Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 401
  1. #76
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( I'm not liking the feeling of this, everything is too quiet!) Praxat thought. Praxat suppresses her Ki, turns on her goggles' X-Ray vision, and searches for a way inside.
    X-Ray vision doesnít seem to work, oddly.

    She does see an open window in the back though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #77
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash summons her spider armor, just in case, then makes her way deeper into the building. As she moves in, she uses her other senses to find her way around. Her hand carefully brushes along a wall as she focuses on sight and sound as best she can.

    Having spent enough time in here, for one reason or another, she was familiar with the layout and knew where she needed to go.
    Before she gets too far inside she does sense Praxat and Shōchū outside though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #78
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The varied history of the domed building filled her databases, giving her access to floor plans, wiring schematics, plumbing grids, and security system details, all of which could be rendered outdated in a short few hours if Jinzi grew inspired. What it didn't tell her was of any of the occupants within, leaving her to conclude that the headquarters of a worldwide organization and home to several of the higher-ups was just... empty. An indication alerted her of someone entering and her enhanced sight and database of the M Fighters identified this one was Dash. Shōchū had never properly introduced herself to Horse clanswoman and vice versa, but there were more important matters than the hierarchy of acquaintances.

    Entering the building through the same open window, she glanced around, scanning the interior environment. Although keeping track of Dash's estimated location within the facility, Shōchū figured that they would cover more ground if they went on separate search routes.
    Dash is pretty much about fifty feet away, and outside Shōchū can also sense Praxat.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #79
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Half go down, but the other six manage to either block or free themselves.
    It worked about half as well as Avoca had hoped. Still, six down and six to go was far more manageable than what she was dealing with just a few seconds ago. As the six survivors roused themselves and prepared to attack her again, she charged her hands with crimson energy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The second thing is that in the spot where Sarada was swallowed, the illusion Auroc has created around her vanishes, revealing Sarada has been there the entire time. Still unconscious, still glowing with that faint barrier aura, but there nonetheless.
    Sarada?! Avoca saw her get swallowed up by a portal of some kind by that blob thing with her own eyes. She swore that she was gone, but there she was right there.

    This dreadful, awful situation suddenly got a lot brighter. They had a chance of stopping Auroc from doing whatever it was that he wanted to do. But with Parsley still fighting one of those knights and Inanna charging up whatever that massive attack was, it was up to her.

    And she had an idea.





    As the battle raged on, a familiar golden streak shot in from over the horizon. Sarada stopped on a dime, furious eyes scanning the action down below to gain a better perspective of what was going on. When she noticed Auroc in the short distance, she growled and roared. "AUROC!!!!!!!!" she bellowed as her supreme Super Saiyan power flared like an out of control aura. "YOUR FIGHT IS WITH ME YOU COWARD!"

    She erupted into motion, barreling toward the Majin God like an out-of-control freight train.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,594

    Default In a Galaxy far, far away, and much more boring...

    Held sat as his desk, sighing deeply.

    It had been months since Held had returned home after what seemed like Eons. The tearful reunions, the partying, the pardons, the awards....They all faded away in the recesses of his mind, covered behind mountains of paper work.

    Nero Garthin---The Prime Minister of Nevada--had made him an Ambassador to not only Earth, but the galaxy at large. His exploits in battle had reached even the remote depths of space that Nevada found itself in, and what was once a privateer in command of a single ship, now found himself as an Admiral, commanding an entire Armada if he deemed it so.

    His ranking in the Merchants Guild--Thanks in no small part to his seemingly endless wealth--had propelled him to the upper echelons of power in that group as well. In one fell swoop, Held Debon went from Renegade destroyer of worlds to exonerated ultra elite, able to wage war at a whim.

    His office was gilded, ornate gold and silver, artifacts of all sorts, expensive drinks....It was breathtaking to behold, perhaps rivaling his abode on Earth, or the planet closest to it that he kept another home.

    If looks were everything, Held would truly be satisfied.

    But if one looked close enough, the melancholy that affected him was not far beneath the surface.

    "Resource Allotment..." Held muttered glumly, looking through a fist length stack of papers stapled together, "...Do they really need that much manpower and munitions for a simple exploration mission?"

    He sighed.

    "I guess it is close enough to Saiyan territory to warrant some precautions, but it's uncharted space, and Sarada isn't really chomping at the bit to expand."

    He took out a pen, before scribbling a note requesting a detailed reasoning for their sizable request and concrete proof of their concerns.

    He tossed that one into a pile of other reports.

    "Let's see...." He turned, looking at the wall on his planner, hoping to find something somewhat interesting, for a change. He was disappointed.

    "Brief the council on the Threshlings...Easier said than done, I haven't actually fought one since Auroc, and I can't exactly just invited Luop and Neva for a friendly chat about these sorts of things, can I?"

    Well, I probably could, but I should maybe get more situated into this gig before then. Not to mention, we're so far from the space they're after it's technically not an immediate priority..

    "....Handle a dispute between the Merchants Guild on Axotol and a band of Raiders....Well, I guess that's interesting, but--Oh. I'm supposed to choose who actually goes to handle that."

    All that time Training on that hellish planet, and this is what I get to do now? What a waste...Then again, Crazy Horn is complete now, so I guess it was worth it, even if I did die a few dozen times...

    "Even for me, it feels a bit off to send someone to handle things in my stead..."

    His thoughts briefly drifted to the Red Raiders, and then to Earth. Someone--Eva, maybe?--had sent out a summons for him and the others, but the Nevadian was far, far, too busy to attend, unfortunately. There were formidable warriors on earth, or so invested in the planet to the point the Nevadian was outright redundant in a sense.

    Events had unfolded so quickly here, that Held couldn't even remember if he had sent a response to the summoning. It was unlikely to matter either way, but Held was nothing if not considerate, especially to Eva of all people. It would irk him if he realized he had forgotten to respond entirely.

    "...Attend a fundraiser for the Nevada Expansion Project....."

    Held sighed in boredom and frustration. "Dear Kami."

    Held turned to his left, looking over the mountain of papers.

    "And why the hell isn't this all on a data pad?! We're one of the most technologically advanced races in the galaxy and I'm being tortured like this?! No wonder my predecessor went insane...Then again, he was the one who insisted on getting all of his tasks done in this manner."

  6. #81
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Before she gets too far inside she does sense Praxat and Shōchū outside though.
    Her body went still for a moment, Praxat, of all people, was here as well. A slight smile played briefly with a more serious countenance. The more serious one won out. She thought about waiting fro her, but decided it's best to press forward towards the entrance to the underground facility.

    With another step she hesitated once more. Another was also nearby, someone vaguely familiar but not enough to identify. Was this person friend or foe? Seeing as how they were outside, Dash could only assume that whomever it was, they were not the cause of this mischief.

    Setting it aside, she once again pressed forward, using her memory of the layout of the building to work her way through it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    X-Ray vision doesn’t seem to work, oddly.

    She does see an open window in the back though.
    Praxat goes through the open window and then uses her sensitive hearing to infrasound. To focus on individual heartbeats and breathing. With the lights being off, Praxat's eyes give off a bluish glow under her goggles. Praxat attaches herself to the ceiling and stealthily crawls across it.

    Using her familiarity with the layout of Capsule Corp to make her way towards the entrance to the underground facility.

  8. #83
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    It misses.

    Barely. He manages to pull husband head away to where it only digs in two inches into his neck and throat.
    Parsley let out a frustrated growl. "You're hanging on by the skin of your teeth, slave," she gritted. She pivoted her foot and shifted slightly to give herself an opening. Channeling her ki into her ax's blade, she swung down to take off one of his arms.

  9. #84
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Knight stumbles, seemingly not expecting this. He gets blasted back by her mouth beam now.

    Oh, and she can sense Sarada again suddenly.
    The moment after Inanna's stomp, the beam she fired from her mouth to keep the Knight at bay cut off suddenly. No need now for keep away, now that she was done ... and there was only one thing left to do, with the energy pilfered from a dying world.

    Give it back.

    Ignoring the Knight for now, Inanna set her sights on Auroc. Though before she cast the massive sphere that would surely annihilate the planet and everything currently standing upon it. A familiar - if weak - signature caused her to stop mid-throw.

    Sarada was ... still here ?

    Which meant that if she followed through, her wife would die as well ... and that simply wouldn't do. So with little on the way of options but knowing well what'd happen if she didn't; Inanna grit her teeth and absorbed the bomb into her special arm.

    "How painful ..."

    Not eager to leave this thing burning - for the limb could only contain so much for so long - the golden-eyed woman barreled into the staggered night. Careful to not strike him with the arm set to discharge its world-sundering payload.

    "Hate to make this quick, but I've your God to kill."
    ""Bead War threw evil emission... f."

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    They all but one ignore him, intent on aiding their God.

    The one that doesnít flies directly at him.
    "Going right for the ball...your coach taught you well," Lantro nodded, in respect. "However...NEGA-DUNK!" Lantro raises a hand as a spherical chunk of ki-enhanced earth rushes up out of the ground and heads towards the group of Knights who had shot past him. If it connected, would explode on contact. Meanwhile Lantro takes a fighting stance to confront the one Knight rushing towards him. "Always keep your wits about you on the court."

  11. #86
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It worked about half as well as Avoca had hoped. Still, six down and six to go was far more manageable than what she was dealing with just a few seconds ago. As the six survivors roused themselves and prepared to attack her again, she charged her hands with crimson energy.



    Sarada?! Avoca saw her get swallowed up by a portal of some kind by that blob thing with her own eyes. She swore that she was gone, but there she was right there.

    This dreadful, awful situation suddenly got a lot brighter. They had a chance of stopping Auroc from doing whatever it was that he wanted to do. But with Parsley still fighting one of those knights and Inanna charging up whatever that massive attack was, it was up to her.

    And she had an idea.





    As the battle raged on, a familiar golden streak shot in from over the horizon. Sarada stopped on a dime, furious eyes scanning the action down below to gain a better perspective of what was going on. When she noticed Auroc in the short distance, she growled and roared. "AUROC!!!!!!!!" she bellowed as her supreme Super Saiyan power flared like an out of control aura. "YOUR FIGHT IS WITH ME YOU COWARD!"

    She erupted into motion, barreling toward the Majin God like an out-of-control freight train.
    He ignores her, distracted as he is by Nevalinna at the moment.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #87
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Her body went still for a moment, Praxat, of all people, was here as well. A slight smile played briefly with a more serious countenance. The more serious one won out. She thought about waiting fro her, but decided it's best to press forward towards the entrance to the underground facility.

    With another step she hesitated once more. Another was also nearby, someone vaguely familiar but not enough to identify. Was this person friend or foe? Seeing as how they were outside, Dash could only assume that whomever it was, they were not the cause of this mischief.

    Setting it aside, she once again pressed forward, using her memory of the layout of the building to work her way through it.
    The front reception area is abandoned, and what looks like ki blast char marks lay upon the desk there.

    Behind it lays a ruined robot, one of CCís maintenance droids.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #88
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat goes through the open window and then uses her sensitive hearing to infrasound. To focus on individual heartbeats and breathing. With the lights being off, Praxat's eyes give off a bluish glow under her goggles. Praxat attaches herself to the ceiling and stealthily crawls across it.

    Using her familiarity with the layout of Capsule Corp to make her way towards the entrance to the underground facility.
    Working her way through on the ceiling, heading to the entrance to the Geofront under CC, Praxat sees ruined CC droids and kinblast char marks in various places.

    She also finds the first few bodies. Burned by ki blasts and beyond recognition.

    She also discovers a beheaded Threshlings, dressed in a shimmery black material that makes it almost invisible to regular eyesight.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #89
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley let out a frustrated growl. "You're hanging on by the skin of your teeth, slave," she gritted. She pivoted her foot and shifted slightly to give herself an opening. Channeling her ki into her ax's blade, she swung down to take off one of his arms.
    Only for a lance of silver energy (about an inch thick) to slam down from very high above, parting clouds as it streams down and punches through their shoulder, spinning her around and making her miss her chop.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hellís Brigade; 01-11-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #90
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The moment after Inanna's stomp, the beam she fired from her mouth to keep the Knight at bay cut off suddenly. No need now for keep away, now that she was done ... and there was only one thing left to do, with the energy pilfered from a dying world.

    Give it back.

    Ignoring the Knight for now, Inanna set her sights on Auroc. Though before she cast the massive sphere that would surely annihilate the planet and everything currently standing upon it. A familiar - if weak - signature caused her to stop mid-throw.

    Sarada was ... still here ?

    Which meant that if she followed through, her wife would die as well ... and that simply wouldn't do. So with little on the way of options but knowing well what'd happen if she didn't; Inanna grit her teeth and absorbed the bomb into her special arm.

    "How painful ..."

    Not eager to leave this thing burning - for the limb could only contain so much for so long - the golden-eyed woman barreled into the staggered night. Careful to not strike him with the arm set to discharge its world-sundering payload.

    "Hate to make this quick, but I've your God to kill."
    The knight is completely off guard and open as she barrels into him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •