Page 89 of 371 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

When Parsley and the Archon found Sarada, she was about to get started on her own quest. Her arrival caught her eye. "Done already?"

"There wasn't much to it," Parsley answered. She left it at that and stepped forward. "There is little more for me to do here. I feel I've gained all the strength I can, so I'm heading out. Unless you need me to stay?"

"No, I'll be fine." She rolled her shoulder and started stretching. "If you're leaving, take Kumara with you. I'll be heading out as soon as I'm done, too."

She sighed quietly and turned to leave. "Very well. I'll see you soon."

It was of great interest to her how the others had been faring for the majority of the day they spent training in Vaikuntha. The threat of Auroc and his plans, as well as the plans this Koorimaru had for Maiz, was enough to mobilize them to action, but training was in order. If her timing was correct, Pinach and Tasure's idiot son should have been in the RoSaT currently, with a short time left. Avoca and Tasure should have finished their training and were likely done on Ruco, or close to it.

"I don't see how she'll win every fight," she commented as she and the Archon took their leave.

"She does not. The conditions of her quest are not contingent on her victory, but rather her evolution. The creature let out a crinkling sigh. "Without doubt you have noticed that your sister's fighting tendencies vary. She has potential to be a flexible fighter, but she falls back to simpler tactics. My siblings and I intend to teach her to think more quickly on her feet."

She was, of course, right. Sarada was a very simple fighter until simplicity failed. By that point, she was scraping the bottom of the barrel for options. It was around that point when the fight was close to turning into her opponent's favor. "Then that's her lesson to learn. She doesn't need me for that."

"No. She does not."

They reached the spot where Sarada kept her young daughter safe from the constant battles that were taking place further within the planet. The brown-skinned baby had Inanna's jet black hair and a pair of horns that jutted out of her forehead. True to her mother's jarring nature, the child looked more like a demon than an Oni. Then again, she if Inanna was even an Oni anymore. She, to sate her curiosity, had consumed the genetic material of an Arcosian, a Demon, and a Namekian. That alone would have irreversible consequences; not to mention the reclamation that took place within the Crystal Hollow. She wasn't sure what her sister-in-law was and that bothered her. If only because it was going to be hard to explain to the people on the outside what her niece was, outside of a half-Saiyan.

The young baby's eyes peeked open, revealing the pair of immaculate golden eyes that she inherited from both parents. Upon seeing her, the baby cooed and reached for her. In the past, such a sight would have made her stomach turn. She despised half-breeds and wanted nothing less than to exterminate them from existence, starting with Tasure's moron son for influencing her brother and cousin in ways that would have only ended with embarrassment for themselves and their entire family. Yet, over her time in Purgatory, she got over that disgust.

A good thing, because this would not be possible if she hadn't.

She smiled and picked up the baby. "It's time for us to go, little princess." She gathered the meager supplies they managed to scrounge up in a sack and tossed that over her shoulder. "Goodbye, Archon. This past year has been fun," she said with a genuine smile.

"Farewell, Parsley. And good luck in your coming battles."

She nodded and flew from Tatenen II to the proper realm of Vaikuntha. The endless grassy plains and paradisaical surroundings made her want to linger just for a day longer. Sarada likely wouldn't be that much longer. "No, I have work to do." With that statement, spoken with profound disappointment, she and Kumara slipped out of Vaikuntha and into the outside world.

She stepped foot on the Lookout and immediately took stock of the situation. As she suspected, Pinach was nowhere to be found, and neither were her wife and Tasure. Strangely, neither was Inanna. Even more strange, Ochazuke hadn't made his arrival yet. Interesting. She sensed Eva nearby and made her way over to her to learn what had happened in her absence.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Your help, for a start." Inanna replied, stepping past the Majin before picking up the remains of his lunch.

"There's been some developments... none of them good. You're one of the few I'd trust to bring with me. Besides... it involves the previous Destroyer."
    "Of course you do..." Sasheem muttered, cracking his neck as if it had a crick. "It's always something with you idiots. Can't handle anything by yourselves so leave it up to 'ol Sasheem."

The previous Destroyer, eh? It was a path Sasheem had turned away from...for now, but still of interest. "Only one issue though. Sasheem's been doing pretty good at this when Earth protector thing. You'll notice OafchaPUKE and OwBland turned tail and ran off. Need someone reliable to ensure the planet is protected while the greatest warrior Earth has ever known is away. Know anybody?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Of course you do..." Sasheem muttered, cracking his neck as if it had a crick. "It's always something with you idiots. Can't handle anything by yourselves so leave it up to 'ol Sasheem."

The previous Destroyer, eh? It was a path Sasheem had turned away from...for now, but still of interest. "Only one issue though. Sasheem's been doing pretty good at this when Earth protector thing. You'll notice OafchaPUKE and OwBland turned tail and ran off. Need someone reliable to ensure the planet is protected while the greatest warrior Earth has ever known is away. Know anybody?"
    "Petty barbs won't do much, I'm afraid." Inanna responded with a smirk. "Though I do appreciate the attempt~" Despite outward changes, it seemed the Majin was still the same self-important thug. If slightly less chaotic. How delightful.

"We have two more Super Saiyans, and with what I've done to both Auroc, and Koorimaru... we've a few hours of safety." Inanna explained. "Which is why haste is of the essence. So will you come, or will I..." the woman stopped short, and tilted her head forgetting Sasheem completely.

Only to crack a smile.

"Or will I only be bringing Parsley along, with me?"

It seemed the Saiyan had emerged from Vaikuntha. Had it truly been twenty-four hours already? One supposed it might... she'd spent quite some time in HIFL.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Petty barbs won't do much, I'm afraid." Inanna responded with a smirk. "Though I do appreciate the attempt~" Despite outward changes, it seemed the Majin was still the same self-important thug. If slightly less chaotic. How delightful.

"We have two more Super Saiyans, and with what I've done to both Auroc, and Koorimaru... we've a few hours of safety." Inanna explained. "Which is why haste is of the essence. So will you come, or will I..." the woman stopped short, and tilted her head forgetting Sasheem completely.

Only to crack a smile.

"Or will I only be bringing Parsley along, with me?"

It seemed the Saiyan had emerged from Vaikuntha. Had it truly been twenty-four hours already? One supposed it might... she'd spent quite some time in HIFL.
    "Huh, so it was that snooty snowcone that Sasheem sensed," The Majin folded his arms. "Not surprised you had to throw down. Soemthing about his ki seemed more off than usual," he shrugged. "Don't care about the Saitan, she can come if she wants to. But when the hell did you fight Auroc?!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Huh, so it was that snooty snowcone that Sasheem sensed," The Majin folded his arms. "Not surprised you had to throw down. Soemthing about his ki seemed more off than usual," he shrugged. "Don't care about the Saitan, she can come if she wants to. But when the hell did you fight Auroc?!"
    "Roughly twenty-four hours ago. I punched him so hard he exploded." Inanna said with a shrug. "All that talk, only to have his **** pushed in. Though as a proto-Majin I should've gone for the head." Hindsight was twenty-twenty admittedly. "I'll take that as your confirmation however. So whenever you're ready." With a flick, she cut open her arm and summoned a portal. "Step through and we'll collect the Saiyan... she should be stronger than you by now as well. Us idiots have been busy~"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Kai breathes in, then as Praxat and Sash connect with his mind, he draws their combined minds into a strange pseudo-space. All three stand amidst a swirling background of black and blue.

“I thought perhaps this will prove helpful until you can use the RoSaT. This is a mental landscape that fighters can use to spar in. Your bodies remain in a medatative state, but your minds can project an avatar of yourself here and spar against each other. It is a good training tool to hone techniques.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Eva nods to Parsley.

“How can I help you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva nods to Parsley.

“How can I help you?”
    Parsley found Eva and approached her. Not bothering with pleasantries, she asked, "Sarada will be out in a few hours. What did I miss?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley found Eva and approached her. Not bothering with pleasantries, she asked, "Sarada will be out in a few hours. What did I miss?"
    Eva takes a few minutes and fills her in on what happened: Koorimaru’s kidnap attempt, his holding of the Maiz, his tacit acknowledgement of Asha’rah’s disappearance, and his confrontation with Inanna and what Inanna learned truly lived within the Amulet.

She then mentions Inanna’s interest in Night and what they had discovered.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kai breathes in, then as Praxat and Sash connect with his mind, he draws their combined minds into a strange pseudo-space. All three stand amidst a swirling background of black and blue.

