Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As a huge fan of Justified, I freaking loved Olyphant as the Marshall.
    Olyphant was fantastic.

I'm still not sure if Morrison is Fett though...he certainly could be but with a certain Jedi set to appear I'm still routing for Rex.

Sooooooo glad this is back. I thoroughly enjoyed the season opener, can't wait for more.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Now that you mention it, the bald head look is very reminiscent of Rex although Boba looked younger than Rebels Rex to me.

I think it's pretty likely Boba wants his armor back. I think we're also finally going to get clear confirmation on the Fett's status as Mandalorian's.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We did actually get confirmation it's beskar given how it reacts to blaster fire. It does make me wonder if Fett will be this season's antagonist with him on the hunt for his old armor though if Mando is looking for Jedi, Fett would know a thing or two about them.
    end of spoilers
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Olyphant was fantastic.

I'm still not sure if Morrison is Fett though...he certainly could be but with a certain Jedi set to appear I'm still routing for Rex.
    spoilers:
    This appearance was almost certainly Fett. Or at least, not Rex.

Exhibit A: No beard. Rex is famously bearded by this time period.

Exhibit B: All the Tusken weapons. This is somebody who has been on Tatooine for a bit. Not that that COULDN'T be Rex, but we already know Boba was in this location.

That said, I'm still hoping Morrison ALSO plays Rex later in the season. I will absolutely be bummed out of we get Morrison back, and only get Boba Fett out of it.
    end of spoilers

I never thought I would see a Krayt Dragon in live action.

That tickled my nerd bone.

Also I hope for no Boba Fett ever. Let him be dead.

Give us Rex and some clones.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-30-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As a huge fan of Justified, I freaking loved Olyphant as the Marshall.
    I mean, even with the helmet, it was obviously him from his "cowboy stride" when he walked in. Also, that dude must be so thin in real life - he barely filled out the armor. I also loved "Deadwood" and his bartender friend was Dan from that show.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok, this was quite good. Very much felt akin to the beginning of Rebels S2, moving things into a larger and more familiar world. This thing was loaded with easter eggs and nods. The main plot was a little simple, very much Western in it's "townsfolk and hated natives team up" vibe.
    Aren't almost all the plots "simple?" It seems each episode tackles one old western premise and plays it out in the SW universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    spoilers:
    We did actually get confirmation it's beskar given how it reacts to blaster fire. It does make me wonder if Fett will be this season's antagonist with him on the hunt for his old armor though if Mando is looking for Jedi, Fett would know a thing or two about them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Gideon is definitely the main overarching villain, but we're likely going to get Mando vs Boba.
    end of spoilers

You just know some fan's going to edit in the "WOOOOOOOH!!!" Krayt Dragon scream from the blu-ray into this episode for some laughs at some point.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Olyphant was fantastic.

With the way Clones age Rex would be much older than Fett at this point. Boba being and unaltered clone would age normally. I can't remember if they ever have said that clones aging slows down as they reached maturity or if it was faster their entire lives. Either way Rex has a good 10 or 15 years on Boba at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    With the way Clones age Rex would be much older than Fett at this point. Boba being and unaltered clone would age normally. I can't remember if they ever have said that clones aging slows down as they reached maturity or if it was faster their entire lives. Either way Rex has a good 10 or 15 years on Boba at least.
    I KNOW it is Boba but I WANT it to be pretty much anybody else.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There is some precedent-78 year old Sebastian Shaw played 45 year old Anakin. (Although his ghost was later retconned to Hayden Anakin).

Also 3PO hinted that the Sarlacc has some unique digestive abilities, although it's for preserving it's prey rather than aging it....

Or maybe the Obi-Wan explanation, that Obi-Wan looked a decade older (mid 60s) than his actual age (late 50s) since he'd been in the Tatooine suns.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-31-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Clones age twice as fast, if Boba is 41 then Rex is 82. Same with Cody, Fives and everyone from the Clone Wars.

This is the first time we've seen Temeura Morrison as Boba unmasked, right? Actually, I think this is the first time in-canon we've seen adult Boba without his helmet on.

Makes you wonder if he was bald the entire time in the OT. The Clone Wars had his head shaved pretty close too when he started bounty hunting.

so after 43 years since Obi Wan made a Krayt dragon noise to scare off some sand people we FINALLY know what they officially look like