Page 64 of 371 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A deep chuckle and acknowledgement answers her back. Durga and she had only communicated twice since gaining the ability Haden taught her, but that old sibling connection and love still lived on. Her older brother had been thrilled to speak with her again, and seemed happy to see her in person.
    It was good to hear his voice, and his amusement in the end; and when the conversation was finished Inanna turned towards Shek'hinah and smiled. "All yours."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The moment Dash passed through the portal, Pinach closed it, once again separating Earth and Ruco. In the end, it felt like they accomplished nothing. The civilians had been saved, only to possibly be killed on Langal when Letchee fired that blast. Not only that, but two extremely powerful and furious enemies were also on Ruco with the remainder of the Saiyan soldiers. He felt horrible for stranding them, but he knew that they could take care of themselves. And if not... then they'd have to use the dragonballs to bring them back.

He swallowed and rose to his feet. The Just Saiyan was sprawled on the floor. He didn't know what he had done to raise his power so high, but it was clear it took a serious toll on his body. They would both need some serious rest and recuperation before they even thought about going into the RoSaT for six months of training.

He turned to Dash and Erosa and bowed. "Thanks for helping me. You guys could have been killed, but you still fought as hard as you could. Are you guys okay?"
    "Coulda been killed is becoming typical Erosa thing..." Erosa let her butt drop unceremoniously on the floor and took a deep breath. "Erosa wanna say we did good.....but all we did was beat up cannon fodder nibblets and let the main course get away. Not best showing for Erosa....." The Id let a sigh escape before slumping onto her back. "Always bigger meal in the universe....Ero."

There! Sarada found the weakness in the moving mountain -- a line of stone running up one of its arms. From what she could tell, that was its weakest point.

Perfect.

She closed in, a ball of ki forming in one of her hands that she planned on blasting its arm with. With hope, that would destroy the rest of it, or at least destroy one of its arms and put it at a disadvantage. Then again, if that sandcastle was any indication, this one would just heal from it.

She moved, only for the Mountain to punch the ground, upending it and sending a massive cloud of debris everywhere. Camouflage. A green barrier formed around her, then she flew directly into the cloud. She already knew the Mountain was going to attack her with her now blinded. She would have been much more comfortable with a stronger barrier, but she didn't know how to layer them. A good thing, in the end; layering barriers would have too overpowered.
    Interestingly enough, Cloche did not try to immediately attack... Sarada heard it shift and groan as it moved; but no torrent of stones or mass upheaval. At least until Sarada got close. Peerless Instinct still active, she dodged it before she knew what it was; two building-sized hands coming together to clap; but the shockwave that resulted was unavoidable. Barrier buckling from the shockwave, but barely managing to hold together, the whipped detritus and dust that had resulted from Cloche's slamming of the ground now made a bit more sense; as the force of the gigantic elemental's clap turned it all into a shockwave of shrapnel. Which itself wasted no time in shredding the Saiyan's reasonably powerful barrier.

And unfortunately for her, she could sense it was getting ready to repeat the process.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    She crossed her arms. "Alright, the day's here. Now, before we try anything drastic and fun, let's see if you can just... brute force it, like I did. You've seen me transform plenty of times by now, so I figure even without the unique advantages I had, with your ki aptitude, you might be able to pull it off!" It was a distinct possibility... the transformation really wasn't that difficult once one knew how.
    The next month passed quickly. Once she was used to having no actual indicator for what time it was, she grew accustomed to waking up and falling asleep at approximately the same time each day. The schedule being consistent with no deviations helped a lot. Training days were full throttle from beginning to end. Avoca could feel herself growing stronger even during individual days. In the beginning, it was difficult to keep up with Tasure's pace. Over time, she found herself able to push the older Saiyanness closer and closer to her max without taxing herself as much.

She also found that she was better able to utilize the three techniques taught to her by the Triumvirate. Not to the point that she could improve them like she wanted and planned to, but it didn't take as long to get them started.

The off days were spent talking and meditating to improve her concentration. She also spent her downtime thinking about Parsley and her kids. The former she was certain was fine in that weird other dimension she kept talking about. Those two brats, on the other hand... she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Maybe it was her motherly intuition or she was just worrying over nothing, but it was hard to ignore. As the days went on, that feeling got stronger and stronger.

Ugh. It's not distracting me during training, but it's getting hard to relax.

Turned out Tasure was getting the same feeling about her boy. Something was definitely up, in that case. She only hoped that they were alright. And had stayed far the hell away from Ruco. Though, she had a feeling that Totoma character was right in the middle of things. If he was anything like what Pinach and Rutuba kept babbling about, his "heroic sense of justice" wouldn't let him stay away.

Feh.

It would only get him killed.

She would have said not her son, not her problem, but they had gotten about as close as two Saiyans could get over this month, so her feelings had softened a little.

Finally, it was time for her ascend. Learning Hitozaru was fine, but this would put her in rarefied air. There were only, by her count, four Super Saiyans in the entire universe. Out of over thirty million. If that wasn't the epitome of Ultra Elite, she didn't know what was.

"Okay. Brute force it." Tasure told her at one point that she managed to force it by focusing on a tingling sensation on her back. Which, as she told her, was the stupidest thing she had ever heard in her entire life. And having partaken in a fifteen year friendship with Sarada, she had heard a lot of stupid **** over the years.

"Okay."

She closed her eyes and tried to find that tingling feeling on her back that Tasure talked about. She focused, really concentrated as hard as she could. She felt about as dumb as she thought she looked. After about five minutes of straining, she gave up. "Okay, I tried, but can't find it. Guess we'll have to do it the old fashioned way."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Coulda been killed is becoming typical Erosa thing..." Erosa let her butt drop unceremoniously on the floor and took a deep breath. "Erosa wanna say we did good.....but all we did was beat up cannon fodder nibblets and let the main course get away. Not best showing for Erosa....." The Id let a sigh escape before slumping onto her back. "Always bigger meal in the universe....Ero."
    Pinach frowned. "But now that you know there are stronger people out there, that should give you the drive to train even harder! Then, when you fight them again, you'll win!" Or, at least that was how every Saiyan to have ever lived went about it.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Interestingly enough, Cloche did not try to immediately attack... Sarada heard it shift and groan as it moved; but no torrent of stones or mass upheaval. At least until Sarada got close. Peerless Instinct still active, she dodged it before she knew what it was; two building-sized hands coming together to clap; but the shockwave that resulted was unavoidable. Barrier buckling from the shockwave, but barely managing to hold together, the whipped detritus and dust that had resulted from Cloche's slamming of the ground now made a bit more sense; as the force of the gigantic elemental's clap turned it all into a shockwave of shrapnel. Which itself wasted no time in shredding the Saiyan's reasonably powerful barrier.

And unfortunately for her, she could sense it was getting ready to repeat the process.
    The thunderclap was unexpected, but she managed to dodge that well enough. However, she learned that this thing was capable of strategic planning, as the reason for the seemingly random ground pound was revealed the next instant. The debris was turned into shrapnel by the thunderclap, and shredded through her shield like it was a balloon. It was then that she regretted not learning how to layer her shields.

She could feel it gearing up to do it again.

**** again.

It was no or never. She didn't think she going to be able to survive another one of those claps and the shrapnel cloud that would quickly follow. She had her moment; she needed to seize it.

She dove into the cloud again, letting her instincts guide her to the right place. Then, she thrust her arm out and slammed the energy blast into the weak vein of stone on its arm.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The moment Dash passed through the portal, Pinach closed it, once again separating Earth and Ruco. In the end, it felt like they accomplished nothing. The civilians had been saved, only to possibly be killed on Langal when Letchee fired that blast. Not only that, but two extremely powerful and furious enemies were also on Ruco with the remainder of the Saiyan soldiers. He felt horrible for stranding them, but he knew that they could take care of themselves. And if not... then they'd have to use the dragonballs to bring them back.

He swallowed and rose to his feet. The Just Saiyan was sprawled on the floor. He didn't know what he had done to raise his power so high, but it was clear it took a serious toll on his body. They would both need some serious rest and recuperation before they even thought about going into the RoSaT for six months of training.

He turned to Dash and Erosa and bowed. "Thanks for helping me. You guys could have been killed, but you still fought as hard as you could. Are you guys okay?"
    Leaning against a wall to steady herself, her armor gone, replaced by her normal training clothes, Dash looked to Pinach, "Don't worry 'bout me. You did what you had to do, an you were right. Ah didn't realize how high the stakes were til we got there." Pushing herself upright, but looking tired, "Ah'd better go get Kai or Eva. As soon as she get's back, you'd better be ready to tell her everything. Oh, and don't worry about what happened. Maybe the blast didn't do that much damage, or maybe we can bring them back with the Dragon balls, ah hope."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Pinach frowned. "But now that you know there are stronger people out there, that should give you the drive to train even harder! Then, when you fight them again, you'll win!" Or, at least that was how every Saiyan to have ever lived went about it.
    "You know kid, ah sometimes wish humans like me had whatever it is that keeps you getting stronger an stronger. Not many races are like that." Dash gave him a resigned look, "Ah ain't hit my limit yet, but a guy like that, his power level was off the scale."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Leaning against a wall to steady herself, her armor gone, replaced by her normal training clothes, Dash looked to Pinach, "Don't worry 'bout me. You did what you had to do, an you were right. Ah didn't realize how high the stakes were til we got there." Pushing herself upright, but looking tired, "Ah'd better go get Kai or Eva. As soon as she get's back, you'd better be ready to tell her everything. Oh, and don't worry about what happened. Maybe the blast didn't do that much damage, or maybe we can bring them back with the Dragon balls, ah hope."
    "You know kid, ah sometimes wish humans like me had whatever it is that keeps you getting stronger an stronger. Not many races are like that." Dash gave him a resigned look, "Ah ain't hit my limit yet, but a guy like that, his power level was off the scale."
    "We Saiyans get a lot stronger than other races do every time we fight. And we get big power ups every time we heal from a near death injury." That, plus transformations like Super Saiyan, put them ahead of the rest of the races when it came to fighting and anything combat related. Plus, they could pick up new techniques freakishly fast; most, like Parsley, could pick them up by just seeing them once. "I'm sure there's something that makes humans unique in the universe. I don't know what, but there's something."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"We Saiyans get a lot stronger than other races do every time we fight. And we get big power ups every time we heal from a near death injury." That, plus transformations like Super Saiyan, put them ahead of the rest of the races when it came to fighting and anything combat related. Plus, they could pick up new techniques freakishly fast; most, like Parsley, could pick them up by just seeing them once. "I'm sure there's something that makes humans unique in the universe. I don't know what, but there's something."
    "To be honest, neither do ah. Though, if'n ah'd say it was anythin, mostly it's that we're, how should ah say it," Dash screwed up her face slightly in thought, before responding, "stubborn, willful, adaptable, an often creative. There have probably been more schools of Martial Arts on Earth than on most planets." She then smirked, "An a whole lot of fightin and bickerin between them. Just ask Zaofan or Ochazuke. Even within my clan, the one school split into two over the dumbest of reasons, though ah think they see that now."

She then smiled, "Even so, occasionally it just leads to even better Martial Arts skills."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat stays silent with her usual blank expression and. After a moment of silence, Praxat turns and looks straight at Frogspierre. " I guess you will be the one to mentor me in Swordsmanship?" Praxat said.
    Praxat walks to Frogspierre and takes the sword off her back, still in its sheath. She then kneels down as she puts her sword to the ground. ( Please accept me as your disciple," Praxat said.

Praxat has to hold her sword by the sheath due to its length.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The thunderclap was unexpected, but she managed to dodge that well enough. However, she learned that this thing was capable of strategic planning, as the reason for the seemingly random ground pound was revealed the next instant. The debris was turned into shrapnel by the thunderclap, and shredded through her shield like it was a balloon. It was then that she regretted not learning how to layer her shields.

She could feel it gearing up to do it again.

**** again.

It was no or never. She didn't think she going to be able to survive another one of those claps and the shrapnel cloud that would quickly follow. She had her moment; she needed to seize it.

She dove into the cloud again, letting her instincts guide her to the right place. Then, she thrust her arm out and slammed the energy blast into the weak vein of stone on its arm.
    Sarada's instincts allowed her to strike true, despite blinding cloud and death-to-be; and an age old question- "what is the sound of one hand clapping"- was finally answered:

Disappointment, and angry groaning.

The energy, once seeded, coursed the length of the vein of weak earth, and caused a rather impressive explosion.... that successfully managed to ruin the arm beyond use, at least for the moment. Though despite the success of the blow; Sarada would find herself in dire straits as Cloche began flailing about. Millions of pounds of stone, and soil attempting to send her heavenward just like her sister.

And... ever so slowly, Sarada was able to hear- more than see- what sounded like stone traveling upwards. Clearly the beast was attempting to rebuild the arm.

Arx Inosaan

"To be honest, neither do ah. Though, if'n ah'd say it was anythin, mostly it's that we're, how should ah say it," Dash screwed up her face slightly in thought, before responding, "stubborn, willful, adaptable, an often creative. There have probably been more schools of Martial Arts on Earth than on most planets." She then smirked, "An a whole lot of fightin and bickerin between them. Just ask Zaofan or Ochazuke. Even within my clan, the one school split into two over the dumbest of reasons, though ah think they see that now."

She then smiled, "Even so, occasionally it just leads to even better Martial Arts skills."
    "See, that's something. You guys could all become martial arts masters. That's something even the Saiyans can claim." Mainly because most concentrated on gaining more power and strength than refining their hand to hand technique.

"Sarada told me Earth has a lot of fighting schools. We don't have one on Vocado. Everyone just makes up their own style."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I NEED A WIELDER WORTHY ENOUGH TO SHOWCASE MY BATTLE TECHNIQUE! SOMEONE WHO HAS DEDICATED THEIR LIFE TO THE BLADE! BRAVE, UNWAVERING IN IDEALS! PNE WHO NEVER GIVES UP IN THE FACE OF DANGER AND NEVER ABANDONS THEIR ALLIES! ...and also I AM AFTER ALL, A SWORD! I CANNOT SWING MYSELF!"

As the blade conversed, a targeting reticle briefly flashed over Inanna and the two Toadian's location and then vanished.
    For a moment, Inanna fancied she spied the little Cardboard Creature atop one of the Lookout's many buildings... and yet, was it merely a trick of the light? "Ah... no matter." The sword had begun screaming again, something something something 'I can't swing myself' or some such; and hey there's a thought.

Taking a casual stance, Inanna lifted the sword that her thicc ass had been resting against and swung it.

"So I'm swinging you now, using a form that was lost to time 100,000 years before. What makes your form better?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Earth:

"I....See." Frogspierre replied slowly, somewhat unsure as how to respond to the colorful language used to describe an attraction the tall horned woman once had for Held.

"I had taken him for a man who is avaricious in every sense of the word....The mansion he built alone is a testament to excess and poor restraint..I not have expected a man like that to see any reason to refuse your advance."

He glanced to the sword, his curiosity in full bloom. The power that had drawn him near, hid like a frightened child? Disappointing.

"But perhaps it simply was the impulsive decisions of a foolish man... It's no wonder he was toyed with as he was."
    Inanna, who was at this point putting the blade through its paces as she would've a Moonguard blade, simply glanced at Frogspierre and smirked. "I think he knew I'd break him... little thing. So eager. It would've been cute~" the golden-eyed woman chuckled softly. "Ah well. I've got a wife now; and I love her terribly. No need now for boy-toys who know how to handle a shaft~"

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    For a moment, Inanna fancied she spied the little Cardboard Creature atop one of the Lookout's many buildings... and yet, was it merely a trick of the light? "Ah... no matter." The sword had begun screaming again, something something something 'I can't swing myself' or some such; and hey there's a thought.

Taking a casual stance, Inanna lifted the sword that her thicc ass had been resting against and swung it.

"So I'm swinging you now, using a form that was lost to time 100,000 years before. What makes your form better?"
    "BAH! AGE MATTERS NOT! IT IS THE DEDICATION PUT INTO THE TRAINING, THE HEART?! YOU CERTAINLY HAVE THE CUNNING AND THE GUILE DOWN, AT LEAST. NOT TO MENTION THE POWER, BUT THE SOUL OF SWORD OS NOT THERE! ONE MUST HAVE DEDICATED THEIR LIFE TO THE BLADE, NOT SUDDENLY HAVE DECIDED TO MASTER IT ON A WHIM!" Muramasa ranted. "NOW, IF YOU PLEASE, CAN YOU SET ME DOWN ONCE MORE? I ENJOYED THE CUSHIONING!"

Durive emerged out of hiding out of sheer confusion. Drawing g forth a paper with three labels reading, "Point A", "Point B", and "Point C." With a marker, he crossed out "Point B," leaving one to wonder how one could leap from "Point A" to "Point B" and more importantly why and EVEN MORE importantly, how?

Perhaps there were entire beings immune to the concept of linear time in which case that was more than a simple stapled citation. And if there were, someone would have to answer for them. Most likely the ball lady, but that would happen later.