Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1592

Thread: The Mandalorian

All-New Member

Yeah, its not that I can not watch it... But still its seems this season is a ultra light version of the 2 prev. seasons. Just feel disappointed and starting to loose interesst in the show. Sad, as I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

All-New Member

I agree that TCW and rebels have much more to it. This seaon of the mandalorian just seems to light in story/narrative. Also charachters getting more and more dull. Not much progress. But yeah S Wren and Bo might have something good going on in future. But still I get the feeling, that the show doesnt really want to built up some grat narative/characters. They want to please all ages and viewers? that might be reason it feel so dull.

Right now Andor is in my opp. the Best Star Wars in ages, besides TCW and REbels.

By the Ways The bad batch is also really good and something I have enjoyed watching so far (even though it did start a bit slow/odd)

Quote Originally Posted by DKnerd View Post
    I agree that TCW and rebels have much more to it. This seaon of the mandalorian just seems to light in story/narrative. Also charachters getting more and more dull. Not much progress. But yeah S Wren and Bo might have something good going on in future. But still I get the feeling, that the show doesnt really want to built up some grat narative/characters. They want to please all ages and viewers? that might be reason it feel so dull.

Right now Andor is in my opp. the Best Star Wars in ages, besides TCW and REbels.

By the Ways The bad batch is also really good and something I have enjoyed watching so far (even though it did start a bit slow/odd)
    Part of the issue could be they don't want to accidentally contradict any movies (particularly the Sequel Trilogy onward).

Personally, I want to see Omega and Boba Fett meet. Technically, Omega would have just as much claim to the armor, though I doubt she would want it. If anything, she would simply want the companionship of a brother, this time one that wouldn't age rapidly.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DKnerd View Post

I think part of the issue is that The Mandalorian has high visibility and likely more input (aka higher up micromanagement) than TCW or Rebels had which is impacting the story. Agree on Bad Batch, at first I wasn't expecting much when initially announced and it had a slow build but have really enjoyed it overall. Andor is the standard IMO right now but I also attribute its "edge" to likely not having high expectations so higher ups are just letting it flow and tell the story the writters want to tell.

My issue with the last episode the more I think about it (and someone mentioned here already) is if Mandalore was rebuilt how were they not part of the fight against the first order?

Quote Originally Posted by paulrkiii View Post
    My issue with the last episode the more I think about it (and someone mentioned here already) is if Mandalore was rebuilt how were they not part of the fight against the first order?
    Who was part of the fight against the first order?
    The problem with the sequel trilogy is they just focused on the resistance (and Jedi) the whole time, a small group to begin with, and when we got to the end of TLJ, their numbers had dwindled to enough that they all fit onto the millennium falcon; then there's more of them at the beginning of TROS.
    Who are they? Where did they come from? What are their factional alignments? Movie doesn't care.
    Then they focus on defeating the Last order the whole time, which came down to a nebulous invocation of the silent majority, which did not really qualify who that 'more of us' might be outside of a few select individuals... then the First Order just kinda got defeated off screen.

Over all they were to focused on the personal bull$#%@ of the space wizards to properly establish anything.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 04-19-2023 at 11:41 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't understand Mandalorian naming conventions. So Din is the family name? Every other mandalorian follow western naming convention unless the children of the watch don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't understand Mandalorian naming conventions. So Din is the family name? Every other mandalorian follow western naming convention unless the children of the watch don't.
    Paz Vizsla is from a long line of Vizsla's... so Children of the Watch still follow western naming conventions.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Kind of curious how the Gideons would have been educated and trained. The Clone Troopers we saw in the prequels were still raised from a young age, although they aged must faster (They were at least Bodie Taylor or Temura Morrison at 10-13 I think) whereas Gideon's all appeared to be the same age as him. Maybe similar to the ones from the Zahn trilogy, although those were specifically not supposed to be connected to the force. It's possible they would have Gideon's memory built in like some sci-fi clones do, but maybe some slight conditioning to remain loyal to "Prime" Gideon.

Palpatine was probably just some spirit transfer (Maybe with the help of the Sith Eternal) to a waiting body unless the one we saw in ROS was scooped from what remained of him from the Death Star II wreckage, but I think the novel makes it clear it's a flawed clone.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I enjoyed the happy ending with Din and Grogu but damn I thought Season 3 was terrible.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-19-2023 at 02:09 PM.

I for one enjoyed the heck out of it. I liked the adventure orientation of this season and thought the finale was very "ROTJ", intentionally so, given the title.
    I worried they would leave a cliff hanger to lead into Ashoka, but I was as satisfied as Mando sitting on his porch.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Did seem like Bo was gonna take over the show at a certain point. But in the end it's back to the basics. Looking like Grogu isn't gonna need Mando eqiupment. The force is strong with that lil guy. Although a jetpack and beskar couldn't hurt. Not against seeing more of Bo in the next season tho. Aaand let's give Sasha (ahem) I mean Koska some more speaking lines please.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-19-2023 at 02:43 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Different for adopted orphans maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I for one enjoyed the heck out of it. I liked the adventure orientation of this season and thought the finale was very "ROTJ", intentionally so, given the title.
    I worried they would leave a cliff hanger to lead into Ashoka, but I was as satisfied as Mando sitting on his porch.
    Think Mando taking on more NR jobs kind of lead to it a bit, or at least the shared movie wrap-up.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm glad the season ended on a stronger note after a lot of weak episodes, also interesting that this is assumedly the end of the Darksaber's story

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think Mando taking on more NR jobs kind of lead to it a bit, or at least the shared movie wrap-up.
    They left it open, but not like Mando in chains and Darth Va.... Gideon controlling Mandolor. Which I was afraid of.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!