Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Wow, what a great finale!! and a great season overall. The only episode i really felt was subpar was the one with Amy Sedaris & Bobby Cannavale's son. Ironically, that episode had a pretty loose end since it felt like Ming-Na Wen was going to be a player going forward, but i guess they are saving her for season 2.

While i'm not a Rise hater, i did find this series more enjoyable than the movie. Favreau and/or Filoni should really be given more executive oversight of the franchise as they seem to "get it" a lot more than Kennedy does. Wouldn't mind seeing Deborah Chow or Taika Waititi direct a full length feature, either.

For season 2, i hope to see one of Bossk's race show up and do cool stuff. Probably my favorite thing about this series was how it explored alien races/droids that were only briefly seen in the OT, in interesting ways.
    Some Trandoshans were seen at the beginning of episode 2.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How many people do you imagine already have Mando's sigil inked on their bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I enjoyed the finale. The reveal of the dark saber is great and I'm almost positive it's going to play a role with Yoda's species in Season 2.

Weird thing to note though. He was picked up by Death Watch who I could've sworn was against outsiders given the situation with Maul....
    Maul and Savage never wanted to be "Mandalorians" or were accepted into one of the Clans which I think is the difference. Maul took over Death Watch for power but he had no sense of honor which is also a big no no for Mandalorians.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I enjoyed the finale. The reveal of the dark saber is great and I'm almost positive it's going to play a role with Yoda's species in Season 2.

Weird thing to note though. He was picked up by Death Watch who I could've sworn was against outsiders given the situation with Maul. Also the B2's look kind of silly when I paused it to check the Mando's shoulder pad for the Death Watch insignia. Sure it has red eyes but that thing looks like a toy. Still a good show though.
    Well, at the risk of wading into the minutiae here, it's a matter of timing. If the Clone Wars flashback in the finale happens AFTER Maul seized Mandalore, but BEFORE the Siege of Mandalore at the end of the war (Which we didn't get to see because Clone Wars got cancelled, but maybe in the new episodes coming in Feb?) there is a window of time when the blue Death Watch Mandalorians would have been allied with the Republic against Maul and/or the Separatists. At that point they represented what we might consider the rightful government of Mandalore, and were led by Bo-Katan Kryze in the name of her deceased sister, the Duchess Satine. During that period they would not have been outcasts or criminals, but would have been considered heroes by much of the free population for opposing Maul and his red wearing Death Watch loyalists.

But blue Death Watch fighting Seps could go back as early as the first Mandalore arc on Clone Wars, where Dooku abandoned Pre Vizla after his coup attempt failed. At that point, Death Watch began actively fighting the Seps, though they did so with dwindling resources and in a fashion that was at best thuggery, and at worst outright evil.

Personally, until the show tells us otherwise I'm assuming this is in that late war period, and these were commandos who would have been loyal to Bo-Katan against Maul.

Fun season finale. The OP scene was pretty funny, and the end was pretty awesome, with all that amazing and fast paced action. I like how they give the main character (Din?) a reason to go wandering the galaxy, without the constant nec hunting necessity of bounty hunters constantly hunting him, breathing on his neck.

Wow,wow,wow,wow! Most enjoyable, fun, and rewarding show I have watched in a long time. The scene with the female mandalorian destroying those storm troopers was awesome! Hope her character returns.

Also, I was laughing hysterically at the two troopers at the beginning.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Also, I was laughing hysterically at the two troopers at the beginning.
    Jason Sudeikis & Adam Pally (if you didn't know).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

With the Gammorean confirmed for season 2, I wonder if that also means we'll see the Hutts, the most visible part of Star Wars's underworld apart from the bounty hunters.

Kind of curious how the E-web got it's name. The weapon itself is first introduced in ESB but the name sounds like some kind of internet jargon. I know it appeared in earlier Star Wars stuff (Maybe the West End stuff that set some of the EU fundamentals?)but I'm not sure if it was before the internet really got big in the 90s. Coincidence?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious how the E-web got it's name. The weapon itself is first introduced in ESB but the name sounds like some kind of internet jargon. I know it appeared in earlier Star Wars stuff (Maybe the West End stuff that set some of the EU fundamentals?)but I'm not sure if it was before the internet really got big in the 90s. Coincidence?
    Probably the games seeing as so much tends to come from those and if its used probably needed a name outside of blaster turret or something. I looked it up though and it does appear in the Power of the Force toyline specifically mentioned as an E-web turret. So the name isn't exactly new, with the earliest record I can find of it being in the 1997 Power of the Force Snowtrooper.

Given there is 17 years between the toyline and Empire Strikes back I'm almost convinced it had to have been named earlier.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There were so many great moments in the season finale. Loved the speeder bike guys and IG-11. You could definitely tell this was directed by Taika Waititi.

My big hope for next season is some of the classic bounty hunters show up working for Moff Gideon. I really want to see Dengar and seeing how Mando would deal with IG-88 after his interaction with IG-11 would be very cool.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I remember the E Web name from the old Decipher Star Wars collectible card game, so late 90s, but I think was also in the essential guide books they published at that time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

My biggest hope for season 2 is for the characters from Star Wars Rebels to show up. Sabine Wren at the very least should show up given how the season ended.

Incredible Member

Kind of curious how the E-web got it's name.
    From the weebly machine gun?
    Sounds perfect.