Page 79 of 371 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

He looks over at Pinach and Dash, eyeing them critically.

“You can’t trust me. Oh, I could go on about how I helped save this planet and several of its M Fighters. About how I rescued Maiz and even took a few of those Threshlings out, or how Inhavent killed you all yet. But none of that matters and you don’t know me from Simon Battersea.”

He shrugs.

“As to no harming them....that defeats the purpose. The Amulet was clear about willing help. And I’ve long since lost my taste for enhanced interrogation or creative playtime.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He looks over at Pinach and Dash, eyeing them critically.

“You can’t trust me. Oh, I could go on about how I helped save this planet and several of its M Fighters. About how I rescued Maiz and even took a few of those Threshlings out, or how Inhavent killed you all yet. But none of that matters and you don’t know me from Simon Battersea.”

He shrugs.

“As to no harming them....that defeats the purpose. The Amulet was clear about willing help. And I’ve long since lost my taste for enhanced interrogation or creative playtime.”
    "Ah know Simon Battersea." eyeing him critically as well, "At least he was blatant in his power madness. An yeah, we never met, but ah heard a little 'bout you, or 'bout someone with the same name as you. Ah assume then that you are the heretic in your little equation. Maiz then is the warrior. An you are then lookin for someone who has come back from the dead. Yet there are many that meet that qualification other than Eva, or Maiz for that matter. Or is it that you are only lookin for Guardians?"
    Last edited by Tami; 04-30-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Korrimaru’s eyes narrow slightly at Inanna.

“My species does like to pontificate about our greatness, it’s true. Well, that will be fewer and far between now. There are only about a dozen or so of us left, now. Homeworld has gotten quite a bit quieter since my assension.”

He sips at the tea and nods to Etrina.

“Quite good, Etrina. My thanks and compliments.”

He takes another sip then sits back in midair.

“I require Eva’s...assistance. Her, Maiz, and one other. The Amulet was quite specific about the qualifications. A warrior born, a heretic forced, and one of the dead returned. I had thought perhaps to snag one in two with Eva.“

He shrugs.

“I have no real need or intention to kill them from what I can gather. Maiz is quite alive, and in fact you should be thanking me. I doubt Auroc was going to treat her as well as I have.”
    “Oh dear....it’s never a good sign when you start taking requests from your jewellery.” Etrina mused out loud.

“Nor is it very convincing....I’ve seen enough possessed artifacts to know where this is going, vague intentions or otherwise. In fact....if you can forgive my bluntness, one might say leaving the guardians in your hands may end in a worse outcome then auroc. So while I’ll be sure to thank you for your effort...you’ll have to do better then that if you want to get your hands on our charge.”

Etrina leaned forward and folded her fingers together. Something was bothering her...koorimaru was too relaxed considering his quarry was at risk of leaving. There had to be another angle he was playing.....

Without arousing suspicion, Etrina attempted to get a read on koorimaru with her vitalmancy....

She wanted to be sure it was koorimaru she was dealing with....and not a distraction of his own.

“Erosa....Don’t let your guard down.” Etrina thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah know Simon Battersea." eyeing him critically as well, "At least he was blatant in his power madness. An yeah, we never met, but ah heard a little 'bout you, or 'bout someone with the same name as you. Ah assume then that you are the heretic in your little equation. Maiz then is the warrior. An you are then lookin for someone who has come back from the dead. Yet there are many that meet that qualification other than Eva, or Maiz for that matter. Or is it that you are only lookin for Guardians?"
    “Astute, yet flawed logic. No doubt I’m a heretic in many regards, but our dear Eva fits that bill far, far better. Same with once being dead. Two birds, one Kami so to speak.”

He shrugs and speaks in a terrible voice, filled with old power and wrath. Inanna, when you hear this is tickles a faint reminder in your head.

“Three you will need. One, the warrior: trainer of Kings and Queens. Two, the heretic: one who broke their sacred oaths and suffered for it. Three, the dead yet living: one who has transcended the last barrier. When the three are brought forth, a Sacred and Profane Ritual shall combine their power with my own. The Gate will be open once more.”

