...perhaps Auroc would not have seemed so formidable if she had. Ah, what was it they said about hindsight? That it's 20/20?