Page 20 of 107 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Next person that makes me delete/edit posts is going on a forced vacation.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member

One of the best episodes if not best. I didn't know there were Twi'lek guys but I guess it makes sense..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    One of the best episodes if not best.
    Agreed. This show is great week in and week out but ep 6 was arguably the best to date. So freaking good.

Mighty Member

Yep, that was a awesome prison break.

So have Devoronians always been fireproof or was this a new detail?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    So have Devoronians always been fireproof or was this a new detail?
    I don't think they ever had enough screen time in previous comics to explore that before so I'm thinking its new but it makes sense given their devilish appearance.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I love the old school feel of this series, where not every episode has to push forward the character arc. Reminds me of shows like KUNG FU, INCREDIBLE HULK and A-TEAM, though MANDALORIAN does have more character development than those shows. Best of both worlds in terms of tone IMO.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, that was a great episode but I'm a little bumbed I watched it earlier than usual...because it means the wait to the last episode is THAT much longer!

Some more cool nods to lesser known Star Wars lore-such as the troop transport at the end, although seen in REBELS, it's actually all based on an old Kenner toy that was pretty much the first "expanded universe" toy as it was never in the film.

Also I'm pretty sure that's the first time a TIE landed like that. Other times they simply seem to be in racks or just land without the wings folded (Presumabely they just give the pilot a ladder or something). I think the exception being Darth Maul's TIE-like ship from TPM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some more cool nods to lesser known Star Wars lore-such as the troop transport at the end, although seen in REBELS, it's actually all based on an old Kenner toy that was pretty much the first "expanded universe" toy as it was never in the film.

Also I'm pretty sure that's the first time a TIE landed like that. Other times they simply seem to be in racks or just land without the wings folded (Presumabely they just give the pilot a ladder or something). I think the exception being Darth Maul's TIE-like ship from TPM.
    Loved seeing the way the fighter landed. Still think the baby is anything but a baby

Well that was quite the Episode. This new Moff seems like an interesting villain.

iMan 42s

Loved that new TIE.

I also very much enjoyed the details on the Stormtroopers here. Not sure if it was this episode but I think it was, I think some of those troopers are 501st members seeing as some of those armors don't exactly match the earlier refurbished Rogue One suits. I wonder if the call was specifically for ANH suits and or Rogue One. I kind of want to go back in and see if I can spot any other suits styles. Also the 501st guys seem to be getting a kick out of the Scout Troopers knee pads being upside down, guess it's canon now

Also was I just seeing things or was that a shortened T-21?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

So did anyone else get imperial storm commando vibes from that one group of stormtroopers?

Deathtroopers were in Rogue One and Rebels too. They are kind of similar to the commandos though, their armor is all black, they're elite and their helmets are narrower than your typical stormtrooper, like the Scouttroopers and early clonetroopers.

I'm wondering if the season finale will have a face and or name reveal.