Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do you want Steve to be written?

Steve in many of her comics felt more like a full character. We seen him not just be a miltary man but a uncle, a humble person. We seen him to charity work. However, DC seems to only focus on his military career. It's like this is all that matter. We know much like Diana there more to Steve than being a warrior. Much like the other trinity there is always a balance and difference. One thing I can think that is a different is how Steve and his government. How loyal should Steve be? Why not have Steve question not his country has much but rather where is the military his leads?

Well. I want him to be written well.

An overly kind man who Is very smart but also very simple/narrow minded in both desires and viewpoints/outlook, a little stubborn, who loves America unconditionally, and is unreasonably skeptical of the supernatural (see how Seto Kaiba in the YuGioh cartoon keeps dismissing all the magic happening around him as "hocus pocus nonsense" and "tricks/illusions" even after all hes been through in the show like having his soul trapped in a card, transported to shadow realm, having his mind chattered by magic etc.... still skeptical)

Itd be an interesting dynamic for someone like that to be Diana's love interest.
    Last edited by RudHao; 02-24-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Move him right the hell away from the espionage industry asap.

Put him and a new batch of Oddfellows on emergency aid missions to war-torn and/or natural disaster (flood, fire, famine, disease outbreak).

Stop making him an uncostumed Steve Rogers or a ringless Hal Jordan. He's neither of those guys.

Make him the least toxicly masculine guy around with zero ego and tons of empathy.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    An overly kind man who Is very smart but also very simple/narrow minded in both desires and viewpoints/outlook, a little stubborn, who loves America unconditionally, and is unreasonably skeptical of the supernatural (see how Seto Kaiba in the YuGioh cartoon keeps dismissing all the magic happening around him as "hocus pocus nonsense" and "tricks/illusions" even after all hes been through in the show like having his soul trapped in a card, transported to shadow realm, having his mind chattered by magic etc.... still skeptical)
    Sorry, but I have a very hard time seeing Diana falling for or being interested in a narrow-minded or unconditionally patriotic guy.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Move him right the hell away from the espionage industry asap.

Put him and a new batch of Oddfellows on emergency aid missions to war-torn and/or natural disaster (flood, fire, famine, disease outbreak).

Stop making him an uncostumed Steve Rogers or a ringless Hal Jordan. He's neither of those guys.

Make him the least toxicly masculine guy around with zero ego and tons of empathy.
    This is much closer to how I'd prefer him to be depicted. I'd like him as an ex-USAF pilot who mustered out (probably some time after meeting Diana) and now works as some form of semi-independent contractor, doing all sorts of flights. Many of them humanitarian or in preparation for negotiations; many of them into all sorts of conflict zones. It would give him plenty of scope of getting into trouble, but also give him his own tools and channels of information to assist Diana. I can also see him as an unofficial conduit for the US State Department into the superhero community, independent of the military, law enforcement, or security agencies that probably regard it as their bailiwick.

Characterisation could be rather close to his depiction in the movie: Sceptical but able to change his beliefs and mind. Excellent planner and leader, but with an impulsive and rule-breaking tendency while he is by himself. Strong moral core of a humanitarian bent. Quick-thinking and very observant.

A real-life model might be Harald Edelstam (and "the Black Pimpernel" is an awesome nickname).
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

One of the thing been thinking about. With Steve being around magically creatures and artifacts a lot. You think he would make something to go up against some of Diana’s rogues.

A brave, emotionally intelligent exquisite improviser and adrenaline junkie who has a high degree of integrity and idealism, when compared to other guys.

While good-natured, empathetic, and authentic with people, he personally tends to keep a certain distance between himself and others due to the nature of his work and its dangers. He doesn't want anyone to be hurt if one of his missions goes awry. (This facade starts getting cracked after meeting and falling in love with Diana.) And that psychological distance has left him feeling a bit lonely at times.

His idealism leads him to believe that people and institutions (like the military) can be better than they are when given the chance. He's driven by protecting others in the changing nature of the world (the appearance and rise of superheroes and supervillains) through his work at ARGUS and also by rooting out, challenging, and exposing the nefarious forces within various on-the-record and under-the-radar governmental, military, and intelligence agencies.

I would love it if they went and continued the oneshot. He had way more personality. Why not have his family be in a comic. Why not show Steve use the lasso. Or that to better himself Diana and him spar.

Mighty Member

[Post Omitted]
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 09-20-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

I don't think he's never been written as any of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would love it if they went and continued the oneshot. He had way more personality. Why not have his family be in a comic. Why not show Steve use the lasso. Or that to better himself Diana and him spar.
    I enjoyed the one shot and could see enjoying a second Wonder Woman title written by Seeley.

I like the Oddfellows, kind of want them to be used sparingly and outside Steve's normal channels in ARGUS. (Assuming Steve is ever part of ARGUS again.)

I'd rather see Steve use other apparatuses than a lasso and get some variety in the tools of the Wonder family. To me, giving Steve a lasso is like giving Lois a special pair of contact lenses that have x-ray and heat vision modes.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I enjoyed the one shot and could see enjoying a second Wonder Woman title written by Seeley.

I like the Oddfellows, kind of want them to be used sparingly and outside Steve's normal channels in ARGUS. (Assuming Steve is ever part of ARGUS again.)

I'd rather see Steve use other apparatuses than a lasso and get some variety in the tools of the Wonder family. To me, giving Steve a lasso is like giving Lois a special pair of contact lenses that have x-ray and heat vision modes.
    Oh god, Lois with x-ray vision would make for a couple hundred interesting articles for the Daily Planet and another couple hundred interesting arguments trying to get Perry to publish any of them. It'd be worth a hundred page special just for the banter alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh god, Lois with x-ray vision would make for a couple hundred interesting articles for the Daily Planet and another couple hundred interesting arguments trying to get Perry to publish any of them. It'd be worth a hundred page special just for the banter alone!
    Right?! Lol.

::starts writing his Lois stories::

A traditionally manly man who's shows no embarrassment over playing second fiddle to a woman in the fighting or strength department.

Maybe have a line like this:

"You seem very comfortable around powerful women, Mr. Trevor."

"You should meet my sister."