Page 56 of 371 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Durive threw a brick at her. Or more accurately in accurately tempting to launch one, he mistyped and accidentally threw himself at the Oni.
    Inanna's tail snaps up and swings the tiny... thing around front so she can eye it closely.

"That shiny sword, yours?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Parsley's Observational Focus informs her that each individual grain of sand is infused with the entity's 'Ki'... which certainly explained how seemingly normal sand could do all this seemed capable of.

Of course, her standing still and staring at the thing hardly went unnoticed; and a short time later a 'beam' of sand struck her broadside.
    Perhaps staring intensely during an active battle where there was only one other person to cover for her -- and that person was currently writing in pain some distance away -- wasn't the best idea. If she wasn't sure, the pain in her side certainly confirmed it. "Aaagh!" She managed to stay airborne, and narrowed her eyes. "All the grains of sand are infused with its energy," she told Sarada when she recovered and joined her in the air. "I should be able to drain it by touching the ground."

"Then do that. I'll cover you." With only a nod of confirmation from Parsley, Sarada charged ahead to face the sand elemental head on. Fists charged with ki, she let her finger glide across the ground before moving to unleash an unrelenting volley of punches and kicks on the elemental.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The flintlock shook, the flintlock shifted, and covered itself in a bright light. Dark clouds and gale force winds covered that area of the lookout alone as it took it only mere seconds for the light to wash over and reveal the swords true form.

The Masamune.

"IT SEEMS YOU WERE RIGHT, OLD FRIEND..." The sword spoke, it's voice booming and ancient. "IT SEEMS NONE LEFT HERE POSSESSES THE SOUL OF SWORD, THE HEART OF STEEL, NOR THE STRENGTH OF MINE TO RECEIVE MY BLESSING AND TUTELAGE!"

Durive, surprisingly respectful for once, bowed his head regretfully, tears streaming from his tiny eyes as a vortex opened up above in the sky, The Masamune slowly ascending into it, where it led, was anyone's guess.

"TAKE HEED HOWEVER, MY FRIEND. THE BLESSING OF THE SWORD WILL BE PASSED DOWN. AND THE LINEAGE OF THE ULTIMATE BUSHIDO WILL BE RESTORED! IF NOT THIS DAY, THAN ANOTHER..."
    As Praxat notices the sword and hears it's voice, something inside her sparks. She turns back towards the stand and approaches it. Praxat then gets on one knee as if to bow." I beg you, please mentor me in Swordsmanship," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    ****, that's right... he had two swords!

Withdrawing his rake, he spun it so that the head would come from below to meet the second strike. However, this time he activated one of the special abilities of the rake..

When I raise it, fire and light stream forth

...and the moment the rake met the strike and stopped moving, the ability activated, engulfing his foe in a twisting maelstrom of magic... ki?... magicki fire!

The rake was a pretty cumbersome weapon, all-in-all, and he hadn't mastered it by any stretch of the imagination, but one could pull off some pretty deadly trick (like this) with its fire and ice abilities.
    "HUUURAAAAGGGGGHHH!" was Ohknee's last cry of agony as he was hit point blank by the fire spiral. The gap in their power meant he was in no way able to withstand a magically enhanced ability like that. His ashes and dual swords fell to the ground, the latter landing on the beach with soft, barely audible thuds.

Just then, Skullos, Lord of the Edge emerged from the ocean to face Totoma. "You fashion yourself a hero? The weak are anxious for justice and equality!" He beat his chest with his fist. "The strong pay no heed to either. And if I somehow fall in battle this day, I shall face the gods and walk backwards into hell!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Inanna's tail snaps up and swings the tiny... thing around front so she can eye it closely.

"That shiny sword, yours?"
    Durive, making noises akin to unintelligible angry chirping, began to lash around, hoping to poke Inanna in the eye with his stick arms.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    As Praxat notices the sword and hears it's voice, something inside her sparks. She turns back towards the stand and approaches it. Praxat then gets on one knee as if to bow." I beg you, please mentor me in Swordsmanship," Praxat said.
    But alas a mishap has gone afoot! The Masamune had been grabbed by the Lookout' resident Oni. But no pact was made! Perhaps if the frog could communicate with the Oni this matter could be solved post haste.

As for the Masamune.

"ONE SUPPOSES ONE DAY COULD EASILY TAKE A MILLENIA..." it pondered in a tired tone of voice. "WHAT IS TIME TO ONE SUCH AS I...?"

Durive, making noises akin to unintelligible angry chirping, began to lash around, hoping to poke Inanna in the eye with his stick arms.
    Successful, Durive would find that Inanna barely cared, opting instead to squeeze the... thing, tighter and pull hold it slightly father away.

"What... even are you?"

But alas a mishap has gone afoot! The Masamune had been grabbed by the Lookout' resident Oni. But no pact was made! Perhaps if the frog could communicate with the Oni this matter could be solved post haste.

As for the Masamune.

"ONE SUPPOSES ONE DAY COULD EASILY TAKE A MILLENIA..." it pondered in a tired tone of voice. "WHAT IS TIME TO ONE SUCH AS I...?"
    "I mean I'm immortal, so..." Inanna replied, turning the shiny thing over in her hand. "You a spirit sword?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lantro, confused ever so slightly, formed an orb of ki in his hands and began to spin it atop his finger. "Lotta history here, even in this timeline, I see," he commented to Shochu. "Probably too much to get the full rundown. But how about a highlight reel? You've watched the tapes. What can this bastard do?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Numerous, but most importantly, immortal and energy absorption," She replied.

"Quite knowledgeable for a stranger... now that I think about it, you never gave me the courtesy of your name before attacking me."
    "Names don't matter in the end."

For all the grandstanding, Shōchū was uncertain about what action to take. Rex's power level had grown since the mountain incident, which meant that he had fully recovered and there was no telling if what he presented now was even the full capacity. Then there was the case of Charo's presence within. He, or rather, something resembling her cousin, had taken hold of Rex before, which left her initial plan of killing the beast on shaky grounds. Unfortunately, what she did know was that she could not let him do as he pleased, especially now that he was in prime condition to grown his power through consumption.

The naginata blade popped out of the head of her weapon and once more did she point it at the saurian, "What does matter is that I can not allow you to progress any further."

"Good. I was hoping it wouldn't take me long to find my next meal. Will it be a two-course meal?" Rex replied, glancing over Shōchū, then Lantro.

Successful, Durive would find that Inanna barely cared, opting instead to squeeze the... thing, tighter and pull hold it slightly father away.

"What... even are you?"
    At once, Durive stopped fidgeting and displayed two badges. One identifying him as chief of the GP, the other identifying him as chief of the Time Patrol. The diminutive creature looked rather proud of himself.

"I mean I'm immortal, so..." Inanna replied, turning the shiny thing over in her hand. "You a spirit sword?"
    "A SPIRIT OF THE SWORD WOULD BE MORE PRECISE!" The Masamune answered. "I AM TIRED OF BATTLE MYSELF, BUT I SEEK TO PASS ON MY GREAT KNOWLEDGE TO OTHERS SO THAT THE LEGACY OF ULTIMATE BUSHIDO MAY CONTINUE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "HUUURAAAAGGGGGHHH!" was Ohknee's last cry of agony as he was hit point blank by the fire spiral. The gap in their power meant he was in no way able to withstand a magically enhanced ability like that. His ashes and dual swords fell to the ground, the latter landing on the beach with soft, barely audible thuds.

Just then, Skullos, Lord of the Edge emerged from the ocean to face Totoma. "You fashion yourself a hero? The weak are anxious for justice and equality!" He beat his chest with his fist. "The strong pay no heed to either. And if I somehow fall in battle this day, I shall face the gods and walk backwards into hell!"
    The nine-toothed rake returned to its bangle form, and Totoma turned to face Skullos. It seems he really did live up to his title 'lord of edge', but in a way that was, uh... metaphorical or whatever. More importantly, it seems like he'd overestimated these three.

"I do fashion myself a hero," he said, crossing his arms. "This universe is one where the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. I may not be the strongest there is, but I'm sure as hell stronger than you. And what I will is to strike down those would inflict pain and suffering upon those just trying to live their lives in peace!"

With that, his aura flared, and Totoma shot at Skullos, aiming a vicious kick at the edgelord's stomach.

The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Names don't matter in the end."

For all the grandstanding, Shōchū was uncertain about what action to take. Rex's power level had grown since the mountain incident, which meant that he had fully recovered and there was no telling if what he presented now was even the full capacity. Then there was the case of Charo's presence within. He, or rather, something resembling her cousin, had taken hold of Rex before, which left her initial plan of killing the beast on shaky grounds. Unfortunately, what she did know was that she could not let him do as he pleased, especially now that he was in prime condition to grown his power through consumption.

The naginata blade popped out of the head of her weapon and once more did she point it at the saurian, "What does matter is that I can not allow you to progress any further."

"Good. I was hoping it wouldn't take me long to find my next meal. Will it be a two-course meal?" Rex replied, glancing over Shōchū, then Lantro.
    "Meal...heh," Lantro smirked. "Hadn't you heard, Mon-star? Concession stand's closed. But a pick-up game isn't out of the question!" Lantro grinned, beginning to power up.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"I'm stronger than the Super Saiyans I know." Inanna said casually, before sighing. "Sounds like I've wasted my time, and made the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals."

After all... of all the Oni that had resurfaced this side of Otherworld. Three were dead beyond salvaging, and the last remaining- Nunlil- wasn't pure of heart. Hell, neither was Inanna.

"Not seeing the Oni requirement being met anytime soon. Hell, I'm technically not even an Oni, anymore." A mix of Demon, Arcosian, and Namekian had seen to that... all thanks to her innate Oni curiosity. With another sigh, the Oni had one final question to ask before leaving and while it was a longshot... it'd worked once before.

"Would a catalyst circumvent the requirement. More specifically, concentrated Creation."
    “Lampton thinks pure-hearted is more in the beholder’s mind, personally.”

He taps his chin again.

“A significant dose of Creational energy could circumvent some of the needed requirements, Lampton thinks.”

Sheki’hinah raises a hand.

“I would volunteer for the ritual. As her mother, would I qualify?”

Lampton nods.

“A significant enough connection, yes. That would work.”

Sheki’hinah looks at Inanna.

“Ereshkigal would also be willing to volunteer. Myself, Eresh, Nunlil perhaps and maybe...what about your older brother?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

At once, Durive stopped fidgeting and displayed two badges. One identifying him as chief of the GP, the other identifying him as chief of the Time Patrol. The diminutive creature looked rather proud of himself.
    "I hate both of those things," Inanna said without missing a beat. "Though I suppose this explains a lot..." As if checking for a pulse, Inanna then began to violently shake Durive with her tail.

"So tell me where you got the sword, buddy."

"A SPIRIT OF THE SWORD WOULD BE MORE PRECISE!" The Masamune answered. "I AM TIRED OF BATTLE MYSELF, BUT I SEEK TO PASS ON MY GREAT KNOWLEDGE TO OTHERS SO THAT THE LEGACY OF ULTIMATE BUSHIDO MAY CONTINUE!"
    "Bull... shitto?" Inanna asked, before attempting to liquify the blade. "How ultimate we talking, and be quick about it."

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Lampton thinks pure-hearted is more in the beholder’s mind, personally.”

He taps his chin again.

“A significant dose of Creational energy could circumvent some of the needed requirements, Lampton thinks.”

Sheki’hinah raises a hand.

“I would volunteer for the ritual. As her mother, would I qualify?”

Lampton nods.

“A significant enough connection, yes. That would work.”

Sheki’hinah looks at Inanna.

“Ereshkigal would also be willing to volunteer. Myself, Eresh, Nunlil perhaps and maybe...what about your older brother?”
    Inanna snaps her fingers, and a bullet manifests between then, and with a smile the golden-eyed woman says. "A bullet of creation, from Sihn's revolver. Got enough?"

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Inanna snaps her fingers, and a bullet manifests between then, and with a smile the golden-eyed woman says. "A bullet of creation, from Sihn's revolver. Got enough?"
    Lampton gingerly floats the bullet over to get a better look at it.

“Lampton sees it is from a Goddess of Creation herself. Potent. No wonder old Sihn is so dangerous.”

He glances at Inanna.

“Possibly. It is a close thing, Lampton thinks. For the ritual it would suffice presuming you got at least three or four other Oni. Mind you the ritual power-up only lasts about ten to fifteen minutes at most before you’ll burn through the power. Though......Lampton could possibly delay the true activation to when you confront Auroc.”

He floats it back to her.

“As to naturally getting to that level.....after Auroc is dealt with, after you been exposed to the ritualistic version, Lampton thinks he could possibly train you to that level. Though to be honest....Lampton isn’t sure what you will be once you achieve that level. Not an Oni. Not whatever hybrid you are now. Something......better, Lampton thinks.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"I hate both of those things," Inanna said without missing a beat. "Though I suppose this explains a lot..." As if checking for a pulse, Inanna then began to violently shake Durive with her tail.

"So tell me where you got the sword, buddy."

"Bull... shitto?" Inanna asked, before attempting to liquify the blade. "How ultimate we talking, and be quick about it."
    Praxat gets up and swiftly turns towards Inanna's direction and points at her." Stop that right now, and drop the sword and the officer. That sword is not yours to have, So you can not do with it as you please. The Spirit of that sword's words resonate with me," Praxat said.

" Its words sparked something inside me. Spirit of this sword, I seek your mentoring in swordsmanship," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel