I had a lot of fun with the episode.

Things with Bo are getting intriguing. So Din didn't see the mythosaur, nor was he pulled into the Waters by it....but Bo saw it.....and is keeping her mouth shut. Hm. Wonder why? Is it just too fantastical to talk about? Is she just trying to process what she saw before she says anything? Is she scheming already?

I get the feeling she's becoming a true believer, and with her, Pre Viszla, and Din all in the same Covert with the darksaber I expect things are gonna go south in a bad way before the season ends. And I gotta hand it to Fav, I have no idea which way Bo is gonna jump or how things will play out. That's what makes Bo such a fun character; she's not very likeable but she's compelling and she's good at mixing the plot.

And I enjoyed the stuff with Pershing. Love political thrillers and the actor is fantastic and really sold every scene. I expected Kane to drag Pershing to some remote location where Gideon would be waiting and Pershing would be pulled back into the Empire's service, but I was pleasantly surprised that her treachery was more layered than that. But I wonder what the goal was here? We're assuming Pershing was killed, or at least had his brain boiled into uselessness, but what benefit does that offer anybody? I thought maybe cranking the machine up would just make him really easy to control, but he was pretty spineless anyway. All I can figure is that Kane is tying up loose ends and getting rid of anyone who might be able to tell the Republic what Gideon is/was planning....but Pershing has been with the Republic for a while it seems and hasn't made a secret of his research, so he likely would've spilled any information he had already.

So that makes me think Gideon either gave up on his cloning ambitions, which seems unlikely....or someone else is giving Kane orders. And we all know who that could turn out to be.

But I also don't see the show getting rid of Gideon.