Page 88 of 107 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

The Doctor did not warrant this much time. Also...sequel trilogy. This is NOT the way.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think we saw the Ghost in Rise of Skywalker as well, during the battle on Exogol.

...how old would Hera's kid be in the Mando era? Somewhere between ten and fifteen maybe? I feel like that's a kid with a story to tell, I wonder if we'll ever see him? Any rumors of Ashoka picking that plot point/character up?

After posters here pointed out the "Rex" thing from Endor I watched the film and yeah, that guy could be Rex. But I thought clones aged and died quickly? Would Rex still be alive 20+ years after the Clone Wars?

I very much look forward to seeing what the CotW think of Sabine. Not only is she tied up with the darksaber, Bo's fall from grace, and thus the Night of a Thousand Tears, but she developed weapons for the Empire designed to bypass beskar, as I recall? Hard to tell how the CotW will respond to her, but I very much doubt they're fans.
    Hera’s kid would be about 10ish.

Rex became a recurring character and active Rebellion soldier in Rebels, being displayed a bit like a very fit 70 year old biologically. Filoni apparently really liked the idea of him being Nick Sant, but was reluctant to genuinely retcon it in - so he settled for leaving Nic and Rex active during the Endor timeline, with no confirmed connection to contradiction between them,p.

And Sabine’s weapon, the Duchess, was designed to not just bypass Beskar… but to target and fry Mandalorians using their Beskar.
    I’d be willing to bet she’s near to the COTW’s anti-Christ, really; the Armorer was clearly dead-set against letting Din take the spear because it could Pierce Beskar, imagine how much worse she’d see making the Beskar an active part of an assault.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The Rex thing was pretty much something that I think Filoni just speculated about but it sort of became sort of half-canon. "Officially" the bearded commando is called Nik Sant, but other sources did say Rex was on the ground in Endor.

Of course it's also Disney canon that Poe's father was one of the commandos but we don't really see any of them looking like Oscar Isaac with a goatee (The official art of Kes Dameron is pretty much that). We don't really get a good look at any of the commandos in the film anyway, although there's some BTS photos of them doing publicity potraits with Mark and Prowse on the Death Star Throne room set.

Also although Rex doesn't appear to be among the commandos, one can say he was just offscreen or was from the group that landed after the Death Star was destroyed and probably helped mop things up. We do see several transports among the fleet which, while useless during the battle because they don't have a lot of weapons, were probably intended for dropping troops or boarding any Imperial ships (The rebels were expecting at least a small fleet, apart from Luke Han and co. don't seem too alarmed by the Super Star Destroyer and the two smaller ones early on the movie).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-20-2023 at 03:37 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This must have been an easy episode for Katee Sachoff because I'm guessing she just provided voiceover for this episode. Bo has lost pretty much everything and feels a newfound sense of...I guess investment or acceptance with a more strict version of and sect dedicated to a creed, so I guess for now she'll keep her helmet on if it means finding a new community of Mandalorians who accept her. But she totally feels like the type who would go off-world, take her helmet off, and then say she never did.

Dat dogfighting though! Also probably the most effective Imperial attack in the whole series.

Din is accepted back, which is great, but...is it? When they're still kind of a cult? But I guess they are one of the few Mandalorian communities still left. Is Bo going to rope in the other Mandalorians to join her there?

Man, it's nice to see Coruscant again post-OT and pre-ST.

I think I see why the New Republic failed so badly against the First Order. Decommissioned their military, the citizens were as foppish and quick to move on from the Empire in any way possible as ever, their methods, while well-intentioned, left a lot to be desired and ultimately dehumanized and wasted resources (while also emphasizing using the wrong things). And they were arguably as played in this episode as Pershing was.

I had completely forgotten Coruscant was built on top of a mountain.

I wonder if that Amnesty Housing was mentioned at the end of the Alphabet Squadron trilogy. I feel like it was.

That was the ticket collecting terminator right there.

So if Kane needs the Cloning tech but not Pershing, did Gideon have a back-up plan or backup scientist?

It must be weird for the current head of House Vizla to see Bo-Katan.

So...remember the fan theories that Jar-Jar Binks would play a role in hiding the Skywalker twins and that would redeem the character?

Well, that never happened, but it looks like somebody might've remembered those...

Kelleran also seems to have a Naboo connection, it's very possible he's a Jedi from there (Also fitting with the Jar-Jar nod). Not sure but it appears the markings on his robe might be Naboo's alphabet (Although Jedi are very strict about certain things, I think they are still allowed cultural mementos on their outfits, especially if one is sent as an emissary to their own planet. ) Not only is Palpatine also from there of course, but the Skywalker twins are half-Naboo through their mother and Rey through her Grandfather/clone father.

Wonder if that's the same as the AOTC ship (presumably recovered after Geonosis) although we see two destroyed in Clone Wars that might've been that ship too.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-22-2023 at 07:50 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This must have been an easy episode for Katee Sachoff because I'm guessing she just provided voiceover for this episode. Bo has lost pretty much everything and feels a newfound sense of...I guess investment or acceptance with a more strict version of and sect dedicated to a creed, so I guess for now she'll keep her helmet on if it means finding a new community of Mandalorians who accept her. But she totally feels like the type who would go off-world, take her helmet off, and then say she never did.

Dat dogfighting though! Also probably the most effective Imperial attack in the whole series.

Din is accepted back, which is great, but...is it? When they're still kind of a cult? But I guess they are one of the few Mandalorian communities still left. Is Bo going to rope in the other Mandalorians to join her there?

Man, it's nice to see Coruscant again post-OT and pre-ST.

I think I see why the New Republic failed so badly against the First Order. Decommissioned their military, the citizens were as foppish and quick to move on from the Empire in any way possible as ever, their methods, while well-intentioned, left a lot to be desired and ultimately dehumanized and wasted resources (while also emphasizing using the wrong things). And they were arguably as played in this episode as Pershing was.

I had completely forgotten Coruscant was built on top of a mountain.

I wonder if that Amnesty Housing was mentioned at the end of the Alphabet Squadron trilogy. I feel like it was.

That was the ticket collecting terminator right there.

So if Kane needs the Cloning tech but not Pershing, did Gideon have a back-up plan or backup scientist?

It must be weird for the current head of House Vizla to see Bo-Katan.
    I have to question if the children of the watch truly is a cult. Given Bo commentary what their day to day isn't different from a typical Mandalorian upbringing. Other than strict inherence to their creed there isn't anything cultish about them. Given how quick mandalorians like to discredit other houses, clans and any group that doesn't share their ideology I'm going to chalk them being a cult as another instance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have to question if the children of the watch truly is a cult. Given Bo commentary what their day to day isn't different from a typical Mandalorian upbringing. Other than strict inherence to their creed there isn't anything cultish about them. Given how quick mandalorians like to discredit other houses, clans and any group that doesn't share their ideology I'm going to chalk them being a cult as another instance of that.
    They've clearly got cultist elements to them, the undo significance assigned to anyone seeing their faces, the unquestioning declaration of "this is the way" to everything.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Ahmed Best getting to return and play an actual Jedi was a fun little cameo, enjoyed the episode but being perfectly honest it was filler, but enjoyable filler

Got a feeling we're going to see the Mudhorn medallion merchandise pretty soon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's comical how large that medallion is. It covers his entire chest

Extraordinary Member

Carl Weathers handled his B.I! This is what the eff Im talkin bout. Coruscant mega cityscapes a bad-ass Jedi and Grogu is as cute as ever. The minute he puts on a helmet this show is over lol. But yup enjoyed this way better than the last ep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Ahmed Best getting to return and play an actual Jedi was a fun little cameo, enjoyed the episode but being perfectly honest it was filler, but enjoyable filler
    We got the clearest backstory yet for Grogu, and we get detailed inner workings of the Mando community. This was in no way filler. This was essential world building.

Oh, the Watch are definitely cultish, there's no arguing that. But they're not a cult so much as just a really, really *really* orthodox branch of the church. Not a cult, but not quite *not* a cult, y'know what I mean?

So. Bo. Isn't she just making herself right at home and being indispensable? I can not trust that woman, but I think maybe she is becoming a true believer. Wonder how long before she challenges Din for the darksaber? I'd like to believe that she really did give up on her schemes like she told Din but I can totally see her going full-blown Paul Muad'Dib.

Enjoyed Grogu's first duel, and I love how unshakably confident and proud Din was. Good dad moment. Enjoyed Grogu's flashback too. Didn't tell us much, but it was well done and got the flashback sequences off planet and, presumably, beyond the night of Order 66. Next time, we should be seeing stuff later on, the stuff Ashoka says "went dark" in his memory. I had no idea who the Jedi was who saved him, but after a Google I very much agree with and appreciate the choice. One thing the articles I read didn't mention; Best played the character meant to have a lot of kid appeal, and as much as we adults hated Jar Jar, kids did like him. And now Best gets to save Grogu, the character with a lot of kid appeal. That feels fitting to me. I wonder if that Jedi is still around and what happened to him? I'm also glad Grogu's savior didn't end up being some big name character. I liked him and the Armorer, and I feel like watching her work and learning about the culture was perhaps more therapeutic for Grogu than all of Luke's training. Love the sigil being so big. "You'll grow into it" she says. Ha!

Once again, I feel like Din got the short end of the episode. But he gets some quality "hero" moments to go with his "proud dad" scene. I wonder if this is going to bridge the distance between him and Vizla? They never seemed to like each other, or at least Vizla didn't like Din, but I imagine it's a lot harder to dislike somebody after they save your son.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's comical how large that medallion is. It covers his entire chest
    It's pretty gangsta.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's pretty gangsta.
    She should have made him a chest clock, so Baby Yoda always knows what time it is.