Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1110

Thread: The Mandalorian

  1. #1036
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,703

    Default

    It’s funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

    Meanwhile I think Generation Tech has the most reasoned and rational opinion of the situation. Hopefully everything can just move on now.


  2. #1037
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    This add fuel to my theory she was fired before her latest post and the plan was to write her out off the show in the next season so that there would be a smooth transition and little controversy,they had already changed plan with casting her in a spin off show. However,the company was forced to make a statement due to her latest actions given that
    Its not a bad theory. I would be a little surprised if its true though. I would think a company like Disney would get out in front of something like this if they indeed fired her prior. I doubt they would give her the opportunity to martyr herself like she did. Just a guess I think they probably had informed her of a reduced role in the show, she then goes off on twitter about jews and conservatives because she is upset at her reduced role and gets herself fired to look like a right wing hero.

  3. #1038
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I detest Ben Shapiro. Not only is he a condescending twit but I get a clear cynical "an act for money by exploiting the gullible" vibe from him. I sincerely doubt he believes half of what he says but pretends he does because his audience expects it of him.
    Yea I try not to get to involved in politics and try to be neutral even though someone is independent when it comes to voting. But the conservatives/ republicans have consistently gotten under my skin over this past 4-5 years. Folks like Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram, Anne Coulter, Candace Owens, and Tomi Lauren to name a few. Those people are just the WORST. It just seems like Gina is making some crappy movie that caters to that base with Ben Shapiro.

  4. #1039
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Its funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

    Meanwhile I think Generation Tech has the most reasoned and rational opinion of the situation. Hopefully everything can just move on now.

    I generally agree with this however how many people repeated the 'offending' behavior after they were warned.

    Initially, I thought that Disney may have been harsh if she was just fired for her latest post, however after looking into it a bit more I found that even after her controversies in the past they announced that she was going to star in their new show in November which mean that they clearly didn't have a problem with her being conservative, then in December she posted a meme that could be interpreted as anti-Semitic.

    I think this was the point that they realized that she many not be worth the long term investment.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-12-2021 at 12:30 PM.

  5. #1040
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I generally agree with this however how many people repeated the 'offending' behavior after they were warned.

    Initially, I thought that Disney may have been harsh if she was just fired for her latest post, however after looking into it a bit more I found that even after her controversies in the past they announced that she was going to star in their new show in November which mean that they clearly didn't have a problem with her being conservative, then in December she posted a meme that could be interpreted as anti-Semitic.



    I think this was the point that they realized that she many not be worth the long term investment.
    I don't even think most people interpret it as anti-semitic. Its just a really dumb comment. If you are going to attempt to analogize the suffering the jewish people went through in Germany in the 30s with some other people in another time you better have your ducks in a row.

  6. #1041
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I think Gina Carano is a really weak actress that didnt get much better on this show, so frankly I
    I think, huh? whenever I see posts that claim her performance was good. It leaves me wondering if I saw a different performance or something because I thought she was tough to stomach acting-wise in pretty much every scene that didnt involve action. She could never muster anything beyond two facial expressions, and honestly she was clearly the weak link. Like Gal Gadot, she had the luxury of being elevated by acting along much stronger actors like Carl Weathers and Pedro Pascal who are good at their craft, but her performance was nothing but mediocre at best. Gina has charisma, Ill give her that, but when she tries to emote...and say a line its kind of cringe to watch a lot of the time.

    ...
    She's definitely a one trick pony.

    Remember her in the first Deadpool? Yeah, kinda sorta...she fought Colossus on the ship. She emotes about as well as a hammer, but the hammer is at least useful occasionally.

  7. #1042
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    She's definitely a one trick pony.

    Remember her in the first Deadpool? Yeah, kinda sorta...she fought Colossus on the ship. She emotes about as well as a hammer, but the hammer is at least useful occasionally.
    I will have to watch that movie again because I cannot recall her in that movie. I am just guessing she was one of the bad guys at the end?

  8. #1043
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It’s funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

    Meanwhile I think Generation Tech has the most reasoned and rational opinion of the situation. Hopefully everything can just move on now.

    Good objective video.

    Social media has changed the world by allowing everyone with half an opinion to have a megaphone...

    so if you say stupid things, it's out there for employers to view....so accept the consequence, whether you think it's fair or not.

  9. #1044
    All-New Member namor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26

    Default

    She is correct....

  10. #1045
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I will have to watch that movie again because I cannot recall her in that movie. I am just guessing she was one of the bad guys at the end?
    You are correct sir. She was a bad...person. Not to worry, she didn't really stand out there too much either with her "exceptional" acting prowess.

  11. #1046
    Swollen Member GOLGO 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea I try not to get to involved in politics and try to be neutral even though someone is independent when it comes to voting. But the conservatives/ republicans have consistently gotten under my skin over this past 4-5 years. Folks like Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram, Anne Coulter, Candace Owens, and Tomi Lauren to name a few. Those people are just the WORST. It just seems like Gina is making some crappy movie that caters to that base with Ben Shapiro.
    I'll be delighted to see Gina dazzle the world with her superior acting range. Ben Shapiro as well? What a treat!

  12. #1047
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It’s funny that Grace Randolph correctly figured before this announcement that Gina had purposely done this to free herself up elsewhere.

    Meanwhile I think Generation Tech has the most reasoned and rational opinion of the situation. Hopefully everything can just move on now.

    It's actually INSANE how well Grace called it. This whole thing just honestly makes me sad and was super unnecessary.

  13. #1048
    *🅱️𝓤𝓢𝓢𝓘𝓝* The Gold Stream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    320

    Default

    assuming carano doesnt nick cannon herself back into employment, i think cara's death will be announced in an opening crawl and be part of the plot that the rangers or mando has to avenge

    or they could disfigure her and give her a darth vader rig to mask the voice/looks of new actress

  14. #1049
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    5,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    assuming carano doesnt nick cannon herself back into employment, i think cara's death will be announced in an opening crawl and be part of the plot that the rangers or mando has to avenge

    or they could disfigure her and give her a darth vader rig to mask the voice/looks of new actress
    ...or they could just do the easiest thing and recast her. As I said earlier killing her offscreen is a tad petty and punishes the character for the sins of the actor. Cara Dune is still a interesting character and whilst I could imagine the shows working without her, it's better to have her around still with a new actress in my opinion.

  15. #1050
    Fantastic Member Common Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Gina, you canceled yourself. You had a once in a lifetime opportunity and you blew it.

    This is like the slowest train wreck that we've seen a thousand miles coming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •