Page 92 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The corpse seems barren and empty at first gaze. The silent behemoth body forever still, motionless, frozen in place.

Approaching, still there seems to be nothing for Parsley’s Observational Focus to see. It seems to slide off the massive form, without giving her details.

The only oddity seems the eyes, so far, as they appear petrified crystal instead of stone.
    Inanna's focus such as it was, was less so on the outward appearance of the Wish Dragon's corpse; but what lay at its center.

Undaunted- or perhaps simply too focused to express concern- the golden-eyed woman drifted closer on devilish wings. In a bid to place hands upon it.

'What did Night do to you...'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

He shrugs.

“I’m technically able to take over whenever Eva wishes, my apprenticeship formerly ending a bit ago. I chose it because I’ve always been drawn to it. My race, the Kai race, are natural in this way. We are literally born to be Guardians, higher Kai’s, or something if that equivalent.”
    "Ah guess ah can see that. Never been drawn to anything, 'cept bein the best Martial Artist ah could possibly be. Tried my hand at the Apprentice thing. It was okay at first, ah liked workin with Meagan on her projects, helping out when needed. Only, being a human on Chroma, ah kinda stood out. They treated me well, but after a while it was clear that many were uncomfortable with the idea of a non-Chromakai bein so close to the Guardianship. An, ah guess ah got a little homesick, an a little restless." Dash smiled slightly, "Meg was real good about it. We worked it out, an she got herself another Apprentice so it worked out."

"Even after all these years, ah still haven't figured out if there is anything else for me other than trainin." she gave him a sight shrug, "Anyway, thank you again for showin us this new trainin technique. Ah'm sure it will come in handy."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Upon closer examination, Parsley found... nothing. There was either something preventing her from peering through the veil to see what the eyes couldn't, or there was nothing behind the veil to see. What she was looking at was all there was to see, it seemed. Frustrating, but she supposed a long dead and petrified corpse would hold little in the way of secrets.

'I'm not getting anything from its corpse,' she told the others. 'It's like my vision is sliding off it, so I guess there's nothing to read.'

The only odd thing was the eyes, which seemed to be crystal instead of stone. Approaching it cautiously, she touched her hand to one of its eyes.
    As it touches, Parsley feels...burning. Her hand, stuck to the crystal now, burns with a fierce, impossible pain in the void of space. The eye itself seems to glimmer with long forgotten power as it burns her hand.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna's focus such as it was, was less so on the outward appearance of the Wish Dragon's corpse; but what lay at its center.

Undaunted- or perhaps simply too focused to express concern- the golden-eyed woman drifted closer on devilish wings. In a bid to place hands upon it.

'What did Night do to you...'
    Upon touching it, Inanna feels no residual power from the petrified body. Instead, an absence, an emptiness, as if the dragon was a husk.

Except for the eyes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

As it touches, Parsley feels...burning. Her hand, stuck to the crystal now, burns with a fierce, impossible pain in the void of space. The eye itself seems to glimmer with long forgotten power as it burns her hand.
    What the hell?!

Her hand was stuck. From the moment she touched it to the crystal eye, it was like it was glued to it. No matter how hard she pulled, she could pull it free. What was worse was the searing pain tearing through her hand and up her arm. The thing was hot, which shouldn't have been possible. 'My hand is stuck!'

Perhaps this was why her Focus missed earlier; she was looking in the wrong place. This creature appeared to still have a small portion of its power within itself, despite being long dead and turned to stone. Once again, she attempted Observational Focus to determine the power and perhaps what this crystal form its eyes had taken was supposed to be.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Ah guess ah can see that. Never been drawn to anything, 'cept bein the best Martial Artist ah could possibly be. Tried my hand at the Apprentice thing. It was okay at first, ah liked workin with Meagan on her projects, helping out when needed. Only, being a human on Chroma, ah kinda stood out. They treated me well, but after a while it was clear that many were uncomfortable with the idea of a non-Chromakai bein so close to the Guardianship. An, ah guess ah got a little homesick, an a little restless." Dash smiled slightly, "Meg was real good about it. We worked it out, an she got herself another Apprentice so it worked out."

"Even after all these years, ah still haven't figured out if there is anything else for me other than trainin." she gave him a sight shrug, "Anyway, thank you again for showin us this new trainin technique. Ah'm sure it will come in handy."
    Kai smiles.

“They don’t call be ‘Ronin’ Kai for nothing. I was a wanderer, trying to find what I wanted in life. It happens to us all, questioning what we want. I think you’re well on your way, Dash.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Upon touching it, Inanna feels no residual power from the petrified body. Instead, an absence, an emptiness, as if the dragon was a husk.

Except for the eyes.
    What the hell?!

Her hand was stuck. From the moment she touched it to the crystal eye, it was like it was glued to it. No matter how hard she pulled, she could pull it free. What was worse was the searing pain tearing through her hand and up her arm. The thing was hot, which shouldn't have been possible. 'My hand is stuck!'

Perhaps this was why her Focus missed earlier; she was looking in the wrong place. This creature appeared to still have a small portion of its power within itself, despite being long dead and turned to stone. Once again, she attempted Observational Focus to determine the power and perhaps what this crystal form its eyes had taken was supposed to be.
    Inanna was somewhat disappointed that the husk was simply that, and yet perhaps not as disappointed as she might reasonably have been. A Wishing Dragon was useful, void of energy or no... and the energy she sensed within the eye was tantalizing for sure.

So when Parsley explained she could not pry her hand away, the golden-eyed woman drifted up lazily.

