Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They are so going to be riding those baby pterodactyls
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They are so going to be riding those baby pterodactyls
    And Boba's riding his rancor, and Bo will ride the mythosaur. Question is, who will they be riding into battle against? Gotta be tech, right? Gideon and whatever Imperial forces are left?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And Boba's riding his rancor, and Bo will ride the mythosaur. Question is, who will they be riding into battle against? Gotta be tech, right? Gideon and whatever Imperial forces are left?
    It definitely feels like we're gearing up for some big kaiju fight...and I'm okay with that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

As I've stated I'm not a Prequel fan, so I don't recognize the actors from the Prequels who faces were hidden by costumes or CGI. So, I had no clue that was Ahmed Best and just thought "Oh Grogu was saved by a nobody I guess this guy's dead" lol. But on a serious note, good on Lucasfilm for bringing him in to do the part. The man got way too much hate over the years and it's tragic the toll it took on him.

1: Hating any actor for a character they played is just insane and if you do this you should seriously be looked at by a professional. Hell, I hate Michael Burnam, but Sonequa Martin-Green is a great actress I loved her on Walking Dead.

2: Jar Jar while annoying was far from the biggest issue the Prequels had he's just became the scapegoat.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-24-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As I've stated I'm not a Prequel fan, so I don't recognize the actors from the Prequels who faces were hidden by costumes or CGI. So, I had no clue that was Ahmed Best and just thought "Oh Grogu was saved by a nobody I guess this guy's dead" lol. But on a serious not good on Lucasfilm for bringing him in to do the part. The man got way too much hate over the years and it's tragic the toll it took on him.

1: Hating any actor for a character they played is just insane and if you do this you should seriously be looked at by a professional. Hell, I hate Michael Burnam, but Sonequa Martin-Green is a great actress I loved her on Walking Dead.

2: Jar Jar while annoying was far from the biggest issue the Prequels had he's just became the scapegoat.
    Why is it a bad choice?

Despite the mental anguish haters caused him for his role as Jar Jar Binks, Best loves Star Wars so this was undoubtedly fun for him.

And it's not just idle fanservice either as the character he plays here is actually a continuation to the character Kelleran Beq that he developed for his game show Star WarsL Jedi Temple Challenge

Ahmed also played one of the bar guys in AOTC along with Anthony Daniels. The character's last name is also Beq. Twin brothers maybe? Or Beq doing some Jedi undercover work but not interfering (AKA the explanation for Quinlan Vos)?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why is it a bad choice?

Despite the mental anguish haters caused him for his role as Jar Jar Binks, Best loves Star Wars so this was undoubtedly fun for him.

And it's not just idle fanservice either as the character he plays here is actually a continuation to the character Kelleran Beq that he developed for his game show Star WarsL Jedi Temple Challenge
    Mistaken type o I mean note not not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mistaken type o I mean note not not sorry.
    Easy enough to do

Kind of wondering if perhaps the man Beq delivers Grogu to might be the Christopher Lloyd character, given there's only three episodes left and he was cast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's comical how large that medallion is. It covers his entire chest
    I recall there are actualy historical designs of armor which basicly involved wearing a flat round metal plate over the chest, sometimes on a shirt of mail.

After some quick searching, those seem to be grouped into the category of "mirror armor".

Interesting enough, looking at the rectangular versions of that type, the modern mandalorian chest armor resembles them aswell.

Which technicaly means Gorgu really got a mandalorian style armor by the Armorer, just not the exact design most of them get.

Also given this is beskar armor, that medallion is allready far more protective than a storm trooper full suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I recall there are actualy historical designs of armor which basicly involved wearing a flat round metal plate over the chest, sometimes on a shirt of mail.

After some quick searching, those seem to be grouped into the category of "mirror armor".

Interesting enough, looking at the rectangular versions of that type, the modern mandalorian chest armor resembles them aswell.

Which technicaly means Gorgu really got a mandalorian style armor by the Armorer, just not the exact design most of them get.

Also given this is beskar armor, that medallion is allready far more protective than a storm trooper full suit.
    *Looks at the ewoks*
    Not a high bar there.

Maybe Phasma could've used that. Her armor was blaster-proof but couldn't withstand the impact of a Wookie and was very brittle against the riot control weapon (Which she possibly designed?). (The metal in her suit is actually from a Naboo ship).

And IIRC he didn't even do Jar Jar's voice, which was the real source of the irritation.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe Phasma could've used that. Her armor was blaster-proof but couldn't withstand the impact of a Wookie and was very brittle against the riot control weapon (Which she possibly designed?). (The metal in her suit is actually from a Naboo ship).
    So, connection between that and Din's "new" ship maybe?

Moving on from Beq for a moment....

We're all assuming the TIE's that blew up Bo's castle belong to Thrawn, right?

And what do we think about the idea of the Mando era shows eventually doing some big crossover, akin to Netflix's Defenders? I recently learned that was discussed at some point. I can't say I need it, but I wouldn't necessarily turn it down either.

Back to Beq. Okay, so we know this guy got off-world with Grogu. Then what happened? I got a (not serious, just fun) theory. I think Beq goes insane/falls to the dark side. I think Fav/Filloni are going "Darth Jar Jar" with this. I mean, there's a serious metacommentary to using Best/Beq to save Grogu right? Justice for Best's treatment as Jar Jar. A kid's game show where Beq is a Jedi teacher. It'd be keeping with this meta mentality to dip into Darth Jar Jar, and have Beq take a dark turn.

Maybe the fear and stress of the Jedi purge eventually pushes Beq over the limit and his mind breaks?

It'd give Beq a character arc. It'd give Best a chance to get more screen time and opportunity to show his acting range/talent. And it'd be something fairly new. We've seen Jedi hunted during the Purge, but outside of Obi-Wan's show we haven't really explored the mental/emotional fallout or the damage it did to all the Jedi on the run. And Beq becoming a rabid Jedi.....that'd be pretty unique, far as I'm aware.

For the record, I don't actually believe this is how things will play out, but it's a fun theory.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.