Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yeah Grogu is not killed by that whiney emo douchebag, plenty of things could happen.

That was freaking amazing. No way this is the end of Din’s story with what they set up with Bo Katan.
    Game of Thrones - Mandalore And Hopefully A Rewarding Ending seems likely to be up next.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I believe that Ezra was about 14 when Rebels started and 19 when it ended, so he should be about the same age as Luke by The Mandalorian, maybe slightly older. Not sure with Ashoka.
    Ezra and Luke are exactly the same age, they were born on the same day.

Ahsoka should be somewhere around 15-16 years older than Luke.

Perhaps Grogu will be trained in a way independent/outside of the Jedi/Sith philosophies eventually. It seemed to be something Disney was hinting at with TLJ and the later Rebels stuff...and then just kind of forgot about, or put on the back burner.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I took Gideon attacking Din as not foolish but as a setup.

He knew it would cause a problem and was hoping to set Bo against Din. Gideon would swoop in and take Grogu while they fought. The Dark Troopers would play mop up.

But then Luke shows up and his plan goes to crap.

So now he will be all about revenge while we get a kingmaker story with Boba/Bo/more Mandos and Din being the reluctant king.

This is gonna be sweet!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

My personal Conspiracy Theory: With DF and JF, basically taking over the reins of Star Wars, I have a feeling the Sequel Trilogy, won't be recognized as pure canon anymore. Canon is only canon, until it's not. With Mando setting up so many things. The sequels may only be tangentially referred to, while letting Star Wars move on, while never speaking of them directly again.

Also, pretty sure Grogu recognized R2... So that probably made him feel that much safer to leave with Luke.

I think the "not canon" thing is pretty much fanboy wishful thinking.

We keep getting teases of snoke/palpatine and the mention of "order" wasn't a coincidence from Gideon.

They will play with stuff as much as they can like they have with the OT but you simply can't write out the big stuff like Lukes Temple, Ben going darkside, and the return of Palpatine, and Rey being the last known jedi.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Really enjoyed the season finale and did my best to avoid spoilers until I watched it this morning. From the moment I saw the X-Wing I knew it was him, but there was slight doubt but once the green lightsaber was ignited I knew it was Luke Skywalker. Wasn't too happy with the cgi for it all.. but overall... yay Luke... hope they get more of him in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    Really enjoyed the season finale and did my best to avoid spoilers until I watched it this morning. From the moment I saw the X-Wing I knew it was him, but there was slight doubt but once the green lightsaber was ignited I knew it was Luke Skywalker. Wasn't too happy with the cgi for it all.. but overall... yay Luke... hope they get more of him in season 3.
    Luogu.jpg
    Training?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think the "not canon" thing is pretty much fanboy wishful thinking.

We keep getting teases of snoke/palpatine and the mention of "order" wasn't a coincidence from Gideon.

They will play with stuff as much as they can like they have with the OT but you simply can't write out the big stuff like Lukes Temple, Ben going darkside, and the return of Palpatine, and Rey being the last known jedi.
    I agree mostly. It is one thing to jettison a set of books/comics, it is another entirely to renounce stuff that has been on screen, especially major productions. Now, having said that, continuity is a malleable thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weasel around with some plot points over time. For instance, "well, I don't think anybody meant Rey was ABSOLUTELY the VERY LAST Jedi. Just the last they DEFINITELY had contact with or the last that was CLEARLY within the old tradition." That or just ignore some things (like the recent history of the dark saber) and just not talk about the inconsistencies. That kind of thing is pretty much inevitable as the greater universe grows and develops.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Luogu.jpg
    Training?
    That would be fun ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Perhaps Grogu will be trained in a way independent/outside of the Jedi/Sith philosophies eventually. It seemed to be something Disney was hinting at with TLJ and the later Rebels stuff...and then just kind of forgot about, or put on the back burner.
    I'm not sure that would make sense for Luke at this point in his life, not that I think he's going to be that much of a traditionalist as far as training Grogu but he'll probably continue the basic Jedi training Grogu already had at the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    Also, pretty sure Grogu recognized R2... So that probably made him feel that much safer to leave with Luke.
    That's a good point-R2 was after all fairly close to Anakin and Obi-Wan during the Clone Wars, although I'm not sure if he ever entered the Temple in the prequels or Clone Wars, or was simply left in the fighter most of the time (Which is pretty much what happened in ROTS-he didn't witness Anakin's massacre's directly).

Joe emerging from the Savage Hulk kind of reminds me of Banner coming out of the Hulk's chest in #324-same issue, funny enough, that Grey re-emerges at the end.

Holy Crap! Season 2 Finale, that is everything I've ever wanted to see.

10 out of 10

The emotion goodbye between Din and Grogu made me feel something. LOL I got choked up.
    Boba Fett....the Book of Boba Fett...YES!! SO MUCH YES!!!
    Bo Katan, what else is there ot say other than she's is awesome and I'm looking forward to how this thing with her and Din will transpire since he technically has the Dark Saber.

Last but not least........LUKE FREAKING SKYWALKER!!!! My friends and I yelled so loudly when he appeared. This is what we wanted. THis is It!!! WHy couldn't the sequels do this!!!!!!!!!! Ugh it's whatever.

I loved this episode and season. And I'm looking forward to season 3, whether that continues Din's story or if it switches to Boba Fett. Either way....I'm falling in love with Star Wars all over again. SO happy right now.