Page 60 of 107 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Niffleheim

No one has won the Darksaber from Maul and since then it has been passed from one person to another without any combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Apparently a Lucasfilm artist has reported that Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian S3 ARE both separate projects which are being filmed back to back and will be released as such. If I was to guess I think that BOBF will be three-four episodes and release from the first Friday of December and then S3 will hit Christmas Eve 2021.
    Didn't that person retract what he said?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulRMQ/s...60042890469377
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-20-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    No one has won the Darksaber from Maul and since then it has been passed from one person to another without any combat.

Didn't that person retract what he said?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulRMQ/s...60042890469377
    What that seems to say is that he isn't certain, but that the two productions are being labelled differently and shooting differently as he sees it. So unless Lucasfilm says otherwise I will assume they're two different projects coming out back to back. With the amount of things incoming for Star Wars on Disney+ I think from 2022 stuff will be pretty much back to back all the time anyway - Andor is pretty likely to start almost as soon as S3 of Mandalorian ends, for example.

This video does a good job of explaining the situation with Bo and the Darksaber, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Luke literally threw his weapon away.
    And Anakin literally threw Palpatine down a reactor shaft.

Both of these were the actions of a Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Joe emerging from the Savage Hulk kind of reminds me of Banner coming out of the Hulk's chest in #324-same issue, funny enough, that Grey re-emerges at the end.
    Oops! That was meant for the Hulk thread. Got my screens mixed up.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Yeah nothing really offensive about the ending even if I have a few gripes.

- Everyone is basically just standing around at the end of the episode for the most part.
    - CG Mark Hamil actually looks worse than young Luke in Battlefront 2.
    - Din is the only party member that fights a Darktrooper outside a cameo

Everything else though I liked but I frankly find the whole season to be just not as good as the first one even if Temura Morrison coming back was nothing short of spectacular.

A few things it obviously setup was Bo Katan being the worst and being our villain for Season 3. I find her wanting to be ruler of Mandalore kind of funny though given she couldn't hold off Imps she had essentially no issue plowing through during the season and she's still gunning for a planet none of the four factions up to that point could giver her. Ironically had she just taken the sword she'd probably have gone to the throne of that **** hole no problem. Now she's probably going to deal with the New Republic and Mando. Grogu will be back. Mando just got a lightsaber and will probably go to Luke to train and see Grogu.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I would think Bo doesn't just want to claim a throne, she'd have to gather all the Mandalorians who had probably scattered throughout the galaxy. The Darksaber is the prefect symbol for rallying everyone, but I imagine it's a huge point of pride. I'm sure it not only kills her that she lost it, this would be twice that someone simply handed it to her. As entitled as she seems, she knows she needs a win for anyone else to take her seriously. I'm hoping she rises to the occassion and actually ends up fighting for her people and not herself. "Rebels" was a long time ago, so who knows how all this has changed her? Will she be season 1-7 Danearys or the season 8 one?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Yeah nothing really offensive about the ending even if I have a few gripes.

- Everyone is basically just standing around at the end of the episode for the most part.
    - CG Mark Hamil actually looks worse than young Luke in Battlefront 2.
    - Din is the only party member that fights a Darktrooper outside a cameo

Everything else though I liked but I frankly find the whole season to be just not as good as the first one even if Temura Morrison coming back was nothing short of spectacular.

A few things it obviously setup was Bo Katan being the worst and being our villain for Season 3. I find her wanting to be ruler of Mandalore kind of funny though given she couldn't hold off Imps she had essentially no issue plowing through during the season and she's still gunning for a planet none of the four factions up to that point could giver her. Ironically had she just taken the sword she'd probably have gone to the throne of that **** hole no problem. Now she's probably going to deal with the New Republic and Mando. Grogu will be back. Mando just got a lightsaber and will probably go to Luke to train and see Grogu.
    I think Din fighting just one pretty much showcased how the whole group probably wasn't going to fair well against an army before Luke showed up.

This is like Bo's third or fourth attempt at restoring or saving Mandalore. Maybe it's time to give somebody else a shot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The fault in Luke’s character comes in Last Jedi, where he reveals that for even a split second he would turn on his nephew and actually attempt to kill him. A nephew who to this point has done no wrong, when Luke was willing to try and change Vader back to the light after all his atrocities. Now you might say he did attack Vader in a rage, but that was in the heat of the moment when Vader essentially threatened Leia, not while he was sleeping with his back turned to him like Ben was.
    That could have been easily recon-ed as Palpatine mentally influencing Luke over a period of time to make him paranoid and distrustful of Ben. I'm surprised they didn't do that.
    Sounds perfect.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Din told her he only wanted the kid back.
    And the first rule when playing a Game of Thrones is to automatically trust whatever someone tells you.
    Sounds perfect.

iMan 42s

I don't know if the saber is a perfect symbol given Maul killed two leaders with it (Satine and Vizla) then while in possession of it lost to Ahsoka only (stunned by a clone but whatever) to hang onto it while the Empire moved in basically unopposed (despite superior weapons and armor) who then upon getting the saber back the Mandalorians couldn't even go a decade without losing the planet and saber again to the Empire. If anything, customs and the need for the saber is pretty much what screwed Mandalore in the first place an act Bo Katan is responsible for.

If anything anybody else should be in charge and just ditch the saber because in twenty years it's never been held by anyone following custom for very long. Hell, Maul is deposed within the span of a year and some change at best. Bo Katan then looses it seemingly right after ROTJ so independence just never lasts.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That could have been easily recon-ed as Palpatine mentally influencing Luke over a period of time to make him paranoid and distrustful of Ben. I'm surprised they didn't do that.
    Luke does what he does because at that point in his life he knows Anakin did the right thing but Anakin still spent twenty years as a murderous genocidal second in command dictator. Another Darth Vader is a very bad thing and Luke was trained by the old Jedi who had absolutely no problem with the ends justifying the means if it meant the job got done. Hence just taking the Clone troopers, willing to initiate a coup against Palpatine, and straight murdering a literally unarmed combatant. They will do something horrible if it means stopping a greater threat no matter how premature and even if it's not the Jedi way, it just becomes a blind spot because to them they're the bad guys. So Luke looks at a potential outcome for Ben and considers it, only to realize that this is wrong but it's too late given Ben awoke to find his uncle seriously considering his murder.

Ben's turn is predicated on the Jedi way of thinking being hypocritical and kind of fucked up when it really gets down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Luke does what he does because at that point in his life he knows Anakin did the right thing but Anakin still spent twenty years as a murderous genocidal second in command dictator. Another Darth Vader is a very bad thing and Luke was trained by the old Jedi who had absolutely no problem with the ends justifying the means if it meant the job got done. Hence just taking the Clone troopers, willing to initiate a coup against Palpatine, and straight murdering a literally unarmed combatant. They will do something horrible if it means stopping a greater threat no matter how premature and even if it's not the Jedi way, it just becomes a blind spot because to them they're the bad guys. So Luke looks at a potential outcome for Ben and considers it, only to realize that this is wrong but it's too late given Ben awoke to find his uncle seriously considering his murder.

Ben's turn is predicated on the Jedi way of thinking being hypocritical and kind of fucked up when it really gets down to it.
    I agree with you entirely about the old Jedi Order's hypocritical thinking (as well as the devotion to their dogma) led to their downfall; however, I don't get how this is associated with Luke because, in ROTJ, when Obi-Wan told Luke he needed to kill Vader (again a not very Jedi thing to do), Luke rejected that and believed he could redeem his father. What this demonstrates (even more so after the Prequels) was that the Jedi were flawed. Had they actually cared about Anakin as a person, and not simply a tool to fulfill the prophecy and allowed him to protect the ones he loved Palpatine never comes to power. The EU actually took this and had Luke take a completely different approach with his New Jedi Order. To have Luke revert back to the old Jedi ways to me never made any sense.

[QUOTE=macjr33;5286997]I agree with you entirely about the old Jedi Order's hypocritical thinking (as well as the devotion to their dogma) led to their downfall; however, I don't get how this is associated with Luke because, in ROTJ, when Obi-Wan told Luke he needed to kill Vader (again a not very Jedi thing to do), Luke rejected that and believed he could redeem his father. What this demonstrates (even more so after the Prequels) was that the Jedi were flawed. Had they actually cared about Anakin as a person, and not simply a tool to fulfill the prophecy and allowed him to protect the ones he loved Palpatine never comes to power. The EU actually took this and had Luke take a completely different approach with his New Jedi Order. [B]To have Luke revert back to the old Jedi ways to me never made any sense.[QUOTE]

LOL! To be fair relatively little made sense in the ST. Especially Luke clinging to that old way of thinking, which he proved by sparing his father is not the right mindset for this post Order66 world.

And on that point about Anakin. Yes I kinda do agree too that the Jedi's rigid beliefs played a part in him being seduced by the Darkside buuuutt. At the end of the day it's all about Choice. Anakin chose to become Darth Vader. If he was really tired of the Order and if he really wanted to be with his loved ones why not just leave the Order.
    Last edited by the nomad; 12-20-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Isn't there still not a lot we know about how Disney Luke trained? He didn't seem at any point with what we know or with Rey to teach non-attachment. Although Leia *did* leave because she feared for her son's future.Also Ben's attachment to Leia pretty much saved him too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    I agree with you entirely about the old Jedi Order's hypocritical thinking (as well as the devotion to their dogma) led to their downfall; however, I don't get how this is associated with Luke because, in ROTJ, when Obi-Wan told Luke he needed to kill Vader (again a not very Jedi thing to do), Luke rejected that and believed he could redeem his father. What this demonstrates (even more so after the Prequels) was that the Jedi were flawed. Had they actually cared about Anakin as a person, and not simply a tool to fulfill the prophecy and allowed him to protect the ones he loved Palpatine never comes to power. The EU actually took this and had Luke take a completely different approach with his New Jedi Order. [B]To have Luke revert back to the old Jedi ways to me never made any sense.

LOL! To be fair relatively little made sense in the ST. Especially Luke clinging to that old way of thinking, which he proved by sparing his father is not the right mindset for this post Order66 world.

And on that point about Anakin. Yes I kinda do agree too that the Jedi's rigid beliefs played a part in him being seduced by the Darkside buuuutt. At the end of the day it's all about Choice. Anakin chose to become Darth Vader. If he was really tired of the Order and if he really wanted to be with his loved ones why not just leave the Order.
    I have long thought the origin of all this tragedy came in TPM when Qui-Gon died. He was in many ways the mentor Anakin needed, someone who was kind and sympathetic yet also disciplined and experienced. In AOTC and ROTS, Yoda is too distant and too dogmatic (and arguably too alien) while Obi-Wan is too close and too young himself, inclined to performative displays of disapproval while actually treating Anakin with a mixture of indulgence and protectiveness that allows the padawan to act out while still feeling stifled.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 12-20-2020 at 12:58 PM.