Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Sabine isn't a given, she could always be off doing Ezra related stuff or what have you, but with the rest of the cast seemingly gathering, it sure does feel like a logical appearance, doesn't it?

Ahsoka, Fett, Bo-Katan, the possibility though not promise of Rex. Sabine makes so much sense. This is looking to be a really loaded season, in terms of Star Wars returns.

And despite all the awesome I just want them to confirm my Armorer = Rook Kast theory.
    I think there was a rumor of Sabine showing up. I'm assuming it'll just be an appearance where she doesn't take her helmet off so Tiya Sircar can still play her.

I imagine a lot of this will play into the rumored Rebels sequel.

Astonishing Member

Temuera Morrison.
    Katee Sackhoff.
    Timothy Olyphant.
    Rosario Dawson.

Jesus with this series.

If Cad Bane shows up I swear to god.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    If Cad Bane shows up I swear to god.
    It would not surprise me at this point .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I've started watching the Mandalorian Documentary and while it's generally interesting to hear the directors talk about their experiences I think it's a streatch to call it a documentary...it's more like those after shows like the Talking Dead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've started watching the Mandalorian Documentary and while it's generally interesting to hear the directors talk about their experiences I think it's a streatch to call it a documentary...it's more like those after shows like the Talking Dead.
    Definitely not nitty-gritty/nuts and bolts stuff. I think what it is has merit and the round-table is worthwhile to see. It feels a smidge self-congratulatory, but like, "It", the documentary feels that way. The people don't. They just seem like they love the material and want to sit around a table and talk about it and think we might like it. I'm a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition behind-the-scenes kid so my expectations are just not realistic, and compared to the tiny little micro-segments we got about behind-the-scenes Clone Wars and Rebels, this is actually quite a haul of content.

I don't know if it's some combination of the Star Wars Secrecy, combined with them not realizing that their fanbase are exactly the kinds of people who want to see the mechanics and logistics of how Point A became Point B and who came up with C to get to D, or a bunch of tech nerds who work on 3D rendering and animation at home, or a bunch of artists, or whatever else. That's what it feels like, though.

I mean, the Lord of the Rings behind-the-scenes stories are the reason why I went to art school. I want to meet the Mandalorian concept artists and see them refine things into what it became.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Definitely not nitty-gritty/nuts and bolts stuff. I think what it is has merit and the round-table is worthwhile to see. It feels a smidge self-congratulatory, but like, "It", the documentary feels that way. The people don't. They just seem like they love the material and want to sit around a table and talk about it and think we might like it. I'm a Lord of the Rings Extended Edition behind-the-scenes kid so my expectations are just not realistic, and compared to the tiny little micro-segments we got about behind-the-scenes Clone Wars and Rebels, this is actually quite a haul of content.

I don't know if it's some combination of the Star Wars Secrecy, combined with them not realizing that their fanbase are exactly the kinds of people who want to see the mechanics and logistics of how Point A became Point B and who came up with C to get to D, or a bunch of tech nerds who work on 3D rendering and animation at home, or a bunch of artists, or whatever else. That's what it feels like, though.

I mean, the Lord of the Rings behind-the-scenes stories are the reason why I went to art school. I want to meet the Mandalorian concept artists and see them refine things into what it became.
    The episode one dvd had stuff like that and I loved it, I'd love to see that level of depth.

Timothy Olyphant! Hell yes! I want to see him go Raylan Givens on some fools.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

First pics from season 2: https://ew.com/tv/mandalorian-season-2-first-look/ Not much new here but still kind of cool.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

I'm surprised how long chapter 9 was. Not a bad start.

iMan 42s

Kind of scared Filoni and friends had been about to blue ball me but they came through. Not a bad start and interested to see where it goes next week. Kind of surprised how much of this was kept secret. Season 2 starts with a bang.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Ok, this was quite good. Very much felt akin to the beginning of Rebels S2, moving things into a larger and more familiar world. This thing was loaded with easter eggs and nods. The main plot was a little simple, very much Western in it's "townsfolk and hated natives team up" vibe.

spoilers:
    Cobb Vanth was excellent. The Krayt dragon was really well realized. Not sure how I feel about the sand worm design choice, but it looked great. And they kept the roar/cry sound from when Obi-Wan scares off the Tuskens to rescue Luke in ANH.

Anakin's podracer engine as Vance's speeder bike made me chuckle. We also got R5, so now we know where he wound up after Owen passed him by for R2-D2. And of course, Boba Fett. I'm curious where that might be going. And am I the only one who noticed that the way they chose to visualize Boba leaves Temuera Morrison just a Santa beard shy of being Rex? Come on Disney, you know you want to. Live action Captain Rex would so certainly put a smile on my face.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok, this was quite good. Very much felt akin to the beginning of Rebels S2, moving things into a larger and more familiar world. This thing was loaded with easter eggs and nods. The main plot was a little simple, very much Western in it's "townsfolk and hated natives team up" vibe.

spoilers:
    Cobb Vanth was excellent. The Krayt dragon was really well realized. Not sure how I feel about the sand worm design choice, but it looked great. And they kept the roar/cry sound from when Obi-Wan scares off the Tuskens to rescue Luke in ANH.

Anakin's podracer engine as Vance's speeder bike made me chuckle. We also got R5, so now we know where he wound up after Owen passed him by for R2-D2. And of course, Boba Fett. I'm curious where that might be going. And am I the only one who noticed that the way they chose to visualize Boba leaves Temuera Morrison just a Santa beard shy of being Rex? Come on Disney, you know you want to. Live action Captain Rex would so certainly put a smile on my face.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now that you mention it, the bald head look is very reminiscent of Rex although Boba looked younger than Rebels Rex to me.

I think it's pretty likely Boba wants his armor back. I think we're also finally going to get clear confirmation on the Fett's status as Mandalorian's.
    end of spoilers

As a huge fan of Justified, I freaking loved Olyphant as the Marshall.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!