Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    No, actually. Though it was definitely Pedro Pascal doing the voice.
    I was 99% joking. I am not very familiar with his voice, but he definitely sounds like Combs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    That's how it's always worked.
    But they had to construct a whole chamber - it just made it seem more of an impressive procedure. We couldn't see what actually happened when Han was lowered. Again, it was a minor quibble.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But they had to construct a whole chamber - it just made it seem more of an impressive procedure. We couldn't see what actually happened when Han was lowered. Again, it was a minor quibble.
    Well, the Bespin carbon freezing facility was industrial grade, and made to capture the gaseous tibanna mined there for transport. It makes sense that it would involve some sort of flash freeze, especially since tibanna has typically been associated with blasters and other energy weapons in the expanded universe and is therefor understood to be potentially volatile. This unit was presumably designed for the express purpose we see it put to here, and as such wouldn't need to be anywhere near as large. And, even when Luke escapes Vader's trap, the effect used is the same, with the spray of gas.

I enjoyed the western motifs in songs and theme.

I loved the look and feel of how everything felt lived in.

I liked the world building and references from new monies and even Life Day.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Was the client wearing some kind of Imperial medal? It would explain some things if here were former Empire.

I'm guessing "Foundling" = orphan?

I don't recall anyone referring to the "backpipe" before - was this the first toilet we've seen in this universe?

I'm sure there are a million references and easter eggs that are totally going over my head (Afterbuzz did reveal that the "Life Day" thing the bounty referenced was from the old "Star Wars Christmas Special"!)
    Overall great start to the show!!

Not a big Star Wars fan but really enjoyed the first episode.

Couple questions for the Experts.

When does this take place? From context clues I'd say shortly after episode 6 since they say the Empire is done but there are still remnants. But Iono

Yodas race, are they suppose to be rare or nearly extinct?

What is a Signet? Sounds like a family Crest or House Banner. For Mandalorians does each individual get theyre own that they have to earn or how does that work within their culture. If any of this is new stuff they havent covered in previous star wars Lore I apologize.

Anyway enjoyed it alot, love how there is even this video game leveling up vibe to It. I assume as the show goes on he will earn more Of that Steel and his armor will keep getting upgraded. The Alien design were really impressive, especially for a TV show. Score was great aswell.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not a big Star Wars fan but really enjoyed the first episode.

Couple questions for the Experts.

When does this take place? From context clues I'd say shortly after episode 6 since they say the Empire is done but there are still remnants. But Iono

Yodas race, are they suppose to be rare or nearly extinct?

What is a Signet? Sounds like a family Crest or House Banner. For Mandalorians does each individual get theyre own that they have to earn or how does that work within their culture. If any of this is new stuff they havent covered in previous star wars Lore I apologize.

Anyway enjoyed it alot, love how there is even this video game leveling up vibe to It. I assume as the show goes on he will earn more Of that Steel and his armor will keep getting upgraded. The Alien design were really impressive, especially for a TV show. Score was great aswell.
    From what I recall reading, it's supposed to be 5 or 6 years after Return of the Jedi, yes.

We've only ever seen two of them before. Yoda and another Jedi. So yeah, rare. Really, really rare. So far anyway.

The sigil stuff appears to be new. Love that we're getting more Mando lore.

Extraordinary Member

Damn if they only had shoot outs like that in the movies. Only in SWS do you have bar doors that kill lol.

This was cool. A Star Wars western.

Okay...

1. John Favreau and Filoni should make the next Star Wars movies. It's a much better choice than D&D and Rian Johnson. This Star Wars show was so good poor Rise Of The Skywalker will fail to clear the high bar this show sets.

2. Brace yourself, the "I have spoken" memes are coming.

3. I...don't really want to know more about Yoda's race. I'm still trying to forget Yadda.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

From what I recall reading, it's supposed to be 5 or 6 years after Return of the Jedi, yes.

We've only ever seen two of them before. Yoda and another Jedi. So yeah, rare. Really, really rare. So far anyway.

The sigil stuff appears to be new. Love that we're getting more Mando lore.
    Ok thanks for the info.

There's actually a female Yoda, Yaddle briefly seen on the council in The Phantom Menace (Strangely, she doesn't show up at the Naboo celebration at the end of the film with the rest, but given how the Yoda puppet looked, maybe that's for the best).

She didn't show up in the later prequels though.

Even in the old EU, his species seemed mainly limited to the Knights of the Old Republic games. Some have speculated that Yoda's species are the Whills, the mysterious chroniclers of Star Wars lore.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

... Love that we're getting more Mando lore.
    Perhaps someone more versed in the lore knows, but the way the guy in the bar used the term, are we to pick up that "Mando" is a really disrespectful derogatory term?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's actually a female Yoda, Yaddle briefly seen on the council in The Phantom Menace (Strangely, she doesn't show up at the Naboo celebration at the end of the film with the rest, but given how the Yoda puppet looked, maybe that's for the best).

She didn't show up in the later prequels
    Yeah, I'm cool with Yoda being the only one, but I'm willing to trust the creative team.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was cool. A Star Wars western.
    The space western aspect has always been baked into the franchise. You see it with the the outlaw character type characters such as Han, Boba Fett or Cad Bane (from The Clone Wars).

The Mandalorian is a show that just dials it up to 11 like how the Prequels/Clone Wars emphasized the Jedi aspects of the franchise or how Rogue One emphasized the Rebel aspect. In many ways because of that, it feels more ambitious than the Sequel Trilogy in what it attempts to do.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The space western aspect has always been baked into the franchise. You see it with the the outlaw character type characters such as Han, Boba Fett or Cad Bane (from The Clone Wars).

The Mandalorian is a show that just dials it up to 11 like how the Prequels/Clone Wars emphasized the Jedi aspects of the franchise or how Rogue One emphasized the Rebel aspect. In many ways because of that, it feels more ambitious than the Sequel Trilogy in what it attempts to do.
    Everything after TFA has been ambitious from Disney, IMHO. Some of it has been a homer, some of it fizzled.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium