Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol that's a lotta embarrassment

Ha I want this to be a Electronica band

Hm but when it comes to making a movie about a character kinda too late
    How so?
    That was the image i feel ike set up. Like as a way to make it not work before the initiative started he added diversity by replacing a lot of white characters. Ms. Marvel, Captain America, the list goes on. For someone in his business i feel he knew exactly what he was doing. Well if they want diversity let's send the message that the only way it can be done is to replace white characters and give their roles to people of color rather than ADD to the MU by creating new important roles inhabited by characters of color. He went into his "initiative" with a way to make it negative rather than positive. He turned it into a battle.

Just wanted to make my view clear a mod can delete or lock this thread. No point rehashing it apparently.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-11-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    This thread isn't about Disney, it's about one individual.
    Go police someone else's posts.

I find it highly unlikely Ike was the one to push for diverse legacy characters or that he even agreed to the idea. I also dont think it was done purposefully to sabotage the effort to add diversity in comics, that was just a side benefit.

Astonishing Member

So the guy who orderd that the make less black widow toys and collectable and tried to make all the lady's in the mcu never be more then a pretty face was against diversity ? Why restate the obvious ? If it wasent for Ike we could have gotten a black widow and black panther move soon.... I feel like more people need to remind Disney we dont like Ike.

Also why isnt this in the main marvel thread ?

BANNED

Whats the point of posting in a thread only to ask whats the point of the thread, if u got nothing to say just go. You'd think reading some replies that people were held at gun point required to leave a reply in every thread they visit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which would be understandable to an extent if said person wasn't also making racist remarks such as all black people look alike among other things.
    You won't find me arguing Perlmutter isn't personally a racist, I just don't think it's helpful to draw a one-on-one line between Perlmutter's personal beliefs and what's currently happening in Marvel Comics. When he thought a more diverse lineup would help sales, that's what we got; when Iger decides that more white male heroes do better at the box office, that's what we'll get.

Dragging Perlmutter is good; putting our trust in people who aren't really very different from him isn't.

Just to be clear, maybe i'm just naive. With all the post after post about how mutants are oppressed it genuinely shocked me to see the responses. I don't post here all the time, i disappear for long periods of time so seeing it after going round and round and round in circles with the whole mutant vs. human thing like oh it don't matter because we knew it. It shocked me. I can't act like it didn't. That's just my initial reaction maybe it's unfair i don't know i can't say but it's just how it made me feel seeing it. I can 100% agree maybe i'm being sensitive but it really shocked me given the discussions we have been having around here going round and round over the same stuff.
    No one is saying it doesn’t matter. And AFAIK I don’t think anyone is dismissing the seriousness of a dangerous man like that having so much power, All I’m seeing are people who just plain aren’t surprised that this man is racist, full stop. That’s it. It also doesn’t mean that it isn’t something that we should discuss, just that Feige saying that Ike was racist is kind of a “duh” moment, but hopefully him being free enough to say that means that the paradigm is shifting in Marvel headquarters. I’m sure he’s the one saying that we can’t have things like a bi Psylocke or explicitly trans mutants or more racial inclusivity across all the Marvel titles.

BANNED

Isnt Permullter known for being petty and unstable to the point he'll make bad business decisions on a whim? Thats how we got the inhumans push.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Whats the point of posting in a thread only to ask whats the point of the thread, if u got nothing to say just go. You'd think reading some replies that people were held at gun point required to leave a reply in every thread they visit.
    ...Nope, nevermind.

Perlmutter wanted X-ripoffs to piss on Fox, so he pushed the Inhumans. So, yeah, pettiness.

Astonishing Member

Isnt Permullter known for being petty and unstable to the point he'll make bad business decisions on a whim? Thats how we got the inhumans push.
    Dont forget activity trying to make less merchindice with female characters, rember that or how were were intended to get black widows movie earlier ? Ike's hampering her development was one of the reasion that they had to kill her off. Really wish I know why he thought that marvel having the first female lead super hero movie was a bad idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Whatever you can say about the quality of the movies, it's objective that MCU fans hated Ike and wanted him anywhere else. He was the one behind the Inhumans push.
    Wasn't he also responsible for the media embargo on the X-Men and FF?

I'm curious as to why he still has a job. Is Disney about to fire him because Feige could be bringing heat on to disney with this confirmation they have a person who feels this way on their payroll. Especially with the amount of visibility Marvel has now in the movie world.
    Disney can't fire him because he was in charge when Disney bought Marvel, and his contract to stay in his job at the time was ironclad. They basically can't do anything about him but slowly undercut his authority.

By the way, he was also the big one pushing for the Inhumans, both comics and awful TV show. A lot of people blame him for their rather nasty supremacist underpinings.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't he also responsible for the media embargo on the X-Men and FF?
    Pretty sure, yeah.

I find it highly unlikely Ike was the one to push for diverse legacy characters or that he even agreed to the idea. I also dont think it was done purposefully to sabotage the effort to add diversity in comics, that was just a side benefit.
    I think Ike was generally hands off when the comics, but when he did get involved, he made pretty strict mandates. I doubt he was really paying too much attention to what was happening in the titles; but he'd drop edicts like the Inhumans push, the FF cancellation, and the X-Men downplaying.

I do remember BleedingCool reporting that he might have actually mandated they give Spider-Gwen an ongoing, but that was because he was afraid of Sony getting there first and that complicating matters on some level.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think Ike was generally hands off when the comics, but when he did get involved, he made pretty strict mandates. I doubt he was really paying too much attention to what was happening in the titles; but he'd drop edicts like the Inhumans push, the FF cancellation, and the X-Men downplaying.

I do remember BleedingCool reporting that he might have actually mandated they give Spider-Gwen an ongoing, but that was because he was afraid of Sony getting there first and that complicating matters on some level.
    As a Spider-Fan, that might be the one good thing he did at/for Marvel, but that doesn't negate how pernicious his overall attitude and behavior was for Marvel as a whole.
    The spider is always on the hunt.