Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 957

Thread: The Mandalorian

  1. #586
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,506

    Default

    I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to see the fight for Mandalore or to see Ahsoka find Thrawn, etc. on this show or another show, but I actually like the idea that maybe these won't get paid off. This show is the Mandalorian and he exists on the fringe of the Big Picture. Maybe we'll see Bo-Katan or Ahsoka again, but I'd be okay if their lives go on and these big things happen off-screen and we just pop in with them when Mando happens to run into them.

  2. #587
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think that's part of why Ahsoka is trying to find him, because she knows Ezra is either with him or Thrawn knows what happened to him.

    The question is, with her seeming like a solo act, where is Sabine? Is she trying to free Mandalore with Bo-Katan?

    Ahsoka mentioning someone Force Sensitive will likely detect Grogu on Tython tells me that some name character will show up.
    I think Sabine might have been sidetracked with the purge. She'll have to put her people as a priority seeing how so few still exist.

  3. #588
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to see the fight for Mandalore or to see Ahsoka find Thrawn, etc. on this show or another show, but I actually like the idea that maybe these won't get paid off. This show is the Mandalorian and he exists on the fringe of the Big Picture. Maybe we'll see Bo-Katan or Ahsoka again, but I'd be okay if their lives go on and these big things happen off-screen and we just pop in with them when Mando happens to run into them.
    I have a feeling the freeing of Mandalore will end up being fairly relevant to this show given its focused on, well, a Mandalorian (even if its one who wasn't actually born on Mandalore).

  4. #589
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to see the fight for Mandalore or to see Ahsoka find Thrawn, etc. on this show or another show, but I actually like the idea that maybe these won't get paid off. This show is the Mandalorian and he exists on the fringe of the Big Picture. Maybe we'll see Bo-Katan or Ahsoka again, but I'd be okay if their lives go on and these big things happen off-screen and we just pop in with them when Mando happens to run into them.
    I expect you are more likely to see this show behave like Rebels did. It started very much off on it's own, on the fringes, while it built it's core stuff. Then slowly became very, very much about the big picture as it went on. But which also found a way to frame that big picture in terms of it's cast and it's priorities.

    Rebels never really stopped being about a small band of rebels from Lothal. But it very much became about a galaxy rising against the Empire. All tied together with the themes of family and not being alone even when you feel small and overmatched.

    The Mandalorian has very much been similar thus far. It has it's own characters and themes, but it is expanding it's world to include big picture stuff in this second season. If it can be as successful at using the big picture concepts in service to it's own plans, we're in for a treat.

  5. #590
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I expect you are more likely to see this show behave like Rebels did. It started very much off on it's own, on the fringes, while it built it's core stuff. Then slowly became very, very much about the big picture as it went on. But which also found a way to frame that big picture in terms of it's cast and it's priorities.

    Rebels never really stopped being about a small band of rebels from Lothal. But it very much became about a galaxy rising against the Empire. All tied together with the themes of family and not being alone even when you feel small and overmatched.

    The Mandalorian has very much been similar thus far. It has it's own characters and themes, but it is expanding it's world to include big picture stuff in this second season. If it can be as successful at using the big picture concepts in service to it's own plans, we're in for a treat.
    I don't think it's a coincidence that we now have two major Imperial figures established (Gideon and Thrawn) amidst the murmuring of the First Order.

  6. #591
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have a feeling the freeing of Mandalore will end up being fairly relevant to this show given its focused on, well, a Mandalorian (even if its one who wasn't actually born on Mandalore).
    Even if that does happen, it's probably going to end with Bo-Katan becoming some kind of antagonist and the Mandalorian continuing to be this kind of nomadic lone wolf, it wouldn't make sense to see him settling down on Mandalore to become a family man or anything like that.

  7. #592
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Wonder if Ahsoka has a ship?

  8. #593
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Nothing wrong with that. The fact that we are here means that we are already huge marks and the creators don't have to try very hard.....but they still have to try. What is wrong with so much genre entertainment and why major franchises are stumbling (won't name names, don't want to pull us off topic) everyone tosses everything they think will be cool without thinking how it will work. The fans ignore ninety-nine percent because we are marks for this stuff but have a question about one thing and are immediately told to stop taking everything so seriously or that they are being overly pedantic.



    Yeah, I'm having a blast :S



    Remember what I said about not having to try too hard but still having to try? Because the giant eyeball would see them coming and the evil army would just find some way to shoot them out of the sky. Superman is always holding himself back. See? Doing just enough to make it plausible.
    Neither of those explanations are given on page though, that's you creating plausible explanations on your own again, and they're no more or less plausible than anything anyone has posited about the fight scene here( she didn't want the magistrate unconscious, or she was force sensitive) but at the end of the day the real reasons are the same: because the fights look cool and the plot would end too fast otherwise and there's nothing wrong with those real reasons.

  9. #594
    Inquisitive Dzetoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Even if that does happen, it's probably going to end with Bo-Katan becoming some kind of antagonist and the Mandalorian continuing to be this kind of nomadic lone wolf, it wouldn't make sense to see him settling down on Mandalore to become a family man or anything like that.
    Perhaps at the very end of the series. After all, the story has established that Death Watch Mandalorians have no ill will against those who settle down, and exact no penalties against them. It's just that, in their view, those who take off the armor forever cease being Mandalorians. Taking off the armor would mark a definitive end to the story, perhaps in some ways even more definitive than Din's death. But certainly not until the very end, I agree.

  10. #595
    Incredible Member the nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Sonuva Bee sting. I'm starting to fall in love with Star Wars again. LOL! Loved the newest ep of Mandalorian.

    I could not have imagined a better actress than Rosario Dawson to be Ahsoka. Awesome choice casting directing lol.
    I'm wondering what other characters will appear and is it just limited to EU characters. LIke will we see Cal Kestis or maybe Kyle Katarn now that would be awesome.

    I'm interested in seeing where all of this is leading, but honestly tho every ep that comes out I'm really starting to get back into star wars.

  11. #596
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Sonuva Bee sting. I'm starting to fall in love with Star Wars again. LOL! Loved the newest ep of Mandalorian.

    I could not have imagined a better actress than Rosario Dawson to be Ahsoka. Awesome choice casting directing lol.
    I'm wondering what other characters will appear and is it just limited to EU characters. LIke will we see Cal Kestis or maybe Kyle Katarn now that would be awesome.

    I'm interested in seeing where all of this is leading, but honestly tho every ep that comes out I'm really starting to get back into star wars.
    Great thing about Cal is that he has an actor already although of course his survival would spoil Fallen Order 2 AND he'd be nearly twenty years older, so they'd probably have to recast unless they aged him up.

  12. #597
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,994

    Default

    Dave Filoni implied in an interview with Vanity Fair that Ahsoka appearance in this episode could take place before the epilogue of Rebels.

  13. #598
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dave Filoni implied in an interview with Vanity Fair that Ahsoka appearance in this episode could take place before the epilogue of Rebels.
    Pretty sure he only did that to muddy the question of whether we'll see Sabine and/or Ezra.

  14. #599
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dave Filoni implied in an interview with Vanity Fair that Ahsoka appearance in this episode could take place before the epilogue of Rebels.
    It's possible, the way she talked made it seem like it was taking place not long after the Battle of Endor but there's nothing expressly stating that.

  15. #600
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,295

    Default

    I guess it's mainly to explain why Sabine might not be with Ahsoka, but if I remember epilogue Ahsoka right she had this cloak and staff that she wasn't shown with here, so it might be later for Ahsoka.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •