Page 98 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Tami, Bruce go ahead and do a time jump post and head on into the RoSaT.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Tami, Bruce go ahead and do a time jump post and head on into the RoSaT.
    OOC: Thanks. As soon as Bruce and I are on at the same time, we'll go ahead. I contacted Bruce, so I'll go ahead and make the first post.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-23-2020 at 05:19 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The call screen expanded to a visual in the HUD, and on the other end the caller stared, a gloomy shadow. His thin face creased with hard lines highlighted the one, coal-black eye set deep under a fine brow.

The wind-tossed foliage carried with it the buzz of countless hidden insects. Despite the ambient, hissing heat of the apaprent tropics around him, the deathlike pallor of the man only futher pronounced a peculiar, remote coldness. A detached, if formal, voice spoke from him.

"Let's spare the formalities and get straight to it. This is Captain Ulysses Prizzm from Starship Penelope, access code 091225. This transmission is encrypted and..."

He paused and cleared his throat, as if he just realized this was a video call.

"...is this a bad time, Admiral," Ulysses asked flatly. "Pushing paper throw off your spatial equilibrium?"

The man swept a hand over his brow with a low grumble - something about land-lubbers.
    Held laughed at the mans abrupt, slightly belligerent demeanor. It had been so long since someone hadn't fawned over his rank or his resume, he found it refreshing to see someone entirely uninterested in either.

"Not a diplomat either...." He mumbled to himself, "Thank goodness..."

Did he call me a land-lubber? A man spends a bit of time doing desk work, and all of a sudden everyone thinks he can't fly a ship properly anymore...

"You're not wrong." Held replied, his mouth unleashing a rejoined while his mind sorted through the information given, "It's not an exaggeration to say I've developed a bit of an allergy to office work, but here we are."

Another display on the HUD appeared as Held looked over the access code given. So many cogs were at work, so many tasks, and agendas of a making not his own, he could hardly be tasked to know every access code and assignment by---

Oh.

Oh ****.

The file was read in its entirety at a swift glance, and it was safe to say that what this man had to say was of extreme interest to the Nevadian. After all, if this report would not interest the man responsible for the assignments existence in the first place, who would it interest?

"Whatever the case, we've delivered on our end of the commission. That sector they said was abandoned? Well, we've found a planet there. You can barely call it a Type One, real bunch of Alpha-Primitives living in this bush."

Suddenly, a sharp grin split his features. "Except for the royalty, that is. Our...cargo, they were particularly interested, especially the gloomy one who gave us the vector. When we touched down though, things...may have gotten a little out of hand with first contact."

His armour, brandishing the insignia of the Navigator's Guild, bore the ashen signs of recent combat.

"That aside, you want the good news first, or the bad news?"
    The conversation occupied Held's entire focus.

"You found a planet out there?" He repeated, confirming the information, "I'm surprised....I didn't expect to hear from anyone in your sector for quite some time in that uncharted region."

Much less to encounter hostiles.I'm sure they were well prepared, but if they actually made contact with them, then I don't give the Navagation Guild enough credit...

"But we'll have time to debrief more thoroughly later, I suppose." he continued, "Give me the bad news first. I prefer to finish strong."

Did he find them?
    Last edited by Miburo; 05-22-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Queen's Mettle I -- Still Waters

Sarada's first stop on her Archon grand tour was a realm of bubbling, rapidly flowing rivers dumping their contents into a massive ocean. The little land there was was filled with verdant marshes and tiny islands that could barely hold a house, much less anything else. She floated a few inches above the surface of the ocean. And took a look around. It was obvious which of the Archons she was going to face, so she decided to do what Parsley did and figure out how the hell she was going to maneuver her way around a dimension...diamonds...demons...whatever the **** fancy word the Crystal one used made entirely of its element.

"Welcome, Saiyan," greeted the Archon. Uisce was its name, not that Sarada had any hope of correctly pronouncing that. "I will be your first opponent. Perhaps you will learn something during this combat you crave so much."

"Heh, maybe I will." The creature was, unsurprisingly, basically just a Saiyanoid figure comprised entirely of water. Her aura flared as she shot forward, jutting her foot out as an opening salvo.

As predicted, her foot and the rest of her body when straight through it. "Tch."

"I believe you will find me quite difficult to strike." There was an annoying note of amusement in its voice, which made her grimace.
    Physical attacks weren't going to work. That much was obvious right away. If her and Parsley's fight with the Ice Archon was any indication, this one would just reform after sustaining any damage. And with a nearly infinite supply of water at its disposal, there was no limit to how much it could regenerate.

The fight had only just started and she was already in a bad spot. Stupid water. Okay, think, Sarada. How can I make it so I can punch water? She could have blown up and evaporated the water. That would stop the evaporation, but it neglected to properly deal with the Archon. Besides, there was a fucking lot of water. She could use a stronger attack to make sure, but that would threaten to blow up the entire planet, which was not on her list of things to try.

As she was thinking, she neglected to keep track of her opponent. A powerful burst of water struck her in the chest, knocking her out of the air and into the water. She could swim, but breathing underwater was an ability that was absent in the Saiyan skillset. She formed a shield over her head to serve as an air bubble of sorts, but quickly realized that it 1) was full of water, and 2) had no air. ****! The barrier disengaged and she quickly started flying toward the surface.

She was halfway when suddenly, she slowed then outright stopped. What the hell?!
    "Escape will not be that easy, child," the Archon spoke, its voice echoing through the entire body of water and coming at Sarada from all angles.

Crap! Now what do I do? She powered up again in an attempt to overpower the Archon's control, only for the underwater pressure to dramatically increase on her ribcage. She was being squeezed like a bellows and had precious little air left to work with.

That was bad enough; then, water started to force itself up her nose and down her windpipe. She's trying to fucking drown me!

Water was quickly filling her lungs, which only confirmed her fear. She was going to die in her first battle and there wasn't a fucking thing she could do to put an end to it. The only prudent thing was to surrender. No, **** that! She let out a sounded, warbled cry and powered up even more in a vain attempt to push the Archon away. Surrounded by its element of choice, she had nary a chance of success, but it she could just clear her airway, she could figure something out.

Nothing doing.

Pitch darkness was steadily creeping into her field of vision. Her lungs were burning. She was going to drown any moment.

"Is this all the Saiyan Queen has to offer? A paltry attempt to swim against the river's current?"

Sarada was trapped, but the Archon's words touched her. Not in any kind of sentimental BS way, but she finally realized what she needed to do.
    Sometimes, she frequented the beaches of Ruco and there, she would often swim in the pristine, crystal-clear ocean. The occasions were rare, but there would, at times, form a riptide when swept swimmers further out to sea. Trying to swim to shore only resulted in the person drowning. No, surviving a riptide required a clear, calm head and a diversion from instinct. Swimming horizontally with the coast was the only way to escape.

This was the same. She needed to calm down and to divert from her instincts. Her instincts told her that she needed to swim to the surface. What she needed to do was to swim to the floor. From there, she could use her Galick Gun to propel herself to the surface and freedom.
    It felt like her chest was on fire. She was acting on grit alone. There was barely any strength left in her body to stay awake, much less swim. But, she needed to do both if she was going to make it through this alive. Come on. Fucking push through! Her mental pep talk was enough to spur her body to keep pushing through its exhaustion and tenuous circumstance.

The ocean floor was countless miles below where she started, which was fairly deep in itself, but she made it. It was dark as pitch; the sun's light couldn't reach all the way to where she was, leaving her in unnerving darkness. Only her aura provided a measure of light, but not enough for her to see what was lurking beyond its regal edge. Her hands touched the sandy floor.

"Hm? Now what is this?"