'That does indeed sound like a problem.'

Watching a moment as the crystalline eye scorched her skin. Inanna drifted closer to assist... though not without her own meddling.

Reaching out toward the undisturbed eye, Inanna offered it her energy... in order to forge a link by means of Blood of the Earth.

OT: Blood of the Earth - Inanna is capable of manipulating stone, metal, and every variant in between as she can her Ki, allowing it to function as an extension of herself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Unlike you, I keep tabs on this world. Auroc had an eye for it, Jinzi and Eva specifically, and I intend to help kill him once and for all. Were you not hiding out, you would possibly know that," she sneered.
    "Ha! Why would Sasheem need to keep tabs when all he needs to do is act!" The Majin retorted.

With a shudder, a sigh, and a flash the three are ripped away from their native universe.

Suddenly, invasive cold rips into all three as the coldness of space hits them. Then the massive form of a dragon Tiamat’s size, seemingly petrified, can be seen looming in the distance before them, and unknown planet below it.
    "So what the hell killed this thing?" The Majin asked with a grunt, trying to ignore the feeling of instant nausea brewing in his stomach. "The washed up, destroyer, Sasheem guesses?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna was somewhat disappointed that the husk was simply that, and yet perhaps not as disappointed as she might reasonably have been. A Wishing Dragon was useful, void of energy or no... and the energy she sensed within the eye was tantalizing for sure.

So when Parsley explained she could not pry her hand away, the golden-eyed woman drifted up lazily.

'That does indeed sound like a problem.'

Watching a moment as the crystalline eye scorched her skin. Inanna drifted closer to assist... though not without her own meddling.

Reaching out toward the undisturbed eye, Inanna offered it her energy... in order to forge a link by means of Blood of the Earth.

OT: Blood of the Earth - Inanna is capable of manipulating stone, metal, and every variant in between as she can her Ki, allowing it to function as an extension of herself.
    The Majin cocked his head to the side, observing what Inanna and Parsley were doing with disdain. He didn't quite understand what was going on but a dragon, even a dead one....maybe especially a dead one was always of some import. Most interesting to him we what had killed it and if he could match whoever it was that did it.

Inanna, when the connection is made, you briefly see a raging energy burning away the dragon from the inside, it’s body petrified as a result. You also see a faint memory of its heart being stolen, replaced by the burning energy, which resulted in said petrification. Thousands of years it took to eat through the dragon, but now it’s literally a hollow shell save the eyes. Also, your connection there is incredibly volatile.

All that remained was the eyes, and that ever burning energy, one you are unfamiliar with, is what eats into Parsley’s hand.

Parsley, your Observational Focus sees the same strange energy, an orange white, blazing through the connection between you two. You also know for sure that if you stay connected it will eat through your entire body.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Inanna, when the connection is made, you briefly see a raging energy burning away the dragon from the inside, it’s body petrified as a result. You also see a faint memory of its heart being stolen, replaced by the burning energy, which resulted in said petrification. Thousands of years it took to eat through the dragon, but now it’s literally a hollow shell save the eyes. Also, your connection there is incredibly volatile.

All that remained was the eyes, and that ever burning energy, one you are unfamiliar with, is what eats into Parsley’s hand.

Parsley, your Observational Focus sees the same strange energy, an orange white, blazing through the connection between you two. You also know for sure that if you stay connected it will eat through your entire body.
    There was a burning energy within the dragon that was burning into her hand. If she stayed tethered to it as she was for much longer, it was going to eat through her entirely. An outcome that was less than desirable, needless to say. If her mind was any more panicked, she would have sliced her hand off. That was a last resort, but she had an idea that may have served a two-fold purpose. She produced a katchin knife and tried to carve the piece of the crystal eye around her hand out, to not only free and save herself but to also have a piece of the eye to analyze more closely.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Kai smiles.

“They don’t call be ‘Ronin’ Kai for nothing. I was a wanderer, trying to find what I wanted in life. It happens to us all, questioning what we want. I think you’re well on your way, Dash.”
    "Yeah this new training technique definitely will come in handy. Oh, I saw this obstinate, male Toadian, on the Lookout earlier. I attempt to get him to mentor me in swordsmanship, but he turned me down. I'm thinking about trying again or just look for some else to mentor me in swordsmanship," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Ah. So that was how it died.

Not enough that its heart was stolen, it had been replaced by whatever this energy was. Connection too volatile for more than echoes of what was, Inanna inhaled and offered more of herself in a bid to stabilize it.

Noticing that Parsley was attempting to scrape away a bit of the eye, the golden-eyed woman expressed a mote of concern.

'Careful, now. If the eye is shattered there is no telling what it will do.

Arx Inosaan

Inanna, it starts to work until Parsley takes her knife to it.

The eye ‘pops’, shattering into thousands of burning fragments that shower the three of you.

The energy fades after a moment, no longer sustained enough to burn through you, but each will have hundreds of cuts and small burns on your bodies.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Yeah this new training technique definitely will come in handy. Oh, I saw this obstinate, male Toadian, on the Lookout earlier. I attempt to get him to mentor me in swordsmanship, but he turned me down. I'm thinking about trying again or just look for some else to mentor me in swordsmanship," Praxat said.
    “Hmm, perhaps a human one instead? Or perhaps some training vids?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "If'n it comes down to it, ah may know someone who knows a thing or two about Swords. "Give it another try, then if he is still too stubborn, when we have time ah'll see what ah can do to help you."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.