Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Could This Be an Early Look at What Happens in Wonder Woman in DC's "5G"?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-wonder-woman/

Okay, so we told you that our former speculation regarding a possible 5G Wonder Woman to go alongside was off the mark. We’ve managed to establish with actual sources that DC comics has icon replacements planned with Luke Fox as Batman, Jonathan Kent as Superman, a child of Captain Boomerang as the Flash, and either Teen Lantern or the Far Sector lead as Green Lantern, and it’s known as 5G, the fifth generation of the DC Comics Timeline. Possibly Francis Manapul on Aquaman. But speculation that the recent Wonder Woman Annual may have set up Helen Paul as an upcoming Wonder Woman doesn’t seem to be the case.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

This is a reach. BC's other suggestions on replacements had sources. This is just guess work.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    This is a reach. BC's other suggestions on replacements had sources. This is just guess work.
    I'm wondering if this is why we just got a whole run by GWW on Maggie.

Or if that's where Naomi is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm wondering if this is why we just got a whole run by GWW on Maggie.

Or if that's where Naomi is headed.
    Don't care much for Maggie but she's much more likely than Naomi, who has no ties to the WW mythos. My hope is that's it's some other woman who's either an Amazon or at least a demigod

I certainly would not want Wonder Woman replaced by a man, even if that man is queer. The implications of that are, for me, misogynistic.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Hopefully it’s Nubia. But why would diana need a replacement if she’s immortal?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I certainly would not want Wonder Woman replaced by a man, even if that man is queer. The implications of that are, for me, misogynistic.
    Are you sure Elysian is male and not a muscular woman with a small bust?

Astonishing Member

Is Donna getting a sidekick/legacy after she recovers from getting mind controlled by Batman Who Laughs?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Is Donna getting a sidekick/legacy after she recovers from getting mind controlled by Batman Who Laughs?
    That's what I'm thinking. A new Troy/Troia to go alongside a Donna that has maybe replaced Diana as Wonder Woman.

Did the 5G timeline ever say if Donna gave the mantle back to Diana after becoming Wonder Woman? That would explain a whole lot.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't know or care much about this 5G mess, but I love the design of Elysian and would love for him(?) to join Diana's extended family. He(?) could be to Batgirl/Supergirl what Donna is to Dick and Cassie is to Tim and Conner. And I don't know if many Wonder Woman fans would like if Diana and Steve had a kid, but DC missed the opportunity for Fury (Lyta) joining Damion and Jon.

I could just picture Diana and Steve having an adventure in another dimension where time is moves differently (DC done it plenty of times) where they would have their daughter. They could spend around twelve years there so when they come back, Lyta would be slightly younger than Damion. Too bad Bendis went and made Jon older so he and Damion are no longer peers.