Her aura fired to life, even as she lost her Super Saiyan glow. Galick Gun. A purple orb formed in her hands, touched against the sand below her. She needed to focus, or else she was going to destroy the planet. Focus. She needed a calm mind, like a serene river. FIRE!

The trademark violet beam of the Saiyan Elites erupted from her hand and smashed against the ocean floor. The ground shook as its power threatened to tear the world apart, but Sarada mustered enough focus to keep it from detonating. Instead, it acted as a spring of sorts and pushed her upward. Like a rocket, she cut through the vast ocean darkness. Light from the sun touched her, filling her with the hope that she was almost free.

She exploded out of the ocean and into the air. Like a lifeless marionette tossed haphazardly into the air, she flopped onto a small island. Immediately, she rolled over and started coughing up copious amounts of water. It felt like she was coughing up salt water for five whole minutes before she could breathe again. "Guh...agh...ugh...****."

"You survived," Uisce noted with a hint of amusement. "Good. I was worried my training methods were too volatile. I am glad to see this was not the case."

"Why...you..." She struggled to her feet, only to fall to a knee.

"Still stubborn. I suppose that is a trait no amount of harsh lessons will drown out." A bubbly gurgle that sounded suspiciously like a laugh bubbled out of it before it continued. "You have learned the value of a clear mind during battle. Excellent. It will aid you moving forward, not just today, but in the days to come. That is what I intended to teach you, and you succeeded."

"Hooray," she cheered weakly.

"When you are ready, I will lead you to the next demense and your next lesson."

She couldn't help but notice it said lesson and not fight. She was afraid that she wasn't going to win any of these, despite all the power she managed to amass over the last eleven or so months. Surviving was good and all, but just surviving against Tundra wasn't going to cut it. The same went for Auroc, Genesis, and even Sakin whenever he decided to peel himself off his space sofa and actually do something besides eat cheese curds. "Fine. I appreciate it. Who's next?"

"Goath, Archon of the Wind."

Fucking great. She already knew how that one was going to go.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held laughed at the mans abrupt, slightly belligerent demeanor. It had been so long since someone hadn't fawned over his rank or his resume, he found it refreshing to see someone entirely uninterested in either.

"Not a diplomat either...." He mumbled to himself, "Thank goodness..."

Did he call me a land-lubber? A man spends a bit of time doing desk work, and all of a sudden everyone thinks he can't fly a ship properly anymore...

"You're not wrong." Held replied, his mouth unleashing a rejoined while his mind sorted through the information given, "It's not an exaggeration to say I've developed a bit of an allergy to office work, but here we are."

Another display on the HUD appeared as Held looked over the access code given. So many cogs were at work, so many tasks, and agendas of a making not his own, he could hardly be tasked to know every access code and assignment by---

Oh.

Oh ****.

The file was read in its entirety at a swift glance, and it was safe to say that what this man had to say was of extreme interest to the Nevadian. After all, if this report would not interest the man responsible for the assignments existence in the first place, who would it interest?

The conversation occupied Held's entire focus.

"You found a planet out there?" He repeated, confirming the information, "I'm surprised....I didn't expect to hear from anyone in your sector for quite some time in that uncharted region."

Much less to encounter hostiles.I'm sure they were well prepared, but if they actually made contact with them, then I don't give the Navagation Guild enough credit...

"But we'll have time to debrief more thoroughly later, I suppose." he continued, "Give me the bad news first. I prefer to finish strong."

Did he find them?
    "Don't tell me you've gone soft on us after Nevada Prime, sir," came the reply, "Hell of a way to pull through on that one. Though, I hate to say that's no longer the worst thing I've seen on assignment."

Ulysses turned, and the viewfinder of his transmission followed him at a distance over the shoulder.

"The bad news is, this place is as much a frontier world for us as it is for them. I'd assumed your consultants were locals or something, how else did they figure out the way here? Whatever the case, we've found our way...which led to the discovery of this."

Pressing a button in his gauntlet, in real-time a holographic map began to render on display. Data from remote surveillance transponders loaded itself bit-by-bit into a rotating three-dimensional image. They followed Ulysses' position as he walked toward a towering step pyramid peeking through the forest around them, matters of alien manufacture juxtaposing starkly with the primitive trappings around it.

As he moved forward, motion trackers caught any number of things moving in the brush. Branches snapped underfoot as Ulysses pressed ahead into a fog of rhythmic chanting. Suddenly a dark shape lunged at him from the undergrowth. Its burnished, jointed shape was almost insect-like, but gaps in the carapace exposed flesh and face like a man.

Except for its eyes. Pluming with the dark smoke of possession, the creature was like one of many uncanny duplicates that lay scattered in deathly repose on the temple grounds.

A stone picked to a fanged point fell forward from this adversary. Ulysses lifted his left hand up on his blind side, a shield of hard light manifesting to repel his attacker. Grimacing, a flash flooded the visual feed as he brought up his other hand in an almost lazy, practiced motion, followed by the sound of a plasma sword chopping clean through flesh and a bloody howl.

"He'll live," he muttered, then turned to bark orders to the Nevadian privateers under his command, "bring him up with the others!"

Passing from the undergrowth, standing atop a great stone dais a frenzied, victorious scream shook the air and the sounds of death dealt at the end of some combat.

"There's one of the locals now," the Captain continued, "Near as I can tell, he's a warrior-priest of their Old Way. Couldn't even find a decent culture to be colonized by, I'd be frustrated too."

The sun at this hour fell golden through the veiled mists amid stone temples. Stone facets raised in worship in arranged rows had their grounds marked with rows of carved skull motifs. But they stood in the shadow under the the largest.

At the head of dark tower, a face was carved in effigy. Narrow eyes set uncannily close, its nasal structure eroded, a mouth fit perhaps unnaturally a bit too high. Embossed in its crown was a signatory, hollowed-out 'M'.

"Well, the good news is a manner of perspective. Once we found this city over there, we found the settlement...for all three of them."

Taking to the air, he rapidly began to ascend to the top.

"What your boys called Threshlings."
    Last edited by grampagen; 05-23-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh? Well, good for her." Dash stood upright, "Might as well check to see if the library is open. Maybe we can find some reading materials." She then began walking out towards the entance to the Lookout's library.
    After spending several hours in the Library, Dash's senses tingle. Standing up, she realizes that the two Saiyans have just left the RoSaT. "Prax, did you sense that? Pinach has really gotten stronger. Come on, it looks like it's our turn." Putting the books away, Dash lived up to her name and quickly headed towards the RoSaT entrance.

There was no sign of the Saiyans, but it was clear that they have left the room. She waited for Praxat before entering.

He nods.

‘Go in Peace, Saiyan Princess.’

He looks to Sasheem now.
    The Majin blinked in thought. After a moment of inspired contempkation, he uttered, "Hey man, you ever had a taco? Get ya haven't" He asked, turning a nearby tree into a pile of them. "Go ham on ' em, dickhead."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The Majin blinked in thought. After a moment of inspired contempkation, he uttered, "Hey man, you ever had a taco? Get ya haven't" He asked, turning a nearby tree into a pile of them. "Go ham on ' em, dickhead."
    For a single moment, Night stares at Sasheem. A thin smile crosses his lips as a single taco hovers up and goes to Night. He cautiously takes a bite, then narrows his eyes. He nods to Sasheem, plays a quick note to make the rest of the taco’s float up, and then turns his back on them all and walks away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Don't tell me you've gone soft on us after Nevada Prime, sir," came the reply, "Hell of a way to pull through on that one. Though, I hate to say that's no longer the worst thing I've seen on assignment."

Ulysses turned, and the viewfinder of his transmission followed him at a distance over the shoulder.

