Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 268

Thread: The Mandalorian

  1. #121
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That was the one thing that annoyed me. Are you telling me a Mandalorian doesn't have any security on his ship? No kind of automated defense?
    I don't think we've ever seen that kind of thing in canon star wars ships. I mean, the Falcon had nothing but Han and Chewie with their blasters to fend off the Mynocks and the Death Star, that wondrous technological monstrosity, was defended by manned turrets not auto guns.

    I think what some people forget is that unlike other sci-fi settings where everything is futuristic Star Wars was purposefully built on anachronisms, sure these ships fly in space but they're basically WWII era fighter planes at their core and as such are missing futuristic tech you'd expect given the setting.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 11-18-2019 at 10:53 AM.

  2. #122
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't think we've ever seen that kind of thing in canon star wars ships. I mean, the Falcon had nothing but Han and Chewie with their blasters to fend off the Mynocks and the Death Star, that wondrous technological monstrosity was defended by manned turrets not auto guns.

    I think what some people forget is that unlike other sci-fi settings where everything is futuristic Star Wars was built on anachronisms, sure these ships fly in space but they're basically WWII era fighter planes at their core and as such are missing futuristic tech you'd expect given the setting.
    Yeah, that's true. Still felt weird to me, though.

  3. #123
    Incredible Member Hawkgirl_70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    SE Missouri, USA
    Posts
    550

    Default

    I will continue to post how much I love this show!

    So, will we have to wait until NEXT November for Season 2?

    When does Obi-Wan's mini-series come out?
    Whose directing it?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

  4. #124
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    I will continue to post how much I love this show!

    So, will we have to wait until NEXT November for Season 2?

    When does Obi-Wan's mini-series come out?
    Whose directing it?
    From what we know Deborah Chow is set to run the show with Hossein Amini as lead writer and will be 4-6 episodes long. No release date yet but filming is supposed to begin early 2020.

  5. #125
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That was the one thing that annoyed me. Are you telling me a Mandalorian doesn't have any security on his ship? No kind of automated defense?
    Jawa's specialize in Ion weaponry so I doubt any kind of technological defense would be beyond their ability to disable.

  6. #126
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Jawa's specialize in Ion weaponry so I doubt any kind of technological defense would be beyond their ability to disable.
    Eh, I don't think we need to create some complicated explanation here to hand wave it away; he left his car in a bad neighborhood and paid the price. It's as simple as that.

  7. #127
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I don't think we need to create some complicated explanation here to hand wave it away; he left his car in a bad neighborhood and paid the price. It's as simple as that.
    I'd also argue it's because it took longer than he thought. If he'd of got there even a day earlier the craft would of probably been either untouched or still intact enough to be space worthy.

  8. #128
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,492

    Default

    Yeah, they've clearly established he's not great at picking parking spots.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

    "Let me ask you: Do I strike you as someone who's just now realized how much better I am than everyone else?" ~Namor the Sub-Mariner (Powers of X #5)

  9. #129
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    It's kind of funny that the whole baby plot in a way links up to Filoni's very first Star Wars work-the Clone Wars movie, which had Anakin and Ashoka rescue Jabba's son.

    Of course this one is far more interesting and the baby isn't nearly as annoying. No real crying, baby smelly jokes or anything, unless you count eating the lizard and short burp.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  10. #130

    Default

    I've really enjoyed the first two episodes -- I always assumed Jawas were native to Tatooine. Maybe not. With their tech knowledge they are obviously able to planet hop. I would assume all the planets seen so far are in the outer rim.

  11. #131
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I've really enjoyed the first two episodes -- I always assumed Jawas were native to Tatooine. Maybe not. With their tech knowledge they are obviously able to planet hop. I would assume all the planets seen so far are in the outer rim.
    The Knights of the Old Republic game is out of continuity but the origin of the Jawas given there might still be roughly in continuity in that yes they originated on Tatooine but have since spread to other worlds.

  12. #132
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    They're more tech-saavy than the Raiders so it makes sense.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  13. #133
    Incredible Member abulafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's kind of funny that the whole baby plot in a way links up to Filoni's very first Star Wars work-the Clone Wars movie, which had Anakin and Ashoka rescue Jabba's son.

    Of course this one is far more interesting and the baby isn't nearly as annoying. No real crying, baby smelly jokes or anything, unless you count eating the lizard and short burp.
    i wouldn´t call it funny. i think it rhymes
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

  14. #134
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,431

    Default

    I think the Child is a clone and/or will be cloned.

    The guy that really wanted the Asset alive was wearing a Kaminoan cloning uniform and badge.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  15. #135
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,212

    Default

    It has some similarities to Galen Erso's outfit in Rogue One as well.

    Perhaps Yoda's race are ALL clones? It's something that's surfaced in Star Wars lore a few times; Lando was originally from a planet of Clones in early drafts of ESB, and the EU Legends novels have the Dorsk species.

    Doesn't really explain Yaddle necesarilly although I suppose a female clone would work too.

    And of course much of the Mandalorian mythos comes from Boba Fett himself, who is revealed to be a clone in the prequels. (Although Clone Wars and Disney's EU has largely scrubbed that, pretty much saying Jango just happened to like the armor and was kind of an Imposter Mandalorian)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •