Page 65 of 371 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "BAH! AGE MATTERS NOT! IT IS THE DEDICATION PUT INTO THE TRAINING, THE HEART?! YOU CERTAINLY HAVE THE CUNNING AND THE GUILE DOWN, AT LEAST. NOT TO MENTION THE POWER, BUT THE SOUL OF SWORD OS NOT THERE! ONE MUST HAVE DEDICATED THEIR LIFE TO THE BLADE, NOT SUDDENLY HAVE DECIDED TO MASTER IT ON A WHIM!" Muramasa ranted. "NOW, IF YOU PLEASE, CAN YOU SET ME DOWN ONCE MORE? I ENJOYED THE CUSHIONING!"

Durive emerged out of hiding out of sheer confusion. Drawing g forth a paper with three labels reading, "Point A", "Point B", and "Point C." With a marker, he crossed out "Point B," leaving one to wonder how one could leap from "Point A" to "Point B" and more importantly why and EVEN MORE importantly, how?

Perhaps there were entire beings immune to the concept of linear time in which case that was more than a simple stapled citation. And if there were, someone would have to answer for them. Most likely the ball lady, but that would happen later.
    "I was actually gifted this power, by the lingering remnants of the soul of my first love." Inanna commented, casually. No sense boring the blade with how it wasn't technically her in the sense that she was not that her, but the true her that had been trapped for thousands and thousands of years. Because who in their right mind would want to relive that slog?

"Not simply learned on a whim. Like my ass though, do you? Sword's got good taste. In any case, if I've got the form, the power... the cushioning. What's got you worried, O' Fabled Blade?"

When Durive appeared and began to have what seemed like an existential breakdown however, Inanna simply quirked an eyebrow. "Confused too, are you? At least we've got that in common. Once I remember where that homeworld is, I'm vaporizing it."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "See, that's something. You guys could all become martial arts masters. That's something even the Saiyans can claim." Mainly because most concentrated on gaining more power and strength than refining their hand to hand technique.

"Sarada told me Earth has a lot of fighting schools. We don't have one on Vocado. Everyone just makes up their own style."
    "Ah doubt we can all become Masters, it usually takes many years an a ton of dedication to become a true master. Though anyone with enough train can be a teacher. Even ah taught a few times back at ny home village." spontaneously yawning, "Sorry, guess ah'm a bit tired. Ah think ah'd better go find Eva. If you're ever in the mood to learn Earth style Martial Arts, ah'd be glad to help you out."

With that, she left to go find either Eva or Kai.

OOC: Cue Cleric
    Last edited by Tami; 04-11-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I was actually gifted this power, by the lingering remnants of the soul of my first love." Inanna commented, casually. No sense boring the blade with how it wasn't technically her in the sense that she was not that her, but the true her that had been trapped for thousands and thousands of years. Because who in their right mind would want to relive that slog?

"Not simply learned on a whim. Like my ass though, do you? Sword's got good taste. In any case, if I've got the form, the power... the cushioning. What's got you worried, O' Fabled Blade?"

When Durive appeared and began to have what seemed like an existential breakdown however, Inanna simply quirked an eyebrow. "Confused too, are you? At least we've got that in common. Once I remember where that homeworld is, I'm vaporizing it."
    While waiting for an answer from Frogspierre, Praxat makes a remark." Muramasa has clearly chosen who it wants to wield it, and it's not you, it's him!" Praxat said as she points at Frogspierre.

Engraved into the sheath of the sword Praxat is holding is the name Disdemona Luue.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-11-2020 at 12:13 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah doubt we can all become Masters, it usually takes many years an a ton of dedication to become a true master. Though anyone with enough train can be a teacher. Even ah taught a few times back at ny home village." spontaneously yawning, "Sorry, guess ah'm a bit tired. Ah think ah'd better go find Eva. If you're ever in the mood to learn Earth style Martial Arts, ah'd be glad to help you out."

Pinach watched her leave to go get Eva or someone to heal them. He was sure that he had some kind of concussion and a few broken ribs. It was hard to breath and every time he did, he heard a rattling in his chest. He didn't know what that meant, but he was pretty sure that wasn't good.

He groaned and shuffled over to Just Saiyan. He needed a bed to rest in, so Pinach hoisted him over his shoulder and walked out to one of the empty rooms. Placing him in the bed, he pulled the covers up to his chest. "You did a good job, Just Saiyan," he said. "Hopefully, what we did won't be in vain."

He walked out and returned to the kitchen. As soon he was healed, he needed to get something to eat. Hopefully, it wouldn't be much longer until Avoca and Tasure got out of the RoSaT. Hopefully, they were strong enough to beat Letchee and the other guy. If not, then he and his hero would be ready to finish the job.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada's instincts allowed her to strike true, despite blinding cloud and death-to-be; and an age old question- "what is the sound of one hand clapping"- was finally answered:

Disappointment, and angry groaning.

The energy, once seeded, coursed the length of the vein of weak earth, and caused a rather impressive explosion.... that successfully managed to ruin the arm beyond use, at least for the moment. Though despite the success of the blow; Sarada would find herself in dire straits as Cloche began flailing about. Millions of pounds of stone, and soil attempting to send her heavenward just like her sister.

And... ever so slowly, Sarada was able to hear- more than see- what sounded like stone traveling upwards. Clearly the beast was attempting to rebuild the arm.
    Sarada succeeded in destroying the arm, but she had no time to think about her next move. Millions upon millions of pounds of rocky stone and ground soil moved in unison to do to her what it did to Parsley, who had yet to return from being uppercutted into the upper atmosphere. She moved swiftly, flash stepped from spot to spot to avoid being hit. What was worse, the creature was attempting to reassemble its arm by summoning soil and rocks from the ground beneath it.

There.

Her eyes narrowed as she decided quickly and moved even more swiftly. She attempted to form a massive green barrier around the mountain. She she was successful, she would try to lift it off the ground, effectively separating it from its element. That should have, hopefully, stopped it from reassembling itself to full power.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Stumbling down the corridor, occasionally leaning against a wall, Dash finds it hard to focus. Eventually, she reaches an unfamiliar area of the Lookout's main building. Calling out as loud as she can muster, "Lady Eva! Kai! Anyone?" before she continues blindly forward.

"THOSE DAMNED CHEATERS!!"

Letchee was beside himself, furious that the likes of Pinach, Dash, and Erosa managed to escape him through cheap tricks and sheer luck. They were nothing to him. Not even a bug on a windshield was an apt comparison for how easily he could have and would have crushed them. He could have killed all three of them in seconds with not even the minimal amount of effort. He could have breathed in their direction and vaporized them.

But no. They had to use underhanded tactics and trickery to deceive him. That was the only way they could have survived. And now, they were gone. His keen ki sense couldn't detect them anywhere. No ships had left the planet, so how?!

"And where is Daroga?!"

"I... I saw him over the ocean fighting the Super Saiyan," a no name soldier who wasn't worth anyone's time replied sheepishly.

"You mean the ocean that's now frozen solid?"

"...y-yes."

Letchee wiped off his hand after replacing the soldier's head with his fist. "So, the Super Saiyan still lives. Lovely. Just... You." He pointed to the sole remaining two generals. "Blanco, and who are you?"

"Why, I am Harambe, God of the--"

"Yeah, yeah. Find the Super Saiyan. You six hours. If he isn't found by then, I'll go and find him myself."

There was a certain malice in his voice that told them both very clearly that they didn't want to be around when those six hours were up. "Yes sir!" They both disappeared over the horizon to get started.

"The rest of you clear out the rest of the planet." Letchee blasted off toward the ocean. From what he could tell, it was completely frozen solid, with Daroga at the very bottom. They could either wait for him to thaw himself out, which there was no telling how long that was going to take, or he could do it for him. He sighed and decided to do it himself.

One of the balls of Creation energy circled around him, imbuing him with the power of the gods long since gone extinct. Not that he knew that. He held his hand out and created a miniature sun. It was the best he could do until he could find more guardians from which to pilfer creation energy. Slowly, the sun started melting the frozen ocean. He had to do it slowly to keep from killing Daroga inside.

He sighed heavily.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada succeeded in destroying the arm, but she had no time to think about her next move. Millions upon millions of pounds of rocky stone and ground soil moved in unison to do to her what it did to Parsley, who had yet to return from being uppercutted into the upper atmosphere. She moved swiftly, flash stepped from spot to spot to avoid being hit. What was worse, the creature was attempting to reassemble its arm by summoning soil and rocks from the ground beneath it.

There.

Her eyes narrowed as she decided quickly and moved even more swiftly. She attempted to form a massive green barrier around the mountain. She she was successful, she would try to lift it off the ground, effectively separating it from its element. That should have, hopefully, stopped it from reassembling itself to full power.
    The barrier move is... successful.

At least for now. It's obvious that Cloche is far stronger than Gaineamh; and from the way the barrier is already beginning to ripple it's only a matter of time before her not at all overpowered shielding is breached. Though with the arm having exposed a weakness- that is to say that the strength available to Cloche being limited by its composition- perhaps she could find a way to weaken it further before it killed her.

Something it certainly seemed keen to do.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The barrier move is... successful.

At least for now. It's obvious that Cloche is far stronger than Gaineamh; and from the way the barrier is already beginning to ripple it's only a matter of time before her not at all overpowered shielding is breached. Though with the arm having exposed a weakness- that is to say that the strength available to Cloche being limited by its composition- perhaps she could find a way to weaken it further before it killed her.

Something it certainly seemed keen to do.
    She lifted it higher and higher in the air, as high as she could get it in the limited amount of time she had. The creature was heavy and stronger, and her impossible-to-reinforce barrier would break before the creature would stop resisting. But, she had an idea.

From the height it was currently at, it was basically an asteroid. An asteroid with arms, legs, and some kind of brain, but an asteroid nonetheless. And she knew exactly how to deal with those.

As the final dregs of Peerless Instinct were upon her, she tightened her barrier around it and used that to turn it around so that its des was facing the ground. Then, she gave it what it wanted and let the barrier dissipate. From that height, it would surely reach terminal velocity before it crashed into the planet below.

She cupped her hands together, letting purple energy gather and coalesce. "Galick Gun. FIRE!" She loosed her Galick Gun, aimed directly for the remainder of the weak vein she destroyed earlier.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat walks to Frogspierre and takes the sword off her back, still in its sheath. She then kneels down as she puts her sword to the ground. ( Please accept me as your disciple," Praxat said.

Praxat has to hold her sword by the sheath due to its length.
    Frogspierre turned his attention to towards....A female of his race? Odd, he hadn't expected to run into another Toadian on this planet. He vaguely recalled seeing one when he came to challenge Held a year ago, but this one was clearly different. Smaller, less muscular.

He cringed slightly, recalling how he had accidentally shattered a door, only to startle a sleeping woman and her Toadian caretaker.

How had he missed her? Yes, she was in his blind spot, but he was not blind, was he? Perhaps he was so distracted by the blue woman and her sword to notice.

While waiting for an answer from Frogspierre, Praxat makes a remark." Muramasa has clearly chosen who it wants to wield it, and it's not you, it's him!" Praxat said as she points at Frogspierre.

Engraved into the sheath of the sword Praxat is holding is the name Disdemona Luue.

".....I don't even know who you are." He replied dryly, his tone implying disinterest in the task. "And I can tell at a glance that this blade and I would be incompatible."

He glanced downwards at the sheathed broadsword tethered to his waist. By the standards of this planet it seemed to be more akin to a Claymore, or its taller, bulkier, alien cousin, it's length alone making it difficult for a human of this planet to wield, let alone its immense weight.

The Sword with a spirit was not completely dissimilar in make, but it was clearly designed for someone not of the build of the massive hulking Toadian variety.

"We would have nothing to teach each other as blade and wielder." He continued, "And I have no interest in replacing this blade which has been with me through the countless wars and revolutions of this universe..."
    Last edited by Miburo; 04-12-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Kai is found nearby, making notes in a book of some sort.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

It was good to hear his voice, and his amusement in the end; and when the conversation was finished Inanna turned towards Shek'hinah and smiled. "All yours."
    Sheki’hinah smiles and vanishes.

A moment later, she reappears with Durga.

The Oni is tall and lean, one horn broken amidst his white hair. He looks around, then spots Inanna and smiles.

“Little sister. It has been far too long.”

He strides over and gives Inanna a hug as Sheki’hinah disappears to retrieve Nunlil and Eresh.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Stumbling down the corridor, occasionally leaning against a wall, Dash finds it hard to focus. Eventually, she reaches an unfamiliar area of the Lookout's main building. Calling out as loud as she can muster, "Lady Eva! Kai! Anyone?" before she continues blindly forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OOC: Kai is found nearby, making notes in a book of some sort.
    As she calls out, she hears a familiar voice. Entering a room, she leans against a wall, "Kai, thanks heavens. Totoma an Pinach, ah left them in the kitchen, they need medical help. Not sure 'bout Erosa." Dash's voice was shaky and her speech slightly slurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Frogspierre turned his attention to towards....A female of his race? Odd, he hadn't expected to run into another Toadian on this planet. He vaguely recalled seeing one when he came to challenge Held a year ago, but this one was clearly different. Smaller, less muscular.

He cringed slightly, recalling how he had accidentally shattered a door, only to startle a sleeping woman and her Toadian caretaker.

How had he missed her? Yes, she was in his blind spot, but he was not blind, was he? Perhaps he was so distracted by the blue woman and her sword to notice.

".....I don't even know who you are." He replied dryly, his tone implying disinterest in the task. "And I can tell at a glance that this blade and I would be incompatible."

He glanced downwards at the sheathed broadsword tethered to his waist. By the standards of this planet it seemed to be more akin to a Claymore, or its taller, bulkier, alien cousin, it's length alone making it difficult for a human of this planet to wield, let alone its immense weight.

The Sword with a spirit was not completely dissimilar in make, but it was clearly designed for someone not of the build of the massive hulking Toadian variety.

"We would have nothing to teach each other as blade and wielder." He continued, "And I have no interest in replacing this blade which has been with me through the countless wars and revolutions of this universe..."
    Praxat politely introduces herself." My name Is Praxat Luue, and I'm the daughter of the Prime Minister of The Republic of Qacriea." Praxat said. Praxat gets up still holding, her sword by the sheath.

Combine with its absurdly long blade and long hilt. The sword Praxat is holding is as long as she is tall. The size and shape of the sword suggest that it's akin to a Noadchi. Which one would call the taller and bulkier cousin of a Katana.

Praxat turns her body slightly to look directly at Muramasa while still having Frogspierre in her field of vision. Which as being a Toadian, her field of vision was panoramic, nearly almost 360 degrees." Tell me Muramasa, will your Ultimate Bushido work for any type of sword?" Praxat said.

By how the worn-out condition of the sheath of the sword Praxat is holding. One could tell the sword Praxat is holding is probably really old and ancient.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-12-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"IT CANNOT SIMPLY BE A CASUAL WHIM! HOWEVER...I FIND YOUR STORY MOVING AND MUST MAKE CONSIDERATIONS..." Muramasa admitted.

Durive studied Inanna for a moment and then nodded in thanks. He didn't quite know if her solution was legal...but it seemed like it. And that was good enough for him! But for now...

Durive began to place police tape around the surrounding area. It was the scene of a Time Crime.

The Muramasa sturred. "NOW WAIT A MOMENT, I NEVER-"

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

"I HAVE NEVER ONCE IN THIS CONVERSATION DEEMED THE SWORD SAINT WORTHY TO WIELD ME..." The sword correected. "NAY, I HAVE NOTHING TO PASS ON TO HIM IN THE MATTER OF ULTIMATE BUSHIDO BECAUSE HE ALREADY IS A PRACTITIONER IN HIS HEART! IN HIS VERY SPIRIT! IF ANYTHING I WOULD LIKE TO DO BATTLE ONCE MORE, UT THAT PERHAPS MAY NOT BE IN THE CARDS!"

The ancient blade began to look around as much as a sword could. "IS...IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR REASON THE SITE OF THIS CONVERSATION IS BEING MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CRIME SCENE?"