Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Non-binary male. So no her. I don't know how to feel, I hope it's not Wonder Woman's replacement.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'll be honest, I would be a lot more receptive of the new character if they were literally not taking Diana's seat at the table so-to-speak. DC was finally starting to give Diana her due because the movie proved people want more Wonder Woman product and they're deciding to up and replace her. Goddamned mistake if I'm being entirely honest. It's a shame, too, because I can't imagine a more fitting corner of the DCU than Diana's to have a non-binary hero rise to prominence. Were they to be her new sidekick in a run, that could be great. Perhaps even a love interest. Who knows?

But unless the book gets a lot of praise, I'm not likely to get it at launch. The only 5G book I'm considering currently is Superman because I inherently liked Jon from conception a few years back and it's just a continuation of his story and (at the very least) makes complete sense given he's the son of the previous incarnation, was on that trajectory and was actually present for a few years.

This character is a literal who. I'm out. Wish a cool idea and great hero name wasn't being wasted on some initiative sure to be overturned in a few years when sales slump or the reaction turns against DC.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-19-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll be honest, I would be a lot more receptive of the new character if they were literally not taking Diana's seat at the table so-to-speak. DC was finally starting to give Diana her due because the movie proved people want more Wonder Woman product and they're deciding to up and replace her. Goddamned mistake if I'm being entirely honest. It's a shame, too, because I can't imagine a more fitting corner of the DCU than Diana's to have a non-binary hero rise to prominence. Were they to be her new sidekick in a run, that could be great. Perhaps even a love interest. Who knows?

But unless the book gets a lot of praise, I'm not likely to get it at launch. The only 5G book I'm considering currently is Superman because I inherently liked Jon from conception a few years back and it's just a continuation of his story and (at the very least) makes complete sense given he's the son of the previous incarnation, was on that trajectory and was actually present for a few years.

This character is a literal who. I'm out. Wish a cool idea and great hero name wasn't being wasted on some initiative sure to be overturned in a few years when sales slump or the reaction turns against DC.
    Yeah, I would feel a little more receptive to 5G if it didn't seem like DC was using it to replace characters who have only just now started to have a resurgence in popularity and focus, even if they still can't keep consistent quality going on Diana's solo book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I have no interest in the 5G!! If the non-binary character replaces Diana!! I would have no interest in reading a comic like that!! I'll be dropping the book and the character!! If they made the non-binary Diana love interest that would be the death of WW!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 11-21-2019 at 10:18 PM.

OMG, I love that character design.

It's one of the best I've seen and I already love it more than any of Diana's designs.