“I thought perhaps this will prove helpful until you can use the RoSaT. This is a mental landscape that fighters can use to spar in. Your bodies remain in a medatative state, but your minds can project an avatar of yourself here and spar against each other. It is a good training tool to hone techniques.”
    Looking around, Dash was visibly impressed, then a little depressed, "Kai, this is amazing. Only, ah wonder, is there a way for Prax an ah to come here on our own? Or do we need you to take us here?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Eva takes a few minutes and fills her in on what happened: Koorimaru’s kidnap attempt, his holding of the Maiz, his tacit acknowledgement of Asha’rah’s disappearance, and his confrontation with Inanna and what Inanna learned truly lived within the Amulet.

She then mentions Inanna’s interest in Night and what they had discovered.
    Parsley was silent.

It was confirmed that this Koorimaru had Maiz, and the being in the amulet he wore was none other than Inda'ren.

"So, Inda'ren lives in a sense," she uttered thoughtfully. Without doubt, he had none of the power he possessed when he was ascended to godhood, but she would have been foolish to just assume he wasn't a threat. From the sound of it, Koorimaru was completely within his thrall, to the point of exterminating his entire home world. Sadly, he missed one, but that was neither here nor there. "If he has need of her, then Maiz is safe for the time being."

In that respect, of greater import was the matter of this Night being and his relation to Inda'ren. A being who could slay a wish dragon possessed immense power, without doubt. Manipulation of the soul was not something she was familiar with, but it sounded absolute. To strip a person of all free will and individuality and turn them into a puppet, a nasty power to be sure. Curious how the dragon he killed did not vanish as it was supposed to, but remained. Interesting.

"Where is Inanna now?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 05-18-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking around, Dash was visibly impressed, then a little depressed, "Kai, this is amazing. Only, ah wonder, is there a way for Prax an ah to come here on our own? Or do we need you to take us here?"
    “No, you’ll be able to establish the connection yourself, though only between you two. Until you show others how to do it at least. It’s not as useful as actual training, but it is still a solid alternative if you’re waiting or if you don’t want to risk actual harm to each other.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley was silent.

It was confirmed that this Koorimaru had Maiz, and the being in the amulet he wore was none other than Inda'ren.

"So, Inda'ren lives in a sense," she uttered thoughtfully. Without doubt, he had none of the power he possessed when he was ascended to godhood, but she would have been foolish to just assume he wasn't a threat. From the sound of it, Koorimaru was completely within his thrall, to the point of exterminating his entire home world. Sadly, he missed one, but that was neither here nor there. "If he has need of her, then Maiz is safe for the time being."

In that respect, of greater import was the matter of this Night being and his relation to Inda'ren. A being who could slay a wish dragon possessed immense power, without doubt. Manipulation of the soul was not something she was familiar with, but it sounded absolute. To strip a person of all free will and individuality and turn them into a puppet, a nasty power to be sure. Curious how the dragon he killed did not vanish as it was supposed to, but remained. Interesting.

"Where is Inanna now?"
    “Away, seeking Sasheem. She plans on going to Universe 18.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Away, seeking Sasheem. She plans on going to Universe 18.”
    She dropped the bag she had been carrying on her shoulder and handed Eva her niece. "Then I'm going also." Curiosity was going to get the best of her and she didn't want to wait until Inanna and that idiot returned to learn what they did. Besides, there was always the chance that an immensely powerful enemy was waiting for them and she was not going to miss the chance to test her strength against them again.

She transformed and quickly scanned the planet for Sasheem's ki. She already knew she would never be able to find Inanna's, but the Majin's chaotic energy was still as unique as it had ever been. "Take care of my niece. Her parents will be quite upset if anything happens to her." With that, she took off for the Majin and hopefully something informative. And exciting.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“No, you’ll be able to establish the connection yourself, though only between you two. Until you show others how to do it at least. It’s not as useful as actual training, but it is still a solid alternative if you’re waiting or if you don’t want to risk actual harm to each other.”
    " Yes, this is amazing. So I can hone techniques here, that's cool. Well, I'm looking for a way to develop a power-up technique that goes beyond Max Mode. I'm capable of compression my limbs," Praxat said.

" From Althena, I learn how to use the elastic energy I store by compression my limbs to enhanced my strikes. Right now, I can only use 40% of elastic energy to enhanced my strikes. I want to find a way to use more than that," Praxat said.

" Althena calls it the Way of Compression. It's something I wouldn't be able to do if my body wasn't conditioned to handle the pressure exerted by the elastic energy output. If my body wasn't as condition as it is now, even 40% of elastic energy would totally wreck my body," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.