Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Some are criticizing the Mandalorian messing up a bit.

But even in movies with uber-badasses this kind of stuff happens more than you'd think. Look at the John Wick movies, he spends a great deal of time getting injured. Even when James Bond was introduced in the movies, M remarked that he screwed up his last mission and had been in a hospital for half a year. "The Man With No Name" at times ended up badly messed up, with one humilation being "The ugly" marching him across the desert.... And of course there's Boba's fate....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some are criticizing the Mandalorian messing up a bit.
    I imagine that's mostly poeple who only want to indulge in power fantasies of the flawless kick-ass hero. It's what people wish Boba Fett was in the movies. Mando here is plenty kick ass but he's not invincible, which is more interesting to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Mando here is plenty kick ass but he's not invincible, which is more interesting to me.
    Seconded. I'm enjoying the fact that he's believably capable. Clearly skilled, even elite, but not a god. These fights have stakes because he could conceivably be beaten. Which means his victories feel satisfying as a result.

And it's a fun way to play with the mystique the helmet gives him. If he wasn't in the armor, would any of these people he meets hold him in the same regard? Imagine some random schmuck fighting the space rhino in a mud pit. Does anybody wait around expecting him to survive? But because of the armor, the Noltenaught sticks around for the awesome 'I'm surprised it took you so long' line.

iMan 42s

Assuming he continues to get the new armor you could argue that this is him working for it. I feel like we will see him gain more and more components so that by the end he will seem like an unstoppable badass. So these moments where he'a thrown on his ass feel rewarding like he's worked for it. Kind of like him progressing into a more knightly appearance (the metallic armor instead of the beaten up version) so by the end we've seen him turn into a Mandolorian proper.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Assuming he continues to get the new armor you could argue that this is him working for it. I feel like we will see him gain more and more components so that by the end he will seem like an unstoppable badass. So these moments where he'a thrown on his ass feel rewarding like he's worked for it. Kind of like him progressing into a more knightly appearance (the metallic armor instead of the beaten up version) so by the end we've seen him turn into a Mandolorian proper.
    He feels like a "Madolorian proper" right now precisely because he does not have those things.

Anyone think the Sandcrawler sequence was a bit of a homage to the tank scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, especially when they tried to bash him against the rocks?

Also kind of reminded me a bit of Marvel's first post-ROTJ comic, "Jawas of Doom" which had Boba Fett captured by the Jawas after being rescued from the Sarlacc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Anyone think the Sandcrawler sequence was a bit of a homage to the tank scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, especially when they tried to bash him against the rocks?

Also kind of reminded me a bit of Marvel's first post-ROTJ comic, "Jawas of Doom" which had Boba Fett captured by the Jawas after being rescued from the Sarlacc.
    It definitely reminded me of that scene:

That was my very first thought.

I'm loving this so far. It feels more like Star Wars than the Prequels or even the sequels have. There is a lot of reliance on puppets and models, and if they aren't models, then it's some of the best CGI I've seen. And I'm intrigued to see how they craft the story around a character that largely doesn't speak.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This made me laugh:

Mighty Member

I loved how the Jawas stripped the Mandalorian's ship.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This made me laugh:
    What's the one on the left? I can't tell what it is.

Also, if the next time we see him he's making a stew, I will probably LOL for a good ten minutes

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's the one on the left? I can't tell what it is.
    It's the alligator that bit off Chubbs' hand in Happy Gilmore.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member

"Spit that out" "Heehee BURP" Lol. A Baby Yoda eating frogs is kinda like cannibalism to me lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    not easily ... by a BABY. which canīt even communicate. but wields most impressive force powers. training, whatever
    i would place a bet we will, say see atleast 3 more force feats in season one.

you may argue that the baby would help defend shady man who saved it from bad robot from wild animal, but it collides with the serene impression i get from the baby.
    if there had been a peaceful conclusion, ok, but the mando stabbing mama horn after the baby lifted it into the air? themes collide imho
    That "baby" is supposed to be 50 human years old. Is it so inconceivable that that race just intuits the force deeply over time even before learning to speak? I mean yoda was almost a thousand years old and could barely speak with that strange impediment.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I loved how the Jawas stripped the Mandalorian's ship.
    That was the one thing that annoyed me. Are you telling me a Mandalorian doesn't have any security on his ship? No kind of automated defense?