Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'm still catching up with the Mandalorian and not sure if this is a spoiler...
    . but how is it possible for Bo-Katan Kryze to even show up in the series? Wouldn't she be as old as Kenobi?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's possible, the way she talked made it seem like it was taking place not long after the Battle of Endor but there's nothing expressly stating that.
    This series takes place five years after Return of the Jedi. Endor would be a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    I guess it's mainly to explain why Sabine might not be with Ahsoka, but if I remember epilogue Ahsoka right she had this cloak and staff that she wasn't shown with here, so it might be later for Ahsoka.
    If this does indeed happen before the Rebels Epilogue then I want to know how Ahsoka got out of the Sith Planet she was stranded in.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm still catching up with the Mandalorian and not sure if this is a spoiler...
    . but how is it possible for Bo-Katan Kryze to even show up in the series? Wouldn't she be as old as Kenobi?
    Kenobi was already in his 40s during the Clone Wars IIRC. I presumed Bo-Katan was in her early 20s during the Clone Wars.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Her wiki page doesn't have a birth date and I suppose Mandalorians might be better at aging than some human races?

That and Katee Sackhoff ages extremely well .

Funny thing is Katee's current hairstyle is actually closer to Bo-Katan's animated look than her live-action debut.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kenobi was already in his 40s during the Clone Wars IIRC. I presumed Bo-Katan was in her early 20s during the Clone Wars.
    And possibly even a bit younger than that. Sabine isn't that much older than Ezra in Rebels, figure 20 at the outside. Mandalorians clearly don't have a problem giving responsibility to the young, if they prove worthy of it.

Bo-Katan may only be in her mid to late 40's by the time of the Mandalorian. Or, roughly speaking, Katee Sackhoff's age.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I figure Bo was like the Anakin to Satine's Obi-Wan, making her in her late 40's by the time she shows up in the Mandalorian, which is slightly older than Sackoff but it's Hollywood so if 30 something year old actors can play high schoolers I figure the other way is fair too.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Star Wars is a weird place with age - fourteen year old girls can be Queen, fancy nine year old boys who are whiz pilots and fifty year old aliens are still babies. Hell it’s not even the only fandom weird about age.

Anakin/Vader was in his mid-40s when he died but was played by the 78-year old Sebastian Shaw.

Also Boba Fett should be roughly the same age, but Temura Morrison is 60 next month (If his character is Boba).

Although in both cases the characters have been through a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Star Wars is a weird place with age - fourteen year old girls can be Queen, fancy nine year old boys who are whiz pilots and fifty year old aliens are still babies. Hell it’s not even the only fandom weird about age.

Thank you, that was hilarious.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anakin/Vader was in his mid-40s when he died but was played by the 78-year old Sebastian Shaw.

Also Boba Fett should be roughly the same age, but Temura Morrison is 60 next month (If his character is Boba).

Although in both cases the characters have been through a lot.
    Boba being a clone has accelerated aging so physically he should be as old as Temura

iMan 42s

Boba doesn’t have accelerated aging.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Yeah, I think we can assume the Sarlac Pit did a number on him more than he's supposed to be that much older now.

3PO did say that those swallowed by the Sarlacc would be "slowly digested over a thousand years (presumably alive in some sorry state judging by Threepio's dialogue)" but it's possible he got out before that happened...

Yep and it's made pretty clear in AOTC that Boba is an "unaltered" clone without age or other programming even though the Kaminoans don't refer exactly to Boba by that name it's kind of obvious it's him.