Korrimaru coughs and smiles.

“It gets quite dramatic sometimes. My apologies.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    “Oh dear....it’s never a good sign when you start taking requests from your jewellery.” Etrina mused out loud.

“Nor is it very convincing....I’ve seen enough possessed artifacts to know where this is going, vague intentions or otherwise. In fact....if you can forgive my bluntness, one might say leaving the guardians in your hands may end in a worse outcome then auroc. So while I’ll be sure to thank you for your effort...you’ll have to do better then that if you want to get your hands on our charge.”

Etrina leaned forward and folded her fingers together. Something was bothering her...koorimaru was too relaxed considering his quarry was at risk of leaving. There had to be another angle he was playing.....

Without arousing suspicion, Etrina attempted to get a read on koorimaru with her vitalmancy....

She wanted to be sure it was koorimaru she was dealing with....and not a distraction of his own.

“Erosa....Don’t let your guard down.” Etrina thought.
    A pall of bitter cold energy lays within Korrimaru, intertangled with his own Arcosian energy, but it does seem to be their one time ally sitting before her.

“Oh please, if you can’t trust the voice in your head, who can you trust?” He smirks at this, looking at Etrina with faint amber glowing eyes.

“What do I need to say to get Eva off your hands, hmm? We can do this in a civilized manner. Why don’t you trot her out here and I can ask her personally if she’ll come.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Astute, yet flawed logic. No doubt I’m a heretic in many regards, but our dear Eva fits that bill far, far better. Same with once being dead. Two birds, one Kami so to speak.”

He shrugs and speaks in a terrible voice, filled with old power and wrath. Inanna, when you hear this is tickles a faint reminder in your head.

“Three you will need. One, the warrior: trainer of Kings and Queens. Two, the heretic: one who broke their sacred oaths and suffered for it. Three, the dead yet living: one who has transcended the last barrier. When the three are brought forth, a Sacred and Profane Ritual shall combine their power with my own. The Gate will be open once more.”

Inanna got goosebumps, when she heard the words. Not for their gravity- sounded little better than Parsley's Blood Magic incantations- but for the familiarity of the power behind them; and the annoyance of falling just short of remembering.

Like a fly you keep swatting... to no avail.

Though that was its own thing. Artifacts of power, who were godlings in disguise.

"So tell me Koorimaru," the woman pried, playfully, "who's pulling your strings now? I've a thing for hedging my bets see, and I'd perhaps like to... bargain."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna got goosebumps, when she heard the words. Not for their gravity- sounded little better than Parsley's Blood Magic incantations- but for the familiarity of the power behind them; and the annoyance of falling just short of remembering.

Like a fly you keep swatting... to no avail.

Though that was its own thing. Artifacts of power, who were godlings in disguise.

"So tell me Koorimaru," the woman pried, playfully, "who's pulling your strings now? I've a thing for hedging my bets see, and I'd perhaps like to... bargain."
    He looks at her, brow cocked.

“Are you sure you want to know? You might not like the answer.”

He takes the amulet off and tosses it to her.

“By all means.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He looks at her, brow cocked.

“Are you sure you want to know? You might not like the answer.”

He takes the amulet off and tosses it to her.

“By all means.”
    "Someone once said, 'knowing is half the battle'. Granted, they're dead now so... make of that what you will. Besides... I have a feeling I already know the answer."

When the amulet was tossed her way, Inanna's sword appeared and caught it by the neckband.

"Now... let's chat."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Pinach shuddered and trembled when Koorimaru started speaking in a voice that was nothing like his own. The voice was filled with this strange, demonic power that chilled him to the bone. "That sounds dangerous," he murmured. He didn't know what was on the other side of the gate, but he knew this had to be stopped. Whatever it was, it couldn't be allowed to come through to this side of... whatever.

He clenched his fist.

Maiz was in the middle of this nonsense, through no fault of her own. This Arcosian and the creature he seemed to be bound to kidnapped her because she happened to train Mato and Sarada to be good people before they ascended to the throne. Tch! What a rotten...

"I don't know what kind of demon is inside you, but it sounds dangerous. It must be trapped in that amulet for a reason. And whatever's on the other side of that Gate it's talking about needs to stay there."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Someone once said, 'knowing is half the battle'. Granted, they're dead now so... make of that what you will. Besides... I have a feeling I already know the answer."

When the amulet was tossed her way, Inanna's sword appeared and caught it by the neckband.

"Now... let's chat."
    OT:

Pm me who you think it is.

IC:

Korrimaru gestures.

“You need to put it on. Won’t work without....direct contact.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pinach shuddered and trembled when Koorimaru started speaking in a voice that was nothing like his own. The voice was filled with this strange, demonic power that chilled him to the bone. "That sounds dangerous," he murmured. He didn't know what was on the other side of the gate, but he knew this had to be stopped. Whatever it was, it couldn't be allowed to come through to this side of... whatever.

He clenched his fist.

Maiz was in the middle of this nonsense, through no fault of her own. This Arcosian and the creature he seemed to be bound to kidnapped her because she happened to train Mato and Sarada to be good people before they ascended to the throne. Tch! What a rotten...

"I don't know what kind of demon is inside you, but it sounds dangerous. It must be trapped in that amulet for a reason. And whatever's on the other side of that Gate it's talking about needs to stay there."
    Korrimaru shrugs.

“It’s no demon, boy. Not in the true sense as from the Demon plane. It’s something...bigger. And if the Gate wasn’t supposed to be opened, then why is there a key to do so?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Here's the thing about me..." Lantro 1, holding the energy orb smirked, tossing it at Rex's head as he was hit with the beam where it would explode if it made contact.

"I always win the game with seconds left on the clock!" stated the real Lantro seconds later, also smirking as he dashed to the side, the beam scraping his shoulder as he charged towards Rex in order to push him into the blast of ki the dissipating clone had launched.
    Lantro would feel no resistance to his push and Rex was moved forth towards the blast, his face mere moments away from meeting the ball of ki Lantro's copy had thrown. What Lantro probably didn't expect was the saurian's mouth to open wide and physically bite down onto the projectile. His ability, Only the STRONGEST survives, one of which Shōchū had warned the baller about, was now on full display as Rex devoured and swallowed the energy, making it his own.

Wasting little time after his flexing of power, Lantro would find himself dead center of a tail sweep, one that would launch him towards the growing crowds brought by Koorimaru's arrival.

OT:

Pm me who you think it is.

IC:

Korrimaru gestures.

“You need to put it on. Won’t work without....direct contact.”
    "Well... I never was able to excise the curiosity." Inanna muttered. Slipping the amulet on then, the golden-eyed woman was, at the least thankful, that her mind was immune to tampering. Pain however?

Well...

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Korrimaru shrugs.

“It’s no demon, boy. Not in the true sense as from the Demon plane. It’s something...bigger. And if the Gate wasn’t supposed to be opened, then why is there a key to do so?”
    He didn't know what he meant by the first part. He could only assume that by demon plane, he meant Hell; but according to Parsley, the afterlife was a lot more extensive than that. Not to say he believed in any of that stuff, despite what his sister said. The second part, however, was what piqued his interest. "And I assume that the power of your three captives, combined with whatever that thing is, is the key?" He frowned and looked down. "I don't know. I think you're getting in over your head, Mister."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    He didn't know what he meant by the first part. He could only assume that by demon plane, he meant Hell; but according to Parsley, the afterlife was a lot more extensive than that. Not to say he believed in any of that stuff, despite what his sister said. The second part, however, was what piqued his interest. "And I assume that the power of your three captives, combined with whatever that thing is, is the key?" He frowned and looked down. "I don't know. I think you're getting in over your head, Mister."
    "Most prisons have keys, even ones that shouldn't ever be opened. It's a common failing of prison design. Anything that's locked away, is locked away for a reason,an usually a good one." Dash then looked over at Inanna, waiting to see what happens with quite some unease.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.