Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 954

Thread: The Mandalorian

  1. #571
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,520

    Default

    I mean, yeah she probably could've just pushed her and ended the fight right there. This is the same character who blocked rapid fire within spitting distance of her in all directions. She probably could just end the fight.

    That all being said it's not like the bad guys had been much of any threat in this episode. Din and Ahsoka pretty much had the whole thing under control so if Ahsoka felt like fighting then why not, she's not going anywhere and can get the information she wants anyways. For the flack I give this episode the fight is not one of them, that was fine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  2. #572
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    5,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She just waits for her to wake up. It's not as if she is going to be knocked out for more than a hour but if that makes you squeamish she could just use the force to pull the staff out of her hands, that would be child's play for Ahsoka. It was a one on one fight so she was free to focus on just one person holding a staff as opposed to splitting her focus among multiple people and droids shooting at her or one highly trained Mandalorian from a people who rivaled yours.
    If Ahsoka wanted the info as soon as possible, or just didn't want to wait, unconscious isn't an option.

    As for the rest, you may want to consider giving up TV and film if that kind of stuff bothers you. Fights that end in 2 seconds because one person is way more powerful than the other are rarely entertaining. You might want to visit the Rumbles forum if you prefer the math of physical encounters rather than opening yourself up to the possibility of being entertained.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-28-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

    "People in stucco houses should not throw quiche." ~James "Sonny" Crockett

  3. #573
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,269

    Default

    To be fair anytime a force user and a non force user without a gun fight you figure the force user should probably just toss them about until they surrender. I mean why someone didn’t just force Grievous to slice himself to bits with his lightsabers during the Clone Wars is beyond me...

  4. #574
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,520

    Default

    Using the force was actually the go-to option in Fallen Order since most Purge Trooper encounters had been near ledges. So you really only needed one good push and you didn't have to fight them. Thing about Grievous is that's what the old Clone Wars series actually suggested his coughing was from. He was crushed by Mace Windu during the abduction of the Chancellor which is why he's coughing in ROTS.

    Though really with named characters of course they can't die before when they do in the films so Grievous always has to escape.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  5. #575
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    So if Thrawn has some influence on the galaxy it's possible the hyperspace whales didn't take him and Ezra too far away from the action.


    Question is, why didn't he rejoin the Empire during the main war? The new Thrawn novels by Zahn did seem to strongly hint that Thrawn had divided loyalties, and the Emperor isn't too pleased with him by the end of the trilogy, so maybe he thought rejoining the Chiss or working from the shadows was a better thing to do. Also kind of funny that in the original EU, this is the point past ROTJ where the original Thrawn trilogy took place.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  6. #576
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,963

    Default

    I assumed the magistrate was Force sensitive based on her weapon, fighting style, and knowledge.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #577
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So if Thrawn has some influence on the galaxy it's possible the hyperspace whales didn't take him and Ezra too far away from the action.


    Question is, why didn't he rejoin the Empire during the main war? The new Thrawn novels by Zahn did seem to strongly hint that Thrawn had divided loyalties, and the Emperor isn't too pleased with him by the end of the trilogy, so maybe he thought rejoining the Chiss or working from the shadows was a better thing to do. Also kind of funny that in the original EU, this is the point past ROTJ where the original Thrawn trilogy took place.
    I think Thrawn was legitimately lost during the Galactic Civil War, and has only returned or been able to make long distance contact in the last 5 years. Thrawn's main purpose would probably be making a micro empire to help the Chiss fight the Gryssk, since he probably fears that with the Empire gone and the New Republic having demilitarized too much after Jakku, that there is nothing to scare the Gryssk from full invasion

  8. #578
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    To be fair anytime a force user and a non force user without a gun fight you figure the force user should probably just toss them about until they surrender. I mean why someone didn’t just force Grievous to slice himself to bits with his lightsabers during the Clone Wars is beyond me...
    Too busy using the Force to help them not crap their pants.
    "Cable was right!"

  9. #579
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I assumed the magistrate was Force sensitive based on her weapon, fighting style, and knowledge.
    Will ya' look at that, someone came up with a plausible explanation that I didn't think of instead of defending the decision as if they actually had a personal stake in the show themselves. Bravo, BeastieRunner.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  10. #580
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Ahsoka can use the Force, so why didn't she just pick up the magistrate and fling her against a wall and knock her out? Or just pull the beskar staff out of her hands?
    It's just one of those conceits of the whole franchise once force users were shown as more and more powerful, yet they fight with laser swords and don't just throw people around all the time. One of those "it's a fantasy and don't look too closely at it" things.

  11. #581
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Will ya' look at that, someone came up with a plausible explanation that I didn't think of instead of defending the decision as if they actually had a personal stake in the show themselves. Bravo, BeastieRunner.
    It doesn't need an explanation though, in fact creating theories as to why it went the way it did seems weird to me. Why complicate things when the the real answer is obvious: because it looked cool?

    I mean, if making fan theories floats your boat and enhances your enjoyment, have at it...but I just don't see twisting yourself into a pretzel over something so simple. Ahsoka doesn't throw the magistrate around with the Force for the same reason why the Lord of the Rings isn't a ten page story that ends with Gandalf and Frodo tossing the ring from eagle back and why Superman's fights aren't just one panel images of him casually throwing bad guys into the sun...because then you miss out on all kinds of cool looking fights and drama.

  12. #582
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,979

    Default

    I like to think Ashoka is looking for Thrawn because he's her best lead in finding Ezra. I would like to think Ezra will be the Jedi to answer Grogu call when Mando takes him to Tython.

  13. #583
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It doesn't need an explanation though, in fact creating theories as to why it went the way it did seems weird to me. Why complicate things when the the real answer is obvious: because it looked cool?
    Nothing wrong with that. The fact that we are here means that we are already huge marks and the creators don't have to try very hard.....but they still have to try. What is wrong with so much genre entertainment and why major franchises are stumbling (won't name names, don't want to pull us off topic) everyone tosses everything they think will be cool without thinking how it will work. The fans ignore ninety-nine percent because we are marks for this stuff but have a question about one thing and are immediately told to stop taking everything so seriously or that they are being overly pedantic.

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I mean, if making fan theories floats your boat and enhances your enjoyment, have at it
    Yeah, I'm having a blast :S

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...but I just don't see twisting yourself into a pretzel over something so simple. Ahsoka doesn't throw the magistrate around with the Force for the same reason why the Lord of the Rings isn't a ten page story that ends with Gandalf and Frodo tossing the ring from eagle back and why Superman's fights aren't just one panel images of him casually throwing bad guys into the sun...because then you miss out on all kinds of cool looking fights and drama.
    Remember what I said about not having to try too hard but still having to try? Because the giant eyeball would see them coming and the evil army would just find some way to shoot them out of the sky. Superman is always holding himself back. See? Doing just enough to make it plausible.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-29-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  14. #584
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I am hoping that Mando raises him to be a mandalorian

    This show keeps getting better and is officially my favorite thing in Star Wars.
    Technically speaking, the child is already a Mandalorian. The armorer declared him an official foundling and Mando gave him his pendant.

  15. #585
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like to think Ashoka is looking for Thrawn because he's her best lead in finding Ezra. I would like to think Ezra will be the Jedi to answer Grogu call when Mando takes him to Tython.
    Yeah, I think that's part of why Ahsoka is trying to find him, because she knows Ezra is either with him or Thrawn knows what happened to him.

    The question is, with her seeming like a solo act, where is Sabine? Is she trying to free Mandalore with Bo-Katan?

    Ahsoka mentioning someone Force Sensitive will likely detect Grogu on Tython tells me that some name character will show up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •