Page 31 of 107 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Man seeing a character that's only been in animation in live action was jarring, so much more by Katee Sackhoff looking EXACTLY like her animated version does

And I really liked the ship design for the Imperial freighter, both the exterior and interior
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-13-2020 at 07:10 PM.

iMan 42s

Like the Quarren's and Mon Calamri just look bad. They look the way they do in the OT because they need aliens in the background. Ackbar flaps like a big mouth billy bass because it needed to only be good enough but this just doesn't look good some decades removed. The Quarren also seem to have a broken jaw all around since I can't recall any capable of keeping the damn tongue inside the mouth.

The Empire also looks woefully incompetent and as a result of Bo Katan and her crew doing much of everything I don't know why they even needed Din. They also need to keep that helmet on because this is the same **** I mocked in the Amazing Spider-man movies. Just wear the mask.

I felt the episode was alright but a lot of the surrounding stuff like the aliens and the other mando are kind of weak to me. It's better since we have more going on as opposed to last week but I don't feel like this episode really nails it.

C+ from me.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member

Had some pretty good action this episode. I thought the Mando's were bad-ass I haven't seen much of the animated clone wars. So I don't know how faithful they kept to the character. But Sackoff is always good in these type roles. I thought Sasha was going to be a Sith or maybe Jedi seeing her in that Hood in the previews. I think she did decent for a first time gig.

-- How old are we supposed to think Bo-Katan is? I'm not clear on the timeline, but if she was around during the Clone Wars when Anakin was a young man...

-- I'm glad to see Baby Yoda learn to not eat the tadpole. I'm wondering how much of these adventures are about what BY is learning along the way. In the season premiere Mando says the kid has seen a lot worse, now we see that his experiences do actually stick with him and he is learning. What has he been learning by all the violence (and everything else) he's been seeing? Mando's a good dad so I'm not worried, but I do wonder if that's a lo-key theme to this whole show that will pay off in a bigger way later.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Like the Quarren's and Mon Calamri just look bad. They look the way they do in the OT because they need aliens in the background. Ackbar flaps like a big mouth billy bass because it needed to only be good enough but this just doesn't look good some decades removed. The Quarren also seem to have a broken jaw all around since I can't recall any capable of keeping the damn tongue inside the mouth.

The Empire also looks woefully incompetent and as a result of Bo Katan and her crew doing much of everything I don't know why they even needed Din. They also need to keep that helmet on because this is the same **** I mocked in the Amazing Spider-man movies. Just wear the mask.

I felt the episode was alright but a lot of the surrounding stuff like the aliens and the other mando are kind of weak to me. It's better since we have more going on as opposed to last week but I don't feel like this episode really nails it.

C+ from me.
    ...They look rubbery because they're fish people and fish are rubbery. I'm not sure what you were expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- How old are we supposed to think Bo-Katan is? I'm not clear on the timeline, but if she was around during the Clone Wars when Anakin was a young man...

-- I'm glad to see Baby Yoda learn to not eat the tadpole. I'm wondering how much of these adventures are about what BY is learning along the way. In the season premiere Mando says the kid has seen a lot worse, now we see that his experiences do actually stick with him and he is learning. What has he been learning by all the violence (and everything else) he's been seeing? Mando's a good dad so I'm not worried, but I do wonder if that's a lo-key theme to this whole show that will pay off in a bigger way later.
    I figure Bo is in her mid 40's. It's hard to tell with animation but she seemed younger than her sister Satine in Clone Wars, sort of the Anakin to Satine's Obi-Wan as it were so I'd say she was of similar age making her in early 20's then and it's 24 years between then and A New Hope and then four years from there to Return of the Jedi...so late 40's at the youngest and early 50's at the oldest would be my guess. And as Katee Sackhoff is 40 I'd say it's fairly appropriate casting age wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Man seeing a character that's only been in animation in live action was jarring, so much more by Katee Sackhoff looking EXACTLY like her animated version does

And I really liked the ship design for the Imperial freighter, both the exterior and interior

It's based on the ship flying low over Qui-Gon & Co when they enter Mos Espa in the Phantom Menace. It's basically an Imperialized version of it (Star Destroyeresque sides and engines, gray coloring etc.). It also appears in Rebels.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm figuring around 50. Late 40's maybe. Figure she's roughly of an age with Anakin Skywalker. Keep in mind, Anakin was only about 20 during AOTC.

During TCW, I had her pegged for older, but I think later developments suggest about that. We know that Mandalorians have no problem showing respect, or giving leadership to the young. Bo-Katan was prepared to follow Sabine, and Fenn Rau all but pledged himself to her cause, and she was about 19 in Rebels. So I figure that's about where Bo-Katan was during TCW. Add 18 years to Yavin, another 9-10 to 'the present day' in The Mandalorian. So 48-50 is not out of the question.

For reference, I believe Katee Sackhoff is in her early 40's. So roughly about where we're thinking for Bo-Katan at this period.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm figuring around 50. Late 40's maybe. Figure she's roughly of an age with Anakin Skywalker. Keep in mind, Anakin was only about 20 during AOTC.

During TCW, I had her pegged for older, but I think later developments suggest about that. We know that Mandalorians have no problem showing respect, or giving leadership to the young. Bo-Katan was prepared to follow Sabine, and Fenn Rau all but pledged himself to her cause, and she was about 19 in Rebels. So I figure that's about where Bo-Katan was during TCW. Add 18 years to Yavin, another 9-10 to 'the present day' in The Mandalorian. So 48-50 is not out of the question.

For reference, I believe Katee Sackhoff is in her early 40's. So roughly about where we're thinking for Bo-Katan at this period.
    There’s also a curveball in discussion right now because she’s apparently still in contact with Ahsoka, who has some timey-wimey stuff she’s gone through that Bo *might* have been dragged through...

Truthfully, I think it’s just the production jumping at the chance to directly adapt an animation character to live action at a near 1-to-1 ratio, but nothing wrong with speculation for fun.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This is not the Empire from the movies. This is the last remnants doing everything they can to try and keep some power. By the time of this series the Empire for the most part is gone with just pockets left here and there. For all intent and purpose the Empire collapsed after the Battle of Jakku which was 5 years prior to the events in the Mandolorian.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bryce Dallas Howard stuck in a reference to Apollo 13 in the episode

https://twitter.com/BryceDHoward/sta...9008878235652]

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Just saw this and it made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just saw this and it made me smile.

Yeah as soon as i saw him i yelled out "Mr. Kim!!!!!"

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is not the Empire from the movies. This is the last remnants doing everything they can to try and keep some power. By the time of this series the Empire for the most part is gone with just pockets left here and there. For all intent and purpose the Empire collapsed after the Battle of Jakku which was 5 years prior to the events in the Mandolorian.
    Well aware of that but the thing is that the Empire is a threat in the show and they just walked through the bad guys this episode like it was nothing. Of course the bad guys have to loose but the cargo moment was stupid and the thing is that it seemed the Mandos didn't even need Din to take the ship. Contrast this to the time they'd been pinned down in the bar. Sure they killed a bunch of them but the bad guys still got some good hits in. The only thing the Empire managed to do was shoot Din and he got back up like it was nothing. You can't have stakes when the heroes (or guest characters) have god mode on.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I guess it just goes to show how dangerous pure Mandalorian soldiers raised on Mandalore are from rank and file Stormtroopers, or even from how Din was trained.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Well aware of that but the thing is that the Empire is a threat in the show and they just walked through the bad guys this episode like it was nothing. Of course the bad guys have to loose but the cargo moment was stupid and the thing is that it seemed the Mandos didn't even need Din to take the ship. Contrast this to the time they'd been pinned down in the bar. Sure they killed a bunch of them but the bad guys still got some good hits in. The only thing the Empire managed to do was shoot Din and he got back up like it was nothing. You can't have stakes when the heroes (or guest characters) have god mode on.
    I found the cargo hold a good bit of comedy. Even before that when the Mandos were taking out stormtroopers one of them radioed the bridge saying they are being attacked by 10 guys only to be told they detect four lifeforms. This episode definitely took the piss on how incompetent the Empire still is.