Page 78 of 371 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Moving rather lazily for someone of his power, Korrimaru smirks as Pinach’s attempts to tether him fail, the threads sliding off his body. He looks down and shakes his head at the boy.

“You’ll have to try harder, boy.”

Distracted, he lets Dash and Praxat get ahead of him. Looking up, he quirks a brow ridge and waves a hand at their direction as if dismissing them.

“What I want is my own business, human. But, if you insist on being in my way......”

He zooms to between the two, and gently caresses each with his tail tip through their auras.

“I’ll take that.”

Both Praxat and Dash suddenly feel something....shift in their auras. As they turn to see Korrimaru zoom back towards the lookout, Dash suddenly feels....wonky. A joint in her back that had been sore earlier suddenly spasms and she throws a disc out of alignment.

At the same time, Praxat feels a full body cramp come over her body, halting her movement for a moment. Somehow he had induced these effects upon their persons.

Koorimaru gently lands atop the lookout, eyeing Etrina. Eva at the moment has gone with Erosa and is being hidden.

“Mage girl. Long time no see.”
    Cursing under her breath, Dash struggles to remain airborne, pushing past an old but never forgotten pain. "That bastard. Praxat, can you make it to the lookout?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Moving rather lazily for someone of his power, Korrimaru smirks as Pinach’s attempts to tether him fail, the threads sliding off his body. He looks down and shakes his head at the boy.

Distracted, he lets Dash and Praxat get ahead of him. Looking up, he quirks a brow ridge and waves a hand at their direction as if dismissing them.

“What I want is my own business, human. But, if you insist on being in my way......”

He zooms to between the two, and gently caresses each with his tail tip through their auras.

“I’ll take that.”

Both Praxat and Dash suddenly feel something....shift in their auras. As they turn to see Korrimaru zoom back towards the lookout, Dash suddenly feels....wonky. A joint in her back that had been sore earlier suddenly spasms and she throws a disc out of alignment.

At the same time, Praxat feels a full body cramp come over her body, halting her movement for a moment. Somehow he had induced these effects upon their persons.

Koorimaru gently lands atop the lookout, eyeing Etrina. Eva at the moment has gone with Erosa and is being hidden.

Pinach trusted that Dash and Frog would be able to take care of themselves. Whatever Koorimaru did had left them both in a considerable amount of pain, but there was nothing could do for either of them except ask if they were okay. The answer to which was painfully obvious. He couldn't stop and didn't until he landed on the Lookout after Koorimaru had already arrived.

There, he noticed that the others had already mounted some kind of defense to help protect Eva from him, and he immediately noticed that Inanna was there too. He also noticed that he couldn't sense Eva anywhere. He smirked. "You've done it now! Eva is long gone now and you'll never find her. Give up!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

“I’ll take that.”

"Etrina, and it HAS been a long time hasn't it." Etrina stretched her arms nonchalantly and stood up. "Not long enough in fact....why don't you come back tomorrow, or next week.....maybe another couple years? Fair to ask I suppose. I have on high authority that your here for Eva...." Etrina crossed her arms and sighed. "Sorry.....We're rather busy at the moment dealing with the usual cosmic garbage, I'm sure you understand...the more things change, the more they stay the same right? Listen...I'll be blunt.....you have two choices. Either I distract you with a lovely tea and chat about the good old days, or I distract you with less comfortable means. Either way....your not catching up to Eva while your intentions are an unknown."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    *Meanwhile, back up on the lookout*

In response to Eva warning of Koorimarus return, several of the remaining fighters had descended to earth for a direct confrontation...included a very pissed off pinach. A direct attack would serve to halt the threat in the best case, and distract momentarily in the worse. Therefore...

"Eva, We need to find a place for you to hide." Etrina sheathed Atropos for the present(literally) and turned her attention to who remained on the lookout. "Erosa, Take Eva and cloak her as best you can...and get her moving somewhere safe."

"Gao! I got it! Operation Eva Keepoffsies has started." The Id hopped up and did a quick couple of loops around Eva legs before taking up position at her side and tugging expectantly at her arm.

"Ish....anna....Inanna." Etrina quickly corrected herself. "....If you can, pass along a message back to Neva that we might need a safe place to move Eva....if you can't, do whatever you usually do." Etrina took a quick scan of the environment. "....I think we have a moment or two.....should be enough to prepare a welcome party, minus the kava water this time...."

Over the next couple minutes, Etrina devoted her efforts to setting up as many temporal jump points as she could maintain, temporally trapping the environment and fanning her foci out to cover as much of the lookout as possible. Once she was all set, she simply dragged a chair over to the side closest to koorimarus approach, sat her magic butt down and assumed her smug "I've been expecting you" pose(clearly the lynchpin of her entire plan).

OOC: Erosa is gonna try and hide Eva with her Hunter/Killer Cloak, and move her somewhere safe in the lookout assuming she isn't resistant to the idea.
    There's a flicker as the clone of Inanna dissipates, and in its place stands Inanna, proper.

"I was away on business, but my clone's at least kept me abreast of things." Etrina's breasts as well it seemed... "but I've a key, as do you. Worst comes to worst, we can merely force it. Do hope you're ready for shenanigans however. We seem to be dealing with..."

“I’ll take that.”

"Koorimaru." Inanna responded, simply.

"What a surprise... though it seems you're uglier than I recall. A pity." Inanna commented, with a look of utter indifference. "I can help with that you know."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Korrimaru sighs dramatically.

“Ishtar, I question your view of beauty. After all, you did marry the monkey queen.”

He smirks, then turns back to Etrina and nods in a surprising show of respect.

“Etrina, of course. My apologies.”

He sits in midair as if on a throne, one leg crossed over the other.

“I rather life Earthling tea. Perhaps some mint if you can.”

His eyes flash a faint amber color as they gazes upon the lookout.

“I see the Threshlings didn’t scar the place up too much. Good. I rather like this place. It is where I was restored, after all.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“Ishtar, I question your view of beauty. After all, you did marry the monkey queen.”

“I see the Threshlings didn’t scar the place up too much. Good. I rather like this place. It is where I was restored, after all.”
    "Is that jealousy, Freezypop?" Inanna smirked. "Ishtar is a little 'last iteration', however. I'm no more her, than you are... anymore. Though... she did promise to kill you, should you ever prove more than a trifling threat; and while I'm no longer subjected to such a narrow-worldview. There is a vestigial pang." The woman stated somewhat bemused, at the realization.

"Hmm... that said. I'm at least curious. So what brings the bearer of the Amulet of Bitter Mourning, to his potential grave?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Is that jealousy, Freezypop?" Inanna smirked. "Ishtar is a little 'last iteration', however. I'm no more her, than you are... anymore. Though... she did promise to kill you, should you ever prove more than a trifling threat; and while I'm no longer subjected to such a narrow-worldview. There is a vestigial pang." The woman stated somewhat bemused, at the realization.

"Hmm... that said. I'm at least curious. So what brings the bearer of the Amulet of Bitter Mourning, to his potential grave?"
    “Early grave? That would indicate someone here could put me down. No offense, whatever you call yourself now, but I......don’t think any of you could.Not anymore and not alone, at least. I will admit you do pose quite an issue, ‘Not Ishtar’, but you’re Hakai doesn’t scare me.”

“As to what brings me here, just passing by to catch up, see the sights, borrow Eva for a bit, that sort of thing.” He opens his arms out in a gesture meant to incompass the lookout.

“I haven’t even done any lasting damage to anything. Rather magnanimous of me considering how rudely I’ve been treated since my arrival.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Early grave? That would indicate someone here could put me down. No offense, whatever you call yourself now, but I......don’t think any of you could.Not anymore and not alone, at least. I will admit you do pose quite an issue, ‘Not Ishtar’, but you’re Hakai doesn’t scare me.”

“As to what brings me here, just passing by to catch up, see the sights, borrow Eva for a bit, that sort of thing.” He opens his arms out in a gesture meant to incompass the lookout.

“I haven’t even done any lasting damage to anything. Rather magnanimous of me considering how rudely I’ve been treated since my arrival.”
    "I can't fault you for the confusion, at least." Inanna said, with a nod."I am she no longer, nay. I am what Ishtar should have been." Though with the giggle, it was hard to tell just how serious the woman was... "Were it not for the meddling of Gods, and Monsters." That said however, she smirked. "It's obvious that despite the power-up, you're as presumptuous as ever. I in no way said Hakai was the best I had on offer. Though.. I suppose I can't fault you for presuming, either. It is one of the hallmarks of your species, isn't it? To underestimate and die terribly."

Poor, poor Freezypops.

His goal seemed on the face of it... benign, however. So Inanna simply shrugged. "For the moment I could care less about why you're here, beyond what you mean to do with the 'borrowed'. Maiz, for example, has already been 'borrowed', and getting her back is right near the tippy top of my list of priorities~"

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

"I have a personal stake in its wellbeing....obviously." Etrina snapped her finger, and a foci slowly floated into view with a tea cup.

"Wow....we didn't expect you to actually want a cup of tea. I was about to throw this out." The foci mused out loud. "No mint though....but I added something with just as much kick ehehehe......" The Foci let the teacup drop into Koorimarus hands. "Naw I'm kidding, its mint. Enjoy."

"I don't suppose you'd care to elaborate on the reasoning...for the borrowing I mean." Etrina felt the need to correct herself. "....and I wouldn't dream of putting you in a early grave. That would imply something left to bury you know. No to imply I want violence....ruins the tea you know."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cursing under her breath, Dash struggles to remain airborne, pushing past an old but never forgotten pain. "That bastard. Praxat, can you make it to the lookout?"

" Yeah I'll be fine, I can make it to the Lookout," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Yeah I'll be fine, I can make it to the Lookout," Praxat said.
    Raising her hands above her head, Dash stretches her back until a faint popping sound is followed by an easing of the pain. With a nod to Praxat, she once again flies quickly up towards the lookout.

Finding a spot on the plaza that gives her a good view, and within earshot of Koorimaru's interaction with Etrina and Inanna without getting too close, Dash scans the Lookout to see who else might be there.

It was easy to tell that Eva's signature was missing, though it appeared not from anything Korrimaru had done. She then turned her attention back to the visitor, trying to figure him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Raising her hands above her head, Dash stretches her back until a faint popping sound is followed by an easing of the pain. With a nod to Praxat, she once again flies quickly up towards the lookout.

Finding a spot on the plaza that gives her a good view, and within earshot of Koorimaru's interaction with Etrina and Inanna without getting too close, Dash scans the Lookout to see who else might be there.

It was easy to tell that Eva's signature was missing, though it appeared not from anything Korrimaru had done. She then turned her attention back to the visitor, trying to figure him out.
    Praxat quickly catches up with Dash." Hey, Dash, what's going on?" Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-30-2020 at 11:06 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Korrimaru’s eyes narrow slightly at Inanna.

“My species does like to pontificate about our greatness, it’s true. Well, that will be fewer and far between now. There are only about a dozen or so of us left, now. Homeworld has gotten quite a bit quieter since my assension.”

He sips at the tea and nods to Etrina.

“Quite good, Etrina. My thanks and compliments.”

He takes another sip then sits back in midair.

“I require Eva’s...assistance. Her, Maiz, and one other. The Amulet was quite specific about the qualifications. A warrior born, a heretic forced, and one of the dead returned. I had thought perhaps to snag one in two with Eva.“

He shrugs.

“I have no real need or intention to kill them from what I can gather. Maiz is quite alive, and in fact you should be thanking me. I doubt Auroc was going to treat her as well as I have.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“I have no real need or intention to kill them from what I can gather. Maiz is quite alive, and in fact you should be thanking me. I doubt Auroc was going to treat her as well as I have.”
    When Pinach heard that Maiz was alive, he felt himself calm down. That was all he was really worried about. More than likely, she was being kept on Arcosia, or whatever they called their homeworld. Come to think of it, he wasn't even sure it had a name. They were probably too busy trying to screw each other over to agree on one.

"How do we know we can trust what you say?" he asked, stepped forward to where the others were. "It's not like you people won't lie to save your own skin."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Korrimaru’s eyes narrow slightly at Inanna.

“My species does like to pontificate about our greatness, it’s true. Well, that will be fewer and far between now. There are only about a dozen or so of us left, now. Homeworld has gotten quite a bit quieter since my assension.”

He sips at the tea and nods to Etrina.

“Quite good, Etrina. My thanks and compliments.”

He takes another sip then sits back in midair.

“I require Eva’s...assistance. Her, Maiz, and one other. The Amulet was quite specific about the qualifications. A warrior born, a heretic forced, and one of the dead returned. I had thought perhaps to snag one in two with Eva.“

He shrugs.

Stepping in closer, "Ah ain't in the loop 'bout what your goal is, so ah am gonna ask what this amulet of yours is. Ah also want to know if Maiz an anyone else you take with you will remain unharmed once you are done with, whatever it is you are doin. Unharmed ain't the same as not bein killed." Dash gave him a serious stare, "Ah don't go an treat me like a child. You beat me fair and square, but you'd be best served to answer my questions."