Page 17 of 107 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Except of course there are more people who support a progressive ideology in the US than there are who decry "SJW crap" ...and that's a flat fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought Faverau let slip that Boba ended up being a Foundling and that gets shown in this show? And Boba ends up adopting the ways of the Mandalorians and inspired the current Mando in our show?

Or is that just a rumor/fan theory?
    Clone Wars pretty much established that he starts up his bounty hunting career during the Clone Wars, and the armor of course is probably meant to be a tribute to his father, although he wears a different, non-Mando armor in Clone Wars.

It's possible it might even be the same armor, just repainted or modified, much like how Fett's ship is the same ship but with different colors.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Here's an interesting thing I found:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Harvester

This showed up in both Clone Wars and Rebels, basically it's the Sith version of raising a Jedi from infancy. (and of course the First Order uses a similar motive for it's Stormtroopers). Connection to Mandalorian perhaps? Given Filoni's involvement in the show I certainly think there might be.

I am loving the show but i didn't understand the ending today...it was dark on my phone but was i supposed to know who went for the assassin?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I am loving the show but i didn't understand the ending today...it was dark on my phone but was i supposed to know who went for the assassin?
    No. It was a faceless figure. I think it was just meant to emphasize that lots of folks are after Mando and Baby Yoda.

There will probably be a big reveal later about who it was.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Really liking the traditional story-telling and stand alone episodes. The ships didn't even look like cgi in the beginning wondering if the were material models. It is weird to me the humans keep calling baby yoda "it" tho. Do the humans here consider themselves better than other life forms? I mean they wouldn't really be aliens in this galaxy. A lot these beings are indigenous to these planets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    That's the way I vaguely remember it also.

The backstory originally was that Boba (and then his dad) were just using the heirloom armor/trading on the rep and weren't real Mandos (them being extinct).

Of course at that point the Mandaloreans had zero backstory to speak of. So Lucas could have changed his mind at any point.

It's not like Jango wasn't also a retcon.
    My understanding of the backstory before the EU fleshed it out was that the Mandalorians were some kind of extinct warrior race, possibly those who fought against the Jedi in the Clone Wars, and that Boba Fett was just some random bounty hunter who happened upon a set of Mandalorian armor, but that this alone was already enough to make him a legendary badass given how rare and valuable the armor was. But of course the franchise just couldn't leave well enough alone and just had to keep revisiting Boba Fett's origins which ended up ruining a lot of the mystique of the character, not to mention that of the Mandalorian culture. It's kind of like how the Spartans as an abstract concept make for this really cool elite warrior society, and undoubtedly one that the Mandalorians were based on, but that the more you learn about their actual culture and history, the more of that sheen gets wiped away and the more backwards and pathetic they seem.

Really enjoyed the latest episode and continue to love this series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The old EU also had the Clonetroopers adopt Mandalorian culture and be trained by Mandalorians. Clone Wars pretty much chucked that out, which caused a controversy with writer Karen Traviss.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Really liking the traditional story-telling and stand alone episodes. The ships didn't even look like cgi in the beginning wondering if the were material models. It is weird to me the humans keep calling baby yoda "it" tho. Do the humans here consider themselves better than other life forms? I mean they wouldn't really be aliens in this galaxy. A lot these beings are indigenous to these planets.
    When we watch, we call Baby Yoda a Him or a He when we need to use a pronoun, because that's what he is.
    And I want to adopt him.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    When we watch, we call Baby Yoda a Him or a He when we need to use a pronoun, because that's what he is.
    And I want to adopt him.
    Haha yeah I always think of him like a person not a "it'. He'd be an ideal adopt gets along with everybody and doesn't seem to ever need a diaper change. But a 50 he should be potty trained by now.

Have they referred to the child's gender yet? Do we even know for sure?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Have they referred to the child's gender yet? Do we even know for sure?
    The Mando himself has called him by male pronouns. "Where is he?" from the most recent episode, for example. But we've not been given any explicit information, so the Mando may just be assuming the Child's gender (bad Mando!). It would be kind of a hilarious reveal at the end if it's a girl, honestly.

Ha.... I dont imagine there's a scene where Mando checked down there or changed a diaper... I'm going to imagine the child is going commando and just drops a few pellets occassionally...