Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Though I was pulling for Rex, having Bobba back was awesome especially when we got him back in the armor

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mando having fun with saying Grogu's name while playing with him was such a sweet scene. He really cares about the little guy .

I was hyped the moment I saw Slave 1. It got only better from there .

So, yeah, Jango was a Foundling, served during the Mandlorian Civil War, and thus the Fett's are Mandalorian's even though Boba was never raised that way and doesn't really care, but the armor is his by right. Glad to finally have that confirmed and settled with once and for all.

Boba finally has a proper showing in live-action as to why he's one of the most dangerous bounty hunters alive. Truly, Boba Fett has been reborn .

Was anything accomplished by the Tython thing? Will a Jedi or someone Force-sensitive come in to save Grogu at the 11th hour during the climax? Did Grogu learn something about himself that will keep him with Mando?

So is Fennec, like, part droid now? Is that why she's so loyal to Boba? Or is just an honor thing like when they agree to go with Din to save Grogu?

If you had told me that some new Mandalorian was going to team-up with Boba Fett to save a baby version of Yoda from Dark Troopers...I wouldn't have believed you.

Cara is finally legit, but there's no way she won't bend the rules to save the kid. Now we have to do another prison break of the same guy we left behind on the last prison break.

Did that little bit of training teach Grogu how to Force Push someone so effectively or is he just re-remebering his Jedi training?

I think technically she's a cyborg, but probably just needed a few internal organs replaced rather than the complex Vader/Greivous mechanics.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Was anything accomplished by the Tython thing? Will a Jedi or someone Force-sensitive come in to save Grogu at the 11th hour during the climax? Did Grogu learn something about himself that will keep him with Mando?
    I'm going to guess we'll find out which Force-wielder picked up Grogu's beacon in the finale which will lead to the main story for next season.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm going to guess we'll find out which Force-wielder picked up Grogu's beacon in the finale which will lead to the main story for next season.
    Yeah, a surprise fourth act reveal is something straight out of a spaghetti western so I can see it happening here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Also awesome: Boba using his dad’s “I’m just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.” line. I honestly squeed. (I mean I squeed after seeing Slave 1 too but still... awesome.)

Bet all those people who bought the highly expensive LEGO Razor Crest (I was tempted) are kicking themselves now as they realise there’s going to be another massively awesome ship to take its place for Din Djarin to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, a surprise fourth act reveal is something straight out of a spaghetti western so I can see it happening here.
    There's of course been a lot of Luke speculation here and there, although of course they'd have to use the MCU aging effects on Hammil I think if they did that, or a digital "deepfake" like Luke and Leia sparring in ROS.

Although makes you wonder, why didn't Ashoka and Luke seek or know about each other? You'd think Luke would want to seek out another Jedi, especially one who knew his father....but then again maybe Ashoka fears that helping Luke would be like the same reason she doesn't want to train Grogu-she's worried about another Vader.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's of course been a lot of Luke speculation here and there, although of course they'd have to use the MCU aging effects on Hammil I think if they did that, or a digital "deepfake" like Luke and Leia sparring in ROS.

Although makes you wonder, why didn't Ashoka and Luke seek or know about each other? You'd think Luke would want to seek out another Jedi, especially one who knew his father....but then again maybe Ashoka fears that helping Luke would be like the same reason she doesn't want to train Grogu-she's worried about another Vader.
    It could plausibly be a combination of reasons. Ahsoka has been busy with her own battles against the empire, and no longer considers herself a Jedi. The galaxy is big and probably most of what she knows about Luke is rumor. She has never met him that we know and is likely unsure how she would be received (Jedi being secretive and peculiar at the best of times). Most of all, the memory of Anakin is obviously very painful, and she may feel it is dangerous to probe that wound.

From his conversations with Dead Ben, he probably thought he and Leia were the last ones. And Ahsoka seems to be doing her own thing and likely didn't even know about L&L until it was all over, (is that true? I'm not totally up on history) and what was the point then?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-04-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    It could plausibly be a combination of reasons. Ahsoka has been busy with her own battles against the empire, and no longer considers herself a Jedi. The galaxy is big and probably most of what she knows about Luke is rumor. She has never met him that we know and is likely unsure how she would be received (Jedi being secretive and peculiar at the best of times). Most of all, the memory of Anakin is obviously very painful, and she may feel it is dangerous to probe that wound.
    Granted, I think meeting Luke would probably be able to give her the closure she desperately needed with Anakin, knowing that someone was able to save him and he died as Anakin, not Darth Vader.

Although I wouldn't write off his Force Ghost eventually visiting her at some point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    It's also not at all clear how well known her survival was. And I'm not talking just Order 66, either. On Rebels, she appeared to die during a fight with Vader, only for us to later learn that she lived thanks to Ezra and Force shenanigans. We don't know who, or how many people Ezra told about that before he disappeared. All we know is that Sabine was aware of it by the time of the Rebels epilogue, whose placement in the chronology is sketchy at best (Sabine references Endor like it maybe just happened in the narration, but there is otherwise no clear indicator of when the thing takes place).

It is entirely possible that outside of her close allies and friends, almost nobody knows she's alive. So there are plenty of good reasons why Luke might not have gone looking for Ahsoka. Less clear is how/when Ahsoka learns about Luke, and what action she did or didn't take when she did. That story remains to be told, but feels like the kind of thing the powers that be will show us at some point.

Mighty Member

I'm still weeping about the Razor Crest.

iMan 42s

Ahsoka really shouldn't meet Luke. Ever. Or at the very least if she does meet him it has to be a much younger Luke because old man Skywalker gets the Old Jedi kind of sucked. He gets nothing from that interaction because at a point he recognizes Vader is his father, but gets the galaxy would've been a whole lot better had he not happened. Like if she does meet him that has to be a Luke before he comes to that conclusion.

Rumored Naboo sets are being constructed so I suspect it might not be Luke who finds Grogu but Leia. Though likely would be Luke.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So I watched a video on IGN and it mentioned that the newer Thrawn novels revealed that he was secretly working as a spy for the Chriss Ascendency to investigate the rising Empire, which makes me wonder if they might be setting up the Chriss alongside Thrawn invading the Outer Rim, rather than Thrawn assisting the fallen Empire and Moff Gideon. Could be interesting if true, though I suppose Thrawn might have given up on his original objective years ago (I haven't read any of the novels so maybe someone knows differently).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Rumored Naboo sets are being constructed so I suspect it might not be Luke who finds Grogu but Leia. Though likely would be Luke.
    Wasn't there suggestions that Sebastian Stan (no stranger to Disney+) could be a great pick for a ROTJ/Mandalorian era Luke? Though I suppose that could be stuck under the same banner as the rumors a while back that Lucasfilm were looking at Millie Bobby Brown to play a young Leia in a series set several years before ANH.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 12-04-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ahsoka really shouldn't meet Luke. Ever. Or at the very least if she does meet him it has to be a much younger Luke because old man Skywalker gets the Old Jedi kind of sucked. He gets nothing from that interaction because at a point he recognizes Vader is his father, but gets the galaxy would've been a whole lot better had he not happened. Like if she does meet him that has to be a Luke before he comes to that conclusion.
    Honestly, Luke doesn't get anything out of meeting Ahsoka regardless. He's already a fully trained Jedi Knight, really all she can offer him is ritual and memory. Sure it might be fun to see him learn more about the Jedi's history and traditions from someone who lived them, and I would expect the telling of many tales of Anakin in his prime. But after RotJ, she doesn't have anything Luke actually needs. It's Ahsoka who benefits from the interaction, seeing that something of the good man Anakin had been lives on and carries on that legacy.

Even more so if it happens after RotJ, when she gets to see Anakin's son stand proud as a hero of the galaxy, a Jedi Knight, and learns that in the end Luke reached his father and turned him back to the light. It's the fundamental payoff to the biggest, most character defining relationship of her life.

What are they going to do about the Razorcrest this time ?
    Boba will probably die and Mando will inherit Slave 1.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest