Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It’s funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

Meanwhile I think Generation Tech has the most reasoned and rational opinion of the situation. Hopefully everything can just move on now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    This add fuel to my theory she was fired before her latest post and the plan was to write her out off the show in the next season so that there would be a smooth transition and little controversy,they had already changed plan with casting her in a spin off show. However,the company was forced to make a statement due to her latest actions given that
    Its not a bad theory. I would be a little surprised if its true though. I would think a company like Disney would get out in front of something like this if they indeed fired her prior. I doubt they would give her the opportunity to martyr herself like she did. Just a guess I think they probably had informed her of a reduced role in the show, she then goes off on twitter about jews and conservatives because she is upset at her reduced role and gets herself fired to look like a right wing hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I detest Ben Shapiro. Not only is he a condescending twit but I get a clear cynical "an act for money by exploiting the gullible" vibe from him. I sincerely doubt he believes half of what he says but pretends he does because his audience expects it of him.
    Yea I try not to get to involved in politics and try to be neutral even though someone is independent when it comes to voting. But the conservatives/ republicans have consistently gotten under my skin over this past 4-5 years. Folks like Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram, Anne Coulter, Candace Owens, and Tomi Lauren to name a few. Those people are just the WORST. It just seems like Gina is making some crappy movie that caters to that base with Ben Shapiro.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It’s funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

Meanwhile I think Generation Tech has the most reasoned and rational opinion of the situation. Hopefully everything can just move on now.

I generally agree with this however how many people repeated the 'offending' behavior after they were warned.

Initially, I thought that Disney may have been harsh if she was just fired for her latest post, however after looking into it a bit more I found that even after her controversies in the past they announced that she was going to star in their new show in November which mean that they clearly didn't have a problem with her being conservative, then in December she posted a meme that could be interpreted as anti-Semitic.

I think this was the point that they realized that she many not be worth the long term investment.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-12-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I generally agree with this however how many people repeated the 'offending' behavior after they were warned.

Initially, I thought that Disney may have been harsh if she was just fired for her latest post, however after looking into it a bit more I found that even after her controversies in the past they announced that she was going to star in their new show in November which mean that they clearly didn't have a problem with her being conservative, then in December she posted a meme that could be interpreted as anti-Semitic.

I think this was the point that they realized that she many not be worth the long term investment.
    I don't even think most people interpret it as anti-semitic. Its just a really dumb comment. If you are going to attempt to analogize the suffering the jewish people went through in Germany in the 30s with some other people in another time you better have your ducks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I think Gina Carano is a really weak actress that didn’t get much better on this show, so frankly I
    I think, “huh?” whenever I see posts that claim her performance was good. It leaves me wondering if I saw a different performance or something because I thought she was tough to stomach acting-wise in pretty much every scene that didn’t involve action. She could never muster anything beyond two facial expressions, and honestly she was clearly the weak link. Like Gal Gadot, she had the luxury of being elevated by acting along much stronger actors like Carl Weathers and Pedro Pascal who are good at their craft, but her performance was nothing but mediocre at best. Gina has charisma, I’ll give her that, but when she tries to emote...and say a line it’s kind of cringe to watch a lot of the time.

She's definitely a one trick pony.

Remember her in the first Deadpool? Yeah, kinda sorta...she fought Colossus on the ship. She emotes about as well as a hammer, but the hammer is at least useful occasionally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    She's definitely a one trick pony.

Remember her in the first Deadpool? Yeah, kinda sorta...she fought Colossus on the ship. She emotes about as well as a hammer, but the hammer is at least useful occasionally.
    I will have to watch that movie again because I cannot recall her in that movie. I am just guessing she was one of the bad guys at the end?

Mighty Member

ItÂ’s funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

Good objective video.

Social media has changed the world by allowing everyone with half an opinion to have a megaphone...

so if you say stupid things, it's out there for employers to view....so accept the consequence, whether you think it's fair or not.

She is correct....

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I will have to watch that movie again because I cannot recall her in that movie. I am just guessing she was one of the bad guys at the end?
    You are correct sir. She was a bad...person. Not to worry, she didn't really stand out there too much either with her "exceptional" acting prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea I try not to get to involved in politics and try to be neutral even though someone is independent when it comes to voting. But the conservatives/ republicans have consistently gotten under my skin over this past 4-5 years. Folks like Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram, Anne Coulter, Candace Owens, and Tomi Lauren to name a few. Those people are just the WORST. It just seems like Gina is making some crappy movie that caters to that base with Ben Shapiro.
    I'll be delighted to see Gina dazzle the world with her superior acting range. Ben Shapiro as well? What a treat!

It's actually INSANE how well Grace called it. This whole thing just honestly makes me sad and was super unnecessary.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

assuming carano doesnt nick cannon herself back into employment, i think cara's death will be announced in an opening crawl and be part of the plot that the rangers or mando has to avenge

or they could disfigure her and give her a darth vader rig to mask the voice/looks of new actress

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    assuming carano doesnt nick cannon herself back into employment, i think cara's death will be announced in an opening crawl and be part of the plot that the rangers or mando has to avenge

or they could disfigure her and give her a darth vader rig to mask the voice/looks of new actress
    ...or they could just do the easiest thing and recast her. As I said earlier killing her offscreen is a tad petty and punishes the character for the sins of the actor. Cara Dune is still a interesting character and whilst I could imagine the shows working without her, it's better to have her around still with a new actress in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Gina, you canceled yourself. You had a once in a lifetime opportunity and you blew it.

This is like the slowest train wreck that we've seen a thousand miles coming.