Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

“Talent without training is nothing.” That is going to be taken as a shot at Rey.

If you believe that Grogu is going to die at a certain school I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

Some online critics seem to be miffed at the surprise appearance saying that we have already seen that character in the sequel trilogy and his story has been told. The problem being that a significant part of the fanbase hated the way that character was depicted. If that character would have just been given a proper sendoff this wouldn't have happened.

Why oh why did Bo Katan not tell Din the details about the black lightsaber? Din doesn't want to rule over a planet of crazy aggro people. Somewhere in the universe the Blacksmith just stopped whatever she was doing. The Blacksmith is going to be a problem going forward.

Boba as the new Lord of The Underworld? He is going to need one more person working for him. A certain sheriff might come in useful.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Still think they shoul dhave just re-casted Luke though. This tech ain't it lol (at least on the star wars side of Disney)

Didn't Bo get the sword handed to her before this? Why not take it now?
    For all we know being given the sword harmed her support last time.

I'm crushed if we don't get Baby Grogu back for Season 3!
    He's my favorite character to watch.
    He's about the only thing positive and fun to watch on TV in this hellish year of 2020.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For all we know being given the sword harmed her support last time.
    If I remember correcctly, Maul defeated Pre Vizla and took the Saber and Bo was one of the members that sound "oh hell no" and started fighting him right?

She seems to care about tradition whenever it suits her lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Why oh why did Bo Katan not tell Din the details about the black lightsaber? Din doesn't want to rule over a planet of crazy aggro people. Somewhere in the universe the Blacksmith just stopped whatever she was doing. The Blacksmith is going to be a problem going forward.
    Din can't even follow her anymore. He took off the helmet

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I think the facial tech was pretty decent for Luke, better than Rogue One at least. Helped that he was standing still.
    I think it also helped that they use ROTJ Luke/Mark I think. In ROS's Luke/Leia training flashback the reference for young Luke was clearly taken from ESB when Obi-Wan and Yoda are begging him not to leave.

Leia's pained expression is a bit closer but it's obviously "I....can't tell you" bridge scene from ROTJ.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Still think they shoul dhave just re-casted Luke though. This tech ain't it lol (at least on the star wars side of Disney)
    If he was going to be a recurring character, I'd agree.

As a one-time thing, I'm okay with it. Recasting or CGI, there's going to be some awkwardness either way. I'm sure they just want the, "holy ****, it's Luke" reaction without any questions.

Extraordinary Member

I think other streaming services should take notes on storytelling and pacing from this show. I mean damn look how much they got through in 8 episodes. I marked out when Sasha did that jet pack ddt haha. The writer and director really studied their Sasha Banks file.

Think it's be a mistake for Mando to go solo at this point, Grogu is definitely the star of the show. I wonder if Luke's fall from grace will be hinted at in the future.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 12-18-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post

Think it's be a mistake for Mando to go solo at this point, Grogu is definitely the star of the show.
    From a story telling standpoint, I am ready for something different though.

Extraordinary Member

From a story telling standpoint, I am ready for something different though.
    Not that Mando isn't a good character it's just hard to imagine. But I think Disney is planning like 11 spin-offs so who knows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think other streaming services should take notes on storytelling and pacing from this show. I mean damn look how much they got through in 8 episodes. I marked out when Sasha did that jet pack ddt haha. The writer and director really studied their Sasha Banks file.

Think it's be a mistake for Mando to go solo at this point, Grogu is definitely the star of the show. I wonder if Luke's fall from grace will be hinted at in the future.
    This show would be better off at not hinting at anything from the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    If he was going to be a recurring character, I'd agree.

As a one-time thing, I'm okay with it. Recasting or CGI, there's going to be some awkwardness either way. I'm sure they just want the, "holy ****, it's Luke" reaction without any questions.
    I agree. For a one-time appearance, I'm glad he looked like Hamill rather than another actor playing Luke. The CG wasn't great, but I'm willing to buy other CG characters who don't look the best for the sake of argument. A totally different actor would have made this show feel like it was taking place in an offshoot continuity, tbh. But that's just me.

Sooo...

Chapter 16 is my new second favourite thing from Star Wars, afther Empire.
    What a ride.
    And I thing I enjoyed even more this episode because I somehow avoided spoilers. I usually don't care about it. But.
    Wow.

Can't wait to see how it follows season 3.
    Edit: I don't mind about the kid. I', happy he has got a happy end as far as I know, but I'm ready for a new storyline for Mando.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-18-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Niffleheim

Didn't Bo get the sword handed to her before this? Why not take it now?
    Vizsla was killed in battle and his rule and possession of the darksaber and Mandalore went to Maul.

I think it depends who follows the old ways (like the Death Watch and the Children of the Watch) and who ignores the old ways like the Clans and Houses of Mandalore.

So does anyone knows whats happening with Book of Boba? I keep seeing news articles claiming we getting two shows side by side next December. But I took it as Season 3 of Mando would be sub titled the Book of Boba. I don't see them having two shows running concurrent. If anything maybe as a prelude to season 3 we get a 1 1/2 hour Boba Story. Iono i just don't see them doing two shows side by side. They try to keep stuff spaced out. Has there been any clarification?