Page 94 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 5560
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Once the eye was taken into a capsule, all three of you suddenly hear the music loud and clear.

Only it doesn’t just take over your bodies, it commands and flings all three towards the planet at speed.
    Parsley was about to respond to Inanna's suggestion to not only destroy the dragon, but also the nearby the planet when the flute return with force. It took over not only her, but Sasheem and Inanna and yanked them toward the planet.

Night, the being who could control souls and use the as puppets. Whoever he was, they were about to meet him face to face. Somehow, she didn't think she was going to like the encounter.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Once the eye was taken into a capsule, all three of you suddenly hear the music loud and clear.

Only it doesn’t just take over your bodies, it commands and flings all three towards the planet at speed.
    Inanna's thoughts on the matter were... simple. '****.'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The speed they were pulled out would have obliterated most upon impacting the planet’s atmosphere. After a few moments of intense reentry burning, the pull slowed them enough that when they impacted the ground amidst a valley between two massive mountains, it was more like they only fell ten feet or so.

Once situated and back on their feet, the first thing noticeable would be the horrifying silence. Not a sound, not a breathe of wind of beat of a birds wing could be heard. No animal calls, no babbling water, nothing. Just....silence. Amidst it, their own breathing and moving was almost akin to shouting.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The speed they were pulled out would have obliterated most upon impacting the planet’s atmosphere. After a few moments of intense reentry burning, the pull slowed them enough that when they impacted the ground amidst a valley between two massive mountains, it was more like they only fell ten feet or so.

Once situated and back on their feet, the first thing noticeable would be the horrifying silence. Not a sound, not a breathe of wind of beat of a birds wing could be heard. No animal calls, no babbling water, nothing. Just....silence. Amidst it, their own breathing and moving was almost akin to shouting.
    The planet was as dead as Terra, if not more so. That was the first thought Parsley had when she rose to her feet and got herself situated. There was no sound other than the sound of their own breathing and movements. Such a sentence had been used for hyperbole before, but it was very true in this case. She had never encountered a silence this complete, this expansive. It made her skin crawl and almost disoriented her.

He's here, somewhere, she thought to herself as her thoughts shifted to Night. The creature who managed to kill a wish dragon and somehow preserved it alive all this time. That event and this planet were connected somehow, but how?

She rose into the air a few inches above the ground and let Observational Focus spread as far as it could. She intended to find out as much about this world as she could before proceeding forward.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The planet was as dead as Terra, if not more so. That was the first thought Parsley had when she rose to her feet and got herself situated. There was no sound other than the sound of their own breathing and movements. Such a sentence had been used for hyperbole before, but it was very true in this case. She had never encountered a silence this complete, this expansive. It made her skin crawl and almost disoriented her.

He's here, somewhere, she thought to herself as her thoughts shifted to Night. The creature who managed to kill a wish dragon and somehow preserved it alive all this time. That event and this planet were connected somehow, but how?

She rose into the air a few inches above the ground and let Observational Focus spread as far as it could. She intended to find out as much about this world as she could before proceeding forward.
    She senses life all around. Animals, plants, trees, water, but not an once of sound.

It made the place even more unnerving. Nothing should be that quiet and still full of life.

But of Night? Nothing obviously him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Inanna made landfall with a look of annoyance mixed with anger, only to find herself in the planetary equivalent of a sound deprivation chamber. Which was certainly unsettling, but not more than the as of yet unseen assailant. Though realizing that they were for the moment un-accosted; the golden-eyed woman did the smart thing and attempted to return them- quickly- back to Universe 15.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

She senses life all around. Animals, plants, trees, water, but not an once of sound.

It made the place even more unnerving. Nothing should be that quiet and still full of life.

But of Night? Nothing obviously him.
    It was strange, she realized as she also realized she was wrong in her initial assessment. The planet they landed on wasn't as dead as Terra, not even close. Quite the opposite. It was rife with living creatures of every sort, plus bodies of water and an abundance of plant life. Yet, all the same, there was nary a sound to be heard outside of them. It was baffling and fascinating all at the same time.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Inanna preparing to send them back to their home universe. That was the prudent course to take; they were in serious danger and the longer they remained, the more dangerous their situation became. In the meantime, she sought to figure out the mystery of this sound deprivation. Was it the world around them, or was it something affecting their hearing? Perhaps it had to do with the music that drew them to this world in the first place.

She knew that Night was capable of controlling souls. She called it anima-mancy, or just animancy for brevity's sake. It wasn't magic, nor was it some kind of psychic ability. It was something never before seen. She wondered if such an ability would have an adverse effect on their hearing. Unfortunately, she had no means of testing this theory. Her observation could only tell her so much, and there was no magic for her detect. A sigh breezed through her lips as she waited for Inanna to finish so they could leave.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Just will it. Once one breaks the contact the other will as well automatically.”
    Looking to Praxat, "How 'bout it? Are you ready to head back to the real world?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

“Hmm, perhaps a human one instead? Or perhaps some training vids?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "If'n it comes down to it, ah may know someone who knows a thing or two about Swords. "Give it another try, then if he is still too stubborn, when we have time ah'll see what ah can do to help you."
    "Trainin vids don't substitute for the hard work only a master can push her to." Looking around the Mindspace one last time, Dash then asks Kai her final question, "So, how do we get outta here? Is there a trick to it?"
    “Just will it. Once one breaks the contact the other will as well automatically.”
    Looking to Praxat, "How 'bout it? Are you ready to head back to the real world?"
    " I already tried sword training videos, I need a master. Hmm, I really don't feel like giving someone who thinks my mother is a tyrant another try. Someone who's history is outdated and refuses to accept that things have changed," Praxat said.

" My mother is not a tyrant. She's a good political leader. Okay, I'm ready to go back to the real world now," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-20-2020 at 09:19 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I already tried sword training videos, I need a master. Hmm, I really don't feel like giving someone who thinks my mother is a tyrant another try. Someone who's history is outdated and refuses to accept that things have changed," Praxat said.

" My mother is not a tyrant. She's a good political leader. Okay, I'm ready to go back to the real world now," Praxat said.
    With that said, Dash replies, "All we have to do is will it." with that, she closes her eyes and says, "Time to wake up." as she wills herself back to the Lookout.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sasheem had slammed into the ground with such force that he had briefly melted into a puddle.

"Phleafe don't do fufeffer fyu his akhen...." Sasheem managed to utter as he reformed his body, his arms pressing against the earth as he pulled his face from the ground, making a sound skin to a strip of tape being ripped off a surface.

Sasheem looked up and shook his face back into it's normal shspe, looking at the other two, grumbling to himself.

Inanna, just before you manage to activate the teleport, your body freezes.

All three of you, in this near perfect and overbearing silence, hear the sound of a flute like instrument playing. In this odd stillness, the sound seems to echo and surround you.

From afar, instrument at his lips, strides a lone figure. With the hat drawn down it’s hard to see a face, but you can presume from the drawing that this is Night. He slowly walks forward, a haunting melody playing from the instrument, and a strange and unknown aura surrounding the entity.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With that said, Dash replies, "All we have to do is will it." with that, she closes her eyes and says, "Time to wake up." as she wills herself back to the Lookout.
    With Dash willing herself to wake up back in the real world. Praxat just waits for herself to automatically wake up back in the real world.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Inanna, just before you manage to activate the teleport, your body freezes.

All three of you, in this near perfect and overbearing silence, hear the sound of a flute like instrument playing. In this odd stillness, the sound seems to echo and surround you.

From afar, instrument at his lips, strides a lone figure. With the hat drawn down it’s hard to see a face, but you can presume from the drawing that this is Night. He slowly walks forward, a haunting melody playing from the instrument, and a strange and unknown aura surrounding the entity.
    Not even my own willpower... Inanna thought grimly, as Night- because of course it was- strode into view. To say an already bad situation was going to become worse was... an understatement. Though... This planet was far from dead. Silent, yes, but full to bursting with flora and fauna.

So Inanna, attempted to tap into it.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not even my own willpower... Inanna thought grimly, as Night- because of course it was- strode into view. To say an already bad situation was going to become worse was... an understatement. Though... This planet was far from dead. Silent, yes, but full to bursting with flora and fauna.

So Inanna, attempted to tap into it.
    She can access and tap into it.

Night walks up, standing only about twenty feet away now, and slowly stops playing. He pulls the flute away and looks at them all, cooper eyes scanning each under his hat.

He smiles slightly. Up close he looks human, but that aura was not that if a human.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM