Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Default What is your worst idea for a Marvel comic

I see Marvel writers saying they get too many requests and that they are not allowed to read any of them for legal reasons. I would imagine most of them are pretty bad.

So what are some ideas for Marvel books that you have that are absolutely terrible. I'm talking about ideas that almost nobody would buy or like but you.

Here are some of mine:

-Scott Lang as anyone's sidekick (he rides in their pocket)
    -The Watcher finally snaps and starts taking down Earth villains
    -A one-shot about the Celestials with no dialogue
    -Baby Thanos goes back in time to try and raise baby Frank Castle to be a bad guy

Share your worst ideas below!
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    This one is not a bad idea at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I see Marvel writers saying they get too many requests and that they are not allowed to read any of them for legal reasons. I would imagine most of them are pretty bad.

So what are some ideas for Marvel books that you have that are absolutely terrible. I'm talking about ideas that almost nobody would buy or like but you.

Here are some of mine:

-Baby Thanos goes back in time to try and raise baby Frank Castle to be a bad guy

Marvel had a month of no dialogue called 'Nuff Said. Then there was the GI Joe Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow back in the '80s.

Create a silent comic about the Celestials with the art of Mike del Mundo and I will buy it and happily stare at the beautiful pictures.

Bad idea: have Rob Liefield write and draw it.

-Pav, who wouldn't care for that...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A one-shot about the Celestials with no dialogue
    Actually, with the right art team, this could be one of the most badass one-shots ever. Especially if it's another Celestials vs. the Gods type slugfest.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

My worst idea isn't something I like or would buy unless I could use it as a huge tax deduction. It would be called Contest of Champions: The Breeders' Cup. Suffice to say, this is definitely a one-shot.

The story opens with several skyfathers and cosmic types in a bar getting drunk off their arses and talking shite as gods are wont to do. Somehow the topic of progeny surfaces and all assembled take turns proclaiming the long lineage of races that they've sired across the multiverse. Yep, it's a progeny pissing contest. Sensing an opportunity, the Grandmaster steps forward and challenges the entire lot to a game.

The rules are simple. All of the assembled (referred hereafter as "contestants") must place a portion of their godly, divine, or cosmic essences into a chalice. When all have done so, each contestant will then take turns drinking from the chalice. The winner would be the person whose essence infiltrates or "impregnates" a majority of the other contestants.

The first contestant, Ares, laughs heartily, takes a swig and then passes the chalice on to Odin, who takes a deep gulp before passing the chalice on to the In-Betweener...so on and so forth. When the chalice finally returns to the Grandmaster, he chuckles nervously before the laughing crowd and then promptly guzzles down the last of it, showing the bottom of the chalice to the group to prove that all of their essences had been consumed.

And now, the wait.

Several minutes go by and nothing happens. The music kicks up again at the quarter hour mark and the festivities recommence anew. But then, unexpectedly, Odin succumbs, his body turning prune black. He is followed by the Contemplator, Zeus, Mentor and Abraxis. All prune black. The roar of festivities soon turns into shouts of fear and disbelief. Within minutes the entire room is filled with coal shriveled visages … all save one.

Everyone turns to the Grandmaster who remains unchanged. And yet, all about the Grandmaster the light dims and wisps of shadow and soot form. With a sinister laugh the Grandmaster shimmers, his tall majestic carriage creaks and collapses until only the Crone remains. "I win, I win!" she screams. "I have birthed my dark seed into each of you. But why the long faces? Surely, you all know by now that there is none in all of the multiverse more prolific than Death?! Ha ha ha ha!!!"

The cosmic winds howl and soon there is naught left in the bar but ash and the dark maiden humming her favorite ditty.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    My worst idea isn't something I like or would buy unless I could use it as a huge tax deduction. It would be called Contest of Champions: The Breeders' Cup. Suffice to say, this is definitely a one-shot.

The story opens with several skyfathers and cosmic types in a bar getting drunk off their arses and talking shite as gods are wont to do. Somehow the topic of progeny surfaces and all assembled take turns proclaiming the long lineage of races that they've sired across the multiverse. Yep, it's a progeny pissing contest. Sensing an opportunity, the Grandmaster steps forward and challenges the entire lot to a game.

The rules are simple. All of the assembled (referred hereafter as "contestants") must place a portion of their godly, divine, or cosmic essences into a chalice. When all have done so, each contestant will then take turns drinking from the chalice. The winner would be the person whose essence infiltrates or "impregnates" a majority of the other contestants.

The first contestant, Ares, laughs heartily, takes a swig and then passes the chalice on to Odin, who takes a deep gulp before passing the chalice on to the In-Betweener...so on and so forth. When the chalice finally returns to the Grandmaster, he chuckles nervously before the laughing crowd and then promptly guzzles down the last of it, showing the bottom of the chalice to the group to prove that all of their essences had been consumed.

And now, the wait.

Several minutes go by and nothing happens. The music kicks up again at the quarter hour mark and the festivities recommence anew. But then, unexpectedly, Odin succumbs, his body turning prune black. He is followed by the Contemplator, Zeus, Mentor and Abraxis. All prune black. The roar of festivities soon turns into shouts of fear and disbelief. Within minutes the entire room is filled with coal shriveled visages … all save one.

Everyone turns to the Grandmaster who remains unchanged. And yet, all about the Grandmaster the light dims and wisps of shadow and soot form. With a sinister laugh the Grandmaster shimmers, his tall majestic carriage creaks and collapses until only the Crone remains. "I win, I win!" she screams. "I have birthed my dark seed into each of you. But why the long faces? Surely, you all know by now that there is none in all of the multiverse more prolific than Death?! Ha ha ha ha!!!"

The cosmic winds howl and soon there is naught left in the bar but ash and the dark maiden humming her favorite ditty.
    Well this is...umm...I...yeah...

I have a good one!

We find out that Aunt May dated Wolverine and somehow, Peter may be his son.

Here are some of mine:

Wouldn't this just Nick Fury shooting old peers down?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

And now, the wait.

I have no idea what to say about this, congrats, you're good at this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well this is...umm...I...yeah...

I have a good one!

We find out that Aunt May dated Wolverine and somehow, Peter may be his son.
    Would this be a sequel to Trouble?

Captain America shames America and moves to Canada to become Captain Canada

Hawkeye goes to Asgard to train and gets Asgardian bow.....but I still can't think of a reason for him to do that though....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Hawkeye goes to Asgard to train and gets Asgardian bow.....but I still can't think of a reason for him to do that though....
    Maybe he wants to incorporate magic

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I have no idea what to say about this, congrats, you're good at this lol.

Would this be a sequel to Trouble?
    Yes, yes it is.

But damn, this game is hard because all of these have the potential to be sort of good if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    A bet between Thor and Hawkeye during a night of mead.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I am pleasantly surprised that some of my ideas are liked!
    Baby Thanos