"The bad news is, this place is as much a frontier world for us as it is for them. I'd assumed your consultants were locals or something, how else did they figure out the way here? Whatever the case, we've found our way...which led to the discovery of this."
    "It's a mix of knowing people in high places, an----"

Pressing a button in his gauntlet, in real-time a holographic map began to render on display. Data from remote surveillance transponders loaded itself bit-by-bit into a rotating three-dimensional image. They followed Ulysses' position as he walked toward a towering step pyramid peeking through the forest around them, matters of alien manufacture juxtaposing starkly with the primitive trappings around it.

As he moved forward, motion trackers caught any number of things moving in the brush. Branches snapped underfoot as Ulysses pressed ahead into a fog of rhythmic chanting. Suddenly a dark shape lunged at him from the undergrowth. Its burnished, jointed shape was almost insect-like, but gaps in the carapace exposed flesh and face like a man.

Except for its eyes. Pluming with the dark smoke of possession, the creature was like one of many uncanny duplicates that lay scattered in deathly repose on the temple grounds.

A stone picked to a fanged point fell forward from this adversary. Ulysses lifted his left hand up on his blind side, a shield of hard light manifesting to repel his attacker. Grimacing, a flash flooded the visual feed as he brought up his other hand in an almost lazy, practiced motion, followed by the sound of a plasma sword chopping clean through flesh and a bloody howl.

"He'll live," he muttered, then turned to bark orders to the Nevadian privateers under his command, "bring him up with the others!"

Passing from the undergrowth, standing atop a great stone dais a frenzied, victorious scream shook the air and the sounds of death dealt at the end of some combat.

"There's one of the locals now," the Captain continued, "Near as I can tell, he's a warrior-priest of their Old Way. Couldn't even find a decent culture to be colonized by, I'd be frustrated too."

The sun at this hour fell golden through the veiled mists amid stone temples. Stone facets raised in worship in arranged rows had their grounds marked with rows of carved skull motifs. But they stood in the shadow under the the largest.

At the head of dark tower, a face was carved in effigy. Narrow eyes set uncannily close, its nasal structure eroded, a mouth fit perhaps unnaturally a bit too high. Embossed in its crown was a signatory, hollowed-out 'M'.

"Well, the good news is a manner of perspective. Once we found this city over there, we found the settlement...for all three of them."

Taking to the air, he rapidly began to ascend to the top.

"What your boys called Threshlings."
    The hairs on the back of his neck stood on edge as the Captain confirmed the Admirals suspicions.

Finally, progress.

"Well Done, Captain." Held replied, his pleasure evident in his voice, "Just knowing they have a foothold in that sector helps narrow the search immeasurably."

The Threshling empire had loomed in the shadows for years now. Alluded to by the terror that was Jagam and the priestess who accompanied him. And even that spoke volumes of those people, as Jagam's madness was only a prelude of things to come. Caused in no small part by the pressures put upon him by his people, seeing a half-breed threshing such as himself as a cursed being.

Nevalinna and Loup were threshlings, but apparently of a different mindset than those of the empire. Supposedly excommunicated as a result of this. Held had his suspicions originally, but the two of them had more than acquitted themselves over time.

Besides, it was thanks to their words, that he was even aware of the empire, and it's plan for conquest.

Well, until Auroc somehow managed his show of power on Earth, managing to make the planets mightiest warriors--Held included--bow their heads in subjugation to him, if only for a moment.

He made no overtures of peace, or pretenses about his goals. He would have Earth, and likely the Saiyan empire, and although he never mentioned it, if he was as deeply bent on universal domination as implied by both himself, and those of his race on earth, Namek, Chroma, Toadia and eventually Nevada and it's federation would soon follow.

Which was not particularly an idea Held savored.

An unseen enemy lurking, poised to strike like a snake....Even if the invasion of Earth, or Vocado were repelled, those the Threshlings attacked would always find themselves on the defensive.

In the case of Nevada, they would have been unaware of the threat, had Held not returned to tell them of it, the Nevadian Federation existing vast interstellar distances away from Vocado, let alone earth.

The Threshling threat would likely not reach their doorstep for sometime, but it was better to prepare now and try to neutralize it, than to realize they acted too late.

And so, Held found himself stuck in purgatory, promoted and given the Sisyphean task of locating the specter he spoke of, using the resources of his rank.

And finally. Finally. There was something to show for it.

That 'M' was unmistakable, a symbol to the ego and power of Auroc. Of course he would have dedicated entire structures to his supposed godhood.

".....This is excellent." Held continued, nodding his head, indifferent to the callous manner in which Ulysses disposed of his attacker, his gaze fixated on the data supplied to him. "We're not chasing ghost anymore, we're just following a trail."

He pushed a button on the suits keypad as he spoke.

"If we can establish an outpost there, we should be able conduct our searches more vigorously. As I'm sure you know, we've had to cast our net wider than I'd prefer to get this far. Resources and people aren't infinite after all."

A platform floated beneath the Nevadian, who disengaged his thrusters, touching the platform with an inaudible thump.

"I'll go over your report and allocate what I can to your sector....Although 'paper pushing' as you put it, is a delicate art. Try not to get too ambitious until we figure this out further."

He pursed his lips together.

Should I contact--No, it's too soon. Besides, this is a Nevada matter right now...I can't exactly go around blabbing classified information the second I get excited.

"Obviously, you'll be getting a raise in the meantime."
    Last edited by Miburo; 05-23-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After spending several hours in the Library, Dash's senses tingle. Standing up, she realizes that the two Saiyans have just left the RoSaT. "Prax, did you sense that? Pinach has really gotten stronger. Come on, it looks like it's our turn." Putting the books away, Dash lived up to her name and quickly headed towards the RoSaT entrance.

There was no sign of the Saiyans, but it was clear that they have left the room. She waited for Praxat before entering.
    Praxat quickly arrives at the RoSaT entrance." I know, I can sense it," Praxat said as she enters the RoSaT.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    For a single moment, Night stares at Sasheem. A thin smile crosses his lips as a single taco hovers up and goes to Night. He cautiously takes a bite, then narrows his eyes. He nods to Sasheem, plays a quick note to make the rest of the taco’s float up, and then turns his back on them all and walks away.
    When Night walked away, satisfied with a pile of tacos, Parsley breathed out a sigh. He was happy with their offerings as a whole, and she very much wanted to go home before he changed his mind.

"Take us home before something else goes wrong," she said to Inanna.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat quickly arrives at the RoSaT entrance." I know, I can sense it," Praxat said as she enters the RoSaT.
    Dash enters as well and finds herself in a small building. To each side is a wing, with at least two bedrooms, a kitchen, and other necessities for their stay.

As they head towards the front entrance of the building, as they leave they can see the vast, white nothingness of the void beyond. Taking a step off of the stairs and onto this white void, she could suddenly feel the increase in the gravity. This close to the building, it is tolerable yet a strain to move. Further out, she imagines that the effects will only get worse.

"Praxat, just a reminder. We can go out there, but not too far. If we lose sight of this house, we might get lost for real. Let's get settled inside first, then come out an do some basic workouts to adjust to the gravity. One day to adjust is all we can afford, then we gotta push ourselves hard." As she spoke, she backed up onto the front porch of the building that will be their home for next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Night walked away, satisfied with a pile of tacos, Parsley breathed out a sigh. He was happy with their offerings as a whole, and she very much wanted to go home before he changed his mind.

"Take us home before something else goes wrong," she said to Inanna.
    Inanna sighed, and severed her connection to the planet, before whisking the three of them back to U15, and specifically the Lookout; with their prize won.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna sighed, and severed her connection to the planet, before whisking the three of them back to U15, and specifically the Lookout; with their prize won.
    When they returned, she wordlessly walked off to find Eva.

