Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

The skeleton C-3PO encounters is supposed to be one, but it's kind of too small compared to this one. Probably a younger member or different species.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah wookiepedia says it's still canon that there's two different species, the Greater Krayt dragons(one in the episode) and smaller Canyon Krayt dragons that look like giant monitor lizards

though that said the way the skeleton looks I'd say it's a Greater, just much much smaller

Boba Fett theory: (forgive me if someone else has thought of this, but I didn't read it anywhere)
    -- A bunch of people have been wondering why Boba Fett (if that was him) is still on Tatttooine, what's he been doing, why has he waited to long to get his armor if indeed he wants it back, etc. Here's a theory: Fett had actually taken on the Mandalorian "Way" somewhere along the line. We didn't see how he lost his armor, or if the Jawas saw him, so it's possible that nobody has seen him without his helmet. Therefore, he still has a chance of putting it back on again. Maybe he thinks it's against the code to cover his face in some other way, so he just wanders around unseen. He only walks up to whatsername last season because she was dead. He's been waiting for a chance to get it back, but it's a lot more difficult to do it without anyone seeing his face. So he's been biding his time. (I mean, who knows how long it took him to even find out where it went?)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-03-2020 at 04:49 AM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Well, the idea of nobody seeing their faces or having their armor off is something that still needs a little fine tuning in how it relates to other established stuff, since other Mandalorians didn't demonstrate this custom, not even Death Watch. Its possible it was a custom brought back into practice sometime after the Siege or the Purge, but Mando said no one had seen his face since he was a child, which puts the custom in the same timeline as Sabine Wren, someone who frequently took her helmet off and yet had the right to wield the Darksaber.

^^ Yes. There are tons of people who identify as Christian, but we all know they don't all follow the same practices. Some Muslims have the occasional drink though they'd still never eat pork. Maybe Mando's more Orthodox than Sabine. An explanation would be welcome though and I fully expect one considering the guest stars this season.

iMan 42s

Based on what we know, Mandalore isn't a race, it's a creed.
    So those born in the Mandalorian system are the Mandalorian people, but to be a Mandalorian as a way of life one needs to follow its creed. Keeping the helmet on is one of these rules which we know Deathwatch, Sabine, Jango, Satine's Mandalorian, and Maul's Mandalorian didn't follow. This would also apply to Imperial occupation who would once again show face in public.

So it could be that while say Sabine identifies as a Mandalorian and she wouldn't be wrong if she was born in the system, she isn't a Mandalorian in that she's not following the creed. So we have two potential ways of identifying Mandalorians;
    1. You'd been born in the system and or to a clan
    2. You're following the creed regardless of having been born into it
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Based on what we know, Mandalore isn't a race, it's a creed.
    So those born in the Mandalorian system are the Mandalorian people, but to be a Mandalorian as a way of life one needs to follow its creed. Keeping the helmet on is one of these rules which we know Deathwatch, Sabine, Jango, Satine's Mandalorian, and Maul's Mandalorian didn't follow. This would also apply to Imperial occupation who would once again show face in public.

So it could be that while say Sabine identifies as a Mandalorian and she wouldn't be wrong if she was born in the system, she isn't a Mandalorian in that she's not following the creed. So we have two potential ways of identifying Mandalorians;
    1. You'd been born in the system and or to a clan
    2. You're following the creed regardless of having been born into it
    I think the theory that Mando just belongs to a more extreme sect is much simpler. The fewer complications the better.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think the theory that Mando just belongs to a more extreme sect is much simpler. The fewer complications the better.
    I was thinking that too in a way, that after the Imperial occupation of Mandalore an extreme sect of Mandalorians went back to "The Way" to preserve the Mandalorian as a way of life.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I was thinking that too in a way, that after the Imperial occupation of Mandalore an extreme sect of Mandalorians went back to "The Way" to preserve the Mandalorian as a way of life.
    I think it has to be before the occupation, Mando said no one had seen his face since he was a boy and we saw Separatist droids kill his parents so he was a boy before the Empire existed.

I think it has to be before the occupation, Mando said no one had seen his face since he was a boy and we saw Separatist droids kill his parents so he was a boy before the Empire existed.
    True I forgot about that, maybe the sect that became dominate after the occupation.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 11-03-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Speaking of occupation, it seems this confirms there was a large Imperial presence on Tatooine at least at the time of ROTJ.

Makes you wonder how Luke and the Falcon managed to get to Jabba's palace without somehow alerting the Empire somehow? Then again the deleted scenes seemed to indicate they didn't park in any of the cities.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That does make things much less complicated. We have already seen in clone wars that there were different views on what being a Mandolorian meant so it is not hard to think that there might be some that are more extreme in their beliefs. Especially after the purge more might have been drawn to this more extreme version of the creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That does make things much less complicated. We have already seen in clone wars that there were different views on what being a Mandolorian meant so it is not hard to think that there might be some that are more extreme in their beliefs. Especially after the purge more might have been drawn to this more extreme version of the creed.
    I wonder how much Satine is rolling over in her grave...

Okay, Thinking about it what is the age of Din Djarin (Mando)? Looking at what the approximate the age of Boba Fett, 10 in Ep. II, that is 22BBY and, some where around 13 (19BBY) when the Separatist were defeated, Then he would be 41 or there about during season 1 of The Mandalorian. if Djarin was saved by Mandalorians (Death Watch) during the Cone Wars (22BBY to 19 BBY) that would mean he is only slightly younger than Boba Fett. Wouldn't he know about Baba Fett then? And wouldn't he have recognized the armor when he saw it? He seem to be surprised when Cobb Vanth (The Marshal) started to take his helmet off? Was Boba Fett ever part of this sect during the OT? In season one it said that only a limited number of Mandorians were allowed out at once to hide there numbers, maybe this is why Fett was so well known during that time. Also Djarin told Cara Dune that if he is seen with out his helmet then he could never put it on again. Maybe this is why Fett never went to get his armor back.

Also with it Comes to Sabine, at the end of Rebels which is after the Battle of Jakku (which is closer in time to season one of The Mandalorian) she is seen with Ahsoka with out her Helmet meaning that she did not join this Sect? Will an introduction of Wren also introduce a new sect of Mandalorian?
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 11-03-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Okay, Thinking about it what is the age of Din Djarin (Mando)? Looking at what the approximate the age of Boba Fett, 10 in Ep. II, that is 22BBY and, some where around 13 (19BBY) when the Separatist were defeated, Then he would be 41 or there about during season 1 of The Mandalorian. if Djarin was saved by Mandalorians (Death Watch) during the Cone Wars (22BBY to 19 BBY) that would mean he is only slightly younger than Boba Fett. Wouldn't he know about Baba Fett then? And wouldn't he have recognized the armor when he saw it? He seem to be surprised when Cobb Vanth (The Marshal) started to take his helmet off? Was Boba Fett ever part of this sect during the OT? In season one it said that only a limited number of Mandorians were allowed out at once to hide there numbers, maybe this is why Fett was so well known during that time. Also Djarin told Cara Dune that if he is seen with out his helmet then he could never put it on again. Maybe this is why Fett never went to get his armor back.

Also with it Comes to Sabine, at the end of Rebels which is after the Battle of Jakku (which is closer in time to season one of The Mandalorian) she is seen with Ahsoka with out her Helmet meaning that she did not join this Sect? Will an introduction of Wren also introduce a new sect of Mandalorian?
    Subject to change, but as of what has come before, it is the official position of the people behind Star Wars that, in Disney canon anyway, Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian. Jango Fett was not a Mandalorian. They are just bounty hunters who happen to wear (probably stolen) Mandalorian armor.

We'll see if that gets addressed at all on this show, and it both certainly could, and could easily be changed when it is. But I kind of like it as a detail, that Jango and Boba were just using the gear to boost their own reputations without any real connection to the culture or people. It adds a veneer of imperialist cultural appropriation to the pair that I think suits their role in the story (being the chief jobbers in Star Wars history, anything that adds to the humor of their supposed, but completely unearned, badass credibility works for me).