Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I keep reading reviews of the show that criticize it because the Mandalorian never took off his helmet and I just don't get it. Do we really need to see the hero's face to empathize with them?

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I keep reading reviews of the show that criticize it because the Mandalorian never took off his helmet and I just don't get it. Do we really need to see the hero's face to empathize with them?
    Don't they actually make note of it that people are under the impression that Mandolorians don't? Even in that scene where we see a bunch of them hanging out, I don't think any of them have their helmet off.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    At the risk of being THAT GUY most of those are coming from Fox contributors. I've noticed a trend in that Fox entertainment writers have this thing where they rip into every negative thing they can find about Star Wars ever since the sale.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Doesn't bother me that he didn't take off his helmet. It makes it more interesting.

Glad its renewed for season 2. I wonder how many seasons they can get out of this?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Doesn't bother me that he didn't take off his helmet. It makes it more interesting.

Glad its renewed for season 2. I wonder how many seasons they can get out of this?
    3-5. I think this ending around the time TFA would be best. Fav has asked for some big cameos like Chewie and Luke, too, for future seasons.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    3-5. I think this ending around the time TFA would be best. Fav has asked for some big cameos like Chewie and Luke, too, for future seasons.
    Oh man, I'd love to get more Hammil as Luke.

They'd probably have to de-age him somehow though, unless the show goes further into the ROTJ/TFA gap. Around this time I think Luke is mainly collecting Jedi lore.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They'd probably have to de-age him somehow though, unless the show goes further into the ROTJ/TFA gap. Around this time I think Luke is mainly collecting Jedi lore.
    His "young" look as the Force Illusion in the Last Jedi I think would be close enough and I think that was natural but if not the tech is pretty well known these days to digitally do it.

Well, he could always do a VO on a holo.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    At the risk of being THAT GUY most of those are coming from Fox contributors. I've noticed a trend in that Fox entertainment writers have this thing where they rip into every negative thing they can find about Star Wars ever since the sale.
    Which seems odd since the entire Fox entertainment franchise was sold off. Not just Star Wars. Are they going to start bashing Simpsons too? Wonder if Disney twisted their arm for the sale.
    Assassinate Putin!

I really loved this. I'm one of those people who didn't like last jedi and solo, and so I kinda thought I was just done with it all, but this really reminded me of why I loved SW in the first place. Star Wars always had a samurai western motif so if The Mandlorian becomes the star wars western and obi wan becomes Yojimbo I am really happy. The learning to ride the monster was a little cheesy but it was like 5 minutes so meh.

After seeing the pilot I'm glad they didn't just make it Boba Fett, and appreciate that they created a lot of new characters, species, worlds, etc. I'm kind of wishing they created a samurai jedi series too, but with a new character instead of obi wan.

Wish the episodes came out quicker too.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I really loved this. I'm one of those people who didn't like last jedi and solo, and so I kinda thought I was just done with it all, but this really reminded me of why I loved SW in the first place. Star Wars always had a samurai western motif so if The Mandlorian becomes the star wars western and obi wan becomes Yojimbo I am really happy. The learning to ride the monster was a little cheesy but it was like 5 minutes so meh.

After seeing the pilot I'm glad they didn't just make it Boba Fett, and appreciate that they created a lot of new characters, species, worlds, etc. I'm kind of wishing they created a samurai jedi series too, but with a new character instead of obi wan.

Wish the episodes came out quicker too.
    While I can see the obvious comparisons between Jedi and samurai and I'd like a series with that feel dialed up to 11 (with or without Obi Wan), I've always felt the fighting abilities of the Jedi/Force and Lightsaber users was a lot more similar to Wuxia heroes than the ones in classic samurai movies. Think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero.

At least that's the direction I think the prequels went with.

One thing I thought of today that didn't cross my mind before: spoilers:
    The baby Yoda had supposedly been in that place for fifty years, making his arrival there during the Clone Wars, but more than that it makes me think he wasn't being imprisoned there by that small army but rather he was put there out of the way to be protected by them perhaps in the event that the Republic fell.
    end of spoilers

Whats the time frame for the show? I thought it took place after rotj but before fa?
    I also thought the baby was just a member of that species.

So does he need to use a straw to drink stuff? I feel like the no helmet thing wasn't thought through. I hope when he's alone in the ship he can take it off.

Also think that if they ever do remove the helmet he'll have a ton of scars or burn marks. Not just going to be pedro with a mustache.