She had noticed Inanna gathering energy from the planet they just left, from the moment Night captured them to just before they left. It was smart. An attack that nearly killed Auroc likely wouldn't have done much, if anything to someone of Night's purported power, but it would have given them at least a moment to escape with their lives intact.

She went over what they learned in her head before finding Eva. They knew that the dragon, Jormunder, was killed because he failed to offer a suitable tribute to Night for trespassing on his "property". Which she assumed merely glancing at his world for too long. The power needed to not only kill a wish dragon - the power they possessed was unknown to her, but she assumed they had to be fairly powerful - was immense. Once she got stronger, she would have enjoyed the opportunity to test her strength against his, and see if she could muscle her way out of his control. It would have been a fine test of will, if nothing else.

His planet was an ordinary, if not strange one. She neglected to ask about the nature of its soundless atmosphere, but the desire to leave that place overrode whatever curiosity she may have had. She had a feeling that Night himself was responsible. The fact that he had no voice - or at least no ability to speak - and could only speak through music was not only a clue that may have proven that hypothesis, but also a strange thing in and of itself. Perhaps he detested the sound of anything other than his flute? She doubted that was the case, as he allowed them the chance to speak.

A thing to inquire when she returned to his world in a year, at the most.

That was about it as far as Night was concerned, unless she was forgetting something. The dragon, on the other hand... the case of its eyes being the only part of its body not turned to stone was strange. Maybe it had to do with the nature of its eyes. Or perhaps even that was Night's doing. He seemed to have a liking of them, or at least hers; and she was at least partially certain that was because she used her powers of observation on him and this world and he might have wanted that for himself. Or maybe he just liked eyes. Either way, they would find out something when Inanna finished her analysis of the crystal eye she managed to pry loose.

She looked at her burned and injured hand. The glove had been burned through, as had the skin of her palm down to the muscle. It would heal in time, but it was bothersome inconvenience. I'll deal with it later.

"Eva?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When they returned, she wordlessly walked off to find Eva.

She had noticed Inanna gathering energy from the planet they just left, from the moment Night captured them to just before they left. It was smart. An attack that nearly killed Auroc likely wouldn't have done much, if anything to someone of Night's purported power, but it would have given them at least a moment to escape with their lives intact.

She went over what they learned in her head before finding Eva. They knew that the dragon, Jormunder, was killed because he failed to offer a suitable tribute to Night for trespassing on his "property". Which she assumed merely glancing at his world for too long. The power needed to not only kill a wish dragon - the power they possessed was unknown to her, but she assumed they had to be fairly powerful - was immense. Once she got stronger, she would have enjoyed the opportunity to test her strength against his, and see if she could muscle her way out of his control. It would have been a fine test of will, if nothing else.

His planet was an ordinary, if not strange one. She neglected to ask about the nature of its soundless atmosphere, but the desire to leave that place overrode whatever curiosity she may have had. She had a feeling that Night himself was responsible. The fact that he had no voice - or at least no ability to speak - and could only speak through music was not only a clue that may have proven that hypothesis, but also a strange thing in and of itself. Perhaps he detested the sound of anything other than his flute? She doubted that was the case, as he allowed them the chance to speak.

A thing to inquire when she returned to his world in a year, at the most.

That was about it as far as Night was concerned, unless she was forgetting something. The dragon, on the other hand... the case of its eyes being the only part of its body not turned to stone was strange. Maybe it had to do with the nature of its eyes. Or perhaps even that was Night's doing. He seemed to have a liking of them, or at least hers; and she was at least partially certain that was because she used her powers of observation on him and this world and he might have wanted that for himself. Or maybe he just liked eyes. Either way, they would find out something when Inanna finished her analysis of the crystal eye she managed to pry loose.

She looked at her burned and injured hand. The glove had been burned through, as had the skin of her palm down to the muscle. It would heal in time, but it was bothersome inconvenience. I'll deal with it later.

"Eva?"
    She walks over.

“Are you ok?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM