Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
I loved the first two seasons. But I'm not too hyped about the new one. Getting rid of Gina because of her politics was disgusting. And The Book Of Boba Fett was awful and sabotaged all of what we went though with Mando. To just throw Grogu back to him and toss all of the finale's meaning. Never mind the fact that Djarin had learned that his life isn't the place to carry along a kid everywhere and Jedi training is what he needs. It just reeks of corporate mandated regression because Grogu sells merch and is a guaranteed appeal to normies, despite the fact that Mando himself can still carry a series and Grogu could easily drop in every so often.
I'm kind of glad they got rid of Gina - the character wasn't worth the hassle of her making a jackass of herself, and its not like her particular acting skills were especially necessary to the role. The character was strictly functional, and can easily be replaced by any one of a dozen other characters and thousands of better actors... none of whom need to be petty little hatemongers.

I think Grogu's back more because of how complicated, weird, and techy the situation is with Luke. The digital reconstruction is its own thing, but put that aside, and you're stuck with the conundrum of Luke's Jedi Order and LFL's often stubborn refusal to just make the inevitable adjustments to implicit film canon.

Luke is "supposed" to end up with no graduating Jedi from his school, and only Leia having mostly complete her training, all so TLJ's pretentious story of Luke as a failure can be safe and Ben Solo can be treated as Luke's main student. And in spite of that, there's no way LFL is stupid enough to let Ben Solo murder Grogu. So Grogu can't graduate as a Jedi from Luke's academy, has to be gone by the time the Sequels start, and requires an expensive special effect to be trained by a Luke they still don't know how successful they should let him be...

...so he becomes a valuable asset that can't have Option A ("The Adventures of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy!"), and the initial Option B is just to have him hang around in limbo until they figure out what they can or can't do with Luke's Pretentiously Doomed Jedi Temple... and ultimately Grogu's just a cute puppet rather than a full-fledged character, so he's not going to drastically change any story he's a part of out of necessity

...So just put him back with Din after some cursory training, keep Din's story going the way they want, and continue to make money while waiting for LFL to inevitably realize that Luke should have some "Anti-TLJ" stories of being a successful-ish Jedi Master and teacher someday.