Page 24 of 107 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Peyton Reed and Robert Rodriquez(!) are confirmed for season 2 directors.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It's on the main page but it seems like Temura Morrison might return...as Boba Fett. It was possibly guessed that he was maybe the guy approaching the Ming-Na character on Tatooine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's on the main page but it seems like Temura Morrison might return...as Boba Fett. It was possibly guessed that he was maybe the guy approaching the Ming-Na character on Tatooine.
    If Ahsoka is in it could we also see Rex in live-action?

Mighty Member

I didn't see a source, but CBR is claiming that the creatives confirmed that Fett was the shadow that found Fennec Shand's body in season 1.

The most interesting thing about this, straight up, is not Boba. I'm honestly a little disappointed, though unsurprised, that they're going there. And supposedly it's a minor role. No, what's more interesting is that if Morrison is already around for Boba Fett, Rex should be on the table as well.

If the still unconfirmed reports about Ahsoka appearing are indeed true, then I would hope we get at least a Rex sighting out of it as well.

And hey, if nothing else I think I trust Favreau and Filoni to find some way to make Boba Fett interesting. He's the most overhyped and overblown character in the entire franchise, but in F and F I have faith.

Technically they don't have to have Temura in the suit-after all, originally Boba was Jeremy Bulloch in the suit with Jason Wingreen as the voice (and later Morrison of course), kind of like with a lot of the other masked characters (Including, of course, Vader). Also it would keep some of the mystique about not seeing Boba under the mask; I mean, we obviously know that he looks like Temura Morrison, Daniel Logan or the in-between version (Bodie Taylor) but we don't know *exactly* what he looks like in the OT timeframe. Certainly I'm thinking he'd have a few scars after the Sarlacc, perhaps (I think the old EU hinted at that too).

If he does appear "in the flesh" it would be more suitable for Rex, given that Rex, like Morrison, has clearly aged; whereas Boba would only be in his late 30s or early 40s by the time of Mandalorian if I'm counting right (Technically, Rex and Boba are the same age but Rex of course has been accelerated).

JJ and KK wanted some older clones in TFA, so I wouldn't be surprised if some clones show up sooner than later.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I didn't see a source, but CBR is claiming that the creatives confirmed that Fett was the shadow that found Fennec Shand's body in season 1.

The most interesting thing about this, straight up, is not Boba. I'm honestly a little disappointed, though unsurprised, that they're going there. And supposedly it's a minor role. No, what's more interesting is that if Morrison is already around for Boba Fett, Rex should be on the table as well.

If the still unconfirmed reports about Ahsoka appearing are indeed true, then I would hope we get at least a Rex sighting out of it as well.

And hey, if nothing else I think I trust Favreau and Filoni to find some way to make Boba Fett interesting. He's the most overhyped and overblown character in the entire franchise, but in F and F I have faith.
    To be honest Boba hasn't really gotten much play outside of the comics (they didn't even get to do his final Clone Wars arc outside an animatic) so I'm sure one way or another this will be a memorable appearance for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    JJ and KK wanted some older clones in TFA, so I wouldn't be surprised if some clones show up sooner than later.
    I want to know what happened to Cody and the Bad Batch (although considering how dramatically different they look I'm not sure Morrison could really pull it off).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I want to know what happened to Cody and the Bad Batch (although considering how dramatically different they look I'm not sure Morrison could really pull it off).
    Weren't some older clones present at Yavin, Endor, and Jakku? I know Hoth and Tatooine had zero (unless that changed).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

iMan 42s

Boba would be in need of a new set of armor, so perhaps that's what's going on here. The armor maker is going to build Fett a new suit or that maybe with excess Clone gear (Boba would at least know it would fit) would be mistaken by Ahsoka for Rex.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Weren't some older clones present at Yavin, Endor, and Jakku? I know Hoth and Tatooine had zero (unless that changed).
    I think only Rex was confirmed to be on Endor.

iMan 42s

A clone was among the Royal Guard and while I can't find the immediate source (it's probably in From a certain point of view), Foot Patrol 7 had a clone among the squad that Obi-wan mind-tricks.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm guessing the Jaimee Lee Curtis rumors might've been April Fools at this point.

Reportedly Bo-Katan is also going to show up played live-action by Katee Sackhoff.

Given all the callbacks we're getting or at least rumored to be getting, Sabine is probably a good bet at this point.

Reportedly Bo-Katan is also going to show up played live-action by Katee Sackhoff.

Given all the callbacks we're getting or at least rumored to be getting, Sabine is probably a good bet at this point.
    This felt pretty inevitable to me.

Mighty Member

Sabine isn't a given, she could always be off doing Ezra related stuff or what have you, but with the rest of the cast seemingly gathering, it sure does feel like a logical appearance, doesn't it?

Ahsoka, Fett, Bo-Katan, the possibility though not promise of Rex. Sabine makes so much sense. This is looking to be a really loaded season, in terms of Star Wars returns.

And despite all the awesome I just want them to confirm my Armorer = Rook Kast theory.