Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Who else thinks Mando shot Carl Weathers in the exact spot where he knew he had his Beskar steel? I figured that he did, but some others on the internet did not assume that's the case.

I am of two minds: Mando shouldn't be so sentimental that he'd make sure to not kill someone who had no problem betraying him, but I do like Carl Weathers and he's Mando's Markie Post! He has to stick around....
    That was my feeling as well, and I don't think it's too sentimental; it's basically saying, " I respect your choice to try and take me down for breaking the code, I would have done the same in your place, but don't screw with me."

That Yoda aging bit is interesting because previously it was implied that his species grew up at the same rate but just lived longer as it was said that he himself was around a hundred when he was made a Jedi master
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    That Yoda aging bit is interesting because previously it was implied that his species grew up at the same rate but just lived longer as it was said that he himself was around a hundred when he was made a Jedi master
    Good point.
    And if Yoda was a Jedi Master at 100, then he couldn't have been a ten-year old equivalent.
    Well, unless he's Batman, of course.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Good point.
    And if Yoda was a Jedi Master at 100, then he couldn't have been a ten-year old equivalent.
    Well, unless he's Batman, of course.
    Wish there were a place we could ask Filoni or Favreau (both the aging of Baby Yoda being inconsistent with Yoda’s aging and how this religious sect was made synonymous with Mandalorian culture since the other series) because I know how much at least the former respects the canon and knows it like the back of his hand. He would be careful not to conflict with what has been established in the current canon before.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Wish there were a place we could ask Filoni or Favreau (both the aging of Baby Yoda being inconsistent with Yoda’s aging and how this religious sect was made synonymous with Mandalorian culture since the other series) because I know how much at least the former respects the canon and knows it like the back of his hand. He would be careful not to conflict with what has been established in the current canon before.
    It a little early to say that either conflicts with what we know isn't it? There's a chunk of Mandalorian history between Rebels and now that we're not fully privy to( the Purge they keep mentioning) And for all we know the Baby could be more intellectually mature than it's letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It a little early to say that either conflicts with what we know isn't it? There's a chunk of Mandalorian history between Rebels and now that we're not fully privy to( the Purge they keep mentioning) And for all we know the Baby could be more intellectually mature than it's letting on.
    Oh yeah, it isn’t like I’m hating on it. It has been great thus far and like I said, Filoni and Favreau are people I doubt would disregard continuity like that.

There's a tidbit floating around the pro-Jedi Mando's were partially purged during Order 66 and they held claim to the Beskar mines.

There's also another rumor tidbit floating around Vader led a "final" purge after some younglings were protected by a Mando group to eradicate that group and take the remaining Beskar during the events leading up to Empire. If true, Vader was on a huge roll from the destruction of the First Death Star up to the Battle of Endor. There's been a rumor one of the "big" cameo's this season is Vader. Given what we've seen, it could be a flashback.

Both rumors also give credence to a possible motive for A) the Mando breaking the Guild code to protect the Child, and B) the Coven breaking cover to protect the Child and the Bounty Hunter. It would also explain why they are in hiding ("Only one can appear at a time.").

As an aside, I totally think Mando shot the Guild guy right in the Beskar plates. When they eventually tussle again, I could see the Guild leader bringing it up and Mando says he never misses. And then blows him up proper that time.

It could be a long con, too, in that Mando and the Guild guy are in cahoots to bring the Child to an even higher payer.

Also, Moff Gideon has yet to make his appearance.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's a tidbit floating around the pro-Jedi Mando's were partially purged during Order 66 and they held claim to the Beskar mines.

There's also another rumor tidbit floating around Vader led a "final" purge after some younglings were protected by a Mando group to eradicate that group and take the remaining Beskar during the events leading up to Empire. If true, Vader was on a huge roll from the destruction of the First Death Star up to the Battle of Endor. There's been a rumor one of the "big" cameo's this season is Vader. Given what we've seen, it could be a flashback.
    Interesting re Vader -- seeing what Mando's gun can do it would give new meaning to "No disintegrations!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Interesting re Vader -- seeing what Mando's gun can do it would give new meaning to "No disintegrations!"
    to quote counterstrike, awp op.
    it looked n1, but it is just op. he can use it in melee, high fire rate, wall hack, and more.
    i think jedi knight outcast pc game had a sniper rifle with similar effect. too much star trek for me
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    to quote counterstrike, awp op.
    it looked n1, but it is just op. he can use it in melee, high fire rate, wall hack, and more.
    i think jedi knight outcast pc game had a sniper rifle with similar effect. too much star trek for me
    He does have to reload each time he wants to fire the "disintegration bullet" or whatever that is - that's only one shot at a time.

Oh, and it was nice to see in the latest ep that his helmet visor does have some features, so he doesn't always need that periscope thing.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-26-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I'm more interested in the fact that there's some rumors of pro-Jedi Mandos ... I thought they hated all Jedi, regardless of clan? But they hated pretty much everybody ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm more interested in the fact that there's some rumors of pro-Jedi Mandos ... I thought they hated all Jedi, regardless of clan? But they hated pretty much everybody ...
    Once, maybe. But the stories in The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels are all focused on Mandalorians that aren't just ok with Jedi, they are actively allied with them. Hell, Obi-Wan's true love, his Padme if you will, was the Duchess of Mandalore. Though she was also a pacifist who tried to completely change Mandalorian culture away from the warrior traditions that nearly destroyed their world.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Once, maybe. But the stories in The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels are all focused on Mandalorians that aren't just ok with Jedi, they are actively allied with them. Hell, Obi-Wan's true love, his Padme if you will, was the Duchess of Mandalore. Though she was also a pacifist who tried to completely change Mandalorian culture away from the warrior traditions that nearly destroyed their world.
    I haven't watched Rebels. I guess I better start! When I was a kid, all the Mandos hated the Jedi, no matter what. Now I can learn about the current canon.

Clone Wars also pretty much made Jango and Boba Fett "fake" Mandalorians (Not a Disney retcon, but a George Lucas one). It's even sort of implied that Jango's armor is sort of bootleg (It's made of durasteel, not beskar).

It could be interesting to see how the Mandalorian(s) view the Fetts. I don't think we've seen much of that covered.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

RE: The Mandalorian's Baby Yoda Further Exposes Fandom's 'Mary Sue' Hypocrisy

I don't see how it's hypocrisy, insofar as we've never seen a "Baby Yoda" before and it's perfectly reasonable to assume that the species is more naturally adept at Force manipulation than humanoids who, as we all know, require training in the use of the Force.