Page 42 of 107 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    3PO did say that those swallowed by the Sarlacc would be "slowly digested over a thousand years (presumably alive in some sorry state judging by Threepio's dialogue)" but it's possible he got out before that happened...

Yep and it's made pretty clear in AOTC that Boba is an "unaltered" clone without age or other programming even though the Kaminoans don't refer exactly to Boba by that name it's kind of obvious it's him.
    Jango Fett directly addresses him as “Boba” in AOTC so there is no question at all that it is him.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Dark Troopers waste no time and have their own jet boosters. Grogu did get a message out though, wonder who will answer.

Boba and Fennec as party members for rest of season? Awesome.

I don't think there is a good repair option for Turbolaser. RIP Razorcrest.

What makes Bill Burr's character best for finding Gideon? I recall he was Imperial sharp shooter but not necessarily connected with remnants. Speaking of which, I guess remnants have never been as well armed as a Arquitens class before, given Boba's surprise at its existence

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nice that they effectively confirmed Boba to be a Mandalorian, even if it wasn’t a conventional way.

I am expecting a Ezra appearance as a rescue at some point. Not sure who else Grogu could have contacted that works unless they figure out a Luke or Leia cameo.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Nice that they effectively confirmed Boba to be a Mandalorian, even if it wasn’t a conventional way.

I am expecting a Ezra appearance as a rescue at some point. Not sure who else Grogu could have contacted that works unless they figure out a Luke or Leia cameo.
    Cal Kestis or Ahsoka herself.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

I'm pretty sure it was just George Lucas who was insisting that Boba Fett not be an actual Mandalorian,and given that he's the only reason anyone cares about Mandalorians to begin with, it is good that the show put some respect on his name here by restoring his status. Canonically, you can probably take the scenes from the Clone Wars cartoon as representing the attitudes of the ruling elite, who are probably obsessed with bloodlines and don't consider foundlings to be true Mandalorians, whereas the Children of the Watch are shunned by mainstream society and have relied on foundlings to bolster their numbers, so are by necessity more accepting. Also it took 40 years, but we FINALLY got to see Boba Fett actually doing something cool on screen, so that was definitely a treat. Hopefully the next couple of episodes see them assemble the entire squad together to attack Moff Gideon's forces, though perhaps they can just give the poor stormtroopers a break for once and let the dark troopers handle most of the action scenes.

Getting to have all the surviving Mandalorian heroes vs the Dark Troopers with Din vs Gideon sounds awesome to me.

Just hope the rumours about having Boba die and Sabine or Bo takes his armour and ‘becomes’ Boba Fett isn’t true, that would be disrespectful to Boba and those characters if it was just for the sake of a secretly female led Boba Fett series that uses the name than the actual character as the selling point. Give Boba his own series if there’s a good enough concept.

This also seems to confirm that Boba's armor is a modified form of Jango's, although since the helmet was destroyed in Clone Wars presumably he got a new one somewhere.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Getting to have all the surviving Mandalorian heroes vs the Dark Troopers with Din vs Gideon sounds awesome to me.

Just hope the rumours about having Boba die and Sabine or Bo takes his armour and ‘becomes’ Boba Fett isn’t true, that would be disrespectful to Boba and those characters if it was just for the sake of a secretly female led Boba Fett series that uses the name than the actual character as the selling point. Give Boba his own series if there’s a good enough concept.
    Sigh. That is such a terrible idea that it MUST be true.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nice that Boba finally has a badass live action moment after decades of nothing outside books or comics

iMan 42s

Sabine becoming “Boba” would pretty much shit on bringing Boba back in the first place. Let fans and writers have fun with post 6 Boba before we include any sort of legacy. With Boba being back let’s have fun with Morrison before we do the hand off..

Interesting Boba’s armor is Jango’s though of course the helmet has to be different. Interesting to note that his gear in ESB is also slightly different so it’s kind of neat that he kept messing with it. Kind of makes me want to see a younger Boba in his dads gear before he started messing with it. Love the dark troopers being in live-action. They came back into cannon through the mobile games but it’s really cool to see them here. Looks like they combined designs here so I wonder if this means we will finally get a consistent look to them.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Does anyone else wonder if they'll actually say the name of Boba's ship? It strikes me as somewhat problematic although I never understood the reason for it in the first place.

Mando having fun with saying Grogu's name while playing with him was such a sweet scene. He really cares about the little guy .

I was hyped the moment I saw Slave 1. It got only better from there .

So, yeah, Jango was a Foundling, served during the Mandlorian Civil War, and thus the Fett's are Mandalorian's even though Boba was never raised that way and doesn't really care, but the armor is his by right. Glad to finally have that confirmed and settled with once and for all.

Boba finally has a proper showing in live-action as to why he's one of the most dangerous bounty hunters alive. Truly, Boba Fett has been reborn .

Was anything accomplished by the Tython thing? Will a Jedi or someone Force-sensitive come in to save Grogu at the 11th hour during the climax? Did Grogu learn something about himself that will keep him with Mando?

So is Fennec, like, part droid now? Is that why she's so loyal to Boba? Or is just an honor thing like when they agree to go with Din to save Grogu?

If you had told me that some new Mandalorian was going to team-up with Boba Fett to save a baby version of Yoda from Dark Troopers...I wouldn't have believed you.

Cara is finally legit, but there's no way she won't bend the rules to save the kid. Now we have to do another prison break of the same guy we left behind on the last prison break.

Did that little bit of training teach Grogu how to Force Push someone so effectively or is he just re-remebering his Jedi training?

Curious to see what happens next episode. Boba was pretty known to being very much in the employment of the Empire during the Galactic Civil War and whilst that was likely because they had all the money to hire him, I imagine the New Republic and maybe even Cara would have a big problem with him. So if they are going to raid a New Republic facility to breakout the former Imperial scout... could be interesting.

What are they going to do about the Razorcrest this time ?

Also of note seeing someone actually use a Gaffi stick and it being every bit as brutal as it's supposed to be was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What are they going to do about the Razorcrest this time ?
    pretty sure all the Mon Calamari scrap fixing in the world isn't repairing a crater, she's dead Jim.