Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Honestly, Luke doesn't get anything out of meeting Ahsoka regardless. He's already a fully trained Jedi Knight, really all she can offer him is ritual and memory. Sure it might be fun to see him learn more about the Jedi's history and traditions from someone who lived them, and I would expect the telling of many tales of Anakin in his prime. But after RotJ, she doesn't have anything Luke actually needs. It's Ahsoka who benefits from the interaction, seeing that something of the good man Anakin had been lives on and carries on that legacy.
    I think Luke would appreciate hearing the perspective of someone living who lived through the old Republic and was a major part of the old Jedi order. Not only for just the stories she could tell about the Jedi and his father, but for what Ahsoka could tell him about what the Jedi did right and where they went wrong (which she knows all about).
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Boba will probably die and Mando will inherit Slave 1.
    I doubt they'd put all this work into Boba just to kill him off.

I mean, jeez, Temeura Morrison started out just playing Jango (and the Clones), then he redubs Boba in the original trilogy, and now he's physically playing Boba in probably the most action and dialogue he's gotten in live-action with all the movies put together.

They've been building on the Fett reveal for a while now, killing him right after the payoff doesn't make narrative sense. To say nothing of the potential spin off for him and the undoubted backlash from fans they're trying to win back.

And I mean Morrison wanted to play him too, it's not like they had to drag him back in, he wanted to be in episode 7. So I don't think keeping him around would be difficult.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-04-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Luke would appreciate hearing the perspective of someone living who lived through the old Republic and was a major part of the old Jedi order. Not only for just the stories she could tell about the Jedi and his father, but for what Ahsoka could tell him about what the Jedi did right and where they went wrong (which she knows all about).

I mean, jeez, Temeura Morrison started out just playing Jango (and the Clones), then he redubs Boba in the original trilogy, and now he's physically playing Boba in probably the most action and dialogue he's gotten in live-action with all the movies put together.
    Luke's lines in TLJ scream Ahsoka to me.

I would be willing to bet they met during the build up of his Jedi academy. He didn't believe her until Ben turned, then he reads it all.

That being said, Hamill has been seen going to the Mando enclave (they don't build sets, they have that crazy digital dome thing now).

He did last season, too, but voiced an alien. Maybe this time he is not just doing an alien?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

There’s been rumours about Kathleen Kennedy wanting a female Mandalorian show and saying that she thinks people only care about the name and not the character underneath. Hopefully that’s been vetoed in favour of something more faithful to the character. Boba could do his own series if there’s a good enough concept and Ashoka, Cara or Bo all work as ideal spin-offs instead if they prefer those.

There's apparently an interesting little easter egg with Boba's Mandalorian family tree-Jango's "father" is Jaster.

Before the prequels, "Jaster Mereel" was a possible origin story/real name for Boba Fett, basically that he was a rogue mercenary or something like that in the original EU.

When the prequels came out and had Boba revealed to be a Clone, Jaster Mereel was retconned as Jango's mentor instead, but also that Jango wanted Boba to carry Jaster's legacy, in various AOTC tie-ins like Bounty Hunter and the Open seasons comic book.

The novels-I think Legacy of the Force and some of the comics-then melded the two together revealing that Boba did use the Jaster Mereel alias at one point when he tried to settle down and have a family. This also sort of explained stories about an adult Boba fighting in the Clone Wars, as he was mistaken for the other Jaster.

So the Jango's mentor bit at least is back in canon it seems.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    There’s been rumours about Kathleen Kennedy wanting a female Mandalorian show and saying that she thinks people only care about the name and not the character underneath. Hopefully that’s been vetoed in favour of something more faithful to the character. Boba could do his own series if there’s a good enough concept and Ashoka, Cara or Bo all work as ideal spin-offs instead if they prefer those.
    I feel like that flies in the face of the fact that we've actually gotten to know and invest in Din Djarin even though we've only seen him unmasked once (not counting flashbacks).

Extraordinary Member

This episode makes me want to see Mando and his team go up against their evil equals on some A-team ****. Boba Fett looked bad-ass but these fodder storm troopers are getting redundant you almost feel sorry for them lol.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Boba will probably die and Mando will inherit Slave 1.
    That's definitely my feeling, Boba dies in a blaze of glory to save the Child in the finale and Mando becomes a Fett

iMan 42s

If any Fett was to die I’m more convinced it’d be Rex since he can’t have that much left in him whereas Boba could easily make it into the sequels. It’d just seem counterintuitive to me to bring back Boba and have him die in the same season.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

How old would Rex be at this point given the double aging thing? Still be cool to see Morrison play him as well though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ahsoka really shouldn't meet Luke. Ever. Or at the very least if she does meet him it has to be a much younger Luke because old man Skywalker gets the Old Jedi kind of sucked. He gets nothing from that interaction because at a point he recognizes Vader is his father, but gets the galaxy would've been a whole lot better had he not happened. Like if she does meet him that has to be a Luke before he comes to that conclusion.
    I want her to meet Luke. I want her to get closure when it comes to Anakin. He was able to be saved and that a legacy of his is doing good in the galaxy. It wouldn't hurt Luke to know her.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    How old would Rex be at this point given the double aging thing? Still be cool to see Morrison play him as well though.
    Rex would probably be close to Temmura's actual age. Remove the scar and what looks like some anti-wrinkle makeup or digital smoothing he had in Mandalorian, have him grow a beard and you'd be pretty much set.

Probably would confuse Mando a bit. Given his naivete about the Jedi and the regular Mandalorians, and also that he was very young during the actual wars, it's possible he doesn't know about the whole Fett/Clonetrooper connection.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If any Fett was to die I’m more convinced it’d be Rex since he can’t have that much left in him whereas Boba could easily make it into the sequels. It’d just seem counterintuitive to me to bring back Boba and have him die in the same season.
    It doesn't seem counter-intuitive at all and in fact makes a lot of sense thematically.

I don't really see Mando becoming a Fett. Boba doesn't even really think of himself as a Mandalorian so it's not something I think he'd want.

One thing that did seem a bit off to me is that in Clone Wars and some of the other Disney material featuring Fett (The Marvel comics for example)-and even in what fairly little we see in the films, Fett actually comes across a bit more like Mando; but here he seems to have a bit less of an attitude. Maybe because they wanted to have him be a bit different from Mando, or the Sarlacc situation humbled him a bit. He kind of sees a bit like a more brutal, more emotionally stoic Chirrut.