Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why is Dan hating on the characters. Diana doesn’t need this.

Its not his idea, its Bendis'. He's just signing off on it. Its just like Rebirth where none of the creative decisions were his idea, rather he just told Johns to change things up and went with his choices. Why he greenlit this in particular I'll never know, but the ideas don't feature his usual fingerprints. From a creative point of view Didio has always barely cared about legacy, so its obvious he's not behind the crafting of the creative choices as this is legacy amped up to an insane degree that no one wants.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Dan always wanted things to change. He wanted new 52 to work out and it didn’t. He can get that fans want new stories but the heart of the characters. We want Nubia,Cassie and Donna back

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think this guy is the new Wonder Woman replacement, but he probably is involved: what if he's the new Troia to a, perhaps, Donna Troy Wonder Woman?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

But we know Diana will be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I personally have no interest in this event, but I think it's pretty cool the character "replacing" Diana (however temporary it may be) is gender nonbinary. Plus, Elysian is a pretty cool name.
    I don't think it's been confirmed that this character is nonbinary. But if so, that would INDEED be amazing.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Okay but he shouldn’t be Wonder Woman. He should be a new character. Who helps the new Wonder Woman or helps Diana. Cassie or Donna should be the new Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Is Donna getting a sidekick/legacy after she recovers from getting mind controlled by Batman Who Laughs?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Is Donna getting a sidekick/legacy after she recovers from getting mind controlled by Batman Who Laughs?
    That's what I'm thinking. A new Troy/Troia to go alongside a Donna that has maybe replaced Diana as Wonder Woman.

Did the 5G timeline ever say if Donna gave the mantle back to Diana after becoming Wonder Woman? That would explain a whole lot.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post

I don't know or care much about this 5G mess, but I love the design of Elysian and would love for him(?) to join Diana's extended family. He(?) could be to Batgirl/Supergirl what Donna is to Dick and Cassie is to Tim and Conner. And I don't know if many Wonder Woman fans would like if Diana and Steve had a kid, but DC missed the opportunity for Fury (Lyta) joining Damion and Jon.

I could just picture Diana and Steve having an adventure in another dimension where time is moves differently (DC done it plenty of times) where they would have their daughter. They could spend around twelve years there so when they come back, Lyta would be slightly younger than Damion. Too bad Bendis went and made Jon older so he and Damion are no longer peers.

Extraordinary Member

DC proves it learned nothing from Marvels mistakes, except how to make them worse.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Elysian would have made a great new codename for Donna Troy. Outside of that I have no real interest...even less if this is the 5G they've been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Hopefully it’s Nubia. But why would diana need a replacement if she’s immortal?
    She could be depowered (that's happened a couple of times before) or otherwise unfit to fight. What if she got pregnant?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I loved these character creations and designs by Orlando and Vecchio when I first saw them and didn't consider Elysian to be male at first glance. I processed her or them to be female or nonbinary.

I'd be totally into this if the latter is the case and Elysian and Luke are the 5G inheritors, of sorts, to the Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor mantles.

Luke is supposed to be from Rann so maybe Elysian is a space amazon?

Her design reminds me of Sailor Neptune.